**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Symbiote Supreme Bugs

Comments

• NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    @NOOOOOOOOPEEEEE if they are getting mixed results testing they KNOW there is some kind of problem. Therefore it shouldnt take almost 9 months to add this to the known bugs and problems section. They know there is a problem. It looks bad on kabams part when a bug to Cull that saves ppl units because of his increased damage gets a quick resolution. SS that costs ppl units is not only still ongoing they cant even admit it is a known problem to warn ppl. This thread was started in October. It shouldn't take 9 months to test and realize there is an issue that needs to be fixed.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,456 ★★★★★

Bug Summary as of July 23rd, 2019:
    1) Stagger is not triggering on parry 100% of the time during Null's Shadow
    2) Nullify at the beginning of battle is inconsistent. Sometimes it does damage, sometimes it just removes the enemies buffs, and sometimes it doesn't trigger at all.
    3) Short back dash is leading to players getting clipped by attacks and specials they can normally use dexterity to avoid.
    4) Extended animation on his second medium attack makes parrying afterwards inconsistent. The animation needs to be sped up a bit to match the parry window after the recovery frames.

Excellent recap. All should be acknowledged, noted, and addressed in next update. :D

Dr. Zola
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★

2) Nullify at the beginning of battle is inconsistent. Sometimes it does damage, sometimes it just removes the enemies buffs, and sometimes it doesn't trigger at all.
    3) Short back dash is leading to players getting clipped by attacks and specials they can normally use dexterity to avoid.
    4) Extended animation on his second medium attack makes parrying afterwards inconsistent. The animation needs to be sped up a bit to match the parry window after the recovery frames.

Keep in mind that the inconsistencies with some of these bugs make it much harder to solve so remember to have as much patience as possible until it gets fixed.
    DrZola said:

Keep in mind that the inconsistencies with some of these bugs make it much harder to solve so remember to have as much patience as possible until it gets fixed.

Here’s a post from December 2018 (nearly 8 months ago) citing at least two of the items mentioned above.

I would say we have been ridiculously patient...

Dr. Zola
    You gotta keep in that before they fix a bug they have to figure out the cause. And with these interactions behaving inconsistently it makes it exponentially harder to figure out the cause. I get it that irs been going on for awhile but not every bug can be fixed within desirable times.
    edited July 2019

DrZola said:

Here’s a post from December 2018 (nearly 8 months ago) citing at least two of the items mentioned above.

I would say we have been ridiculously patient...

Dr. Zola
    You gotta keep in that before they fix a bug they have to figure out the cause. And with these interactions behaving inconsistently it makes it exponentially harder to figure out the cause. I get it that irs been going on for awhile but not every bug can be fixed within desirable times.
    I agree with you that some things are simpler than others.

But the inconsistent behavior—especially as it relates to champ-specific instances with Chthon’s Cunning not nullifying/nullifying buffs at fight start—should actually make it easier to discern what causes the difference. That’s at least a beginning.

As for everything else, if making champs that behave predictably and as described (in both the champion description and the Dev notes themselves) within the existing game framework is beyond their coders, then perhaps the game team should be restricted to making champs with abilities that can fit within a simple 100-word description like the early generation characters?

Bear in mind, too, that this hasn’t even been elevated to bug status yet, nor has there been a response since July 5.

Dr. Zola
    Jestress said:

I'm with Zola on this one. 8 months is patient. No word of any progress.

I mean if they don't have info to give how do you expect them do just that.
    Jestress said:

Jestress said:

I'm just thinking back to times when they said that they would be more transparent with things like this. Seems like they've fallen back into old habits is all.
    You realize this doesn't refute the point I made right?
    Jestress said:

Jestress said:

Jestress said:

I'm just thinking back to times when they said that they would be more transparent with things like this. Seems like they've fallen back into old habits is all.
    What makes you think I'm here to refute or debate? I'm saying I agree with Zola.

How hard is it for them to say "we have confirmed he is not functioning as intended and we have a team working on it"?

You have your opinion, we have ours.
    ... That's what they have done already.

We are still looking into the issues mentioned here but there is no new information to share at this time.

