Infinity Dungeons Discussion Thread

Comments

• GwendolineGwendoline Member Posts: 945 ★★★
    Ebbtide wrote: »
    Will there be any added Dark Artifacts? Many, many players have lost champions and progress during the emergency maintenances, others missed out on the milestones from the initial days because the Prestige value was not known or low enough and had to be lowered, and also players missed milestones because of the Dungeons not having balanced points to time spent. With all of these changes made to Dungeons recently, it would be valued if the first week of Milestones (7500 milestone cap, over all 7 days) were issued out to all players.

This will not break the three 5-star limit, as it would not give over the 27,000 Dark Artifact shards needed for another crystal. It would give players additional Infinity Dust, but not dramatically.

Essentially, a complex, interesting, new mode was added to the game. Many prizes revolve around participation in it. Many within the community have tried playing it, but it has not had a smooth launch. To encourage people to keep with it, it would be useful to send out the prizes for the first week where there have been issues and corrections to not penalize players who had unknown restrictions or persistent problems (I know players who have been completely locked out of Dungeons for a few days - see this thread: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/67558/dungeons-freezing-merged-threads#latest).

Also, by giving out one weeks worth of Infinity Dungeon Milestones, it would potentially push players who have avoided it completely to try it, since they are at half the value of the better prizes (since it takes two weeks to hit the points needed for better prizes).

That's actually a really good idea.

I wonder if they'll treat this like the rift shards. Ignore the problem as long as possible, then in the end hand out the potentially missed stuff (or add a few days to dungeons, also possible) to fix it because the noises from the community get to loud.

It's a real shame kabam makes us fight for everything we missed out of due to problems on their end (whether it's unable to update the game, not seeing the milestones, not able to play dungeons, random gifts or having to deal with 8 emergency maintenances in 4 days).
    Little note: even just listing part of the stuff from the last 3 weeks took me a while, I don't even want to try to list the stuff that's been messed up before/longer then that.
  • KCMickKCMick Member Posts: 7
    Dungeons down for anyone else? Last two the map never loads and boots out. Once back in, select "go" and just takes to main screen. r9spxswnln0h.png
    zbzs8fusjrhl.png
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Member Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    New points made it much better thanks kabam, why do 6*s take so long to refresh? they aren’t better than 5*s, believe me my 6* gamora does not really need such a big cooldown period
  • NomarigerolNomarigerol Member Posts: 159
    edited May 2018
    So does someone know what is the record in term of rooms achieved in dungeons 5 and 6 ? I guess top players managed at least till room 5/6 in dungeon 6 ?
    So does someone know what is the record in term of rooms achieved in dungeons 5 and 6 ? I guess top players managed at least till room 5/6 in dungeon 6 ?

I’ve seen Legacy and Yeet die in room 10.
  • PrakharPrakhar Member Posts: 1
    Sir please help me out with this thing I am only able to do 1.5k points but my friends do 7.5k point. I only get 650 dark artifact but they get 1.5k. I am also not able to see any option to buy a 5 star using the artifact why is it can you please tell @Kabam Miike or @Kabam DK or anyone please.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Member Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Prakhar wrote: »
    Sir please help me out with this thing I am only able to do 1.5k points but my friends do 7.5k point. I only get 650 dark artifact but they get 1.5k. I am also not able to see any option to buy a 5 star using the artifact why is it can you please tell @Kabam Miike or @Kabam DK or anyone please.

Because your prestige is not high enough
  • billbillbillbillbillbillbillbill Member Posts: 29
    Thank you for adding the points to dungeons 4 and 5. It helped a bit. But all in all this event is a complete failure. For the first time in a year and a half of playing this game you have made content that takes just too much time. Not total time. but consecutive time. I've never had to play the game more than the 3 minute fight timer in one sitting. I can pause the game anytime, take breaks between arena fights. Go to sleep in the middle of AQ and AW. But your infinity dungeons force me to play for 20 and 30 minutes straight (for just 1 dungeon). praying for no internet issues and no emergency maintenence. also counting on my partner not to have connection problems. I have never even bothered with these forums other than to look for an alliance. Every other time the game was a pain in my ass it was due to difficult fights and my lack of high powered characters. Now i log onto mcoc to fight time constraints, phone overheating, emergency maintenence. I'm done complaining. Just please don't make content that completely changes the way it has to be played. I have a PC and PS if i want to game for hours on end. I chose my sanity over your infinity dungeons. I've given up on the event entirely. And I'll be holding off on any purchases for months to come in fear of quitting soon if the game keeps trending twards being work.
  • JRock808JRock808 Member Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Emergency maintenance, scheduled maintenance... yeah.

