**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Symbiote Supreme Bugs

Comments

• CarossyCarossy Posts: 1,547 ★★★
    DrZola said:

Carossy said:

DrZola said:

Carossy said:

Hi everyone I just wanted to share with all of you something that happened to me while I was doing dungeons, well I was with my SS and my miniboss was Iceman, I thought "this is going to be easy" I entered the fight, nullified his ice shield or that and then I kept stagging my nullifies and then when his shield was supposed to be nullified, this happened.

As you can see he has True Strike and 50% less cost sp, I see his armor regenerating but when I did parry, he just purified it, he's not supposed to have 2 ice armors or that thing, someone have any idea of what happened here?

I believe the true strike and power gain buffs are passive, which means they don’t get nullified (which, in my opinion, is a weenie way to get around nullify champs, but it is what it is and has been that way for a long time).

As for Ice Armor, I’m not sure—was there a stagger active when his Ice Armor reformed? It looks like you are on Set’s Fangs blessing, not Null’s Shadow blessing. Null’s Shadow is the blessing stage that puts a stagger on parried opponents.

Plus what @SquishyjrThe_4TH says above—also possible.

Forgive me if I’ve misunderstood the question.

Dr. Zola
    Actually after Set's blessing, I kept stagging my nullifies and his armor was still there even though I nullified it I had like 4 or 3 staggs on him, yes true strike and power gain are passive so I knew they wouldn't be able to be nullified.
    Sounds strange. But SymSup appears to have some problems, so nothing sounds that strange where he’s concerned anymore.

If you have a clip of it when it occurs again, it would be helpful to understand precisely what happened. Stagger should cancel Ice Armor, right?

Dr. Zola
    https://youtu.be/QHTXZk6y6pU
    Here's the video, in it you will see that has +20 to Armor and that's all, entering the fight it nullifies the armor and I started to stagg my nullifies after he regenerates his armor ice is when happens the bug, just look when it regens his armor, looks like is going crazy and after that I cant parry him, SS ability saved me from that one.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,456 ★★★★★
    Carossy said:

DrZola said:

Carossy said:

DrZola said:

Carossy said:

Hi everyone I just wanted to share with all of you something that happened to me while I was doing dungeons, well I was with my SS and my miniboss was Iceman, I thought "this is going to be easy" I entered the fight, nullified his ice shield or that and then I kept stagging my nullifies and then when his shield was supposed to be nullified, this happened.

As you can see he has True Strike and 50% less cost sp, I see his armor regenerating but when I did parry, he just purified it, he's not supposed to have 2 ice armors or that thing, someone have any idea of what happened here?

I believe the true strike and power gain buffs are passive, which means they don’t get nullified (which, in my opinion, is a weenie way to get around nullify champs, but it is what it is and has been that way for a long time).

As for Ice Armor, I’m not sure—was there a stagger active when his Ice Armor reformed? It looks like you are on Set’s Fangs blessing, not Null’s Shadow blessing. Null’s Shadow is the blessing stage that puts a stagger on parried opponents.

Plus what @SquishyjrThe_4TH says above—also possible.

Forgive me if I’ve misunderstood the question.

Dr. Zola
    Actually after Set's blessing, I kept stagging my nullifies and his armor was still there even though I nullified it I had like 4 or 3 staggs on him, yes true strike and power gain are passive so I knew they wouldn't be able to be nullified.
    Sounds strange. But SymSup appears to have some problems, so nothing sounds that strange where he’s concerned anymore.

If you have a clip of it when it occurs again, it would be helpful to understand precisely what happened. Stagger should cancel Ice Armor, right?

Dr. Zola
    https://youtu.be/QHTXZk6y6pU
    Here's the video, in it you will see that has +20 to Armor and that's all, entering the fight it nullifies the armor and I started to stagg my nullifies after he regenerates his armor ice is when happens the bug, just look when it regens his armor, looks like is going crazy and after that I cant parry him, SS ability saved me from that one.
    Yep. That looks weird. When you parry him and when you stagger him, he should lose Ice Armor. But it looks like the Armor node somehow prevents that from happening after the outset. I don’t think that should happen, but I may be missing something.

