Update to Solo Events

1246711

Comments

  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,379 ★★★

    Tiger360 said:

    Wait...so people want something extra because they've been sitting on stockpiles? Lol.

    Most of us were under the assumption that when the crystals were updated we would be able to use the shards the we would currently spend on these crystals to buy the other ones. Lots of people have no reason to open these, as they don’t need XP or arena boosts, etc.

    They were planning to use the shards they had saved to buy the newer crystals, and are now finding out we can’t do that. Didn’t want extra.
    No one gave that impression. Let's stop and analyze this. Some Players haven't opened those Crystals in YEARS. They're sitting on millions of Shards. What do you think a flood of Sigs like that would do?
    Oh the economy of the game would just be in absolute shambles if those endgame players got their hands on some extra 4 star sig stones
    They're available to anyone Uncollected as well. Not just End Game. They also contain T2A Frags, 5* Sigs, among other things. People keep minimizing what an influx of things like that means, but I don't think they realize the effects. Rewards aren't just a random number stuck to a dart board. It all has to be balanced with a number of factors.
    Someone tell him that it will be like a >2% chance to get those 5* sigs, and it will probably be like 5 max, so 50 crystals for 5 5* sig stones is not too game breaking
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 3,368 ★★★★★
    Not sure why nobody's mentioned this yet. But it appears that an attack boost is featured in the milestones. Does this alternate with a health boost, or is it fixed?
  • DroidDoesDroidDoes Posts: 322 ★★
    To the mods, the 22-hour hero use event seems to be bugged. As stated in the descriptions, you’re supposed to get “bonus points based on the rarity level of the enemy defeated”; I was doing some EQ fighting, and while I did get the 4,375 points for winning a fight with a 6*, I did not get the points for the champion I defeated (was running Master, so should’ve been 2,000 points for defeating a 5*)
  • zeezee57zeezee57 Posts: 2,481 ★★★★★
    edited September 22
    Not off to a great start, cleared the first milestone of skill combat and hero use, no shards for the new crystal showing up in the crystal tab despite being part of the claimed rewards.

    For reference I opened all the lesser and greater solo crystals that were converted and restarted the app before claiming the milestones. So shouldn't be any mix ups between new and old crystals/shards.
  • TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 436 ★★★


    Shall i just pop all of these? 😆
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 25,273 ★★★★★
    Tiger360 said:

    Tiger360 said:

    Wait...so people want something extra because they've been sitting on stockpiles? Lol.

    Most of us were under the assumption that when the crystals were updated we would be able to use the shards the we would currently spend on these crystals to buy the other ones. Lots of people have no reason to open these, as they don’t need XP or arena boosts, etc.

    They were planning to use the shards they had saved to buy the newer crystals, and are now finding out we can’t do that. Didn’t want extra.
    No one gave that impression. Let's stop and analyze this. Some Players haven't opened those Crystals in YEARS. They're sitting on millions of Shards. What do you think a flood of Sigs like that would do?
    Oh the economy of the game would just be in absolute shambles if those endgame players got their hands on some extra 4 star sig stones
    They're available to anyone Uncollected as well. Not just End Game. They also contain T2A Frags, 5* Sigs, among other things. People keep minimizing what an influx of things like that means, but I don't think they realize the effects. Rewards aren't just a random number stuck to a dart board. It all has to be balanced with a number of factors.
    Someone tell him that it will be like a >2% chance to get those 5* sigs, and it will probably be like 5 max, so 50 crystals for 5 5* sig stones is not too game breaking
    How many Shards do you figure some people are sitting on, since they haven't opened them in years? Mafs is fun.
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 568 ★★★
    I'm absolutely LOVING the changes to point allocations for the 22hr and 7hr solos! Great experience thus far 👍



  • Just_grindingJust_grinding Posts: 33
    @Kabam Miike can you do trade-in crystals? For everyone who just got a ton of lesser solo and greater solo crystals (that we didn't want)? The change is great, but it would have been better if the old crystals hadn't been automatically converted or there was a way to upgrade them.
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 469 ★★★
    Why do we have 2 and 3 stars stuff in the cavalier rewards?

    Why no 6 star sig stones in cavalier rewards?

    How hard was it to just increase the 25 units to 50 units? And why not add a 40% revive on the final milestone? The 25 units and 20% revive are from 5 years ago you know


  • Dru_aDru_a Posts: 1
    Anybody else notice that the "bonus" points for hero use aren't adding up? I beat a 6* in duel with a 6*. That should get me 3125 + 2500, but I only got the 3125. Same happened in quest.
  • Dru_a said:

    Anybody else notice that the "bonus" points for hero use aren't adding up? I beat a 6* in duel with a 6*. That should get me 3125 + 2500, but I only got the 3125. Same happened in quest.

    Same to me.
  • jay_says_hijay_says_hi Posts: 22
    They’ll be mass converted into Solo and Greater Solo Crystals.

