**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Symbiote Supreme Bugs

Comments

• I think I'll make a quick video every month or so just to re-up each of these bugs. Here's one, and interestingly I parried and did not get the stagger when 2 stacks of the shield mode were active but got the stagger when only 1 stack was active. However, other times (see my first video above) the number of stacks doesn't matter. Just tossing info out here.

https://youtu.be/sO8SblY2Rg8
  • Jake12345Jake12345 Posts: 14

Hey there @becauseicant, sorry to hear about that. Would you happen to have any footage of Null's Shadow not applying a Stagger with a well-timed block or the issues you described with his SP3? If not, would you be able to let us know any specific game modes this has happened in or opponents you can remember this happening against?

Thanks for looking into this. This issue happened to me again today.

ROL against Winter Solder. I was in Null's Shadow and multiple parries did not apply a Stagger. Sometimes a stagger was applied, but not on every parry.
  • Intriguingly, SS nullifies and deals damage to red skull properly.

https://youtu.be/QfjfRBoeLTE
  • MetaphorUraniumMetaphorUranium Posts: 83
    edited August 2019
    @drzola out of curiosity, have you been testing against the Venom in 4.3.6? I just did, and he did something weird. First frame, he gains the quickest single armor up, which is immediately nullified, then he instantly procs and physical resist and then another shield, then another.

Another problem: I run mystic dispersion at 4/5. You'll see my SS gained power from his having entered Cython's Cunning, but none from the MD.

edited August 2019
    As I read Venom's abilities, he starts the fight with one buff due to his regular abilities, or two buffs at the start with a chance to start the fight with three if duped. So whatever he starts with, 2 or 3 buffs, should all get nullified by SS. However, it appears Venom is gaining the original buff contemplated by his normal ability, but any additional buffs he should gain simultaneously from his sig ability is being added split seconds after the first, so SS's nullify doesn't catch the other two.

"To start the fight" seems pretty clear to me, that these three buffs are simultaneous at the start of the fight.

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,456 ★★★★★

@drzola out of curiosity, have you been testing against the Venom in 4.3.6? I just did, and he did something weird. First frame, he gains the quickest single armor up, which is immediately nullified, then he instantly procs and physical resist and then another shield, then another.

Another problem: I run mystic dispersion at 4/5. You'll see my SS gained power from his having entered Cython's Cunning, but none from the MD.

This gets back to my earlier question: does MD work correctly with SymSup?

Dr. Zola
    edited August 2019
    I think it seems to be working during the fight, although I need more testing to confirm that (I so far only ran a full fight against ROL Juggs and it worked as expected). But it doesn't work at the beginning of the fight, or at least not all the time.
  • So when I attack with Venom into a SS, Venom's buffs don't happen until later in the fight, just before I parry SS. So nothing gets nullified because AI SS's Cython's Cunning is already active, I guess. It's wrong coding, clearly, and is tied to when the champ, different for attackers vs. defenders, get their start-of-fight buffs applied. But it's not consistent, so it's clearly also champ specific. It's just inconsistent coding.

• Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

The game team is currently still looking into these. Once we have more information to share, we'll update everyone here.

July 30th was the last mod presence in this discussion. @Kabam Zibiit can you verify one thing at least. Stagger via parry. Is it increased BY 100% or TO 100%? This should be easy to verify and give a solid response too. If it’s a simple wording issue I am sure some of us can live with that. But if it is supposed to be TO 100% then we have shown proof enough to get at least that moved to “know”
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Any kind of update would be greatly appreciated. I miss using my symbiote supreme. I stopped using him because i dont know what to expect in the matches. I would love to see him fixed or the wording changed so we have an idea of what to expect in a match. Thanks for your time.

Thanks for your post @Liss_Bliss_ . it drives me crazy that it appears like kabam is ignoring this problem. Just some updates that somethinf is happening to try and resolve this problem would go a long way. It shouldnt take 10 months to get this moved to a known issue.
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike Can you please also make the team aware of the issue with parrying after his second medium attack? The animation or recovery frames on his second medium attack makes the parry window extremely small compared to other champions in the game. After years of playing this game players have learned the rhythm and timing for when to parry very well so I can say confidently that something is off with his last attack.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    humzah217 said:

Hey Summoners,

We wanted to give an update on some of the issues raised here.

In the next game update we’ll be updating the description of Null’s Shadow to clarify that well-timed Blocks trigger Stagger with a 50% chance. Despite the error in the description, this is the percentage chance that is intended for Symbiote Supreme.

After many back and forth conversations and tests, we had to make the decision to keep it as it is now, which is 50%. Any higher percentage would make Symbiote Supreme much more powerful than he already is in this area, which is not something that this Champion needs. We apologize for the confusion caused by this description error.

With relation to Nullify not dealing damage at the beginning of a fight, this an issue that the team is still investigating to work toward a resolution. We have been able to reproduce it, but the solution is a complicated one with many knock-ons to other Abilities. While we are looking at this, it is not something that will be resolved in the next update. We appreciate your patience with relation to this is

Well... they nerfed symbiote supreme

@humzah217 Actually they haven’t. If he was never supposed to have a 100% chance to apply, and from video footage he wasn’t getting that, then this is actually a buff to his current wording.

We have had thoughts that TO was supposed to be BY that would have made it 30%. But now since it’s going to be 50% that’s an increase.

So I ask you. If NOTHING is changing to the champion but the wording, How is that a nerf?
This discussion has been closed.