**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Alliance Quest Season 9 and Map 8 - Coming Nov 19 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    Siliyo said:

Also, the “Corvus Cheese” only happens as a result of having a timer. Why are timers still a thing?

Cuz I don't want to wait 45 minutes just because you feel the need to try and get Aegon up to 999 hits...

That being said, I would not complain if they increased the timer and made it a reasonable 5 minutes. As others have mentioned, it would ease alot of reliability on Corvus
  • Options
    Typhoon said:

Rektor said:

So if I legitimately run out of time in the 3 mins allotted, using someone other than Corvus, then I’m KO’d?

Not unless your at 3% health or less. If you're above that Threshold, you'll lose 50% of your health. This is just like how it is for most Champions right now.
    This should have been included in the main post. Secondly, 3%?! If we time out and we're at 3%, we KO? Are you kidding?
    This is not new. This is what the threshold has been for quite some time for most Champions.
  • Options

Siliyo said:

Also, the “Corvus Cheese” only happens as a result of having a timer. Why are timers still a thing?

Cuz I don't want to wait 45 minutes just because you feel the need to try and get Aegon up to 999 hits...

That being said, I would not complain if they increased the timer and made it a reasonable 5 minutes. As others have mentioned, it would ease alot of reliability on Corvus
    We've asked to look at changing the fight timer to 5 minutes for Map 8. Will let you know what the decision is.
    Miike, why is a glory store update not included here?
    Are there plans to revamp healing potions overall or not?
  • Options
    Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Rektor said:

So if I legitimately run out of time in the 3 mins allotted, using someone other than Corvus, then I’m KO’d?

Not unless your at 3% health or less. If you're above that Threshold, you'll lose 50% of your health. This is just like how it is for most Champions right now.
    This should have been included in the main post. Secondly, 3%?! If we time out and we're at 3%, we KO? Are you kidding?
    This is not new. This is what the threshold has been for quite some time for most Champions.
    Then can you do us a favor and please provide additional insight on what "most champions" are?
    Every Champion that isn't under the effect of an indestructible or other ability keeping them from being knocked out.
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,750 ★★★★★

Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Rektor said:

Then can you do us a favor and please provide additional insight on what "most champions" are?
    Every Champion that isn't under the effect of an indestructible or other ability keeping them from being knocked out.
    Thanks for that information. So does this update effectively allow "any champion that IS under the effect of an indestructible or other ability keeping them from being knocked out" to be knocked out when timing out at or below 3% HP?
  • Options
    LordPSNLordPSN Posts: 799 ★★★★
    Any updates in glory store??
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

🧐 I think removing the corvus time out sets a precedent that can hurt players down the road. We did time outs long before corvus was in the game. Why? Because health potions cost less then revives. If I get into a bad fight, miss a parry off the start or kid jumps on me, I time out or force close in aq. Doesn’t matter if it’s corvus or any champion.

I understand that corvus allowed a lot of players to bypass a lot, but the time out wasn’t the issue it was his signature ability. If I want to time out with a champion at 10% or less health I should be able to without the fear of forking over revives. Currently I bring corvus for one of the three iterations on map 7. That iteration I also bring g99, which is a easy solo on Apoc. So my time outs are very very minimal now a days so I’m not worried about it going away but I disagree with the method that it’s being approached. So next we will get auto KO’d for force closing? Idk, this seems silly to me in the end to make this change globally to effect all champions.

This isn't really a change for most Champions, since they already couldn't survive a Timeout at around 3% life anyways. When you have 10%, or 80%, you'll still return with 50% left, just like before.
    Why? Won't 3% be left after timeout with 1.5%health?
  • Options
    DrVD99DrVD99 Posts: 71
    Remove the 50% health lost due to game crashing.
  • Options
    NeverWasBornNeverWasBorn Posts: 58
    @Kabam Miike don't you think removing the AQ fights timer would be a better solution and would save you a lot of anger and save us a bad taste in the mouth? also, it will encourage players to bring other slower champions to AQ.
  • Options

The timers shouldn't be completely removed from AQ. You all do not think before you speak. I can list a few obvious reasons.

1) A disgruntled player can just sit there and not allow anyone else to fight the boss or mini.
    2) Someone can accidently enter the fight and leave it up in case of an emergency. Kicking someone out after 3 minutes avoids this issue.

I don't think there needs to be any further explanation but stop saying just remove the timers.

Easy put a timer on pausing and for your first point kick that player. There is no reason for an alliance to keep a dsgruntled player. For the other person saying someone is fighting 45 minutes to get aegon to 999 combo ... well fight would be long over wouldnt it before hitting 999??
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★
    The "lose half" your life should be that... half. If you have 4HP left: come back with 2HP. It shouldn't be a % thing. This magic "3% number" makes little sense.

I know it gets complicated because of health boosts... but you can round to the nearest singular health point, not full percentage / 0 decimal places.
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★
    Separate question than what everyone else is focusing on... for those alliances that don't 100% and "boss rush", can an alliance focus only one one boss in Section 3 and still get "completion"?
  • Options
    LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,166 ★★★★

The timers shouldn't be completely removed from AQ. You all do not think before you speak. I can list a few obvious reasons.

1) A disgruntled player can just sit there and not allow anyone else to fight the boss or mini.
    2) Someone can accidently enter the fight and leave it up in case of an emergency. Kicking someone out after 3 minutes avoids this issue.

I don't think there needs to be any further explanation but stop saying just remove the timers.

Don't be so naive that there aren't alternative solutions. Let us fight to the death with whoever we like and put a timer on the pause instead. Have an emergency, got another call, have to get your kid a glass of chocolate milk, need to go take a 💩?... Put a time limit on that pause - maybe 3 minutes, if you needed more than that - well, the pause will expire and you will get smacked in the face and die and someone else can get in. This will make it so that a fight can't be infinitely tied up.