**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Characters dashing in automatically after throwing a Sp3 [Merged Threads]

Comments

• siam65siam65 Posts: 2
    I am facing the same problem.....but it was not fixed for a long time now....
  • ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    It sucks. Got me popped in aq with Angela. Threw a 3 and then she ran face first into imiw. It’s stupid.
  • jlamadisonjlamadison Posts: 274
    This happened so many times when playing through LOL over the weekend.
  • Ultimatesaber32Ultimatesaber32 Posts: 742 ★★
    happened twice against Nameless on my practice runs
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 624 ★★★
    @Kabam Lyra Are you planning any compensation for all the items we had to spend because of this bug?
    or should we just avoid fighting variant1, Vaiant2, Act6.1, AQ, AW, Event Quest...
    So far, the super-fast-auto-dash thing cost me so many items!!
  • Josegee2321Josegee2321 Posts: 52
    Been happening to me with Hyperion during war. Really surprised they haven't said anything.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 624 ★★★
    if they broke something by touching something that there was no reason to touch in the first place (sp3 of existing champs), they should be able to take responsibility for that and send compensation.
  • AraeArae Posts: 14
    @SiriusBreak - the fix for all chars after an SP3 is very simple in terms of programming by defining the base state post SP3. VERY simple.
  • If you say so. Interactions post S3 seem inconsistent. In my experience, anything inconsistent, or intermittent can prove to be a headache anywhere. What should be and what is are occasionally 2 different things.
  • AraeArae Posts: 14
    It would literally take a few lines of code to say "If SP 3 triggered = true, Then PC&NPC characters set to neutral stance at X and Y position, Z distance apart for 0.5 seconds after SP 3 complete." No charging in possible then, period.
  • noynoy Posts: 56
    Arae said:

It would literally take a few lines of code to say "If SP 3 triggered = true, Then PC&NPC characters set to neutral stance at X and Y position, Z distance apart for 0.5 seconds after SP 3 complete." No charging in possible then, period.

👏 👏 👏!
  • Arae said:

In an ideal world, yes. However what appears to work for 1 thing, could set in motion another issue. I'm not saying this wouldn't work, just being semi-pessimistic. One would hope they have someone that knows all this and could implement it. If it were that simple, wouldn't they have the Hotfix already? Maybe not. Maybe just too distracted elsewhere with other things. I cannot say one way or the other. I'm of the mind if it looks/sounds too easy, then there's something being overlooked. If it is that easy, welp... hopefully it's all rectified next update.
  • jnikolas92jnikolas92 Posts: 192 ★★★
    still nothing from Kabam? guess its safe to say we can all just kick rocks then.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,349 Guardian
    Known Issues Thread, Kabam has said that fix (and others) will be included with the next Update (June). It is something that needs an actual Update, and not something on server end that could just be put live automatically.
  • MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    Do we have a more specific date on this fix yet? June... what? This was identified and confirmed on April 2nd, 51 days ago. I am just wondering when we can expect the fix/next update so I can start using L3s without sweating. Thanks!
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    Madcat said:

Do we have a more specific date on this fix yet? June... what? This was identified and confirmed on April 2nd, 51 days ago. I am just wondering when we can expect the fix/next update so I can start using L3s without sweating. Thanks!

They need to check their balance sheet to see if it is time to fix it! ;)

All kidding aside, they have a *ton* of bugs, and it makes no sense that, if it is indeed fixed, that they don't release a fix immediately for everyone to test, instead of waiting for the next version of the game to come out, then we can see if it was actually fixed or not.

edited May 2019

This was not slotted to be fixed for 23.0, it'll be soon after this. We're sorry for the wait on it, but a fix is coming.

I think we are all just wanting to know what "soon" is, sadly, as the above was posted on April 25th. :'(
  • GurjitGurjit Posts: 29
    Had it been the other way around, say that after using an sp3 , the defender was stunned for the rest of fight , they would have probably fixed it the same day not wait for next update
  • dersewdersew Posts: 10
    I lost my Iceman vs Hyperion in aq map4 after sp3.
    Many thx.
  • synergy247synergy247 Posts: 306
    dersew said:

I lost my Iceman vs Hyperion in aq map4 after sp3.
    Many thx.

Happened to me with Magik in AW on AoN node sucks big time in final war of season. Let’s face it, the bug benefits Kabam as it forces more item use and resources spent which equals $$$. So not surprised it doesn’t get fixed until season end. Plus after Thanos Uncollected EQ
  • - There is an issue where holding block during Special 3 may cause a Champion to dash instead of block. This will be resolved in an upcoming update.

Which update will fix this? Is there an eta?
  • phantom0206phantom0206 Posts: 4
    I haven't seen this one reported yet, but a couple of updates ago we started seeing a bug that forces a player to dash in for an attack after sp3's. Initially, you could stop it by holding your block or swiping back. It's gotten worse and often uncontrollable. The problem is that when you dash in after an sp3, you usually get pounded and either lose a ton of health or die.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    This issue will be resolved in the 23.1 update coming June 3.

• Fixed an issue where holding Block during a Special 3 Attack would cause Champion to not Block after the Special completed.
    Any word on compensation for this nasty bug that definitely cost everyone a good chunk of units at least once in the last two months? Or is this just another one that the community is going to have to eat?
This discussion has been closed.