**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Developers Thoughts: Improving Alliance Wars Discussion Thread

Comments

• Zeronaut81Zeronaut81 Posts: 290 ★★
    The bleed immunity only extends to the defender, correct? Attackers will still bleed? So are we going to see a huge increase of Blade, KM, AA etc on defense?
  • hatchetkillahatchetkilla Posts: 23
    Acanthus wrote: »
    The murdering of Blade continues
    Buff 2 - Bleed Immunity:
    - Bleed immunity affects Defenders
    - Bringing in Debuff heavy Champions will still be a viable option, but Champions that rely heavily on Bleed will not be as effective this Season.

Can you please expand on this. A R5 killmonger on node 29 will now be impposible to beat unless you have a corvius. People would use blade because that was the only other counter. Node 29 is a problem and you are not hellping this out at all, just making it a lot more difficult

I take it you haven't heard of Magik.

What about Archangel
  • hatchetkillahatchetkilla Posts: 23
    Wouldn't Archangel work
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    Markjv81 wrote: »
    Just another example of Kabam not understanding their own game, want us to use more of our rosters but don't understand that anything less than an r4 5* doesn't really cut it on expert map.

Some of the guys in our alliance only have the ability to have 4-5 r4 5* and have used resources ranking champs that were best used for AW prior to the changes, your royalty screwed if out of those champs you had more than one of blade, AA, GP extra and none of them are females.

You can not keeping changing the status quo when rank up materials are so scarce.

As much as I agree with everything you said, GP is still female...
  • I give Kabam credit for communicating. That’s a good start. The problem of lack of diversity is their own creation, however.

Many have correctly stated that the reason for so few champs being used is bc there is a continual ramp up of abilities as new champs are released and these abilities as well as the new nodes then make them necessary to stay at the top or complete the most challenging content. Kabam benefits from this bc of the revenue from crystal purchases, potion use, arena grinding, etc. I question that they truly have interest in changing that aspect of the game.

If we are to take them for their word, however, then the only real solution is to increase the viability of the majority of the champs that are already out there and relegated to the trash heap. This has to be done by equalizing the playing field by either nerfing the god tier champs or bringing the garbage heap champs up to god tier.

As it is today, nobody is going to use the precious few rank up materials on non-god tier champs. They are far too hard to get. I’m sitting on literally 1000’s of unopened rank up materials bc I continue to pull trash from all my crystals, and I’m not about to waste them on Falcon or IP or the other garbage sitting in my account. My luck has been about as bad as it can be, so I continue to tread water and pray that the rng gods will some day bestow me with a worthy champ. Until that day or a change in the meta, the game sits stagnant for me and I lose more interest in it every day.
  • RaffcrowRaffcrow Posts: 1
    If you truly want to have the players using and taking full advantage of their rosters why not reactivate the synergies back in to the wars. You guys keep trying to add new features instead of fixing the issues that still exist. Allowing defenders utilize their synergies would be a much better option to the “diversity issue”
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    Are we ever going to address the fact that loyalty doesn't accrue fast enough? It's too little. The game has changed but once again a component that should change with it didn't.
  • chunkyb wrote: »
    Ok. Now

As for blade... People should look at that a little more. He doesn't depend on bleed. If you need bleeds to get a kill with blade, you're doing it wrong.

You sir are an idiot. Blade depends on his bleed to gain more power which you can regenerate from or use higher specials for higher damage. Don’t comment if you don’t know what the hell you are talking about. This is a blatant Blade nerf because this scumbag company need to steal people’s money. This is the new 12.0

Guessing you never fought a node in high tier war with blade where u needed to not bleed the opponent? Blade's real power is danger sense, not relying on bleed and specials. That's what makes him so good. How much of that bleeding power gain have you used vs dorm?

I appreciate your weak attempt at personal attacks, but I won't bite. People have been crying about blade nerfs for ages and mine still destroys what I need him to destroy, whether they're bleed immune or not.

