Costs of 7* crystals revealed!!

Comments

• StellarStellar Member Posts: 1,082 ★★★★
    Stellar said:

Hey everybody,

We wanted to clarify something as it doesn't appear we were clear in this morning's stream.

The reason 7* crystals cost 15,000 shards is because of the number of 7* shards players are generating from 6* dupes. When we looked at the data, we saw that players are currently generating more 7* shards through dupes than they were acquiring 6* shards from all sources when 6*s launched.

This is because of the way rewards have stacked across four Progresson Groups that are all currently chasing 6*s, with 6* rewards in content for Uncollected, Cavalier, Thronebreaker and Paragon players. This was the inevitable result of the longer gap between the introduction of 6* and 7* champions compared to previous rarities.

This dynamic meant that we had to change something about our plans for 7*s. We didn't want to dilute the 7* pool with lower quality champions, we didn't want to reduce the number of 7* shards players could earn through content, and we didn't want to have to ration 6* shards in content such as the upcoming Paragon difficulty Side Quest (more info on this soon).

So the only real option we had was to increase the cost of the 7* crystal. We have scaled 7* rewards to match this new cost. For instance, AW Rank 1 will still grant a full 7* crystal the next time AW rewards are updated, as was always the plan. However, the 7* shards you get for duping a 6* will remain the same, as reducing that ratio was the whole purpose of the decision to price the 7* crystal at 15,000 shards.

Thx tor the clarification on the cost of 7 stars.

The stream in which Jax and Aidan presented the new 7 stars and the Act 8.2 didn't answered all the questions we could have. Maybe you could answer those questions ?

- What will be the cost to rank up a 7 stars to rank 2 ?

- When will we see this basic pool of 7 stars expand ?

- At what rate will new champions be included into the basic pool ?

- What will be the cost of the futur paragon crystal ? When will it be release ? Will it have the same odd to get a 7 stars as the Thronebreaker one for 6 stars ?

- Jax said the new Titan crystal (7 stars featured crystal) will take time to release. Can we know approximately how many time ?

- As people will start expanding their roster with 7 stars, will we see some new difficulties arrive ? AQ9 ? EQ Paragon level ? SQ Paragon level ? New content abyss like difficulty ?

- What about those exclusive champions like Scarlet Witch Sigil, unstoppable Colossus (he really need a good rework), Punisher, immortal iron fist, GoldPool, PlatinumPool, DeadPool, Jessica Jones, Thanos, Weapon X, Kang, will they get their 7 stars versions ? Will some of those available in the Black Iso Market with Scarlet Witch Sigil ?

Thx for reading and providing answer if you can
    Stellar said:

Hey everybody,

We wanted to clarify something as it doesn't appear we were clear in this morning's stream.

The reason 7* crystals cost 15,000 shards is because of the number of 7* shards players are generating from 6* dupes. When we looked at the data, we saw that players are currently generating more 7* shards through dupes than they were acquiring 6* shards from all sources when 6*s launched.

This is because of the way rewards have stacked across four Progresson Groups that are all currently chasing 6*s, with 6* rewards in content for Uncollected, Cavalier, Thronebreaker and Paragon players. This was the inevitable result of the longer gap between the introduction of 6* and 7* champions compared to previous rarities.

This dynamic meant that we had to change something about our plans for 7*s. We didn't want to dilute the 7* pool with lower quality champions, we didn't want to reduce the number of 7* shards players could earn through content, and we didn't want to have to ration 6* shards in content such as the upcoming Paragon difficulty Side Quest (more info on this soon).

So the only real option we had was to increase the cost of the 7* crystal. We have scaled 7* rewards to match this new cost. For instance, AW Rank 1 will still grant a full 7* crystal the next time AW rewards are updated, as was always the plan. However, the 7* shards you get for duping a 6* will remain the same, as reducing that ratio was the whole purpose of the decision to price the 7* crystal at 15,000 shards.

The stream in which Jax and Aidan presented the new 7 stars and the Act 8.2 didn't answered all the questions we could have. Maybe you could answer those questions ?

- What will be the cost of the futur paragon crystal ? When will it be release ? Will it have the same odd to get a 7 stars as the Thronebreaker one for 6 stars ?

- Jax said the new Titan crystal (7 stars featured crystal) will take time to release. Can we know approximately how many time ?

- As people will start expanding their roster with 7 stars, will we see some new difficulties arrive ? AQ9 ? EQ Paragon level ? SQ Paragon level ? New content abyss like difficulty ?

- What about those exclusive champions like Scarlet Witch Sigil, unstoppable Colossus (he really need a good rework), Punisher, immortal iron fist, GoldPool, PlatinumPool, DeadPool, Jessica Jones, Thanos, Weapon X, Kang, will they get their 7 stars versions ? Will some of those available in the Black Iso Market with Scarlet Witch Sigil ?

