New Carrina's challenges thoughts?

Comments

• ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★

Rasilover said:

I have no why people are dooming on the creators like they betrayed us or something 🤷‍♂️

Maybe cause two of them designed challenges that are extremely frustrating to complete? They obviously don't care about fun.
    My guy feeling is that Kabam wanted 3 different skill levels here but aren't saying it. That way people could still get the KG piece without robbing the bank. The problem is, though, there is so much else going on that it feels like we're being slammed (at least this is permanent).

Hard
    Really fricking hard
    Insanely hard

• Karatemike415Karatemike415 Member, Administrator, Content Creators Posts: 724 Content Creator

Rasilover said:

I have no why people are dooming on the creators like they betrayed us or something 🤷‍♂️

Maybe cause two of them designed challenges that are extremely frustrating to complete? They obviously don't care about fun.
    @ItsClobberinTime Have you actually tried them before coming to this conclusion? Genuinely asking.
    You said earlier you haven't logged on in 2 weeks.
    The war global made me hate war, but you might make me quit. I assume it’s payback for the wilson jokes, so fair enough lol
    @danielmath rightfully so. CJ Stroud is a stud, though.

Let's ride!
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    I'm curious

Rasilover said:

@ItsClobberinTime Have you actually tried them before coming to this conclusion? Genuinely asking.
    I didn't even get to that Domino which I don't even know how you would kill with Zemo.

20 Gauntlet fights with Zemo alone? Come on...
    Look at this whole thread, there's a reason most people aren't happy about it.
    Zemo can take Domino down in one go just by using Special 1's - the Power Shield boosts his bleed from the special by 400% - so after a few Special 1's, she absolutely melts. There's a strategy for him to take every fight in there.

Zemo was designed to be used in long form content where you have the freedom to bring 3-5 Zemo’s on the team, due to his House of Zemo synergy (which is the name of the title obtained).
    Each Zemo increases his bleed potency by 50% - hence, why there was a 2 star Zemo in the Avengers challenge.
    One cycle of SP2>SP1>SP1 leaves the defender taking a permanent 15,000 bleed damage per second.

There aren't many quests where you can bring 5 of one Champion - but Gauntlet is the perfect place to bring 5 Zemo’s on your team. There isn’t a single fight in the quest that he can’t handle. Lots of thought was put into that objective, and I made sure he was able to effectively take every single fight in the quest - so naturally, it's very frustrating & disheartening when I see people saying that myself, or Fin, didn't put any thought into these challenges before they even make an attempt - or that we're "out of touch" with the game, or community.

I understand your, and everyone else's, view here.
    I understand that it's very difficult, but these challenges were designed specifically to be very challenging and geared towards the players who have been craving this type of challenge to be made again.
    Because of this, they are optional permanent objectives (with rewards that aren't account changing), and revisit quests that were released 3+ years ago.
    I will admit, I caught the tail-end of MSD's Zemo run (Domino onward), and while the odds of me replicating all that and the AI functioning in my favor aren't guaranteed, I was able to see some little tricks and strategies that worked in Zemo's favor depending on the fight. As a r5 Zemo owner, I'll definitely be down to try it, but not until I can get the 2* Zemo to complete the team, and unfortunately I never got him when he was in the collector's crystal, so for now Avengers seems my only way :#
  • MotorolaMotorola Member Posts: 40

Motorola said:

Motorola said:

Motorola said:

I would have loved the same difficulty with having to rank up 8 (5stars) to max, instead of having to rank up 8 (6 or 7 stars) and use sooooo many end game resources on irrelevant champs that you will never use again. When you are a valiant player who is trying to keep up with the other valiant/paragon players (especially in Battlegrounds), we have to choose our rank ups very carefully. Ranking up black widow/antman/thor/hawkeye/jabari panther/mojo really hurts our accounts. Tigra/ironman/zemo are the only champs that are easier to spend the rank up resources on. This is why Lagacys challenge was GENIUS, even if it was exactly the same difficulty as Fintechs and Karate Mikes, players would NOT mind it as much because maxing out 8 5stars is reasonable for some side/OPTIONAL challenges, and we wouldn't feel like we are taking away from our end game/battlegrounds rosters (top 30 champs) so much (except for gold and ISO of course).

So rank up your 5* versions instead of the 6/7* versions and use them.

