**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The difficulty increase is ridiculous

Comments

• Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★

Adding two cents as Paragon player who comfortably completed Cavalier monthly. TB content is definitely tuned up too high.

Clearing one chapter at a time. Currently on 2.1. I have had to use revives and pots three times already. Observe there is an #$$hole on every path. In 2.1 path starts out with two? Sasquatch and Korg. Have backed out three times and will save for the end. By the sounds of it...the end isn't pretty.

Had already expressed concerns to gamemates that the award structure did not make sense...removing r4 material from cav rewards in place of minor increase to TB. Given the significant difficulty increase in TB...Kabam definitely has missed the mark.

100% what I've done. About to finish 3.1 with no problems, dreading 3.2, and I've skipped that ridiculous sassy/Korg path for now.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

An incremental update on this topic.

The game team has continued to look into the changes in difficulty and the impact it's had on accounts at each difficulty level. They are considering changes but are trying to make sure the adjustments they would make would hit the sweet spot.

Overall, this will likely still result in an increase to each difficulty, but to a more palatable level. We should specify that being able to auto-run content is not a priority in these tunings. That doesn't mean you will be unable to do so, it just means it is not a guiding element.

Any changes to the difficulty tuning would require a mid-build update, which, to over-simplify, is fairly rare and will require some time and a particular process to implement.

Please continue to be patient as we reevaluate these changes.

Thanks for the update.
  • Options
    L1zardW1zardL1zardW1zard Posts: 144 ★★★
    Shamir51 said:

Maniek79 said:

5 6* R3 knocked out on uncollected, yeah "slightly " tuned lol 😂 Ok, I'm not a guy that analysing nodes for half an hour before hit f..ing uncollected difficulty. I'm done this month with EQ.

I totally agree that they overtuned it but I think you should be able to do it with that roster, I beat him with my 5
    Dshu said:

ESF said:

ESF said:

If it

ESF said:

ESF said:

ESF said:

OK. I went into Uncollected EQ, Chapter 1. Here’s the team I took:

Keep in mind, this is the Science Ascendancy quest — I am not getting the Attack boost. This is just me, just playing.

Rhino lane, 5/50 Professor X, so I can get the Mutant/X-Men Special Attack boost:

I lost Iceman to the Tigra, because of a dropped input. Just the truth. But it actually worked out OK because I could vulture another Persistent Charge for Professor X.

Next up: Drax. Took him solo with Professor X, picking up another Persistent Charge, but I forgot the photo.

Next up: Doctor Octopus, with, as you can see, a 3/30 Magneto:

Seriously: What are we even talking about, here?

Yes, it is more challenging. It is. About 80K-110K health pools.

But you can literally clear it with 4-stars! I didn’t even have the Science Ascendancy attack boost going — I shudder to think what a Scorpion or IHulk or IBom would do with a 30 PERCENT ATTACK BOOST.

Come on, people — I am not even a very good player. I have some skill and experience, but there are absolutely a ton of players who are better than me.

What are we even talking about, here?

You lost 60% health on a single fight against a Rhino and 20% on another one with Magneto against Doc Oc (#metal btw). Why don't you go fight the 25k Knull and 25k Sinister on UC 3.2 and see if you manage to even do those fights in one go each.
    More importantly, you think you're gonna take out a Zemo with a 200k health pool who crits through blocks, roots you just for hitting him and has protection with those champs and with that amount of health left? Don't even get me started on Absorbing Man's 210k health pool cause there ain't no way you're gonna outdamage his regen with those champs. You're right, what are we even talking about lmao you're delusional.
    So, i just want to try to understand this. Me beating the Doctor Octopus with a 3/30 Magneto doesn’t count?

Are you saying that UC cannot be cleared with 4-stars? No boosts. That’s totally fine. I certainly wouldn’t burn my Revive stash on this.

But I am just trying to make sure I understand what it is that you’re saying — you’re making the point that the five characters I grabbed couldn’t clear UC? Because that isn’t what I said.

Are you saying that 4-stars cannot clear UC? Because that is what I said, and I would either be right or wrong about that, but you saying “those champs” when I clearly wasn’t saying that I would use those five characters is disingenuous

Nope, what this means is that if you're losing 60% health per fight on the first quest from the EQ how exactly are you planning on clearing the rest of the path and the boss with no revives. Or even better, how are you planning on clearing the last chapter that has 23k-26k PI champs if you couldn't even beat a 13k one without losing any health? It's so easy according to you right? Lmao

Yes, UC can't be cleared without revives and boosts, the last two chapters at least. First can be done if you're good but last two are absolutely impossible because of the nodes and the health pools.

