**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Removal of Revive Farming and the Apothecary Discussion

Comments

• Options
    Jojo_VengerbergJojo_Vengerberg Posts: 13
    Absolutely not, Kabam you should ask yourself, why do players that have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on this game still need to farm, revives, you have monetised the entire game, every facet of this game is monetised, progression, levelling up, potion, ranking up resources, obtaining champions, completing content end game which is even more of a cash grab now due to the input issues and ludicrous increase defender stats and passive/reactive that won’t throw a level 1 or 2 super unless it’s unblockable cause then the defender will throw the unblockable super non stop, this game has started to feel like a job that is just annoying and frustrating, not a game that I have fun anymore. I stopped spending in 2021 but on rare occasion i consider picking up a $5 or $10 deal but i have to think hard about it but then within one day or two kabam will something that just revolts me and i fortunately I didn't spend and feel relieved i didn't give in and spend because every time I get close to reconsidering, not spending kabam do something like this and reminds me why I don’t spend and i don't want to support this game, because when we have issues and we voiced them, you don’t listen to us, so the only way that you will even remotely listen is if we don’t spend because then you listen to the money or the lack of money coming in, the game is not even working properly and kabams priority is fixing pro player bugs within minutes of discovery but fixing pro kabam bugs takes weeks sometimes months because that's not a priority that's what's important to kabam. i play way less then I used too and now kabam removing the revive farm, the part of the game that is pivotal to us. You are going in the wrong direction and absolutely trying to squeeze out F2P and low spenders out and I'm almost all the way done with this game, you are not at all in touch with the player base at all, this move is horrendous. And kabam don't deserve us or our money, speak with closing our wallets
  • Options
    Kratos_charlyKratos_charly Posts: 14
    Kabam fix your bugs first and kill hackers. If you remove farming and prefer your players to pay for everything, they can both keep the game. See if with only paying players it is profitable for you. Many people will retire because of your bad decisions and for giving priority to what only affects your pocket. Prioritize what affects your players. And please let me express myself don't warn and delete my posts.
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,469 ★★★★
    The fact that the main post has 756 disagrees and counting is crazy
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,375 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023
    Wiredawg1 said:

Vydra said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

37v417 said:

What a disgusting money grab. Shame on you, you vultures.

How much are you planning on increasing your spending after this change? Because I wasn't planning on spending more because of this change. How exactly is this going to make money? Who's going to be spending more?
    This is just wrong DNA. Do you not remember before the revive path? In most cases, it was drop an Odin or don't complete the content. This is an awful change.
    I have never spent cash to complete any content in the game. I have no plans to start any time soon.
    Then you have no skin in the game. You don't complete the content that you need revives for so this doesn't affect you.

That's like me, who doesn't play arena, supporting a nerf to units from the milestones because it doesn't affect me.

Very selfish stance.
    I said I don't spend cash to complete content. And neither do the people who farm revives to within an inch of their lives. I *am* the player this change is targeted at, moreso than probably anyone else. The top tier players who farm revives aren't going to be affected all that much: they can still do almost everything. It just might be harder for them to save up the resources. The whales aren't going to blink an eye.

It is players like me who will either be able to do it with farmed resources or probably not at all who have the most skin in the game. We are the players whose game experience will change the most after this change. Most of the players I know who either oppose this change or who dislike it, they are almost all exactly like me, in exactly the same position as me, contemplating a game where top tier content might be drifting out of reach. Players who balanced skill and resource management to make progress in the game.

I have a lot of sympathy for them, because I am them. And anyone who thinks they own the moral high ground to tell me I am not qualified to have an opinion on the matter is free to locate the nearest tree and make for that moral high ground.

