**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

BG meta Complaining Thread

Comments

• Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 773 ★★★★

I really am enjoying this meta.

The main reason is, yes everyone who is competitive is using the same champs, but at least the majority are different champs from most seasons.

I jumped on my mini account that I haven't touched in a few years. Zero 7 stars. Barely any six stars. 1 6*r3 that happens to be bwdo the i ranked to get tb a few years ago but is banned every time. Mostly have a deck of 5*r3 and r4 and went 9 out of 10. Yes started in bronze. But I'm still playing decks of 7* and 6*r3+.

So yet again, for people complaining it's a skill issue.

So you are playing bigger accounts in bronze, beating them, and suggesting they are the same skill as the bigger accounts in plat+?

You understand how BG’s ranks work right? Or you just like posting “skill issue” at every opportunity?
    You're in absolutely no position to talk about skill pal, sorry.
    Neither are you my D1 friend.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,303 ★★★★★

I really am enjoying this meta.

The main reason is, yes everyone who is competitive is using the same champs, but at least the majority are different champs from most seasons.

I jumped on my mini account that I haven't touched in a few years. Zero 7 stars. Barely any six stars. 1 6*r3 that happens to be bwdo the i ranked to get tb a few years ago but is banned every time. Mostly have a deck of 5*r3 and r4 and went 9 out of 10. Yes started in bronze. But I'm still playing decks of 7* and 6*r3+.

So yet again, for people complaining it's a skill issue.

So you are playing bigger accounts in bronze, beating them, and suggesting they are the same skill as the bigger accounts in plat+?

You understand how BG’s ranks work right? Or you just like posting “skill issue” at every opportunity?
    You're in absolutely no position to talk about skill pal, sorry.
    Neither are you my D1 friend.
    Season started two days ago, I'm in D1 cause I actually have a life outside of this game. You on the other hand need to touch some grass, C5 on day two lol
  • Options

This meta is pretty dumb. Get to your nuke special ASAP and launch it. The fastest person wins. People who like it are the ones with the rosters who can win.

The fastest person wins? No sh1t! I thought the slowest one always wins which wouldn't be as dumb.
    You people with your silly responses. I’m in C5 right now. Where are you?
    Let's stop there for a bit. You said you don't like the meta and the people who like it are the ones that have rosters big enough to win, which means you don't have a roster big enough to win hence you don't like the meta, but now you say you're in C5?' How if you can't win? 💀
    Where did I say I can't win? Where are at again?

Let me break it down for you. I am liking the meta because I can win, but find it objectively bad. I have a 6r4 Werewolf which alone is a free win.

Objectively bad? Where are all the complaints then? Everyone's having a blast judging by what's been said on this thread and a few others.
    It’s a blast in the lower ranks for sure. Don’t think I lose more than 5 matches till V2.

But when you’re up against tougher accounts it’s quite roster and draft dependent. I’m predicting that people will get more frustrated with the meta once they start to run into people who do every fight in 40s or less.

The problem with the nodes is the 400% damage which is typically fine for content since health pools are much larger; I think it would be much better at 200%.

And a ton of champs work but they will not beat the top options when you’re in D1 or above.
    I'm already doing nearly every fight in 40 so I don't see how that would be a problem.

I'm already in Diamond 1, I'm not frustrated at all. You win some you lose some, that's just how it is. I think the problem here is that you're assuming every account is huge and every single player is good because you're already in C5 but that's not even 10% of the playerbase.
    There were less than ~100 in C5 at the time. That's not even in the ball park of 10%. If you think it takes playing all day for 3 days to get to GC in this nuke meta, you should refrain from questioning other people's skill levels.

You're free to disagree with my opinion but if you're going to be rude, back it up with you (lack of) skills.
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    The meta is not bad, the state of the game is what’s the issue and the balance with accounts is so off that Kabam won’t be able to fix it even when trying to tone down the paid events and it’s still just getting worse. The people with these huge accounts see nothing wrong as they will just continue to pay to be competitive but moderate spenders and f2p players will never be able to compete for any top rewards and will continue to get frustrated until they stop playing the mode. We don’t have enough whales to fill a game mode as they are way fewer compared to the others.
  • Options
    Manup456 said:

The meta is not bad, the state of the game is what’s the issue and the balance with accounts is so off that Kabam won’t be able to fix it even when trying to tone down the paid events and it’s still just getting worse. The people with these huge accounts see nothing wrong as they will just continue to pay to be competitive but moderate spenders and f2p players will never be able to compete for any top rewards and will continue to get frustrated until they stop playing the mode. We don’t have enough whales to fill a game mode as they are way fewer compared to the others.