Kabam, can you give us an answer to those questions please ?
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Member, Guardian Posts: 6,479 Guardian
    Stellar said:

Stellar said:

Hey everybody,

Stellar said:

Hey everybody,

The only thing that can really be answered right now is the cost to R2 a 7* is 4 T6CC, 4T5CC, 7T6B, and 7T3A. So 1 one more each item to R5 a 6*. Other than that, the other answer will probably come later on time
  • Pr0t0t7p3Pr0t0t7p3 Member Posts: 187
    1. Catering or rather exploiting the whales. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    2. Greed.
    3. Caring less and less about long time players at Cavalier, Thronebreaker, and even Paragon unless you are a whale.
    4. I mean the whole 5* featured bundles caters to newbies. Instant roster.
    5. Personally I think it’s crappy and another step toward hanging up the MCOC towel for good. Either that or stepping back.

Whatever. Nothing surprises me anymore. It’s all about cash grab.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,808 ★★★★★
    Pr0t0t7p3 said:

2. Greed.
    3. Caring less and less about long time players at Cavalier, Thronebreaker, and even Paragon unless you are a whale.
    5. Personally I think it’s crappy and another step toward hanging up the MCOC towel for good. Either that or stepping back.

1. How?
    2. How?
    3. How?
    4. Spending is a choice. Always has been.
    5. Mmk.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Member, Guardian Posts: 2,882 Guardian
    edited April 2023
    Pr0t0t7p3 said:

2. Greed.

?
  • H3t3rH3t3r Member, Guardian Posts: 2,882 Guardian
    What do you think the cost of a titan crystal would be. People say it's gonna be like 15k shards and require lots of 7* dupes. I got a feeling it's gonna be way less.
    H3t3r said:

What do you think the cost of a titan crystal would be. People say it's gonna be like 15k shards and require lots of 7* dupes. I got a feeling it's gonna be way less.

Nah it’ll be prob be greater since it’s where new champs will arrive
  • noclutchnoclutch Member Posts: 186 ★★
    @Kabam Jax What is the reward for duplicating a 7 star?
  • Badass84Badass84 Member Posts: 317 ★★★
    I'd prefer 20k over 15k. There are few R5 6* yet and I think it should last til the end of the year or more that 7* really become important.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,941 ★★★★★

The mere thought that I will be opening 7* the second they are released tells me 6* dupes are far easier to get compared to when I was trying to get my first 6* with 5* dupes.

Also, "we" complained about the introduction of 7* as it would devalue our roster but also want 7* to be cheaper so we get them faster?

No, it just shows that you've progressed. IIRC, I opened like ~3-5 6* champs day 1. I currently have ~50k 7* shards so it's not much different.

The mere thought that I will be opening 7* the second they are released tells me 6* dupes are far easier to get compared to when I was trying to get my first 6* with 5* dupes.

Also, "we" complained about the introduction of 7* as it would devalue our roster but also want 7* to be cheaper so we get them faster?

No, it just shows that you've progressed. IIRC, I opened like ~3-5 6* champs day 1. I currently have ~50k 7* shards so it's not much different.
    There's no chance you opened 3-5 6*'s day 1. Only way that happens is you are a super whale.
  • SkunkcabbageSkunkcabbage Member Posts: 211 ★★

I don’t know how I feel about it, I’ll just have to wait and see how heavy the 7* shards are in places like the EQ ect.

Thiartc said:

The whole, we will give you 1.5 x the shards for doing stuff thus making up for the extra cost is bs. They can just hide behind, yeah, we would have given you 10k, but now we actually giving you 15k, the truth is we would never actually know if they were going to give us the 15 from the start

Again, the budget did not balance and they upped the shards total and then gave us this nonsense of rewards will scale up

Agree, I need to see a pokerfaced Jax telling us straight into the camera that hand on heart, they were going to give us 666.66 7* shards, if the 7* crystal cost 10k.

If he can say that convincingly then I'm either very impressed, or very concerned, I haven't made up my mind yet. 🤣
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,941 ★★★★★

There's no chance you opened 3-5 6*'s day 1. Only way that happens is you are a super whale.
    They gave us enough time to accumulate shards to open that many.
  • NoobishBoyNoobishBoy Member Posts: 2

We have a large number of 6* Shards available on a regular basis comparative to the amount of 6* Shards that were available when 6*s were added. Significantly larger.

Thats how it works! Everything we get in the game right now is obtained easier than the day they were introduced (maybe with the exception of 1*).
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,501 ★★★★★

We have a large number of 6* Shards available on a regular basis comparative to the amount of 6* Shards that were available when 6*s were added. Significantly larger.