That’s your comment from yesterday. If the last piece of content you did was the Maze and you failed and barely did EoP, we have some news for you
    He has more experience from a design perspective than anyone has playing MCOC on here. I don't think it's a reasonable call-out.
    You don’t have any room to speak either. You’re thornebreaker
    Okay, the last I checked, we were talking about Revives being farmed. Not having an Elementary School contest of whose in-game progress is the biggest.
    In actuality, calling people out for progress in the game is a last-ditch effort in a dying debate. It's low-hat.
    No one needs to "pony up" to discuss the issue. That's not how this Forum operates. Further to that, if you were to ask me whose judgment I would trust more for what's best for the game, I'd say the person who has many years of experience on both sides of the game. If I want to know how to make Boeuf Bourguignon, I talk to the Chef. Not the customer who eats it everyday.
    Feedback from users is valuable. It doesn't matter more than the people who have years of extensive knowledge producing this game, or others. If every change that was ever implemented had to pass popular vote, the game wouldn't have lasted 6 months.
    Either way, this mess about calling people out for having views is really juvenile. If you have points to make, use your words. Not your Account.
  • Options
    Gambl0rGambl0r Posts: 214 ★★
    as a mid-game player that didn't even know spamming revives in early acts is a thing. I like the change. Straight foward way to get 10 revives per week. If you need more than that, then it's a skill issue that needs to be addressed, not spamming revives

I very rarely agree with Kabam, in fact, I have too many infractions to count already. But on this rare occasion, I agree with the change, and look forward to farming revives instead of buying them
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,989 Guardian
    o_o said:

DNA3000 said:

FiiNCH said:

DNA3000 said:

37v417 said:

How much are you planning on increasing your spending after this change? Because I wasn't planning on spending more because of this change. How exactly is this going to make money? Who's going to be spending more?
    People trying to complete content with no access to farming revives perhaps..
    Just "people?" Sure, but which people who don't have access to farming revives? Everyone keeps saying this is a cash grab. But how many of them are actually planning on spending cash because of this cash grab?

It can't be a cash grab if no one actually spends on it. And while I'm sure someone somewhere will spend something, it won't be an effective cash grab unless a large number of players spend.

I don't think this has anything to do with monetization, because there is simply not enough money on the table. The problem is a much more direct problem with top tier content balancing.

Content in this game is balanced in large part on a curve. Which is to say, the more players who complete it, the easier it is. The fewer players that complete it, or the more players that attempt it and fail, the harder it is. That's the definition of content difficulty. It isn't hard because it looks hard on paper. Its hard if we can't do it.

If we all go into EoP with a hundred revives, we're going to tear through it like it is tissue paper. This shows up in the game data as a massive imbalance between the rewards and the measured difficulty of the content. This means one of two things: EoP-like content must now have much lower rewards, or EoP-like content must be diesigned vastly harder until the content is measured to be difficult enough to be appropriate.

The devs can't just "let us use the revives" because they can't just make the content and then let us do whatever we want to it. That's not how games like this are maintained. If we use tons of consumables to beat the content, the content will have to adjust to that.

So what's it going to be? Eventually have all end game content *only* doable with hundreds of revives, and if you don't farm hundreds of consumables it will just be impossible for you? Or have end game content have trivial rewards appropriate to the fact that pretty much everyone sails through it? Or reduce the flow of otherwise practically unlimited consumables and allow content to be balanced around players having a more manageable amount of consumables to throw at the content.

This problem is independent of monetization and has nothing to do with it. Whether Kabam makes more, less, or the same amount of money, they still have to solve this problem. Exponentially increase the difficulty, logarithmically lower the rewards, or reduce unlimited consumable farming. You have to pick one. And as someone who used to farm potions and revives enough to actually know the statistical average return of those maps accurately, of those three options I dislike the third one the least.

I won't like seeing my revive farms disappear. But I think I would like seeing all future end game content be designed in such a way that neutralizes that advantage even less. Once it gets hard enough that even the top tier players are going to need hundreds of revives to complete it, what are players like me supposed to do? We'd be locked out completely. But that's where this ultimately goes, if it is left unchecked.
    I'm trying to understand this point of view. Most of us assume this change is being made so that we have to buy refills we can currently grind for. You're saying it's not a monetization thing, it's a content balancing thing.

I get that "Content in this game is balanced in large part on a curve. The fewer players that complete it, or the more players that attempt it and fail, the harder it is." So the further we look along the curve, the fewer people are completing the content. I can see that the option to farm revives changes this dynamic, with many people completing content they would otherwise not be capable of. Seems to me that with revive farming there's still a curve, just with an increasing number of revives (some farmed, some purchased) used further along the curve. But it sounds like you're saying the ideal situation is one where only a small (or at least, much smaller) number of people are actually completing top tier content?