This is a great point but it's only half of the issue. For example, Nick136 one of the best players in the game hasn't been able to make C6 or above lately, while scrubs like me (a moderate spender), are able to.

If the metas weren't so restrictive (attacker tactics leading to nuke metas), people without specialized rank ups would be able to compete. I had a lot of decay/science champs ranked (sugar pill and the power gain were great). Since we knew the metas in advanced, I had champs like the Wolf ranked in advance.

I didn't understand why KT1 disliked attacker tactics (they have been fun) but I see it now. If you have Offensive: DOT champs in you're deck, you're nuking everything. If you don't, good luck when the competition heats up.
  • Options

This meta is pretty dumb. Get to your nuke special ASAP and launch it. The fastest person wins. People who like it are the ones with the rosters who can win.

The fastest person wins? No sh1t! I thought the slowest one always wins which wouldn't be as dumb.
    Let's stop there for a bit. You said you don't like the meta and the people who like it are the ones that have rosters big enough to win, which means you don't have a roster big enough to win hence you don't like the meta, but now you say you're in C5?' How if you can't win? 💀

Let me break it down for you. I am liking the meta because I can win, but find it objectively bad. I have a 6r4 Werewolf which alone is a free win.

Objectively bad? Where are all the complaints then? Everyone's having a blast judging by what's been said on this thread and a few others.
    It’s a blast in the lower ranks for sure. Don’t think I lose more than 5 matches till V2.

But when you’re up against tougher accounts it’s quite roster and draft dependent. I’m predicting that people will get more frustrated with the meta once they start to run into people who do every fight in 40s or less.

The problem with the nodes is the 400% damage which is typically fine for content since health pools are much larger; I think it would be much better at 200%.

And a ton of champs work but they will not beat the top options when you’re in D1 or above.
    I'm already doing nearly every fight in 40 so I don't see how that would be a problem.

I'm already in Diamond 1, I'm not frustrated at all. You win some you lose some, that's just how it is. I think the problem here is that you're assuming every account is huge and every single player is good because you're already in C5 but that's not even 10% of the playerbase.
    There were less than ~100 in C5 at the time. That's not even in the ball park of 10%. If you think it takes playing all day for 3 days to get to GC in this nuke meta, you should refrain from questioning other people's skill levels.

You're free to disagree with my opinion but if you're going to be rude, back it up with you (lack of) skills.
    Some of the players that went to the Battlerealm Brawl aren't in Celestial yet, if that doesn't scream I no-life this game harder than the people who went to a tournament I don't know what does.

I did back up what I said, not with skills but by naming about 65-70 champs who are viable for the meta. We can talk about skills all day, that's not what the thread is about. You brought up skills after you got in your feelings because I poked fun at the fact that you said "this meta is pretty dumb, the fastest person wins"... Of course the fastest person wins it's a competition you donut 💀
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    edited December 2023
    @HungaryHippo It comes back to the same issue he’s a high skilled player but not a big spender compared to the others competing at that lvl so when the meta gets restrictive or requires specific champs when playing at that lvl the big spenders will always have an advantage because they usually have a large amount of any champs needed ranked high or have all the materials to rank any champs needed. It all comes back to July 4th and the amount of stuff you get in deals now compared to the old days because they didn’t do that and people complained a lot back then about the offers so Kabam blew the doors off and can’t close them.
  • Options

Some of the players that went to the Battlerealm Brawl aren't in Celestial yet, if that doesn't scream I no-life this game harder than the people who went to a tournament I don't know what does.

I did back up what I said, not with skills but by naming about 65-70 champs who are viable for the meta. We can talk about skills all day, that's not what the thread is about. You brought up skills after you got in your feelings because I poked fun at the fact that you said "this meta is pretty dumb, the fastest person wins"... Of course the fastest person wins it's a competition you donut 💀
    Yeah they haven't played at all. When they do, they get to GC in a 2 hour stream.