You act as tho blade is your only champ or the only champ that can beat anything... When blade in war has been on the decline for quite some time. Many people have been using him as a defender for 3 seasons. The one thing that truly shows the merit of your post more than anything else is that you're calling a change to one season of wars "the new 12.0". Literally one game mode has some change and the sky is falling.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    PaytoPlay wrote: »
    Markjv81 wrote: »
    Just another example of Kabam not understanding their own game, want us to use more of our rosters but don't understand that anything less than an r4 5* doesn't really cut it on expert map.

Some of the guys in our alliance only have the ability to have 4-5 r4 5* and have used resources ranking champs that were best used for AW prior to the changes, your royalty screwed if out of those champs you had more than one of blade, AA, GP extra and none of them are females.

You can not keeping changing the status quo when rank up materials are so scarce.

As much as I agree with everything you said, GP is still female...

She is, my sentence wasn't constructed properly, I meant if none of your exisiting champs are female and was a different point from having multiple bleeders as r4 5*. Yes Gwenpool would be effective with the female global node.
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Well they just need to nerfed Blade and give out rank down tickets instead of nerfing the skill class and part of the mutant class for war. So now my Killmonger will sort of suck in war because Kabam is trying to figure out how to counter blade. He'll still hit like a truck with danger scense but two other classes will take a big hit.
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    Väggar wrote: »
    I can agree with the stagnant previous season and only using specific champs because of our RNG luck, but if you want to implement the system to where we can use other champs as viable options than please. BUFF EVERYONE. Even She Hulk and Ant-Man. HulkBuster. Don't create a B.S. "Unique Synergy" on them because than that means we need another champion in order to use that synergy. Just make every champion viable and not weak and an actual tool that can be used on any standard either defensively or offensively. Just look on YouTube at any video on Offensive Tier list with the Youtubers opinion on their spreadsheet about every character. It's pretty easy to see which ones need a buff. So get to it! 😂

Nope they'd rather just nerf the champs and masteries that everyone has wasted their time and resources on ranking up instead.

Directly or indirectly adding a Global Bleed Immune node to AW is nerfing every Bleed Champ (X-23, MorningStar, Blade, KillMonger, GwenPool, ArchAngel, Wolverine, NightCrawler, SaberTooth, Guilly, Gamora, Yondu, Ultrobn, WW2, WS, MoonKnight, BP, BPCW, Carnage, Venom etc.), not to mention it's also a direct nerf to the Deep Wounds Mastery. This like 12.0 all over again imo.

I demand rank down tickets and compensation for deep wounds or I might be done playing for a long time again considering these are the Champs and Masteries that Kabam themselves encouraged us all rank up after the nerfs to the Suicide Masteries and OG champs before and during 12.0.

I 100% agree they should just buff all the crappy champs if they want balance, but instead they'd rather nerf the good stuff that we all spent resources on already. Kabam taking the lazy way out again at their player's expense, typical.

Lastly this balances nothing. In fact it has quite the opposite effect becuase it just makes the pool of useful champions even smaller than it already was before.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    OKAYGang wrote: »
    Väggar wrote: »
    I can agree with the stagnant previous season and only using specific champs because of our RNG luck, but if you want to implement the system to where we can use other champs as viable options than please. BUFF EVERYONE. Even She Hulk and Ant-Man. HulkBuster. Don't create a B.S. "Unique Synergy" on them because than that means we need another champion in order to use that synergy. Just make every champion viable and not weak and an actual tool that can be used on any standard either defensively or offensively. Just look on YouTube at any video on Offensive Tier list with the Youtubers opinion on their spreadsheet about every character. It's pretty easy to see which ones need a buff. So get to it! 😂

Nope they'd rather just nerf the champs and masteries that everyone has wasted their time and resources on ranking up instead.

Directly or indirectly adding a Global Bleed Immune node to AW is nerfing every Bleed Champ (X-23, MorningStar, Blade, KillMonger, GwenPool, ArchAngel, Wolverine, NightCrawler, SaberTooth, Guilly, Gamora, Yondu, Ultrobn, WW2, WS, MoonKnight, BP, BPCW, Carnage, Venom etc.), not to mention it's also a direct nerf to the Deep Wounds Mastery. This like 12.0 all over again imo.

I demand rank down tickets and compensation for deep wounds or I might be done playing for a long time again considering these are the Champs and Masteries that Kabam themselves encouraged us all rank up after the nerfs to the Suicide Masteries and OG champs before and during 12.0.