What you said? You literally said on that post that you can clear out the content with 4* even though the health pools are big, and before you pull the "I was being sarcastic" card you also told somebody else on this same thread to stop acting like the content can't be cleared with a developing roster. Furthermore, you sided with GroundedWisdom over here, someone who thinks the changes are fair and people need to "grow into them".
    Let’s find out, then — I am not the best player in the game. I wasn’t being sarcastic.

Here’s the bet: Nothing but 4-stars.

Parameters:

What I can do:
    I can use any 4-star.
    I can use health potions.

What I can’t do:
    I cannot use revives.
    I cannot use boosts.

The stakes:
    For you: Absolutely nothing. It will cost you nothing, if I can or can’t do it.

For me: If I can do it? I get nothing. Nothing at all.

If I can’t do it? I will close my Forum account. Won’t post here again.

So now, we’ll see — and please don’t come on here if I do it and say “how do I know you did,” because again: It’s costing you NOTHING. I don’t cheat. I am a solo player. I have never said that I am an elite player.

Either I can do it, or I can’t.

So we’ll see.
    You had me until you said "I can use health potions". You lost 60% health against a 13k Rhino guy how many health potions you gonna use per path 5? If you do the math that's more than 100 health potions to 100% the entire EQ. Using a ton of health potions to clear content is not viable nor is it worth it considering health potions aren't exactly cheap (garbage ones that give 10% or 20% health are for obvious reasons useless). Not to mention, you obviously have a well developed roster and will probably have counters for a couple hard fights, someone who just hit UC will not, so whether you can 100% the EQ or not doesn't matter because the newer players still won't be able to pull it off which is the entire problem with EQ right now.

The stakes: maybe you'll shut up and stop trying to argue against something that even Kabam Jax already acknowledged.

You may not be a cheater but you certainly are a liar, or at the very least someone who back tracks a lot. So, if you "do it" (without using a gazillion health potions), I'm still not gonna believe it lol and I doubt anyone on these forums will.
    If it can’t be done like you said, then what are you worried about?

It costs you nothing, either way
    It can be done with the right counters and taking the easiest paths. However, a player who doesn't have a developed roster will still not be able to do it because they won't have good counters, which is the entire problem here, you're so dense.
    So when people said “you can grow into the content,” what was incorrect about that?

That’s literally how some of us had to learn how to play the game — nobody gave some of us 4-stars, let alone 5-stars and 6-stars. There was no Autofight.

All I said was that UC could be cleared with 4-stars — which maybe I am wrong! You said it couldn’t be done! — but that doesn’t change the fact that there’s no law that anyone has to 100 percent every single piece of content every single minute of every single month.
    That the gap between a maxed out 4* and a maxed out 5* is huge you donut, and if they can't complete the EQ that "growing" is gonna be even slower.

Right, cause back then there weren't 6 champ rarities, there were only 5 so they have to allow lower players to progress quicker. Increasing the difficulty by 10 is how you don't do that. I don't think you understand how online video games that constantly receive updates work, and it's concerning.

Maybe not you, but UC players who are trying to get shards and materials (and obviously enjoy the game) have to be able to clear the EQ without having to spend 500 units on potions. You're so dense dude.
    You complain that it's not possible to do uncollected without health pots but having completed thronebreaker with only using 5 revives and around 20 health pots I would suggest you look at better rounding out your attack champs. Yes the health and attack pools are overturned but this sounds more like a poor me thread. Thronebreaker takes an average of 250-300 hits to drop an opponent. The nodes are much more punishing. The champ restrictions are much more limiting. You can easily die from chip damage and 1-2 combos from lag or dropped inputs. Its the equivalent of using 2 and 3*s in uncollected. Kabam Jax has already stated he is taking the tuning back to the game team. Use this eq as an opportunity to better your skills or learn new counters to opponents. Also another tip from a long term player energy is cheaper than pots and revives. Try different teams rather than just potting up and pushing through. Beyond that ignore this month's eq and focus on existing content to better your accounts champ options.
    It's the fact that most players achieve UC with 4*

That's not even close to being true. It was true way back when, but now people have maxed out 5* and even 6* at rank 2 and 3 are only just scrapping past The Collector.