Kabam, you know people work right? And the game is down during the limited window when people can actually play? Do you not take any of this into consideration? Obviously not. You should start caring about the players and not just their spending habits.
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Member Posts: 432 ★★
    JRock808 wrote: »
    Emergency maintenance, scheduled maintenance... yeah.

Kabam, you know people work right? And the game is down during the limited window when people can actually play? Do you not take any of this into consideration? Obviously not. You should start caring about the players and not just their spending habits.

Well said. I’m over it, people been dropping like flies because they don’t wanna deal with Kabams nonsense anymore, this game will be dead before we know it all because of Kabam
  • Ronin916Ronin916 Member Posts: 85
    Honestly Kabam, you owe the players AT LEAST some Infinity Dust as compensation at this point (if not more for the players affected in other areas of the game). This has been happening frequently as of late, and it's just flat out ridiculous
  • Ronin916Ronin916 Member Posts: 85
    I don't understand how you expect us to achieve the amounts required to purchase the rewards available when we're constantly being obstructed by emergency maintenance every few days. The amount of time and effort required was already extensive without having your champions being wasted in the middle of a dungeon run. It's honestly very disappointing
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Member Posts: 419 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    Got in game email today that they improved the points and difficulty. Is that current or just reiterating the past - and non sufficient - change ?
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Member Posts: 675 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    Got in game email today that they improved the points and difficulty. Is that current or just reiterating the past - and non sufficient - change ?

I was wondering the same. If they finally fixed it that would be great and really surprising. Sadly the in game messages links to the old announcement which did not adequately fix things. :(
    @Kabam Miike can you please confirm this? Are there new changes coming per the in game message?
  • Marine31_Marine31_ Member Posts: 61
    Why are we getting an in game notification on Dungeon changes that supposedly took place 13 days ago not that it's any less time consuming than before the supposed changes you made.
  • superunknown012superunknown012 Member Posts: 413 ★★
    Miike commented in another thread essentially confirming that it's just referencing the change from two weeks ago but they wanted to get that info out to all those not on the forums, reddit, etc.

Don't see why you would wait two weeks to push that message out though as now there's only two more weeks left in the event anyway.
    Too bad ...oh well
  • Wolfe_Wolfe_ Member Posts: 12
    Nice. Now people are going to be confused. You guys should have been more clear about when these changes actually happened so people arent expecting easier dungeons going forward.
  • richo82richo82 Member Posts: 50
    I'm not sure if this has been suggested yet as this thread is quite long now, but here is a suggestion I would like to make in regards to the dungeon matchmaking.

Recently I attempted a run at dungeon 6, the partner that I was matched with had 1 rank 5 4 star and 2 rank 4 4 star champions selected in their team, this did not meet the minimum rating outlined for dungeon 6 and they failed to make it through 1 fight. Wasting my best champions for a result of 0.
    I think you should make some adjustments to this partner matching to do one of if not both of these things.
    1. Limit the ability to use the random matching to teams that meet or exceed the recommended ratings.
    2. Give the opportunity to vet your partner before entering the dungeon so that we don't get stooged with a partner clearly not capable of matching the progress or difficulty of the dungeon ahead.
  • ColdfireknightColdfireknight Member Posts: 81
    It’s probably been said, but I’d like to see a change where, if the room boss was beaten but one of the two don’t respond, the room is closed and you get full points. We have enough connection issues and game crashes that this constant loss of points on a win is ridiculous.
  • jaylerdjaylerd Member Posts: 113
    Y’all made it harder with that may 5 update, not easier.

