**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BG ISSUE**
We are aware of an issue with the seeding for the beginning of the BG season.
We are adding rewards to higher progression brackets to offset the additional grind.
More information here.
**Arcade is being extra tricky with his Murder Box...**
It appears Arcade has been non-cooperative in his approach to this month's side quest and presented his clues in a nonsensical order. Lucky you, Summoners, we have our best and brightest on the case and those clues should now be a lot more straightforward. While messing around in Arcade's files we came across a phrase, highlighted and bolded, with sparkles and pointy arrows: "the abode for the dead" ... Maybe that will help you along the way!
Options

Magic Thief - NEEDS NERF ASAP

Comments

• Options
    Lil_DraKulaLil_DraKula Posts: 29
    Heinz11 said:

I just fought a thing on path 1 and omg this fight is impossible, i tried a r2 7* storm x which is an xmagica attacker and a maxed out kate bishop and he’s still at full health. This magic thief tactic just isnt gonna work with a lot of other node combinations and defenders in certain fights

Void should work. He’s tactic and will handle any regen
    He wont work if that fight had a hulkling instead for example, too many regens he gon go unblockable and start stacking indestructible from the tactic and boom u cant parry anymore and the fight is over. This tactic has to change u cant let the whole counter rely solely on well timed blocks when we have an entire path of unblockable nodes and anti parry nodes like node 49
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 875 ★★★
    And on top of all that. What happens when alliances start banning the limited pool of answers to the point where answers just don't exist and now you can't do the fight without spending units on revives and potions. Is war going to become another everest content you don't have to do if it's too hard in thier eyes? Would the solution be to not allow banning xmagick champs?
  • Options
    Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 574 ★★★
    Void is going to be banned every war. He’s the only champ that can deal with heal nodes. Claire and toad are the only tactics that can deal with node 49. But If you put a poison or incinerate immune, now it’s just 1 of those. Iceman is the only one who can deal with path 9 and bullseye well.

So void, Claire/toad, and iceman bans make for some un-counter-able fights.
  • Options
    SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 947 ★★★
    No mod comented on this absurd yet?
  • Options
    Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Posts: 286 ★★★
    edited March 3
    zuffy said:

It happening so often, I think these are intentionally overtuned. Then kabam will respond a week or later saying they will tone it down to exactly where they want it. Give themself a pat on the shoulder, “yup, we tone it down for the community”

I know we're referred to as "dumbonners" by some of them, and sometimes treated like dirt in the forums, and don't forget our time spent using their product isn't important, but jeez... would they go thru all this trouble on purpose? They can't possibly think that upsetting the hell out of players is a good thing...

I reckon it's lack of testing and foresight of the interactions between nodes and champions rather than some extremely flawed strategy. Both are terrible tbh.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,262 ★★★★★

How about the fact that destroyer just happens to be an x-magica tactic attacker and destroys all indestructible buffs being released right when this tactic comes out?
    Coincidental surely…

The defence tactic is passives, not buffs
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,189 ★★★★★

zuffy said:

It happening so often, I think these are intentionally overtuned. Then kabam will respond a week or later saying they will tone it down to exactly where they want it. Give themself a pat on the shoulder, “yup, we tone it down for the community”

I know we're referred to as "dumbonners" by some of them, and sometimes treated like dirt in the forums, and don't forget our time spent using their product isn't important, but jeez... would they go thru all this trouble on purpose? They can't possibly think that upsetting the hell out of players is a good thing...

I reckon it's lack of testing and foresight of the interactions between nodes and champions rather than some extremely flawed strategy. Both are terrible tbh.
    Normally, a company that has these many problems due to QA, they would get a process in place to fix the problem. Otherwise, I feel there is some truth to my statement.
  • Options
    Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 287 ★★
    Tactic on become late ai dependent if they are stun immune due to node or fury second life. You can still block but it parry so if ai is aggressive and attacks right after block and you are dashing back end up in a cycle of indestructible. Also some nodes like ebb and flow knock down. Say Iceman vs bullseye. Party heavy takes away cold snap or if you knock down with s1 becomes immune so cold snap does not work. Only a few options for him as there is now and took away one of them. Tactic also dragging fights out more. I know the reason I hardly touch bg season before last was the tactic dragged fights out. Last thing I want is to have longer fights. Would rather not play then having longer fights.
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,433 ★★★★★
    zuffy said:

I'd agree, deliberatly overtuned.
    The other design descision I dislike is they have deliberatly narrowed the Attack Tactic to be only useful against the Defence Tactic and not anywhere else.
    No more Armor Burn/Decay like tactics.
  • Options
    monstrmonstr Posts: 2
    Hate wars. So who should deal with Skrull at 3/12 node? Nullify, stagger doesn’t work. Non of anti-tag champs don’t have power burn immunity. Wiccan’s well-time block neutralise somehow doesn’t work. Combo okay but the opponent already will make armours so it’s gg. And it’s not mention about new “awesome” defensive tactic. So much fun
  • Options
    Dab_westDab_west Posts: 146 ★★
    edited March 3
    monstr said:

Hate wars. So who should deal with Skrull at 3/12 node? Nullify, stagger doesn’t work. Non of anti-tag champs don’t have power burn immunity. Wiccan’s well-time block neutralise somehow doesn’t work. Combo okay but the opponent already will make armours so it’s gg. And it’s not mention about new “awesome” defensive tactic. So much fun

galan, hulkling. or u take combos into the block to give him 5 furies so he wont gain an armour up
  • Options
    BeeweeBeewee Posts: 542 ★★★★
    After playing the tactic I wanna say it’s actually not bad… for tier 1. I can see how lower tiers though would see this as a nightmare. They need imo a separate tactic completely for tier 2 and below. But thats my opinion.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,152 ★★★★★
    edited March 3
    it'd be nice if these "well timed blocks" actually removed the passive but they don't successfully enough. and i haven't removed a single passive yet that didn't register as a parry. fought a Thing .. was doing great actually until my parries just stopped removing the passives here and there ... couple that with how fast the timer is and yeah .. danger.
  • Options
    ColliejoColliejo Posts: 11
    Our defense ended with 307 defender kills 🤣
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,152 ★★★★★
    And the timer is definitely NOT pausing when hitting the defender with a tactic attacker.
  • Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 843 ★★★
    edited March 4
    I foresee a lot more complaints coming once everyone has had their first taste of a Magic Thief enhanced NF on war defense. It’s completely ridiculous, where this buff alone makes for an impossible defender. Imagine him also on a node that is difficult in itself.
  • Options
    Curious how this war will turn out. We placed 36/50 champs that are magic thief tag.
  • Options
    Lightsout963Lightsout963 Posts: 11
    edited March 4
    So, this is my second time playing this AW tactic and similar to each war you have to learn; however, this is an epic fail by Kabam. For example, I was fighting Kingpin and you have Ebb and Flow knockdown while also having to not dex or evade. Trying to parry one is okay, but having to parry multiple times is challenging to include the defender using a heavy attack you have no choice but to dex. The AI is all over the place and this is the very first time I just timed out. Seeing all the comments and deaths is heartbreaking to be honest.

I honesty hope Kabam takes a look into this. If they like the post or not I am just being truthful and stating facts. Most of us here are long-time players. I keep seeing a trend Necropolis a ton of Deaths, AQ Raids a ton of deaths, and now AW a ton of deaths. So, skill is no longer acceptable??? At the end of the day I am only one Summoner, but don't underestimate those other Summoners free to play or spending because they ultimately made Kabam what it is today.

Respectfully,

Shadowspider82
  • Options
    Pit_0f_MiseryPit_0f_Misery Posts: 137
    How are yall handling Bullseye or Zemo on the stunning reflection node on boss island? Just wondering cause I got nothing besides hella revives.
  • Options

How are yall handling Bullseye or Zemo on the stunning reflection node on boss island? Just wondering cause I got nothing besides hella revives.

Last war, our opponent cleared an ascended R5 bullseye with 4 deaths in node 49 challenger map. His team was herc, werewolf and fury. Maybe he was using fury’s second life that is stun immune?
  • Options
    kus234kus234 Posts: 213 ★★
    Still no response or feedback from Kabam.. are they even reading or trying to atleast help the community ..
  • Options
    Pit_0f_MiseryPit_0f_Misery Posts: 137
    I think if they took away the indestructibles that are gained every time you dex it would help tremendously. Just give them indestructible every 5 seconds. Until you run into someone stun immune or unblockable that is
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 489 ★★★★
    To be honest, I don't know how this can be even online, Kabam is supposed to have designer/creator, developer, tester, none of them can see this?

I'm not a native English speaker and I can foresee some of the issues after reading the description for 5 minutes:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/361466/off-season-war2-no-in-game-tags-of-new-tactics-no-way-to-test#latest
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 717 ★★★★

Sunspot can do it, he deactivates the node with his incinerate but you'll have to deal with the bleed damage and be careful with bullseye's evade, bait heavy first so you can do 1 hit safely and then you can parry normally
    I don't know the list of the attack tactic in my head rn but someone with poison or incinerate should deactivate the stun reflexion