Doesn't change the fact that I do believe that UC and lower EQ is a bit too over tuned this month.
    Not everyone, some people still do UC with 4*. I did it with r3 5* three months ago (same as maxed out 4*). You really just pulled that one out of nowhere with absolutely no data to back it up huh?
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hello Summoners!

Happy to report that changes to EQ and SQ difficulty tuning have been made in-game. As previously mentioned, you will still notice an adjustment to the difficulty but it should be much more approachable now.

Welp. I am happy for everyone because people are upset, which is their right.

But I had just finished Titania and was looking forward to taking down that Zemo and Absorbing Man, exactly as they were — and it was gonna happen TODAY.
  • Options
    Dave7099 said:

ESF said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hello Summoners!

Happy to report that changes to EQ and SQ difficulty tuning have been made in-game. As previously mentioned, you will still notice an adjustment to the difficulty but it should be much more approachable now.

But I had just finished Titania and was looking forward to taking down that Zemo and Absorbing Man, exactly as they were — and it was gonna happen TODAY.

This is the definition of you can't please eveyone

Run it with 4*s

That'll make it nice and hard
    I am running it with 4-stars. That’s why I was looking forward to it — some guy has spent the last two days telling people it can’t be done
  • Options
    ESF said:

Dave7099 said:

ESF said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hello Summoners!

Run it with 4*s

I am running it with 4-stars. That’s why I was looking forward to it — some guy has spent the last two days telling people it can’t be done
    I think you'll still have time. They said any revisions would take some time. FWIW.
  • Options
    DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

Dshu said:

Coppin said:

Jefechuta said:

Coppin said:

Wait a min... I saw a ton of brag posts flexing their banquet pulls... From players of all progressions.. even conquerors getting top notch 6* champs... Well put them to use...
    Yay i pulled god tier champs.. oh no content is hard!! Rofl..

Doesnt matter what you pull if you cant lvl him up, I have maybe 20 champs that are going between R2 and R3 but I dont have enough ISO or Gold for them
    That's hilarious cause a lot of people dealt with UC and Cav with 4* and 5*...
    Why don't you go take out that 42k Absorning Man with 4* and no potions or boosts and then you come back with your results buddy. After he refines his form he can literally one shot you through block lmao it's absolutely hilarious how delusional some of you are.
    You think a new UC player is gonna have good counters and be able to intercept the whole fight with no parries at all?
    2 points on this comical post.
    1 drive him to special 2 and you don't take that massive block damage.
    2 there are videos out that show people taking the thronebreaker Absorbing man with 3 and 4* champs.
    He is probably the fastest and easiest boss in this month's eq once you understand how he works.
    Keywords: "new UC players". +10 points on dyslexia.

You mean videos where Paragon level players are doing it? Yes if course THEY can do it, you're still however for some weird reason ignoring the fact that we are taking about UC PLAYERS you donut. Maybe if you spent majority of your day improving your reading comprehension skills you wouldn't be giving nonsensical responses like these and then patting yourself in the back thinking you did something.
    Oh poor uncollected players. Everyone weep for them because they have become uncollected on a nerfed game and never learned to evade or intercept or face huge opponents with underwhelmed options. The reason I refer to the thronebreaker difficulty is because you won't find content on YouTube of people doing uncollected. The point remains the same it's a huge opponent being beat by either a 3 or 4* champ. You are saying it can't be done in uncollected which is less than half the health of thronebreaker with the same options of 3 or 4*. Yes players are probably better at intercept or evade at higher levels. How do you think that happened? They played hard content. They went through act 4 monster juggs with unstoppable and crazy attacks. They went through act 4 venom when the best option was a 2* or 3* ronan and 1 parry was death. They fought through rol without all the shiny new champs. Man up and learn to fight harder content or skip it but please stop making excuses on why it can't be done. FYI just finished uncollected with 3*s and no pot usage. Not a brag but more curious what all the complaining was about. 3* void destroyed Absorbing man. 3* angela/ luke cagedefeated zemo no issues. 3* fury/hitmonkey/blade all took out titania. Is it harder than it should be? Absolutely. Can it be done and will it make you a better player? Absolutely.
  • Options

ESF said:

Dave7099 said:

ESF said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hello Summoners!

