Alliance Quest Miniboss and Sentinel Refresh - April 2018 - Discussion Thread [Updated April 13]

Comments

• CeresCPHCeresCPH Member Posts: 69
    Thank you ..... not!!

We dont need a lame increase in difficulty without getting better rewards! This update is an excellent example of how you game developers are only looking at a very narrow adjustment instead of looking at the full picture.

This is disrespectful to us players! Sentinels is a great feature but only if they are a introduced as a minor thing to a bigger makeover of the current AQ layout including rewards.

I am about to say that this approach is similar to your poor handling of the version 12 nerf!

Fix it, please! (Turn back to symbiods until the rewards are updated at least).
  • KarakanliKarakanli Member Posts: 82
    Thanks for the champs @Maat1985 😃

So, they created diversity by including some Sentinelloids 😏 (ok?) that Force u to bring one or maybe two specific champs to Master one path in each tier? Wow thats so well done and so much of a change 🤣🤣🤣
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Member Posts: 2,365 ★★★★
    Luke cage is also kick ass to kill dorm and is bleed immune.... quake is amazing for alot if you know how to use her....
    At the moment personally i am going to see what works best out of
    GR, Blade, Luke Cage
    Or
    Medusa, GR, Luke Cage
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Member Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    I a few weeks everyone will have learnt how to best cope with these guys and there will be no problem....
    Just put some focus and thought in and lets learn how to adapt....

When life throws you lemons.... make lemonade.....

When life throws you oranges dont try and make lemonade.....
    Learn how to make orange juice.....

When kabam throws you ****, what do you make of it? Chocolate Milkshake?
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Member Posts: 2,365 ★★★★
    I a few weeks everyone will have learnt how to best cope with these guys and there will be no problem....
    Just put some focus and thought in and lets learn how to adapt....

When life throws you lemons.... make lemonade.....

When life throws you oranges dont try and make lemonade.....
    Learn how to make orange juice.....

When kabam throws you ****, what do you make of it? Chocolate Milkshake?

Actually i make a sandwich and feed it to all the entitled ##### around here
  • SyndicatedSyndicated Member Posts: 636 ★★★
    #NerfSentinelCans
  • General__RossGeneral__Ross Member Posts: 157
    I think I’m the only one who likes the change. AQ was too repetitive, can’t wait for the full release.
  • D14rockD14rock Member Posts: 31
    I think I’m the only one who likes the change. AQ was too repetitive, can’t wait for the full release.

So fighting the same different classes of Sentinels, all with the exact same move set isn't repetitive? AQ is a blast now.that I get to fight psylocke, AA, and now Sentinel over and over and over again. Lol
  • TKS87TKS87 Member Posts: 375 ★★★
    Luke cage is also kick ass to kill dorm and is bleed immune.... quake is amazing for alot if you know how to use her....
    At the moment personally i am going to see what works best out of
    GR, Blade, Luke Cage
    Or
    Medusa, GR, Luke Cage

I can say that Medusa, GR and Cage works quite well. Exactly the team I used, and haven't needed to use any items, granted it's only day 1.
  • Scud77Scud77 Member Posts: 86
    just looking at how my alliance have ended up I’d say difficulty has made a drastic change, and not all rely on damage over time champs
  • Scud77Scud77 Member Posts: 86
    I do feel the addition of the changes are premature, and sentinels are way Too OP, the way they are currently in game, we do map 3 and with the current AQ even our top guys are feeling it
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Member Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    The thing is kabam it aint the actual changes that are annoying it is the fact that we have had to change up our team by wasting more resources and we recieve the same rewards for it.

I guarantee if you had helped us by deranking some of our champions so that we could try prepare for it and we had some reward changes then we wouldn't mind the new enemies. You would have the couple comments that would still hate but the amount of hate that is being pushed your way would of been turned into something like "awesome new changes and we can prepare for it the right way".
  • AcanthusAcanthus Member Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    They're not hard to fight per se, they're just annoying and obnoxious.

