**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

BG is not fun this season, heres one reason why

Comments

• Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,198 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

I’d vote for automatic win if you have to wait more than 30 secs for a match.

Dr. Zola

Agreed
    I have waited for minutes without a match window popping up
    This change will change everything
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,198 ★★★★

Viper83 said:

I all hear is “carry me to GC! Although i dont have the roster or the skills i definitely deserve those GC rewards”.

And for you GW, its a shame an OG crying like this!

Literally not what anyone here is saying. That's the problem with these discussions. People feel the need to belittle the concerns other people are expressing because it doesn't fit their narrative.
    Also, I don't need your shame, so keep it. If I'm this passionate about something, there's probably a real problem there because I generally remain Switzerland with issues on here.
    If GroundedWisdom is standing with people/community then something's definitely off
    He always stands with a part of community. It only servers your purpose this time.
    Nah he usually disagrees with anyone who goes against Kabam's policies
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,063 ★★★★★

XFREEDOMX said:

Viper83 said:

I all hear is “carry me to GC! Although i dont have the roster or the skills i definitely deserve those GC rewards”.

You realize most of us arguing on this thread are Paragons with r4s right? This has nothing to do with skills but with the fact that they made the grinding too much with the extra tiers.
    Yet you are struggling to get out of VT! That yells ilackskills!
    This has nothing to do with skills, it's the fact that most of us have other things to do and we can't be doing 20 fights a day to get up there. This yells ilacksociallife!
    Here we go again, personal attacks from Mr.Keyborad, the king of social life.

XFREEDOMX said:

Viper83 said:

You realize most of us arguing on this thread are Paragons with r4s right? This has nothing to do with skills but with the fact that they made the grinding too much with the extra tiers.
    This has nothing to do with skills, it's the fact that most of us have other things to do and we can't be doing 20 fights a day to get up there. This yells ilacksociallife!
    20 matches a day!? How? Just doing 48 the milestones is enough to get to Vibranium in a week.
    If you have a big enough account and you win most of your matches sure, that's not the case for every Paragon though. The issue right now is that the last three tiers they added (which require five wins in a row) are too grindy and there are a ton of whales stuck down there fighting and losing against each other again and again preventing anyone else from also moving up, the fact that 1/3 of GC (about 5k spots) is still empty is proof of this.
    Also, the idea that only Beroman level players should be allowed into GC is just wrong, we have 21 tiers and 12k spots open for a reason.
    You are making it look so obvious that it's not about anyone else but you.

XFREEDOMX said:

XFREEDOMX said:

Viper83 said:

20 matches a day!? How? Just doing 48 the milestones is enough to get to Vibranium in a week.
    If you have a big enough account and you win most of your matches sure, that's not the case for every Paragon though. The issue right now is that the last three tiers they added (which require five wins in a row) are too grindy and there are a ton of whales stuck down there fighting and losing against each other again and again preventing anyone else from also moving up, the fact that 1/3 of GC (about 5k spots) is still empty is proof of this.
    Also, the idea that only Beroman level players should be allowed into GC is just wrong, we have 21 tiers and 12k spots open for a reason.
    Back to ilackroster then? 😆
    Not really, most people could get there even with rosters weaker than mine if they grind hard enough. You're too dense to understand what the actual issue is though.
    Damn, the personal attacks yet again.
    You grinded hard enough but you couldn't. See

I didn't had a comfy ride to GC myself, like it used to be in previous seasons, and I'm not criticising the VT setup either
    Took me 15 matches from V3 to V2 and 19 matches from V2 to GC(V1 is GC). Never happened before. But V2 and V1 are new tiers. It is what was expected of them.

In all honesty I do sympathise with people who are stuck in there brackets, always have been sympathetic towards under developed rosters and new players cuz the game/node interactions are too damn complicated and with July4th broken game economy, it got harder on those accounts.
    I pity you though. Please don't make a gamemode about yourself. Your rants are biased.
    Yes I took the False accusation of you calling me a nolife personal, enjoy the paragraphs 🌚
    1. You missed the first "personal attack" this other person sent first? Or you're just butting in cause you're still mad at the fact someone exposed your insecurities on a forum?
    2. This whole thread is full of people who think exactly the same way as me, so no it's not about me, try again.
    3. You didn't sympathize with anyone, you made a comment mocking everyone who didn't like the changes hence my first reply. I was simply poking fun at the fact that you thought anyone complaining wanted a free pass to GC when in reality, a lot of people just don't have the time to be grinding BGs that much because they're busy with life and they obviously didn't like the changes. I never imagined you'd be so soft and insecure that it would trigger you for a whole day though, I'm sorry I hurt your feelings on a forum yeah? Move on buddy lol.
    So you can reply to personal attacks and others can't. Right right yea na yea
    Proved you wrong, despite of acknowledging your mistake of personal attacks, you carried on with more insults. No wonder you keep arguing on and on in most threads.