Nobody said you can't use 5* champs.
    If you dont know why people would not want to use 5stars for EOP and Gauntlet, then IDK what else to tell you.
    Dude... to quote EXACTLY WHAT YOU SAID:

I would have loved the same difficulty with having to rank up 8 (5stars) to max, instead of having to rank up 8 (6 or 7 stars) and use sooooo many end game resources on irrelevant champs that you will never use again.

Then go on to tell me if I apparently don't know why nobody would want to use 5 stars, you don't know what to tell me? Haha

If you can't see your own completely contradictory statement there, then I don't know what to tell you, my dude.
    Lets see if i can break it down a little better for you.

If the difficulty was the same and we could do it with ranking up 5stars, it would be much better. THE DIFFICULTY, not the challenge being the same. If they could come up with a challenge that was just as hard, but we dont have to rank up 8 6stars (mostly unworthy champs), it would be better.

does that help you understand???

Motorola said:

Rasilover said:

I didn't even get to that Domino which I don't even know how you would kill with Zemo.

Zemo can take Domino down in one go just by using Special 1's - the Power Shield boosts his bleed from the special by 400% - so after a few Special 1's, she absolutely melts. There's a strategy for him to take every fight in there.

Zemo was designed to be used in long form content where you have the freedom to bring 3-5 Zemo’s on the team, due to his House of Zemo synergy (which is the name of the title obtained).
    Each Zemo increases his bleed potency by 50% - hence, why there was a 2 star Zemo in the Avengers challenge.
    One cycle of SP2>SP1>SP1 leaves the defender taking a permanent 15,000 bleed damage per second.

There aren't many quests where you can bring 5 of one Champion - but Gauntlet is the perfect place to bring 5 Zemo’s on your team. There isn’t a single fight in the quest that he can’t handle. Lots of thought was put into that objective, and I made sure he was able to effectively take every single fight in the quest - so naturally, it's very frustrating & disheartening when I see people saying that myself, or Fin, didn't put any thought into these challenges before they even make an attempt - or that we're "out of touch" with the game, or community.

I understand that it's very difficult, but these challenges were designed specifically to be very challenging and geared towards the players who have been craving this type of challenge to be made again.
    Because of this, they are optional permanent objectives (with rewards that aren't account changing), and revisit quests that were released 3+ years ago.
    I dont disagree with most of this, my main question is did the fact that players would have to rank up MANY UNWANTED champs ever come up as a possible problem, or is that something that you thought would be fun for players, or was it just something overlooked?
    Assuming you're referring to the Avengers challenge - I actually did most of the testing there with Rank 3 Champions, and I think Iron Dude at Rank 4.

I keep seeing "who wants to Rank 5 these Champions?!?!?!" being thrown around.
    Gauntlet was released before Rank 4's even existed.

I was going to leave Widow & Ant-Man at rank 3, but I decided to take them to Rank 4 as a souvenir for the challenge. There's nothing that can't be done with them at Rank 3.

To the players that this challenge was geared towards, taking those Champions to rank 3 would not be much of a burden at all. If you're still in the stage of the game where rank 3 resources for 6 stars are scarce, it might not be time to tackle it yet - and that's 100% okay, and also why it's permanent. The hope is that over time, players will have a 2>3 gem in their overflow, not know where to use it, and have a reason to toss it into Thor.

There's a group of players that miss the need to rank specific Champions to get through challenge content.
    The truth of the matter is, not everyone wanted Act 6 to be nerfed & story content to get easier as time went on.
    However, just because a small group of players feel that way, it doesn't mean that's what is best.
    For the overall health of the game - I agree with the current trajectory of Story content & the way that Necropolis was designed. I don't think anybody should be locked out of any mainline content, and it should be realistically achievable by anybody without too much stress.

That's what I think so many people are missing here - these challenges are there for the players who miss ranking specific Champions for different very difficult challenges. For the insane handsome bald people who enjoyed doing pre-nerf 6.2 itemless, and would grind arena for Champions to rank to finish a random lane in 6.2.4, instead of popping a single Revive that expires in 25 minutes.

I guarantee you, I know enough about the game & the player base to come up with over 50 challenges that are meant for everybody - and if I'm asked to design an objective in that style, you could feel comfortable betting your net worth on it being attainable by the entire community.
    That's not what this objective was for.