Used to be able to blitz to d5r6 and now can barely get through room 3. Instead of making it easier you added crazier buffs that deal attackers more damage.
    I keep timing out with slower players in the harder difficulties of dungeon 5 and 6. Can at least dungeon 6 get like 12-15 min instead of 10

It's 12:30 minutes long right now, not 10.
  • NatsuGenysisNatsuGenysis Member Posts: 49
    I'm seriously getting pissed at matchmaking pairing us up with people who bring the bare minimum champs and can't clear the first room. You guys need to fix this kabam because its a total failure. Not everyone has time to waste and being locked in there for 10 mins because some idiot has died early on map 1 makes no sense.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Member Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    edited May 2018
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    how are they unable to clear the first room if they bring the bare minimum champs?

because they are potato
  • cytwbccytwbc Member Posts: 93
    richo82 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this has been suggested yet as this thread is quite long now, but here is a suggestion I would like to make in regards to the dungeon matchmaking.

Recently I attempted a run at dungeon 6, the partner that I was matched with had 1 rank 5 4 star and 2 rank 4 4 star champions selected in their team, this did not meet the minimum rating outlined for dungeon 6 and they failed to make it through 1 fight. Wasting my best champions for a result of 0.
    I think you should make some adjustments to this partner matching to do one of if not both of these things.
    1. Limit the ability to use the random matching to teams that meet or exceed the recommended ratings.
    2. Give the opportunity to vet your partner before entering the dungeon so that we don't get stooged with a partner clearly not capable of matching the progress or difficulty of the dungeon ahead.

when i use find a match, i almost always use this type of set up and almost always clear 2 rooms on D6 using this,
    i save my best teams for alliance members or friends, but ive often been able to hit all milestones using the find a match feature using 1 550 or R3 5* and 2 440s or r2 5*s and i dont always take a class advantage path either
    you just got a bad match it happens,
  • HuonuoHuonuo Member Posts: 42
    3kxd8mcqo28w.jpeg
    Saw this on YouTube, an example of the 5* crystal. Just out of curiosity, what is the absolute max value of Dark artefacts one can obtain over the whole event, 27k seems like a lot for a crystal. What’s the max per day and max over the whole event?

Also, is there actually a max on how many of each crystal I can purchase? For example if I wanted to get star Lord really bad, would I be able to buy 2 of these crystals for 54k shards or is it only 1 available?

27k is a lot, but if you're able to hit every milestones every day, you should be able to get 3 of the 5-Star Crystals. You are able to purchase the crystal multiple times, so you could theoretically buy the same Crystal 3 times.

You did remind me of something important that I should probably call out. Notice that the Champions in the Top Prizes are blue. The crystals contain Basic Champions. Duplicating them will only give 1 Signature level, and no Shards, etc.

@Kabam Miike Please reconfirm that we can buy same crystal multiple times, I purchased one war crystal two weeks back but It doesn't allow me to buy another one today. Please confirm the 1/1 purchase limit will be lifted in a new cycle so we can buy same crystal like you stated
  • HuonuoHuonuo Member Posts: 42
    Huonuo wrote: »
    3kxd8mcqo28w.jpeg
    Saw this on YouTube, an example of the 5* crystal. Just out of curiosity, what is the absolute max value of Dark artefacts one can obtain over the whole event, 27k seems like a lot for a crystal. What’s the max per day and max over the whole event?

Also, is there actually a max on how many of each crystal I can purchase? For example if I wanted to get star Lord really bad, would I be able to buy 2 of these crystals for 54k shards or is it only 1 available?

27k is a lot, but if you're able to hit every milestones every day, you should be able to get 3 of the 5-Star Crystals. You are able to purchase the crystal multiple times, so you could theoretically buy the same Crystal 3 times.

You did remind me of something important that I should probably call out. Notice that the Champions in the Top Prizes are blue. The crystals contain Basic Champions. Duplicating them will only give 1 Signature level, and no Shards, etc.

@Kabam Miike Please reconfirm that we can buy same crystal multiple times, I purchased one war crystal two weeks back but It doesn't allow me to buy another one today. Please confirm the 1/1 purchase limit will be lifted in a new cycle so we can buy same crystal like you stated

vvxixyx7k11d.jpeg

@Kabam Miike a picture is worth a thousand words. I bought my first two weeks.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Member Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Huonuo wrote: »
    3kxd8mcqo28w.jpeg

This has already been clarified elsewhere, but no, you cannot purchase the same Dark Artifact Crystal more than once. The limits shown in game are correct. Apologies for the confusion.