Why would the slowest person win in a nuke meta? That's the whole criticism. You cannot be this dense. And the point of BGs is not to be the fastest. It's to get the most points. If you think the fastest should always wins, that explains why you're so off base on every point you've made.
  • Options
    Manup456 said:

@HungaryHippo It comes back to the same issue he’s a high skilled player but not a big spender compared to the others competing at that lvl so when the meta gets restrictive or requires specific champs when playing at that lvl the big spenders will always have an advantage because they usually have a large amount of any champs needed ranked high or have all the materials to rank any champs needed. It all comes back to July 4th and the amount of stuff you get in deals now compared to the old days because they didn’t do that and people complained a lot back then about the offers so Kabam blew the doors off and can’t close them.

That's true. I've fought Nick several times and his roster is just thin most metas lately. The solution is to not make metas so restrictive. Attack Tactics are just too much.
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,035 ★★★

Wait a minute…I thought slow and steady won the race? 🧐
  • Options

Yeah they haven't played at all. When they do, they get to GC in a 2 hour stream.

Why would the slowest person win in a nuke meta? That's the whole criticism. You cannot be this dense. And the point of BGs is not to be the fastest. It's to get the most points. If you think the fastest should always wins, that explains why you're so off base on every point you've made.
    I'm sure they do lmao.

Exactly, they shouldn't, hence my comment, what's not clicking?
    As for speed, well guess what? Speed gives you points, if anyone here is dense it's you. Speed isn't the most important thing of course health is, but speed obviously matters too. If you think speed shouldn't matter then that has nothing to do with the meta but with the scoring system (and even then, I still think you're wrong).
  • Options

If you have more health yeah lol but I'm about to hit V3 and nobody really loses health here so 9 times out of 10 it all comes down to speed.
  • Options

If you have more health yeah lol but I'm about to hit V3 and nobody really loses health here so 9 times out of 10 it all comes down to speed.
    Which is exactly the problem. A meta that results in everyone nuking everything as fast as possible is not a good one. You took this opinion as an opportunity to insult my intelligence, then get upset that you're still in D1 in this easy meta.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★

Which is exactly the problem. A meta that results in everyone nuking everything as fast as possible is not a good one. You took this opinion as an opportunity to insult my intelligence, then get upset that you're still in D1 in this easy meta.
    Conversely, a Meta that frustrates people from bothering out the gate is just as unproductive. I mean, I just started today, so I don't mind adjusting. It's just that there are points all-around.
    I get that people constantly complaining here tends to be grating, but if the Meta is enough to expect them to complain, and a number of people post about it, they can't all be whining for the sake of it.
  • Options

You can still shut down some of the nukes with certain defenders, some of them are absolutely busted sure but it's not like we have 20 busted attackers in total who can nuke every single defender in 20 secs.

I'm not though lol you're the one upset because someone had to spell out the obvious for you.
  • Options
    Guest120193746239Guest120193746239 Posts: 207 ★★
    This meta is amazing. Only people who hate it don't know half the defensive champs immunities and mad they can't run herc
  • Options
    edited December 2023

You can still shut down some of the nukes with certain defenders, some of them are absolutely busted sure but it's not like we have 20 busted attackers in total who can nuke every single defender in 20 secs.

I'm not though lol you're the one upset because someone had to spell out the obvious for you.
    Imagine explaining the obvious to someone better at the game than you are? Why am I even arguing with you lol? This is about whether it’s a good meta or not. Your silly attack is not on topic.

VT should not have had powershield. Bad design. I didn’t complain about last meta and finished celestial. This is clearly worse designed outside of AI.
  • Options

Imagine explaining the obvious to someone better at the game than you are? Why am I even arguing with you lol? This is about whether it’s a good meta or not. Your silly attack is not on topic.

VT should not have had powershield. Bad design. I didn’t complain about last meta and finished celestial. This is clearly worse designed outside of AI.
    That's actually kinda embarrassing, imagine being so good at the game but lacking this much common sense lol "tHiS MeTa iS pReTtY DuMb ThE FaStEsT PeRsOn WiNs"

Why not? Cause it allows the fastest person to win when they have the better counter? Yeah that's totally bad design 💀
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Not that bad.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    edited December 2023
    Serious question for the VtD suggestions…

I’ve practiced VtD against Korg and find there’s no degen in place of his bleeds. Am I missing something? Is this an interaction with Korg’s shrug abilities? Not a big VtD user so I wouldn’t know.

Not that I’m planning on putting VtD on attack. Just experimenting with alternatives.