This might make sense in the realm of game design philosophy, but I don't understand it at all. I also don't get how the announced changes would solve content balancing problems since they would not prevent people from spamming purchased revives on top-tier content. So I can accept that "the problem is independent of monetization," but not that it "has nothing to do with it." Whatever the intent, won't the effect be to set up roadblocks that can be removed by players willing to spend cash?
    First of all, this isn't game design philosophy. This is game design practicality: it is how it works everywhere. Every progressional game with comparable game economies does things in basically the same way. At least, I've never met a game designer who claimed to do it differently, nor have I ever seen a game designer offer an opinion on a different way that wasn't speculative (i.e. wouldn't it be great if, but heck no I'm not going to be first). I'm not saying this is how I think things should be, I'm saying this is just how things are, everywhere.

Now, as to the issue with allowing spenders to bypass roadblocks, to be frank, that's inevitable. We have that now. Let's imagine a game with roadblocks, but with no spending. Now imagine adding microtransactions to such a game. What are you going to sell? Unless your monetization model is to sell cosmetics (a completely different discussion), you're going to be selling actual stuff. If that stuff does not bypass a roadblock, what's the point of spending? Why spend, if you're ultimately only going to get what everyone else gets? If you're going to sell something, it has to be something non-spenders can't get, either now or ever.

We sell crystals that give spenders the opportunity to get champs before anyone else. We sell potions and revives that let spenders burn through content that would block other players without those resources. We sell rank up materials that let spenders strengthen their rosters faster than non-spenders, which grant them advantages in AQ, AW, BG, even to some degree in Incursions and the arena. All progressional games are filled with roadblocks, and all such games supported by microtransactions allow spenders to bypass those roadblocks to at least some degree.

So yes, the net effect will be to place a roadblock in the game that spenders will be able to get past, to some degree. However, that's not the same thing as saying it is there to make money. Allowing spenders to get something for their spending that non-spenders can't get is how we convince players to spend. The devs do not want thousands of spenders to just blow past their hardest content, because that money isn't worth it. They just can't take too many steps to prevent that from happening, or risk their spenders deciding spending isn't worth it.
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    Gambl0r said:

as a mid-game player that didn't even know spamming revives in early acts is a thing. I like the change. Straight foward way to get 10 revives per week. If you need more than that, then it's a skill issue that needs to be addressed, not spamming revives

I very rarely agree with Kabam, in fact, I have too many infractions to count already. But on this rare occasion, I agree with the change, and look forward to farming revives instead of buying them

A little fish in a little pond won’t have much to look forward to. Sounds like you haven’t done Labyrinth, Abyss, Gauntlet, or Eternity of Pain. We’ll see how well your words will hold up if you approach these types of content.
  • Options
    Mr_West said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Vydra said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

37v417 said:

This is just wrong DNA. Do you not remember before the revive path? In most cases, it was drop an Odin or don't complete the content. This is an awful change.
    I have never spent cash to complete any content in the game. I have no plans to start any time soon.
    Then you have no skin in the game. You don't complete the content that you need revives for so this doesn't affect you.

That's like me, who doesn't play arena, supporting a nerf to units from the milestones because it doesn't affect me.

Very selfish stance.
    I said I don't spend cash to complete content. And neither do the people who farm revives to within an inch of their lives. I *am* the player this change is targeted at, moreso than probably anyone else. The top tier players who farm revives aren't going to be affected all that much: they can still do almost everything. It just might be harder for them to save up the resources. The whales aren't going to blink an eye.

It is players like me who will either be able to do it with farmed resources or probably not at all who have the most skin in the game. We are the players whose game experience will change the most after this change. Most of the players I know who either oppose this change or who dislike it, they are almost all exactly like me, in exactly the same position as me, contemplating a game where top tier content might be drifting out of reach. Players who balanced skill and resource management to make progress in the game.

I have a lot of sympathy for them, because I am them. And anyone who thinks they own the moral high ground to tell me I am not qualified to have an opinion on the matter is free to locate the nearest tree and make for that moral high ground.

