**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

BG is not fun this season, heres one reason why

Comments

• Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,988 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023

Nice to see people have to work for rewards and are not just handed down freebies.
    It's surprising people have to work for rewards.

Completely failed to grasp the point of the thread
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,498 ★★★★★
    The extra tiers are added to prepare for seeding, if Vibranium stayed the same. People who made it to GC this season and start at Plat1 in season 11 with seeding would get to GC too quick.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,376 ★★★★★
    Easy for who? They're going to be fighting among all of the GC.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,063 ★★★★★

Rohit_316 said:

7* have changed the course of the game . This is the 1st time i am struggling in any meta . I have a 3 mil account and matching with much higher opponents who have 7* r2s Hulk , Sunspot , Titania etc. Now either you can ban those 7* or ban annoying r4 6* . You will lose either way .

Another thing is that some champs animations while special attacks are long due to which by the time you remove 1 protection and do the damage , another one comes up and you end up doing like a 2k crit .

That's what's supposed to happen in a competitive ladder. If you're not as good as your opponents then you shouldn't advance.
    Right, but if Uru 3 and Uru 2 are completely empty then something's not right, 5k spots are empty basically lol. Nobody's talking about Cavs or TBs cause they definitely don't belong in GC, we're talking about the fact that because of those extra tiers and how quickly the game's economy has changed since the 4th of July deals, a lot of Paragons who don't have any r5s yet but have r4s only or r4s and r3s, couldn't even make it to Uru 3 or Uru 2 this season, that's why both tiers are still empty.
    Making it to the GC is an accomplishment and shouldn't be an expectation for those who aren't skilled enough.
    You're still talking as if only the top 100 players in the world can be in GC though, there are 12k spots in GC out of which only 7k are taken. GC is meant for strong players sure, but not exclusively for the best of the best Beroman level players cause if that was the case we wouldn't have 21 tiers and 12k spots.
    I just made it to Vibranium 2 the other day after playing 21 matches in a row (I am by no means a top Paragon player), this means if you grind enough you will make it to GC but right now it requires way too much grinding for a lot of players and that's the problem.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,063 ★★★★★
    Viper83 said:

I all hear is “carry me to GC! Although i dont have the roster or the skills i definitely deserve those GC rewards”.

And for you GW, its a shame an OG crying like this!

You realize most of us arguing on this thread are Paragons with r4s right? This has nothing to do with skills but with the fact that they made the grinding too much with the extra tiers.
  • Options
    kevhugokevhugo Posts: 138 ★★
    tbf i just despise protection nodes
  • Options
    Viper83 said:

I all hear is “carry me to GC! Although i dont have the roster or the skills i definitely deserve those GC rewards”.

And for you GW, its a shame an OG crying like this!

Literally not what anyone here is saying. That's the problem with these discussions. People feel the need to belittle the concerns other people are expressing because it doesn't fit their narrative.
    Also, I don't need your shame, so keep it. If I'm this passionate about something, there's probably a real problem there because I generally remain Switzerland with issues on here.
  • Options
    I've been passionate about War a long time. Not sure where you've been. I was passionate about content. AQ is not the same.
  • Options
    If that's some dig about the content I do, then you're not understanding what passion I'm talking about.
  • Options

If that's some dig about the content I do, then you're not understanding what passion I'm talking about.

Yeah you are right, there is no way you and I can be on the same page. There is a big difference between theory and execution.
  • Options
    We're not on the same page. I'm not in the business of calling people out as a way to make my points in a discussion, and I certainly don't have to be reductive.
  • Options
    BS. You're belittling the issues people are pointing out and categorizing them all based on your personal judgment.
  • Options
    KTPrimalKTPrimal Posts: 105
    KTPrimal said:

The extra tiers are added to prepare for seeding, if Vibranium stayed the same. People who made it to GC this season and start at Plat1 in season 11 with seeding would get to GC too quick.