Dr. Zola

Edit: Apparently, it’s an interaction between VtD’s low crit rate and Korg’s crit resistance. Across about a half dozen duels, I might have had a single degen from VtD in half the fights.
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★

Conversely, a Meta that frustrates people from bothering out the gate is just as unproductive. I mean, I just started today, so I don't mind adjusting. It's just that there are points all-around.
    I get that people constantly complaining here tends to be grating, but if the Meta is enough to expect them to complain, and a number of people post about it, they can't all be whining for the sake of it.
    The whining comes from not being able to adapt immediately. I remember when armor up was the meta before and my roster suffered as i lacked champions like galan or hulkling, but instead of whining, i looked into my roster to see what options worked out and added them to my deck. This gave me a better understanding of more champions, and prepared my roster for if any nodes that were in that meta were to appear in other parts of the game. If someone has a heavy deck fully reliant on champions like hercules, hulk, juggernaut, and all these heavy hitters only, this meta is meant for them to give some attention to their DOT options, and learning how much more versatile some options are compared to others, like how rarely any champion is immune to rupture and scorpion, tigra, WWBN and Sassy are all great options suddenly. If every meta catered to champions everyone has ranked up already, other champions on the roster would be ignored forever.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★

The whining comes from not being able to adapt immediately. I remember when armor up was the meta before and my roster suffered as i lacked champions like galan or hulkling, but instead of whining, i looked into my roster to see what options worked out and added them to my deck. This gave me a better understanding of more champions, and prepared my roster for if any nodes that were in that meta were to appear in other parts of the game. If someone has a heavy deck fully reliant on champions like hercules, hulk, juggernaut, and all these heavy hitters only, this meta is meant for them to give some attention to their DOT options, and learning how much more versatile some options are compared to others, like how rarely any champion is immune to rupture and scorpion, tigra, WWBN and Sassy are all great options suddenly. If every meta catered to champions everyone has ranked up already, other champions on the roster would be ignored forever.
    I would add that BG seasons like this one place hard choices on players who aren’t overflowing with materials. Opportunity costs and apprehension about making choices that turn out to be short-sighted abound.

Do you rank someone who may help you in BGs but might not in SQ or AW? Do you rank the 6* version knowing you may pull the 7* version? Do you awaken and sig a champ simply because it makes them viable in BGs?

This discomfort is at the heart of a lot of BGs meta heartburn.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DrZola said:

I would add that BG seasons like this one place hard choices on players who aren’t overflowing with materials. Opportunity costs and apprehension about making choices that turn out to be short-sighted abound.

Do you rank someone who may help you in BGs but might not in SQ or AW? Do you rank the 6* version knowing you may pull the 7* version? Do you awaken and sig a champ simply because it makes them viable in BGs?

This discomfort is at the heart of a lot of BGs meta heartburn.

Dr. Zola
    100%, I rank primarily for BGs. WWBN was ranked well in advance of this meta. Was also Valiant less than a week after Necro (full exploration). Someone with an account+skill set like mine (by no means a whale) is definitely going to run through this meta.

However, in the victory track it’s too restrictive to smaller accounts. Polka dot power and power shield is so restrictive unless you have almost all of them at r4 minimum like I do. It should have been one or the other then both in GC.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,399 ★★★★
    Vance2_jr said:

This meta is the most enjoyable BG I’ve seen in a long time. I actually learning a lot about some of my lesser played champs. It also refreshing as hell not to try and out nuke someone. Hulkling, CGR, and most of the usual suspects have basically been neutered. I love that. AA is still a jerk.

The only reason CGR is "nuked" is if you don't know how to play him, lol

Get judgments up, mllll for power gain, sp1, kill things.

Not as fast as he normally is, but still very viable in this meta.
  • Options
    DrZola said:

Serious question for the VtD suggestions…

I’ve practiced VtD against Korg and find there’s no degen in place of his bleeds. Am I missing something? Is this an interaction with Korg’s shrug abilities? Not a big VtD user so I wouldn’t know.

Not that I’m planning on putting VtD on attack. Just experimenting with alternatives.

Dr. Zola

Edit: Apparently, it’s an interaction between VtD’s low crit rate and Korg’s crit resistance. Across about a half dozen duels, I might have had a single degen from VtD in half the fights.