Specific Rank Up Gems for those characters would have been a solid idea, it's not something I thought of at the time. Hindsight is 20/20, looking back at it I should have pushed for that, but it didn't cross my mind based on who the challenge was geared toward. As time goes on, those resources are only going to get more & more common, and i hope when that time comes, you dip your toes into the quests.
    I see where you are coming from on some of this. I have been working on them. I thought the plan was to have hard content for the top 1%, this is the first im hearing that it is meant to be hard and for players that miss ranking up specific (ie unwanted) champs. I think the biggest problem is the amount of rank ups needed, even rank 3. Besides the catalyst, everyone knows about the gold/iso drought. There is 9 champs besides stark spidy in these challenges, and only a couple that players might already have ranked up (obviously some people have random rank ups too). If you add up all the catalyst/gold/iso/gems/etc along with the revives/units and compare them to the rewards, its kinds MEH. And I do agree that these challenges should cost revives, in some cases many revives. I diddnt mean to get you worked up, Just echoing the community at large, and giving my insights on possible fixes/changes in future content.

Motorola said:

Motorola said:

Rasilover said:

I dont disagree with most of this, my main question is did the fact that players would have to rank up MANY UNWANTED champs ever come up as a possible problem, or is that something that you thought would be fun for players, or was it just something overlooked?
    Assuming you're referring to the Avengers challenge - I actually did most of the testing there with Rank 3 Champions, and I think Iron Dude at Rank 4.

I keep seeing "who wants to Rank 5 these Champions?!?!?!" being thrown around.
    Gauntlet was released before Rank 4's even existed.

I was going to leave Widow & Ant-Man at rank 3, but I decided to take them to Rank 4 as a souvenir for the challenge. There's nothing that can't be done with them at Rank 3.

To the players that this challenge was geared towards, taking those Champions to rank 3 would not be much of a burden at all. If you're still in the stage of the game where rank 3 resources for 6 stars are scarce, it might not be time to tackle it yet - and that's 100% okay, and also why it's permanent. The hope is that over time, players will have a 2>3 gem in their overflow, not know where to use it, and have a reason to toss it into Thor.

There's a group of players that miss the need to rank specific Champions to get through challenge content.
    The truth of the matter is, not everyone wanted Act 6 to be nerfed & story content to get easier as time went on.
    However, just because a small group of players feel that way, it doesn't mean that's what is best.
    For the overall health of the game - I agree with the current trajectory of Story content & the way that Necropolis was designed. I don't think anybody should be locked out of any mainline content, and it should be realistically achievable by anybody without too much stress.

That's what I think so many people are missing here - these challenges are there for the players who miss ranking specific Champions for different very difficult challenges. For the insane handsome bald people who enjoyed doing pre-nerf 6.2 itemless, and would grind arena for Champions to rank to finish a random lane in 6.2.4, instead of popping a single Revive that expires in 25 minutes.

I guarantee you, I know enough about the game & the player base to come up with over 50 challenges that are meant for everybody - and if I'm asked to design an objective in that style, you could feel comfortable betting your net worth on it being attainable by the entire community.
    That's not what this objective was for.

Specific Rank Up Gems for those characters would have been a solid idea, it's not something I thought of at the time. Hindsight is 20/20, looking back at it I should have pushed for that, but it didn't cross my mind based on who the challenge was geared toward. As time goes on, those resources are only going to get more & more common, and i hope when that time comes, you dip your toes into the quests.
    I didn't mean to get you worked up, Just echoing the community at large, and giving my insights on possible fixes/changes in future content.
    You didn't get me worked up at all! Nothing you said here was viewed poorly by me, in the slightest.
    The question sparked me wanting to get some of my own thoughts on the situation out as well 🙂
    OK cool, either way thanks for taking the time to make them.
  • IllusionaryIllusionary Member Posts: 43

Rasilover said:

The war global made me hate war, but you might make me quit. I assume it’s payback for the wilson jokes, so fair enough lol

Let's ride!
    Completely unrelated, but I'm curious: seems like the Broncos are moving on from Wilson, so would you rather get Kirko Chainz, move up in the first round to try grabbing one of the 'stud QBs', or try to draft and develop someone that falls to the 3rd?
  • Karatemike415Karatemike415 Member, Administrator, Content Creators Posts: 724 Content Creator

Rasilover said:

Let's ride!
    Completely unrelated, but I'm curious: seems like the Broncos are moving on from Wilson, so would you rather get Kirko Chainz, move up in the first round to try grabbing one of the 'stud QBs', or try to draft and develop someone that falls to the 3rd?
    @Illusionary Kirk would be a great option in Sean's system, but there's no way we have the cap space for that.
    With such a rich QB class this draft, if there's a guy that the staff really falls in love with, I think they have to figure out a way to move up and grab him. I have a feeling it's going to end up being JJ McCarthy.
  • TheShinyDomeTheShinyDome Member Posts: 185 ★★