I 100% agree they should just buff all the crappy champs if they want balance, but instead they'd rather nerf the good stuff. that we all spent respurces on already. Kabam taking the lazy way out again at their player's expense, typical.

Lastly this balances nothing. In fact it has quite the opposite effect becuase it just makes the pool of useful champions even smaller than it already was before.

You realize this is for only 1 war season and doesnt effect any other mode in the game right?
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    I was just getting use to alliance war seasons...
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike the statement about global buffs imply that the alliance gets to chose between two nodes, but I'm not sure. Will both global buffs be active for each tile or will the alliance get to chose? And if they get to chose will it be active for every tile or will the alliance get to chose the buff per tile?

Global implies map wide so every tile. Rotating implies it will change from war to war so probably won't be active at the same time. Good question regarding who pick the active global buff though... Probably not the alliance

For Season 5 the 2 mentioned nodes will be active for this season only. Season 6 will introduce new global buffs.
    @PaytoPlay @Ghostspider231
  • Spidey983Spidey983 Posts: 93
    Here are a few ideas to help with dealing with 3rd party apps as it relates to social media. Kabam, you all should develop an app where we can use outside of the game to communicate with other players and look at their profiles, prestige, other statistics, and lane and map planning. It would be cool to link our accounts to this app. Everyone knows in game chat can be a pain and not everyone wants to download different social media apps because each alliance may use something different. It's basically if you can't beat the competition then join them. Not only can it be used for the players but you all could release official information there like you do on the forums. And I'm sure as time goes on you all will come up with other ideas to add to this app.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,256 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    Kabam people in positions to make changes,

Why couldn’t you let alliances fill up the AW nodes with a certain number of symbioids/Ultron drones/Kangs or whatever random champ per War with curated synergies and let alliances essentially place the node buffs/debuffs instead to keep it fresh? Change up the nodes some. Not everything has to be instant damage or feel like punishment to play under. Mix it up with a no-crits period attacker and defender node or Ascendant node with passive power gain and attacks other than SP1 give the opponent unstoppable and Indestructible or only heavies do damage? I’d feel better timing out instead of dying to stacked, unavoidable degens and assorted BS damage nodes. Or buffs that require certain conditions like 3 iron men and you get unblockable specials or if you bring 3 robots on attack you’re debuff immune except for shock. If I’m not getting direct benefits from diversified atack squads why do it? I’ll just pick from the same old handful of the best all-around champs from my deep and stacked roster and boost like mad if you keep making AW nodes more difficult. You keep making the win conditions something other than intelligent skiled play or play-based strategy. Give options for ways to win. Say if 2 players in the BG take the dead end side branch and fight a Thanos or Collector with unlimited health, we give everyone else in the BG based on the damage we did a reward crystal and some points, but maybe you give up the chance to ensure a points win if you do poorly. Who knows but something has to change beyond more unavoidable damage and nerfs.

For alliance tools, why don’t you put your website to use for something other than the forums? Why couldn’t you have alliance tools and maps available through an interface that you host? Honestly, if you try to mush more into the game itself it’s going to turn out trash that nobody will be happy with.
    edited October 2018
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike the statement about global buffs imply that the alliance gets to chose between two nodes, but I'm not sure. Will both global buffs be active for each tile or will the alliance get to chose? And if they get to chose will it be active for every tile or will the alliance get to chose the buff per tile?

Global implies map wide so every tile. Rotating implies it will change from war to war so probably won't be active at the same time. Good question regarding who pick the active global buff though... Probably not the alliance

For Season 5 the 2 mentioned nodes will be active for this season only. Season 6 will introduce new global buffs.

Sounds like it's in addition to the two though... So there'll be more nodes to choose from in season 6 than the initial 2

Sounds like it's in addition to the two though... So there'll be more nodes to choose from in season 6 than the initial 2

@PaytoPlay its not. I was a part of the feedback group. They will be rotating the 2 for season 5 out for 2 others in season 6.

Ok good to know.
  • They said this is just the start. More global buffs will be added in season 6.
This discussion has been closed.