    Ok, but why? We weren't opening those crystals because we don't have any use whatsoever for what they contain. By forcing us to open them without giving us the ability to exchange for a resource we care about aren't you essentially acknowledging that you have been giving us no solo rewards for years? At least let us sell them for gold or something, cluttering my inventory with XP boosts and 3* sig stones would just be annoying. Currently I guess my plan is to just never pop them? Not sure why this approach was taken instead of just doing something that players might appreciate.
  • Ken1378Ken1378 Posts: 60
    Pretty underwhelming. Especially in the 7hr event. What do Cavalier players care about 2, 3, and 4-star sig stones? And the drop rates of the Supreme Solo Crystal aren’t great, either.
  • Slm
  • Dru_a said:

    Anybody else notice that the "bonus" points for hero use aren't adding up? I beat a 6* in duel with a 6*. That should get me 3125 + 2500, but I only got the 3125. Same happened in quest.

    Points are adding correctly now. Thanks for pointing it out here!
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,172 ★★★★★

    They’ll be mass converted into Solo and Greater Solo Crystals.

    Ok, but why? We weren't opening those crystals because we don't have any use whatsoever for what they contain. By forcing us to open them without giving us the ability to exchange for a resource we care about aren't you essentially acknowledging that you have been giving us no solo rewards for years? At least let us sell them for gold or something, cluttering my inventory with XP boosts and 3* sig stones would just be annoying. Currently I guess my plan is to just never pop them? Not sure why this approach was taken instead of just doing something that players might appreciate.
    where in that message does it say you have to open them? They are not forceing you to open them, they are converting them into a crystals so you cannot bulk buy the new crystals, giving everyone an equal start at them. You can let those old crystals continue to sit there if you like
  • Oesername123Oesername123 Posts: 236 ★★
    Love these changes. I can finally get some of my 5* champs to sig 200, albeit it will take months/years, at least it's attainable without having to pay or wait for years. This will also make me think twice about what I was planning to get on the mutant treasure island.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 2,168 ★★★★★
    As long as I won't be "rewarded" with useless XP boosts, I'll be happy. Haven't need those in two years.
  • zeezee57zeezee57 Posts: 2,481 ★★★★★

    I'm absolutely LOVING the changes to point allocations for the 22hr and 7hr solos! Great experience thus far 👍



    Did the crystal shards from the milestones go into your stored shards in the crystal tab? Mine haven't from the milestones I've claimed
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 382 ★★
    Very Very Very good upgrade to Solo events.
    Much thanks from a grateful summoner!!!
  • battleonebattleone Posts: 278 ★★
    I'm cavalier. I'm ecstatic with these changes. I'm certainly not expecting game changing stuff for using my heroes. I mean seriously what are you expecting 5 star awakening gems daily for playing the game? Yes I want 3 and 4 star sigs to keep these and new characters maxed for shard purposes. Yes I like keeping a 2 star stone in the 7 hour events. That is the foundation of your roster and shards flow up hill. I want Kabam to continue to make content using these characters and to still have the ability to have resources to work on them. I think the reward update is spot on and hope they update it current occasionally. They even changed 7 hour rank rewards to 100% of eligible people (from 20%) I mean you get a t4cc for being in the top 10% of daily 22 hour reward. How is that not great?
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 2,463 ★★★★
    MCOC Team said:



    First, while the number of points for doing a certain task will not change, as your progression level increases, the points required to achieve each milestone will as well. This should help less experienced Summoners achieve these milestones, and progress with a player as they move further in their journey.

    Wait so am I reading this right?
    Are they saying as your Story Progression Increase the Points Required to reach each Milestone will go Up as well?!
    If I read that correctly, Why???
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 25,273 ★★★★★

    MCOC Team said:



    First, while the number of points for doing a certain task will not change, as your progression level increases, the points required to achieve each milestone will as well. This should help less experienced Summoners achieve these milestones, and progress with a player as they move further in their journey.

    Wait so am I reading this right?
    Are they saying as your Story Progression Increase the Points Required to reach each Milestone will go Up as well?!
    If I read that correctly, Why???
    More advanced Players are more capable of putting up Points.
  • FineDogFineDog Posts: 262 ★★

    MCOC Team said:



    First, while the number of points for doing a certain task will not change, as your progression level increases, the points required to achieve each milestone will as well. This should help less experienced Summoners achieve these milestones, and progress with a player as they move further in their journey.

    Wait so am I reading this right?
    Are they saying as your Story Progression Increase the Points Required to reach each Milestone will go Up as well?!
    If I read that correctly, Why???
    Yes but the rewards also increase. So lower level players only need, like, x points to get y gold from a certain milestone, whereas cavalier players might need 5x points to get 5y gold (I'm just making these numbers up). I think the idea is to let low-level players hit all the milestones and progress faster than end-game players, which is in line with pretty much everything else in the Contest.
  • TheAngryOneTheAngryOne Posts: 68
    Appreciate the changes but it's not that impressive regarding rewards / drop rates and the fact that you auto converted existing shards...
  • Wozzy101Wozzy101 Posts: 519 ★★★
    edited September 22
    These are a really positive step forward. These crystals aren’t meant to be a silver bullet to catapult your account to the next level. Think they are really positive changes. Can the Alliance Crystals be updated. Just opened one and got this>>> When you’re level 60 you really never want to see one of these.

Sign In or Register to comment.