Right here they are looking into it
  • CarossyCarossy Posts: 1,547 ★★★
    Hi everyone I just wanted to share with all of you something that happened to me while I was doing dungeons, well I was with my SS and my miniboss was Iceman, I thought "this is going to be easy" I entered the fight, nullified his ice shield or that and then I kept stagging my nullifies and then when his shield was supposed to be nullified, this happened.

As you can see he has True Strike and 50% less cost sp, I see his armor regenerating but when I did parry, he just purified it, he's not supposed to have 2 ice armors or that thing, someone have any idea of what happened here?
    edited July 2019
    Carossy said:

Hi everyone I just wanted to share with all of you something that happened to me while I was doing dungeons, well I was with my SS and my miniboss was Iceman, I thought "this is going to be easy" I entered the fight, nullified his ice shield or that and then I kept stagging my nullifies and then when his shield was supposed to be nullified, this happened.

As you can see he has True Strike and 50% less cost sp, I see his armor regenerating but when I did parry, he just purified it, he's not supposed to have 2 ice armors or that thing, someone have any idea of what happened here?

I believe the true strike and power gain buffs are passive, which means they don’t get nullified (which, in my opinion, is a weenie way to get around nullify champs, but it is what it is and has been that way for a long time).

As for Ice Armor, I’m not sure—was there a stagger active when his Ice Armor reformed? It looks like you are on Set’s Fangs blessing, not Null’s Shadow blessing. Null’s Shadow is the blessing stage that puts a stagger on parried opponents.

Plus what @SquishyjrThe_4TH says above—also possible.

Forgive me if I’ve misunderstood the question.

Dr. Zola
  • CarossyCarossy Posts: 1,547 ★★★
    DrZola said:

Carossy said:

I believe the true strike and power gain buffs are passive, which means they don’t get nullified (which, in my opinion, is a weenie way to get around nullify champs, but it is what it is and has been that way for a long time).

As for Ice Armor, I’m not sure—was there a stagger active when his Ice Armor reformed? It looks like you are on Set’s Fangs blessing, not Null’s Shadow blessing. Null’s Shadow is the blessing stage that puts a stagger on parried opponents.

Dr. Zola
    Actually after Set's blessing, I kept stagging my nullifies and his armor was still there even though I nullified it I had like 4 or 3 staggs on him, yes true strike and power gain are passive so I knew they wouldn't be able to be nullified.
    Carossy said:

DrZola said:

Carossy said:

Dr. Zola
    Actually after Set's blessing, I kept stagging my nullifies and his armor was still there even though I nullified it I had like 4 or 3 staggs on him, yes true strike and power gain are passive so I knew they wouldn't be able to be nullified.
    Sounds strange. But SymSup appears to have some problems, so nothing sounds that strange where he’s concerned anymore.

If you have a clip of it when it occurs again, it would be helpful to understand precisely what happened. Stagger should cancel Ice Armor, right?

Dr. Zola
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
    We need an actual update. "We are looking into it" is not a valid update on the status.

Tell us what concrete steps have been taken.

Move symbiote supreme and all his bugs onto the known issues list.

Give us an estimated timeline. If you do not have a timeline, tell us that.

Tell us what steps you are looking towards next.

If you have enough information on the bug but can't replicate it, tell us and we will give you the information.

There is so much more that can be done communication wise. Right now the impression that is being given is that this is literally at the bottom of the pile in terms of priority, and players have to just suck it up and deal with a champion not working as intended and as was sold to us.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,534 ★★★★★

Jestress said:

Jestress said:

Jestress said:

What makes you think I'm here to refute or debate? I'm saying I agree with Zola.

How hard is it for them to say "we have confirmed he is not functioning as intended and we have a team working on it"?

You have your opinion, we have ours.
    ... That's what they have done already.
    Noooope; they have not. None of the SS issues put forth in this 8 month old thread are listed among the known bugs and they haven't said he isn't working as intended.

According to the second post in this thread it is dated way back in October. That's almost 10 months and nothing has changed yet. It shouldn't be taking this long to acknowledge there is a problem. Since they merged multiple threads i think the oldest didnt end up being first. Just wanted to point out that it has almost been a year and they have only stated they are still looking into it. How long should it take to realize something isnt right with SS???
    @PeterQuill that is up to you. Personally I am hesitant of even taking my 5* up any higher since I have no idea if he will ever be as good as he was. I am waiting to find out what is going on with him before spending any more resources on a broken champ
This discussion has been closed.