Thats how it works! Everything we get in the game right now is obtained easier than the day they were introduced (maybe with the exception of 1*).
    That's not what I meant. I meant the amount of 7* Shards that are in the game is much greater than the amount of 6* Shards that were available when they were released.
  • NoobishBoyNoobishBoy Member Posts: 2

That's not what I meant. I meant the amount of 7* Shards that are in the game is much greater than the amount of 6* Shards that were available when they were released.
    Number of accounts increased, the duration for obtaining 7* shards was longer, so yeah, easily manipulated. See how much gold players have now compared to then…wanna bet its more? Does this mean gold should be reduced everywhere or prices need to go up?!
  • StellarStellar Member Posts: 1,082 ★★★★

Stellar said:

Stellar said:

Hey everybody,

Stellar said:

Hey everybody,

The only thing that can really be answered right now is the cost to R2 a 7* is 4 T6CC, 4T5CC, 7T6B, and 7T3A. So 1 one more each item to R5 a 6*. Other than that, the other answer will probably come later on time
    Where did you find this information ? is it a guess after looking at the evolution of 6 stars compared to 5 stars or did Kabam gave the info ?
    Stellar said:

Stellar said:

Stellar said:

Hey everybody,

Stellar said:

Hey everybody,

Where did you find this information ? is it a guess after looking at the evolution of 6 stars compared to 5 stars or did Kabam gave the info ?
    This was given to CCP by request and was allowed to be shared. Nothing written down yet but that’s what was said the cost will be at this time.
  • Mik81Mik81 Member Posts: 93 ★★
    I'm guessing that the amount of 7* shards that players are getting is an average. So Kabam basically punishing casual players, new players, and whoever is below the average, just because there are people above the average.

It is a cost increase no matter how you dress it, and the fact you are making poor statements about it, is a bit insulting. I understand you are in a market where you don't care about getting the trust of your customers. You don't know them, they don't call you, you don't really talk to them, we are all nicknames, numbers etc... we are not people... but still for some as me we still appreciate an honest business relationship. You could just say, this is a premium product, it is the newest and it comes with a price as the new phone XY and Z, the newest car etc... I'd understand it and appreciate it, the way you communicate it just drives me away.

edited April 2023
    Mik81 said:

I'm guessing that the amount of 7* shards that players are getting is an average. So Kabam basically punishing casual players, new players, and whoever is below the average, just because there are people above the average.

It is a cost increase no matter how you dress it, and the fact you are making poor statements about it, is a bit insulting. I understand you are in a market where you don't care about getting the trust of your customers. You don't know them, they don't call you, you don't really talk to them, we are all nicknames, numbers etc... we are not people... but still for some as me we still appreciate an honest business relationship. You could just say, this is a premium product, it is the newest and it comes with a price as the new phone XY and Z, the newest car etc... I'd understand it and appreciate it, the way you communicate it just drives me away.

Kabam is quite abusive apparently. Slapping people in the face, punishing players left and right and insulting constantly. Shame on Kabam.
    Mik81 said:

@Demonzfyre I'm sure you would love to pay taxes based on the average salary. Just make sure you stay above the average

Well, you stated that you were guessing that they decided off the average. It's ok to be wrong.
  • bdawg923bdawg923 Member Posts: 764 ★★★★
    Titan shards are going to be next to useless for the vast majority of the game except for the top 0.1% of players who are going to be buying paragon crystals and have hundreds of thousands of 6 star shards saved up for their 7 star opening which will give them thousands more 7 star titan shards. The 99.9% of the community can expect to open like 1 titan crystal per year, especially as the 7 star pool continues to expand and it gets harder to dupe champs.
    Mik81 said:

Mik81 said:

@Demonzfyre I'm sure you would love to pay taxes based on the average salary. Just make sure you stay above the average

Well, you stated that you were guessing that they decided off the average. It's ok to be wrong.
    It is ok, I'd imagine has to be very annoying to know it all
    I don't. Never claimed I do. It's likely it was based off an average which is fine. No one is punishing you, you just don't open as many 6*'s as others do. That isn't Kabams problem.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,501 ★★★★★

Number of accounts increased, the duration for obtaining 7* shards was longer, so yeah, easily manipulated. See how much gold players have now compared to then…wanna bet its more? Does this mean gold should be reduced everywhere or prices need to go up?!
    That's still not what I'm saying. The amount that individual Accounts have as of now is nowhere near what Accounts had at the onset of 6*s. When they were released, you had a very small number of Players that had enough to open a few Crystals. As of now, quite a number of Players will be able to open a number of 7*s when they hit, and that number is continuing to grow because of the availability of 6* Shards now. Sorry if you disagree, but Miike's reasoning checks out.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    The other alternative would have been to keep them at 10k shards but only allow a certain amount to be opened per day or week. Would that have sat better with some people?