This looks like a combination bug—one that involves SymSup’s stagger and one that involves Iceman’s Ice Armor. And I will add that dungeons typically have some pretty sketchy coding in my experience as well—it’s like there is literally no testing to see how things work together.

Dr. Zola
  • CarossyCarossy Posts: 1,547 ★★★
    Idk what happened there, it makes me doubt if SS is worth to rank up with all this bugs.
    @Carossy I had a similar thing happen in arena against Blade today. Shouldn’t staggers built up on the opponent nullify buffs when they appear?

At most points I had 2-3 staggers running on Blade. But he still managed to regen through them.

Why? Not sure I have an answer, other than perhaps the game team is afraid to admit it doesn’t know how to fix him in a way that won’t change him materially from how he was marketed, thereby justifying rank downs.

Dr. Zola
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

@Carossy I had a similar thing happen in arena against Blade today. Shouldn’t staggers built up on the opponent nullify buffs when they appear?

At most points I had 2-3 staggers running on Blade. But he still managed to regen through them.

Why? Not sure I have an answer, other than perhaps the game team is afraid to admit it doesn’t know how to fix him in a way that won’t change him materially from how he was marketed, thereby justifying rank downs.

Dr. Zola

You realize that staggers only prevents buffs right? It won't stop Blades regen because he doesn't get a regen buff.

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

You realize that staggers only prevents buffs right? It won't stop Blades regen because he doesn't get a regen buff.
    You’re 100% right—my mistake. Been testing which circumstances and champs tend to produce the SymSup bugs. There are so many weird interactions that don’t seem to make a ton of sense. But that post got fired off without being fully thought through.

Dr. Zola
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
    I had made a comment about the iceman bug but it seems to have been deleted? Not sure what happened to it. I had said that the Iceman bug was happening when he gains armor ups from a node like aggression:armor which sometimes makes his ice armor reform instantly again and again. Not really a SS issue, more of an Iceman bug I think.

I had also said it was getting hard to stay motivated posting about these kinds of issues because of how long it takes for things to get acknowledged or fixed (if they ever do). Without everyone else's support keeping this thread bumped I would've given up a long time ago so thanks to you guys.

Even with the bugs I still love the champion and play him all the time I just wish he was consistent with the other champions in the game. His parry timing after his second medium not working like all the other champs in the game is honestly bugging me the most. In this game having precise control over your champion very important but he just feels off and it sucks that it makes me want to shelf him (even as a R2 6*!).
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
    @Kabam Zibiit is he functioning as intended or not? Simple question. If he is not, then it is a bug by definition.

In which case, why has this not been moved to the list of known issues? Even if you don't have a fix yet, at least we get to see that it has been acknowledged.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    I pulled SymSup 2 days ago. Been playing with him for a while. And I’m still noticing
    Well timed blocks not giving stagger
    Start of the fight not nullifying buffs/giving damage.

I went against venom in act 4 with him and had DS/CapIW synergy to give extra damage on nullify. No damage and buffs still on venom.
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    I don't know about other Sym Sup users, but it seems to me the bugs (by now so well documented, they should include them in his 'manual' and be done with it) occur more and more often. Especially the one where nullifying buffs at the start of the fight doesn't do any damage. I both noticed in alliance war, as well as in the new event quest. Also, the chance that a Parry actually nets me a stagger, seems to have gone down dramatically. Could just be a feeling, but I use SS a lot, especially because I run path three in alliance war (platinum three).
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    Are we going to get an update on nullshadow not placing staggers during well timed blocks? This thread has been open since December 2018 and keeps getting the same “we’re looking into it response” kinda seems like a canned response at this point
    edited August 2019
    Another question: can anyone who runs MD comment on how MD power gain actually works in game with SymSup and his passive power gain? Should his power gain increase when he nullifies buffs on his opponents? Or is the passive power gain all he gets?

I’m curious—always seems like I’m waiting on SymSup to gain power but Voodoo is a struggle to keep below Sp3. I’m willing to stipulate that I don’t completely get how SymSup and MD pair up.

Dr. Zola
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Another question: can anyone who runs MD comment on how MD power gain is supposed to work actually works in ame with SymSup and his passive power gain? Should his power gain increase when he nullifies buffs on his opponents? Or is the passive power gain all he gets?

