Introducing: Alliance Wars Persistent Placement

Comments

• TheParasiteTheParasite Member Posts: 408 ★★
    Most of my alliance is filled with members from India, where the match making starts at 2-3AM in the morning and no one will be awake to reset the mastery when the switchover happens. We are even ready to invest on a separate deck with 1K units one time investment as you guys did for BGs just for the sake of placements
  • Lestat2499Lestat2499 Member Posts: 287 ★★★
    It really is a huge mess. Could have been good if more thought was put into it. Masteries. Timezones. Changing number of bg in war. Alas. None of these things were considered. Or they were and determined to not be an issue. Not sure what’s worse.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,255 Guardian

Most of my alliance is filled with members from India, where the match making starts at 2-3AM in the morning and no one will be awake to reset the mastery when the switchover happens. We are even ready to invest on a separate deck with 1K units one time investment as you guys did for BGs just for the sake of placements

Why do you need to wait until matchmaking starts in order to change masteries ?

Can they not just do it earlier, after they are done for the day, before stopping for the evening ?

Can they not just do it earlier, after they are done for the day, before stopping for the evening ?
    Do you know when is the end of the day for arena grinders who go for champs - my alliance members go for champs in arena - so we need to concentrate on the reset time of the champs - and as you say there is no same cooldown time (by clock) every day

Arena cooldown doesn’t work on 6 hours and 12 hours standard period to be stopping and starting the grind exactly as you said

Do you know when is the end of the day for arena grinders who go for champs - my alliance members go for champs in arena - so we need to concentrate on the reset time of the champs - and as you say there is no same cooldown time (by clock) every day

Arena cooldown doesn’t work on 6 hours and 12 hours standard period to be stopping and starting the grind exactly as you said
    Your point was that for India the Matchmaking time is 2-3 AM in early morning (late night) when your players are NOT awake. So how can they be doing Arena when they are NOT awake ?

So my points is that, if they are going to be sleeping when matchmaking happens, they can just change masteries BEFORE going to sleep (doesn’t matter if exactly right at matchmaking time, or if couple hours beforehand, or even 8 hours beforehand) from when matchmaking begins.

Unless you are unknowingly saying that they are using “mods” to automatically continue to play arena on there devices while they are sleeping. But I’m sure you are not admitting that to be the case 😀

It would actually be more of an issue for those timezones where people are “really” awake, and actually playing, they would have to stop their Arena, switch masteries, have AW start, then switch back and continue arena.

Your point was that for India the Matchmaking time is 2-3 AM in early morning (late night) when your players are NOT awake. So how can they be doing Arena when they are NOT awake ?

So my points is that, if they are going to be sleeping when matchmaking happens, they can just change masteries BEFORE going to sleep (doesn’t matter if exactly right at matchmaking time, or if couple hours beforehand, or even 8 hours beforehand) from when matchmaking begins.

Unless you are unknowingly saying that they are using “mods” to automatically continue to play arena on there devices while they are sleeping. But I’m sure you are not admitting that to be the case 😀

It would actually be more of an issue for those timezones where people are “really” awake, and actually playing, they would have to stop their Arena, switch masteries, have AW start, then switch back and continue arena.
    Oh I now get your point, so everyone who does champ grind should stream on YouTube for you to prove they are not modding. Well nice BS thought, keep it with yourself.
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Member Posts: 1,230 ★★★
  • chips_otoolechips_otoole Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2023
    We used to get 3000 points in the solo event per war for placing champs. Are we still getting those points?
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Member Posts: 596 ★★★
    My defenders are still stuck in AW even though war ended. Can't use them in AQ.
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,089 ★★★★★

Had the same issue

Had the same issue

Everyone has that same issue, because that unfortunately is how it is currently working (hopefully will be changed).