Whoa, 13-paged thread for all this and all that, the fact is---do the challenges if you enjoy the process, have fun if you can, and the rewards aren't that bad. Don‘t do it if you dont enjoy doing these challenges-- that's self torture.
    At the end of the day this is just a game. What's the point of "gamebreaking" rewards when you can play with ur favourite marvel characters and have fun?
    People are forgetting the point of this game.
    @Karatemike415, good job at designing these cool challenges :wink:

This came across very wholesome to me and I appreciate that and agree. If it's not fun, then move on from it. We should be enjoying ourselves here.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,829 ★★★★★

Avnish said:

I would love to play WOW... don't want to waste so many revievs for just 7* crystal and that 7* selector...after 2-3 month these will be outdated...will do these when I have nothing left to do...with revive orr they are going to expire...

For now WOW is much bigger thing than these garbage reward..

And offcourse these objectives and garbage rewards not on the lagacy, karatemike, fintech..they just did their thier part..m

If we talk about fintech objective i have to complete EOP all 16 annoying defender and then Thanos with jabari and tigra...I don't even know how much resources it will cost me..for single objective then i will get 5k 7* shards...

What a joke...

The game will always have extremely difficult content, just like there always has been. Realm of Legends was completed with 3 and 4-Star Champions with extremely basic abilities. ....
    Not meaning to take part of your statement and make too much of it....

But doesn't KararateMike's challenge required is to do that, too?

The original Avengers; or at least those who haven't been reworked..

Black Widow (one ability - Subtlety)
    Thor (one ability - Armour Break)
    Iron Man
    Hawkeye
    xLunatiXx said:

Rasilover said:

I think the problem lies in the rewards. And if not, it's the difficulty or who it is targeted for. One or the other, or a combination of both.

Want to create a challenge for the 0.1% ? (I keep seeing 1% but it's less than that)
    Fine. Give them a profile pic or emote, like we got grief incarnate. Nobody complained about this piece of content, yet it was released for the 0.1%. I went for it myself when I had nothing else to do, I knew what I was going for, nothing but a flex profile pic. You just released this challenge in this specific piece of content which had just a profile pic attached and added shards and a part of the selectors. Hence modifying the purpose of this specific content, from optional and just for a PFP to a bit more than just that.
    Like someone said, CCP don't wait for in-game challenges to create their own. If you need a little extra, I think PFP, emotes or titles is where it's at.

Want to give unique set of rewards such as a unique 7 star champ selector ? Fine. But don't lock it behind the 0.1%. While they are not game breaking champs, they are still quite good. And outside of meta relevance, they may be someone favorite marvel character.

This challenges landed somewhere in the middle, in a grey zone, not good enough rewards to motivate the largest and justify the pain, too good to be seen as optional (while there is nothing in this game that can be considered optional, I mean the game in itself is so I find it silly to use that argument, I consider PFP, titles and emotes to be optional).

So a piece of advice for future challenges, fix the rewards or fix the target. Or a bit of both.
    I think if the rewards have landed in a grey zone, that sounds ideal.

This is insanely difficult content; and I've no plans to try Mike's or Fintech's. I've started casually ranking up Sparky, though...

One perspective is that: what you want gated behind difficult challenges needs to be not worth the effort. If it's sufficiently rewarding to do, then the pressure to do it (and keep up/get ahead) is real.

I don't want that kind of pressure. For a challenge like this, I want the rewards to be something I can safely ignore.

If the rewards aren't worth it, but do have some kind of value to getting them (a solid but not God-tier attacking champion, for example) then that sounds about right.
  • TheNepperTheNepper Member Posts: 24

I just want to bring up a point. Getting catalysts for 6* r3s are not an issue for ages now (100+ t5b, t2a are always in my overflow). The main problem lately for me why I try to carefully rank up champs is gold and iso.

I am not tip-top 0.01%, but consider myself endgame player. My roster always feel behind just because I highly ever buy any offers or units and don't grind arena too much - it is fine though, it is my choice how much I spend/engage. My point is not about whether I should go for the avenger challenge or not - but I think there are other valiant players out there in my shoe. It would be nice if players could come to gold/iso a bit easier in the future.