The top GC players already have been getting there in around 12+ hours
    Hours or not, its not the same getting into GC after 5 or 6 matches than 10 or 12 (I'm using numbers didn't bother to count them actually)

Let's expand on that. Because you're right. Getting to GC in 6 or so matches is not the same as getting there in 12 or so. Some players use more elder marks, others use less. Some have favorable matchmaking, others not favorable. I believe BGs is far from a competition and competitive. A pseudo one maybe; a glorified participation event with event milestone rewards, yes. If there were the same set number of matches every player had to do each season and earn the most points it would be more of a competition. Throw in rules, regulations, and conditions to enforce and encourage integrity.
  • Options
    No. You're defending changes that will kill the game mode.
  • Options
    KTPrimal said:

KTPrimal said:

The top GC players already have been getting there in around 12+ hours
    Hours or not, its not the same getting into GC after 5 or 6 matches than 10 or 12 (I'm using numbers didn't bother to count them actually)

Let's expand on that. Because you're right. Getting to GC in 6 or so matches is not the same as getting there in 12 or so. Some players use more elder marks, others use less. Some have favorable matchmaking, others not favorable. I believe BGs is far from a competition and competitive. A pseudo one maybe; a glorified participation event with event milestone rewards, yes. If there were the same set number of matches every player had to do each season and earn the most points it would be more of a competition. Throw in rules, regulations, and conditions to enforce and encourage integrity.
    I do agree on some points. The alliance and solo milestones are more like participation points and rewards. If it was a true competition losing would give you 0 points on those milestones.
    I just believe with seeding comming and all they don't want people to just brute force into GC, or at least give it some level of difficulty. They want to make it less grindy; but at the same time not eliminate the grind all together.
    My own personal concern with seeding, chances kf me hitting many milestones on the solo event are pretty low, and the alliance one as well. I personally will not play as many matches as I am used to once I make it into GC.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,994 ★★★★★
    DUHveed said:

Rohit_316 said:

7* have changed the course of the game . This is the 1st time i am struggling in any meta . I have a 3 mil account and matching with much higher opponents who have 7* r2s Hulk , Sunspot , Titania etc. Now either you can ban those 7* or ban annoying r4 6* . You will lose either way .

Another thing is that some champs animations while special attacks are long due to which by the time you remove 1 protection and do the damage , another one comes up and you end up doing like a 2k crit .

That's what's supposed to happen in a competitive ladder. If you're not as good as your opponents then you shouldn't advance.
    Right, but if Uru 3 and Uru 2 are completely empty then something's not right, 5k spots are empty basically lol. Nobody's talking about Cavs or TBs cause they definitely don't belong in GC, we're talking about the fact that because of those extra tiers and how quickly the game's economy has changed since the 4th of July deals, a lot of Paragons who don't have any r5s yet but have r4s only or r4s and r3s, couldn't even make it to Uru 3 or Uru 2 this season, that's why both tiers are still empty.
    It honestly seems like a “damned if you do, damned if you don’t” situation for Kabam without an easy resolution. Maybe taking out the additional Vibranium tiers would help get some of those unstuck? Even then within Paragons there’s such a discrepancy in roster strength

I’m tired of hearing this excuse/assessment. Kabam disincentivized participation by removing solo event and alliance rewards. This pulled lower accounts out of the game mode en masse. They added extra tiers. They made the medal system tougher. Every single one of these actions cuts clearly in the same direction.

Last month, we had a window with no war, no BGs, no content (end of the month), and the regular few days off from AQ. Suddenly, we had a new monthly quest, war, BGs, a grindy incursions SQ, and the BrutalDLX challenge. When people shared their frustration, a predictable portion of the forum said Kabam was “damned if they do, damned if they don’t.”

The problem with that expression is that neither of these things are binary. Imagine some dummy shouting at a cop on the side of the highway, “you wrote me a ticket for going 5mph and now you’re writing me a ticket for going 105mph! I’m damned if I do and damned if I don’t!”

No. You can act in moderation.
  • Options

No. You're defending changes that will kill the game mode.

Says who? I've seen people saying the game is dying from 2020.
    Yeah, this isn't a "sky is falling" situation. I've also been here for years pointing out the game isn't dying. I don't think you realize how negative these changes are for how many people. It's the first Season. Leave BGs as they are now, and watch the effect over months.
  • Options
    I also said kill the game mode, not the game.
  • Options
    See, that's what I'm talking about. You've decided that anyone who takes issue with the design being this tight is just casual, and you're reducing their complaints to that. Hence my use of the term reductive.
    You call that truth. That's not truth. That's your own personal judgment on people, and it's incredibly narrow-sighted.
This discussion has been closed.