That’s your comment from yesterday. If the last piece of content you did was the Maze and you failed and barely did EoP, we have some news for you
    He has more experience from a design perspective than anyone has playing MCOC on here. I don't think it's a reasonable call-out.
    Okay, the last I checked, we were talking about Revives being farmed. Not having an Elementary School contest of whose in-game progress is the biggest.
    In actuality, calling people out for progress in the game is a last-ditch effort in a dying debate. It's low-hat.
    No one needs to "pony up" to discuss the issue. That's not how this Forum operates. Further to that, if you were to ask me whose judgment I would trust more for what's best for the game, I'd say the person who has many years of experience on both sides of the game. If I want to know how to make Boeuf Bourguignon, I talk to the Chef. Not the customer who eats it everyday.
    Feedback from users is valuable. It doesn't matter more than the people who have years of extensive knowledge producing this game, or others. If every change that was ever implemented had to pass popular vote, the game wouldn't have lasted 6 months.
    Either way, this mess about calling people out for having views is really juvenile. If you have points to make, use your words. Not your Account.
    It has nothing to do with your progress. Revives are not an indefinite resource, they expire. So the farming nerf means that people will need to spend much more money to complete the content. It’s that simple. The alternative solution they offer helps limit how quickly you can get revives through farming.
    I wasn't aware that spending money was the only way to get Revs. All this time I've been saving them from Events and using Units. Must be a bug.
  • Options
    Wiredawg1 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Vydra said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

37v417 said:

Very selfish stance.

Hate to burst your bubble and I will. I have experience on both sides. I also have experience in other games where this exact same tactic that is being done by kabam was pulled on nerfing farm runs for stuff for high end farm runs. Runs that you can’t even phantom. Rubs that take 8-12+ hours to compete. And you know what happened when that company pulled what kabam is? They went out of business within a year. Didn’t even take a year. Was 3 months and the game died. So yea. I actually do know what I am talking about unlike you
    If you have experience on both sides, then you will understand the difference between player ultimatums and design necessity. One most certainly comes before the other. I find it hard to believe your perspective is reminiscent of someone who has worked on the design aspect. If you did, you would understand the requirements of the job are your primary concern, and if something is even mildly exploitable to the point that it puts constrains on months and months of work, that takes precedence over the desire to hoard in preparation for content that's immediately released. Further negating your design and creating more workload. Of course, you know that so I don't need to point that out.
  • Options
    Mr_West said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Vydra said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

37v417 said:

Very selfish stance.

Hate to burst your bubble and I will. I have experience on both sides. I also have experience in other games where this exact same tactic that is being done by kabam was pulled on nerfing farm runs for stuff for high end farm runs. Runs that you can’t even phantom. Rubs that take 8-12+ hours to compete. And you know what happened when that company pulled what kabam is? They went out of business within a year. Didn’t even take a year. Was 3 months and the game died. So yea. I actually do know what I am talking about unlike you
    If you have experience on both sides, then you will understand the difference between player ultimatums and design necessity. One most certainly comes before the other. I find it hard to believe your perspective is reminiscent of someone who has worked on the design aspect. If you did, you would understand the requirements of the job are your primary concern, and if something is even mildly exploitable to the point that it puts constrains on months and months of work, that takes precedence over the desire to hoard in preparation for content that's immediately released. Further negating your design and creating more workload. Of course, you know that so I don't need to point that out.
    That’s a terrible argument, they’re not limiting resources. They’re just limiting the free ones.
    They're limiting (reducing) the availability of Resources that were more easily farmable than should be for a Player attacking content designed to be highly challenging. Let's be honest. If it wasn't lucrative enough that people were milking it, we wouldn't see this reaction.
  • Options
    what's going on? would kabam compensate them in some way for defending them? Enough of attacking the other players, I don't see change badly and I'm not used to farming, but I was thinking of passing the gauntlet and some challenges from Carina, I'm sure those who defend this position already have most of the content and feel that These measures will not affect them, we will see these same people complaining about that in a while, I am sure.
  • Options
    see how the next difficult contents pass with 15 resus in the warehouse
  • Options
    Mr_WestMr_West Posts: 18

Mr_West said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Vydra said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

37v417 said:

Very selfish stance.

That’s a terrible argument, they’re not limiting resources. They’re just limiting the free ones.
    They're limiting (reducing) the availability of Resources that were more easily farmable than should be for a Player attacking content designed to be highly challenging. Let's be honest. If it wasn't lucrative enough that people were milking it, we wouldn't see this reaction.

Mr_West said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Vydra said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

37v417 said:

Very selfish stance.

Lucrative to the players?
This discussion has been closed.