Symbioid on day 5: 30-40 second fight
    Sentinel on day1: 1 min 30 second fight

I mean.. yeah
  • RazyRazy Member Posts: 17
    420sam wrote: »
    So, you are making it more difficult yet not adjusting anything like rewards or even glory? Can I ask why? How does this benefit the players?

Was there anything done before that benefit to pkayer?
  • LuciferosLuciferos Member Posts: 1
    So when are you nerfing Sentinels? It’s day one AQ and I am getting close to being timed out quite a bit. Sentinels are too ****; literally too slow and defensive. Yet somehow can they can pull off a special with speed.

It would be nice if this change came with a 5/6* Wolverine in my mailbox. Or worthwhile rewards. Or to be given a more proportionate value for buying units.

I don’t know. It seems every change shafts players just a little bit more.
  • Mike_10Mike_10 Member Posts: 1
    Change simbiods by sentinels on AQ only means one thing... kabam needs more money !! What they earns is Never enough! Whenever they changes anything in the game it is always to benefit in their own behalf! We the players are always harmed by these changes !! Not mention the prizes that are getting worse ! Shame on you Kabam!!
  • MEKA5MEKA5 Member Posts: 344 ★★
    The refresh is a good thing. But also just a money grab
    IF
    increased difficulty's not awarded with updated rewards.
    @Kabam Miike
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Member Posts: 1,776 ★★★★

then get used to fighting the same champ with the same specials over and over again 5 days a week. at least symbiodes had different specials and defensive properties. all of the sentinels are bleed poison immune. they all have the same major weakness. they can change the class all they want, but we are still baiting and evading the l1 until they use it.

I'd rather they just replace one sentinel per path with a normal champ. i'm not saying I'm tired of them now, but I will be the third week or so.
  • Kdog76Kdog76 Member Posts: 60
    All for a refresh but agree on sentinels being too much. Causing bleed or power drain thru a block is ridiculous. Even a parry will cost you now.

And no they don’t “melt” with armor break. I’ve used Medusa, IF, and even lowly 4* Thor.

All this has done is push us into bleed immune champs and negated DW mastery for AQ. Can’t the game get more interesting and fun without feeling like we got screwed?
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Member Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Okay so here's an idea. This was a refresh to keep us busy. When infinity war event is over, put new thanos as boss, and his children/army become these nodes. At least then they would be normal champs and differing move set.
  • ChefSkallywagChefSkallywag Member Posts: 69
    I have a great idea for a refresh. Maybe put in different champs. I fight 10 Sentinels on any given AQ. My path is 7/7/7. Is it difficult to add actual champs to AQ? Why do mystic Sentinels get MD and Nullify through blocks? Why are Skill Sentinels totally immune?

Is map 5 worth the insanely high cost with such **** rewards and fights? Why is my alliance mates 5* Iceman timing out on day one against NC? F map 5. It’s still boring.
  • MadMax79MadMax79 Member Posts: 31
    @Maat1985 be proud of yourself.. what a great achievement ... so very productive .. well done dude well done
  • ChefSkallywagChefSkallywag Member Posts: 69
    Par for the course
  • ZappZapp Member Posts: 69
    So you made AQ harder but kept the rewards the same? (Sentinels are a LOT harder to fight, if you claim otherwise you should probably try for yourself first)

Have to say I’m not surprised that not a lot of people are big fans of this change.
  • LegendsendLegendsend Member Posts: 92
    edited April 2018
    I was waiting to try it out before judging... After trying it out and having never been here to "complain" before I have to say that the difficulty of aq is raised and therefore the rewards should reflect said change. Unblockable specials and heavies, nc with the crazy evade... etc... That raised the difficulty but I had to try it out before coming here to say anything. I'm doing really well but I can't say the same for others in the alliance and it's day 1. This is not me advocating for a change or for anything to remain the same... This is me merely stating a fact.