Run it with 4*s

I think you'll still have time. They said any revisions would take some time. FWIW.
    Believe me: I have made time for this
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Just so no one person in particular says I closed out Titania after the changes took place or took some easy lane or used Hercules or all the other excuses:

• Options
    Kabam Jax said:

Hello Summoners!

Happy to report that changes to EQ and SQ difficulty tuning have been made in-game. As previously mentioned, you will still notice an increase to the difficulty but it should be much more approachable now.

Seems much more palatable on first glance. Thanks Jax.
  • Options

Dude @Dshu we get it. You are super skilled. People who complain about difficulty aren't. Well done you. You don't need to post it again and again.

Never said I was super skilled. I come to the forum looking for tips tricks and counters. What do I find though? A bunch of complaints about the difficulty and how it can't be done. I acknowledge its overtuned but I also say it's still doable if you don't give up. Except it for what it is and embrace the challenge. Look for counters and tips. This forum has gone from being a place for game discussions to a place to complain about everything in game. My guess is most of those complaining were not around for the aegon eq where if you died once to him you may as well quit and restart. If you don't want to work to improve you are really going to hate act 6. Looking forward to hearing the cries to nerf the grand masterfight.
  • Options
    Dshu said:

Dude @Dshu we get it. You are super skilled. People who complain about difficulty aren't. Well done you. You don't need to post it again and again.

Never said I was super skilled. I come to the forum looking for tips tricks and counters. What do I find though? A bunch of complaints about the difficulty and how it can't be done. I acknowledge its overtuned but I also say it's still doable if you don't give up. Except it for what it is and embrace the challenge. Look for counters and tips. This forum has gone from being a place for game discussions to a place to complain about everything in game. My guess is most of those complaining were not around for the aegon eq where if you died once to him you may as well quit and restart. If you don't want to work to improve you are really going to hate act 6. Looking forward to hearing the cries to nerf the grand masterfight.
    Here’s the thing, because I have been doing this: The content I was clearing is roughly about 4,500 attack value, so far. That is tuned to around Act 5.2/5.3 or so. There is also maybe a 20K increase in the health pool, roughly.

So, IDK. There’s clearly a gap in how people see that — if you came up like we did, that’s not really a big deal. Because that’s what some of us were clearing with 4-stars and 5r3.

IDK, man. From the way people were talking, I was thinking these lanes were gonna have Masochism or some of the really nasty nodes and combinations. I still need to do the final two chapters so maybe those are there, waiting.

Up to now, though, it’s just been like clearing Act 5.
  • Options
    ADDIS0N said:

R2 6* Titania vs. Dormamu in Cav 3.2

ESF said:

IDK, man. From the way people were talking, I was thinking these lanes were gonna have Masochism or some of the really nasty nodes and combinations. I still need to do the final two chapters so maybe those are there, waiting.

There are indeed some annoying nodes in Cav and TB in the last two chapters, including masochism.
    LOL Of course there is. Man. That’s gonna be freaking tremendous

For real, though. Real talk: You know the nastiest fight/lane I have seen so far in Uncollected? It’s actually the “Easy” path in the Modok chapter — man, now that one, I understood completely why some people might be salty. That Ikaris to start it off is no freaking joke if you are coming at that with a 4-star
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Rewards are something that are looked at down the road. When you're looking at readjusting content, the first priority is to get it to where it needs to be. Otherwise you're looking at adjusting and adjusting them.
  • Options
    ESF said:

Dshu said:

Here’s the thing, because I have been doing this: The content I was clearing is roughly about 4,500 attack value, so far. That is tuned to around Act 5.2/5.3 or so. There is also maybe a 20K increase in the health pool, roughly.

So, IDK. There’s clearly a gap in how people see that — if you came up like we did, that’s not really a big deal. Because that’s what some of us were clearing with 4-stars and 5r3.

Up to now, though, it’s just been like clearing Act 5.
    I'm going to guess by the number of disagrees we have both received that there were a lot of participation trophies handed out to these players growing up. I agree it's no worse than act 5 but everything that taught us game mechanics up to act 5 has been nerfed into the ground and this is the resulting lack of game comprehension you get from it.
This discussion has been closed.