Yeah someone else asked this already, unfortunately crit resistance completely ruins him. The chance to apply bleed/degen is already 55% when you crit so it's already pretty inconsistent, you add crit resistance to that it's even worse.
  • Options
    Gambl0rGambl0r Posts: 214 ★★
    I absolutely love this meta. The best meta in a year, since the armor power burn.

Every season, same old useless insignificant nodes, resulting in the same old defenders/attackers, over and over again. Meta's like this promote expansion, in both ranking up different champions, and learning them. That's what this game should be about. Not tiers, god tiers, and 'useless' champs, there should be season's where they so called bottom tier champs, become significant, and rank up worthy.

People complaining about this meta are narrow minded, and want their generic roster with all the 'god tier' champs ranked up, to be utilized, every single season. Boooorrrring.

I actually speak up against Kabam alot in these forums, but this, thank you so much for this season's meta. I haven't maxed out my solo bg milestones in several months, I'm already almost there 3 days in

I agree with the banquet event being underwhelming, but this bg season gives me motivation. Please continue to provide significant nodes that promote diversity. There will always be negativity, but for the most part, most people I know are really enjoying this meta so far. Cheers K
  • Options
    DustblitzDustblitz Posts: 5
    I hate this Meta, I will be mostly sitting out too. It's not worth it. Games are supposed to be fun, not chores...these are the types of decisions that make people hate and quit the game...we want to play with our rosters not have to go and build up more specific champs no one wants to play with...if you like it, have fun...I think the number of active players is going to be way down.
  • Options
    Dustblitz said:

I hate this Meta, I will be mostly sitting out too. It's not worth it. Games are supposed to be fun, not chores...these are the types of decisions that make people hate and quit the game...we want to play with our rosters not have to go and build up more specific champs no one wants to play with...if you like it, have fun...I think the number of active players is going to be way down.

So you're saying no one wants to play with Sunspot, Hit Monkey, Morbius, Werewolf, Wiccan, Doom, Torch, AA, Masacre, Hulkling, Adam, Shuri, Deathstrike, Hyperion, Warlock, Nick, Gorr, Mole-Man, Cassie, Diablo, Sasquatch, Valkyrie, Venom, Ultron, Tigra, Onslaught, Scorpion, Hulkbuster, Nebula, Spot, Blade, Ghost, iBom, Kushala, Toad, Chee'ilth, Black Widow DO, Apoc, Domino, Dragon Man, Black Cat, Killmonger, Rintrah, Aarkus, Weapon X, Negative? All of these are easily top 20 in their respective classes. If you're mad that you can't use the same boring nukes everyone uses every single season just say that lol the champs that work in this meta aren't rare or niche for the most part, some of them are meta attackers nearly every season actually.
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    Dustblitz said:

This is an honest question. I am just trying to understand this concept:

I have no idea what your roster looks like. None. But just say you have, IDK who the five favorite nukes are — say it’s Herc, CGR, OG Hulk, Nimrod and Juggernaut. Just say it’s those five kits. And it’s a nuke meta, and you ranked up all five of those kits, and you are ready to go.

What should the person who doesn’t have Herc, CGR, OG Hulk, Nimrod and Juggernaut do? The person who just hasn’t pulled them yet?

According to your post, should they just not play because they don’t have the best nukes? Just sit out until whenever?

Or is it that they should play with their roster in the meta that isn’t perfect for them, since they don’t have your roster, so you can just nuke them?
  • Options
    Gambl0r said:

I absolutely love this meta. The best meta in a year, since the armor power burn.

Every season, same old useless insignificant nodes, resulting in the same old defenders/attackers, over and over again. Meta's like this promote expansion, in both ranking up different champions, and learning them. That's what this game should be about. Not tiers, god tiers, and 'useless' champs, there should be season's where they so called bottom tier champs, become significant, and rank up worthy.

People complaining about this meta are narrow minded, and want their generic roster with all the 'god tier' champs ranked up, to be utilized, every single season. Boooorrrring.

I actually speak up against Kabam alot in these forums, but this, thank you so much for this season's meta. I haven't maxed out my solo bg milestones in several months, I'm already almost there 3 days in

I agree with the banquet event being underwhelming, but this bg season gives me motivation. Please continue to provide significant nodes that promote diversity. There will always be negativity, but for the most part, most people I know are really enjoying this meta so far. Cheers K

Genuinely curious, what bracket are you in right now?