I’m curious—always seems like I’m waiting on SymSup to gain power but Voodoo is a struggle to keep below Sp3. I’m willing to stipulate that I don’t completely get how SymSup and MD pair up.

Dr. Zola

It works the same way. If you nullify buffs with stagger or switching into your blessing nullifies buffs you get power. I run MD at 3 and it works pretty well if the opponent has 3+ buffs and you are at 100 genetic potential before you throw sp3.
    Werewrym said:

DrZola said:

Another question: can anyone who runs MD comment on how MD power gain is supposed to work actually works in ame with SymSup and his passive power gain? Should his power gain increase when he nullifies buffs on his opponents? Or is the passive power gain all he gets?

Dr. Zola

It works the same way. If you nullify buffs with stagger or switching into your blessing nullifies buffs you get power. I run MD at 3 and it works pretty well if the opponent has 3+ buffs and you are at 100 genetic potential before you throw sp3.
    Helpful to know. I tuned my MD down to L3 and find it to be just enough in most case. I need to video some SymSup fights to assure myself it is working. It feels like it doesn’t provide as much impact with SymSup, but that’s probably just perception.

Dr. Zola
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited August 2019

Helpful to know. I tuned my MD down to L3 and find it to be just enough in most case. I need to video some SymSup fights to assure myself it is working. It feels like it doesn’t provide as much impact with SymSup, but that’s probably just perception.

Dr. Zola
    I tried it at 5, and I also felt it benefits him way less than other mystics. So much less, in fact, I now run without MD. I don’t regularly use other mystics, and the small (perceived?) benefit wasn't worth investing so many points in the utility tree. Your mileage may obviously vary.

Dr. Zola
    I tried it at 5, and I also felt it benefits him way less than other mystics. So much less, in fact, I now run without MD. I don’t regularly use other mystics, and the small (perceived?) benefit wasn't worth investing so many points in the utility tree. Your mileage may obviously vary.

That’s helpful and sounds like my experience. I just figured his power bar would be going wild with MD and a buff heavy opponent. It doesn’t seem like it does though, but that’s purely anecdotal.

Dr. Zola
  • Just in case we need another video showing these bugs are still alive as of today, here is one showing failure to proc a stagger when parrying in shield mode (0:23) after it properly procced one at 0:19. Also, at start of fight, Dr. Voodoo's Regen was staggered and removed per SS ability, but no damage was dealt.

https://youtu.be/FKrzx6GKlEY
  • Jake12345Jake12345 Posts: 14

Hey there @becauseicant, sorry to hear about that. Would you happen to have any footage of Null's Shadow not applying a Stagger with a well-timed block or the issues you described with his SP3? If not, would you be able to let us know any specific game modes this has happened in or opponents you can remember this happening against?

This happened to me again today. Using Supreme in Versus against a Colossus. Multiple parry's during Null's shadow did not apply a stagger. Similar to the many videos posted above in this thread.
  • CainCain Posts: 559 ★★

The game team is currently still looking into these. Once we have more information to share, we'll update everyone here.

It’s still going on. To my knowledge Kang/Thanos team arena fights do not have masteries so this is as plain as it gets without nodes and masteries. You can see that on the Two parries, neither applies a stagger. Just trying to be helpful and constructive in this discussion to assist in the resolution. Any updates are appreciated even if it’s just, “They are still looking into it.”

Edit: Can’t figure out how to add video, it only lets me add pics. If a screenshot of the parry would help I can add it or forward the video to the support team, just let me know.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,534 ★★★★★
    Cain said:

The game team is currently still looking into these. Once we have more information to share, we'll update everyone here.

It’s still going on. To my knowledge Kang/Thanos team arena fights do not have masteries so this is as plain as it gets without nodes and masteries. You can see that on the Two parries, neither applies a stagger. Just trying to be helpful and constructive in this discussion to assist in the resolution. Any updates are appreciated even if it’s just, “They are still looking into it.”

Edit: Can’t figure out how to add video, it only lets me add pics. If a screenshot of the parry would help I can add it or forward the video to the support team, just let me know.
    You’d have to upload a video to YouTube and then post the link here on the forums.
This discussion has been closed.