**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Magic Thief - NEEDS NERF ASAP

Comments

• Options
    PIKESTAINPIKESTAIN Posts: 183 ★★
    So what day is this? 4 or 5 with no response? Good stuff!
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,156 ★★★★★
    Zolobacsi said:

Deacon said:

Old
    #Magic Thief Defenders gain a stackable Indestructible Passive every 5 seconds, or when their attacks are Dodged, Evaded, or Miss. Max stacks: 3. This timer is paused during the Defender's Specials. As long as this Indestructible Passive is on the Defender, they gain 5% of a Bar of Power when hitting the Attacker's Block. 1 Indestructible Passive is removed whenever the Attacker Well-Time Blocks. These effects cannot be affected by Ability Accuracy.

New
    #Magic Thief Defenders gain a stackable Indestructible Passive every 5 seconds, or when their attacks are Dodged, Evaded, or Miss. Max stacks: 3. This timer is paused for 3, 5, or 6 seconds when the Attacker or Defender gains a bar of power. Hitting the defender with a Special Attack while the defender's back is against the wall removes all passives. As long as this Indestructible Passive is on the Defender, they gain 15%, 12%, 10% of a Bar of Power when the Attacker strikes the Defender's block. These effects cannot be affected by Ability Accuracy.

Old
    Attack: X-Magica
    If the Attacker has the #X-Magica tag, their Well-Timed Blocks grant them an indefinite 2% Prowess Passive. Max stacks: 7. When a #X-Magica Attacker strikes a #Magic Thief Defender, they pause their Indestructible timer for 0.5 seconds. When a #Magic Thief Defender activates an Indestructible Passive, it and 1 Prowess Passive from this Tactic is instantly removed. These effects cannot be affected by Ability Accuracy.

New
    If the champion is tagged #X-Magica, gaining a bar of power grants the attacker an indefinite 5% prowess passive and inflicts a 1 second stun debuff (or passive; debuff makes it more interesting) on the Defender. If the attacker hits the defender while stunned with a special attack, increase the potency of prowess passives by 5%, 10%, 15%. These effects cannot be affected by Ability Accuracy.

Here's what I thought was a much better punishing yet not restrictive experience.

My problem with this is that the pool of xmagica champs is still too narrow. Most of them just simply couldn't handle certain nods and you can't use any other tactics therefore no other champs. With 3 bans you would be exactly there where you are now. Crush was better because of this, with not tactic champs who could handle unblockable specials or other tactics like decay that could give the upper hand against certain nods. You had many more options.
    definitely agree was just an alternative that wouldn't have the nightmare of uproar as what it currently going on lol .. could absolutely be tweaked tag wise or even function wise but it's a proper start i think.
  • Options
    CrazyBunnyZoyCrazyBunnyZoy Posts: 34
    Over 17k views on this thread, should hint something , right ?
    Mcoc Community is being ignored, again.

Just my opinion:

Kabam know very well that they will squeeze out absolutely nothing from the majority of the player-base. The exact opposite outcome is more probable at this point: all wars up to platinum level will turn to L1-revive only wars.

However, for the Master alliances, which in any case are those that actually spend money to run wars, the outcome could (without any certainty) be that players are forced to both burn more rankup resources (to rank up champs they wouldn't normally rank) and war resources using actual money.

Of course, this will mean that the vast majority of the players will end up enjoying war far less. Where's the fun and the skill required when all you do is spam L1 revives to get through? Season wars will have no difference, as far as playing experience goes, from off-season ones. In the long run, I believe this will hurt the game, but hey, this is one man's opinion. Kabam is clearly targetting short-term gains here. Their bet.

For those at Kabam still going through this thread and reading this, please take the above as healthy & constructive critisism. That's all it is.

Their intentions are starting to be pretty clear at this point.
    Unfortunately all we can do is try to constructively making them understand with logic, numbers and facts , IF they re willing to care and not just ignore.
    I hope players don’t get so frustrated and start using terms or words that can be twisted as “toxic for community” cause that would actually give the perfect excuse to close the thread.
    Isn’t that the usual procedure ?

• Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 4,290 ★★★★★
    I think this for sure needs checking on certain nodes as a lot are just revive go in again like stun immunes or dont want to parry and dot nodes are just bad like for this war, I put thing on stunning reflection for a t5 war and he got 25 kills i put my odin on a incinerate shock dot node near boss island and he got 6 nick got 12 a kate got 10 on shock bleed path 9 like this isnt a good season if it stays like this.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,156 ★★★★★
    edited March 5
    the most egregious problem with this tactic and MANY others like it that depend on actions from the AI is that often times you're at the mercy of an AI that just doesn't cooperate. it takes one stupid "RNG" of the AI to put you at max passives after failing to throw a special .. after parry failing to register a removal of a passive .... before you know it, you're in a loop because the AI is just so busted.

it literally takes one moment of them refusing to throw a special and it's back at square one removing all of the passives again. so that's what i mean when i say they should just stop using nodes that require any specific action (be that a timer, or function) of the AI. their refusal to throw specials wouldn't be as punishing if they didn't have this timer. but they do. stuff like that just makes it worse and punishes the player when you have to depend on the AI in its current state.
  • Options
    CdjcdkjCdjcdkj Posts: 67
    Did they respond to this yet
  • Options
    ArifuteraArifutera Posts: 210 ★★★
    This is a road block tactic.
    Crush was better in the sense we can atleast get the defender down in 1/2 deaths.
    With some champs + node combinations, this tactic can road block anyone. Or do the fight repeatedly for 20 times taking 5% each attempt
  • Options
    Cdjcdkj said:

Did they respond to this yet

Sometimes no response is just as much of a response.

Tells me they have full intention of going forward with this tactic.
  • Options
    Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 287 ★★
    We are thinking about this in a sense that Kabam cares about the player base. Let’s not forget most likely Kabam will be selling the counter (destroyer) to this tactic for 100 dollar guaranteed to valiants and how many crystals they will sell. They may be thinking about this in a short term profit aspect instead of long term health of game which is not good.
  • Options
    HERUHERU Posts: 121 ★★
    Many players are retiring after Wow week 1, CC Carina's Challenges, now this AW tactics BS.

And many more players will leave since the game has become so frustrating, unless you spend money and ask the Norse Gods to send you the only possible champion that can counter a node/defender combination...and I'm priviledged, since already Valiant. I can't even imagine how thousands of Paragon players may feel right now.

@Kabam this trend of increasing complexity and difficulty is getting out of control. Where are the only improvements that the community wants: 1) Better masteries management 2) Fixing input drop issues and AI behaviors?
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 491 ★★★★
    Jkw634 said:

We are thinking about this in a sense that Kabam cares about the player base. Let’s not forget most likely Kabam will be selling the counter (destroyer) to this tactic for 100 dollar guaranteed to valiants and how many crystals they will sell. They may be thinking about this in a short term profit aspect instead of long term health of game which is not good.

Destroyer can’t remove passive indestructible, Kabam did this only for forcing players to use potions
  • Options
    Doctor_Doom94Doctor_Doom94 Posts: 65
    It's annoying af when kabam guys are able to comment on other posts but not on a post that will/might effect a whole month of a particular game mode.
    Either they are not sure how to handle this situation or just don't want to acknowledge it at all till very late & then say" it's too late, either leave it or play it"
  • Options
    pseudosanepseudosane Posts: 3,885 Guardian
    Hold tight folks. These concerns have been aired in the team as well. They are well aware as to how bad this tactic is.
  • Options
    Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 287 ★★
    FunnyDude said:

Jkw634 said:

Destroyer can’t remove passive indestructible, Kabam did this only for forcing players to use potions
    Even better way to sell the champ. Come in and say hey guys removing the fact indestructible is passive.
  • Options

Hold tight folks. These concerns have been aired in the team as well. They are well aware as to how bad this tactic is.

They’re doing a great job of showing it by not acknowledging anything that’s been posted about it. A simple “we hear your concerns” would be nice.
  • Options
    pseudosanepseudosane Posts: 3,885 Guardian
    PIKESTAIN said:

They’re doing a great job of showing it by not acknowledging anything that’s been posted about it. A simple “we hear your concerns” would be nice.
    i think some actions amending the tactic would be better than a statement that means absolutely nothing.
  • Options
    BeeweeBeewee Posts: 542 ★★★★
    I few bottle neck areas need to be addressed such as polka and one eye. These areas punish parry where you are supposed to parry a defender and the tactic pool doesn’t have the options to deal with the tactic and these nodes at the same time.
  • Options
    Thanks for the update.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,388 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hi Summoners.

We have been aware of and monitoring this situation. We hear your concerns.

The game team has devised a plan to address concerns around the restrictiveness of the meta and it's impact on Alliance Wars. We will have thorough communications and planning laid out for you all soon; we're aiming for tomorrow.

Please maintain your own expectations in this short wait.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Nice to hear
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,550 ★★★★★
    edited March 5
    Kabam Jax said:

Hi Summoners.

....We will have thorough communications and planning laid out for you all soon; we're aiming for tomorrow.

Please maintain your own expectations in this short wait....

We will...