Any persistent defenders placed, even if only under either the potential +/- Tier Map defense, and no matter whether war attack is currently going on or not, or if your BG has defeated boss and attackers got released, or even no matter whether Matchmaking is currently disabled, (like currently), or even if War mode itself is totally disabled (like earlier), anyone placed as a defender is locked out from being used in AQ.
  • DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,234 ★★★★★
    what i will say that has proven true is that having all of this attack time is crazy. even with whatever time zone differences people spouted, it's a LONG time in the attack phase now and my alliance specifically has been twiddlin' our thumbs with hours and hours left.

i mentioned this when the new time for attack phase was first announced and no one seemed to think it was a concern. everyone was so stuck on the supposed benefit this gave Master alliances for planning. well not everyone is in a Master's alliance.

i actually quite enjoy the new persistent thing and what it could be so hopefully things get ironed out.
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,089 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023

Had the same issue

Everyone has that same issue, because that unfortunately is how it is currently working (hopefully will be changed).

Any persistent defenders placed, even if only under either the potential +/- Tier Map defense, and no matter whether war attack is currently going on or not, or if your BG has defeated boss and attackers got released, or even no matter whether Matchmaking is currently disabled, (like currently), or even if War mode itself is totally disabled (like earlier), anyone placed as a defender is locked out from being used in AQ.
    The system is so complicated, no average summoner will understand this

Let alone those people who are not on the forums (majority)

Had the same issue

The system is so complicated, no average summoner will understand this

Let alone those people who are not on the forums (majority)
    From day 1 there have been complications and issues happening with the placement stages and is been addressed in other thread too “War Placement”. lot of issues overlooked which affect other modes of the game from no of bgs differing in Off-season to on-season even after enlistment of less no of bgs. Champs getting locked even after the official post mentioned the champs will not be locked on any mode.

Every step they try to take forward pushes them 5 steps back and have to redo things. As a programmer I can feel the complications of things redoing than creating an new one. Every module/function is interlinked to many modules when altered effect all the other links. No same programmer works on the same module everytime which creates a void in the links due to the manpower allocation. Can understand things happening.

Compensation or not, doesn’t matter but need of solution to all these issues is the most worrisome thing at the moment.

They can take more time to fix things before perfect launch of one of the competitive modes in this game

Fingers crossed for the faster launch
  • ValrozValroz Member Posts: 211 ★★
    When are you guys planning to release our champs from Defense in a war that never took place, to begin with? This is really annoying already.
  • SandPounderSandPounder Member Posts: 356 ★★★
    Can we get a full 2 weeks of offseason with no issues before starting the real season? Honestly need the time to wake people up right now… this long lull is getting to people.
  • Amms90Amms90 Member Posts: 338 ★★★
    Dukenpuke said:

Amms90 said:

This also means: Your defenders will no longer be locked to AW and can still be used in Solo content!

2 questions:

Are defenders usable in aq?

Are attackers supposed to be unlocked as well? (my war attacker was usable in event quest today)

1. No. AW defenders are usable in solo content (story, EQ, SQ, etc.) but not in AQ.

2. According to the initial post, only defenders should be unlocked for solo content. Attackers should be locked for all content while attack phase is up (before you complete the map and release your defenders). Haven't had a chance to test this one, so I'm not sure if it's working that way or not.
    Last off season war my war attacker was available for use in eq
  • ShiroMikazukiShiroMikazuki Member Posts: 512 ★★★
    At least it isnt connectivity or input issues this summer, just war, mythics and a little bit of lag
  • SaltygoodnessSaltygoodness Member Posts: 355 ★★
    Matchmaking is still disabled, are there plans to reenable it for next war (within the next 12h or so)?

Otherwise the next offseason war won’t happen
  • 2BadNinjaz2BadNinjaz Member Posts: 19
    edited August 2023
    im only doin 2 Bg for war . How would i be able to remove teammates defenders so others can join without kicking them since it doesnt release like it used to ?
  • CHuck_fINACHuck_fINA Member Posts: 153
    Yeah buddy, I agree with you. But convincing everyone to stop spending would be almost impossible. Especially now. Those July deals created an even bigger rift between spenders and ftp. Even casual spenders like myself got left behind. And it seems that gap will only get bigger with 7* r3s around the corner already. Paragon accts can range anywhere from 2 to 5+ million right now.
    BANNER UPDATE:

Preseason Matchmaking/Wars has resumed.
    Targeting Aug 16 to start the actual Season 43.
    So will be just 1 war short of 2 weeks of Preseason to try things out.