**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Characters dashing in automatically after throwing a Sp3 [Merged Threads]

1234568»

Comments

• DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    Champs that I use sp3 for are dodging in for a attack and this causes me to get hit . Any update on a fix for this ?
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 624 ★★★

This issue will be resolved in the 23.1 update coming June 3.

• Fixed an issue where holding Block during a Special 3 Attack would cause Champion to not Block after the Special completed.

can you confirm it's the same bug?
    i have this issue even when i don't hold block (when i'm in "idle" mode for the 1-2 seconds that come after releasing "block")
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Yes, the changelog wording is just another way of describing the same issue discussed in this thread.
  • TMazeTMaze Posts: 21
    edited May 2019
    It’s happening with my Hyperion. After a special 3 he dashes in (whether I’m trying to block or not) and then I get wrecked and KO’ed. Please fix this costly bug
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    When in the patch notes it said ‘fixed an issue where blocking during a special 3 doesn’t cause the champion to be blocking after’ or something if that meaning, is that a fix to the current dashing in after a special 3 and getting punched right after a special 3 or is this a separate less known issue?
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

When in the patch notes it said ‘fixed an issue where blocking during a special 3 doesn’t cause the champion to be blocking after’ or something if that meaning, is that a fix to the current dashing in after a special 3 and getting punched right after a special 3 or is this a separate less known issue?

No, it is a separate well known issue where if you block while in an sp3 you come out not blocking, as it stated.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I’m wondering if it’s the s3 dash in though because it triggers the dash when you touch your side of the screen, so I was thinking that instead of blocking you dash, and that’s the issue being fixed
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    that very well could be included in the patch but I think they would have been clearer
  • SantaGulkSantaGulk Posts: 72
    The worst thing is that they claimed they had fixed it but it's still not well functioning. I tested it with Mister Sinister in latest update. Even if I was holding heavy during sp3, he just stood there doing nothing after sp3 animation. It's slightly better than throwing a light and hit nothing though...
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 885 ★★★★
    I ran about 10 test this also seems to be fixed 👍🏼
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    SantaGulk said:

The worst thing is that they claimed they had fixed it but it's still not well functioning. I tested it with Mister Sinister in latest update. Even if I was holding heavy during sp3, he just stood there doing nothing after sp3 animation. It's slightly better than throwing a light and hit nothing though...

Unfortunately this is still the problem

Sinister relies on charging a heavy coming out of the SP3

Kabam, please re-investigate this issue

Thanks
  • SantaGulkSantaGulk Posts: 72
    I wouldn't agree this has been fixed either.
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 885 ★★★★
    Show a video of this still happening after the update so they can see what's happening. I personally have tested several champs with over 30+ fights and it doesn't happen anymore.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Manup456 said:

Show a video of this still happening after the update so they can see what's happening. I personally have tested several champs with over 30+ fights and it doesn't happen anymore.

Please pass to game team:

This problem occurs on all champions exiting SP3 animation

If the opponent (defender) is in a parry/stunned state and the debuff is still on them when they exit the SP3 animation then the attacker is unresponsive to a heavy control/charge.

If the opponent (defender) is NOT in a parry/stunned state and there is no parry/stun debuff then the attacker CAN heavy attack/charge.

The debuff exiting the SP3 causes the attacker to not be able to charge a heavy

In the case of Sinister, it is critical that he can do this.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    The additional information posted here after the 23.1 update sounds like a separate issue so we'll keep it in a separate thread. This one will be closed out so as not to confuse the issue. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.