"People agrees with me so I'm right", Ig it's not surprising coming from a king of social life who judges things on like and agrees. Why so Narcissistic?
    Agrees and disagrees are most times emotional in forums than the facts in itself. Look at your own disagree ratio Mr.keyboard.

Dont need to prove to anyone, got a good set of people in community to back me up, weather I have helped progressing players or just helped them in somthing game related.

One more thing, this is not a justification just a thing I don't do, you will not find me is threads demeaning people rants on forums every BG season of being getting crushed by bigger accounts. We can't do anything about it, that's just how game is moving forward. Players buying rewards to get an edge vs players using skills to push themselves over others.

Why do you have to steep low to name calling and personal attacks? Such disrespect towards other forum posters, Ranting is justified sometimes, as most people are stating their opinions in these recent threads without throwing garbage on other forum users.
    I never said that, you're saying I sent more personal attacks, I'm saying they're justified, what's not clicking?

The only one arguing on and on is you, I ignored you the other day and you came over to another thread just to argue with me again lol.

This has nothing to do with agrees and likes, when I say people agree with me I mean people share the same views as me in the same thread. Go read the whole comment section, then come back yeah?

Yet you were mocking people on that one particular comment so saying you sympathize with people when it comes to issues like this one is just not 100% true.

Again, I was giving back the same energy you gave everyone on that thread, I never imagined you would be this fragile.
    I already apologized for hurting your feelings bud, now move on yeah? Lol
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★

Rohit_316 said:

7* have changed the course of the game . This is the 1st time i am struggling in any meta . I have a 3 mil account and matching with much higher opponents who have 7* r2s Hulk , Sunspot , Titania etc. Now either you can ban those 7* or ban annoying r4 6* . You will lose either way .

Another thing is that some champs animations while special attacks are long due to which by the time you remove 1 protection and do the damage , another one comes up and you end up doing like a 2k crit .

That's what's supposed to happen in a competitive ladder. If you're not as good as your opponents then you shouldn't advance.
    Right, but if Uru 3 and Uru 2 are completely empty then something's not right, 5k spots are empty basically lol. Nobody's talking about Cavs or TBs cause they definitely don't belong in GC, we're talking about the fact that because of those extra tiers and how quickly the game's economy has changed since the 4th of July deals, a lot of Paragons who don't have any r5s yet but have r4s only or r4s and r3s, couldn't even make it to Uru 3 or Uru 2 this season, that's why both tiers are still empty.
    Making it to the GC is an accomplishment and shouldn't be an expectation for those who aren't skilled enough.
    You're still talking as if only the top 100 players in the world can be in GC though, there are 12k spots in GC out of which only 7k are taken. GC is meant for strong players sure, but not exclusively for the best of the best Beroman level players cause if that was the case we wouldn't have 21 tiers and 12k spots.
    I just made it to Vibranium 2 the other day after playing 21 matches in a row (I am by no means a top Paragon player), this means if you grind enough you will make it to GC but right now it requires way too much grinding for a lot of players and that's the problem.
    The GC isn't for players that need to play 20+ matches a tier in the VT. If only 7k people are good enough to make it then only 7k people get to make it.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,486 ★★★★★

Viper83 said:

Literally not what anyone here is saying. That's the problem with these discussions. People feel the need to belittle the concerns other people are expressing because it doesn't fit their narrative.
    Also, I don't need your shame, so keep it. If I'm this passionate about something, there's probably a real problem there because I generally remain Switzerland with issues on here.
    If GroundedWisdom is standing with people/community then something's definitely off
    He always stands with a part of community. It only servers your purpose this time.
    Nah he usually disagrees with anyone who goes against Kabam's policies
    Now thats half false.
  • Options

Easy for who? They're going to be fighting among all of the GC.

That's what we've been doing since Bronze 3 all along GW. A point that you refuse to admit.
  • Options

Truth doesn't have to be reductive, that's a the feeling you get cause it suits you. I am not being passive aggresive either. You seem to be a very casual player which is perfectly fine; but being so opinionated on a competition where skill and roster strength are key factors as a very casual player doesn't seem to fit.

Are you saying that I shouldn't expect to be put on the PGA tour because I play golf on the weekends? That doesn't seem fair. I know that I don't have the skill or have put in the time to make it but I try hard and that's all that should matter!
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,745 ★★★★★

Rohit_316 said:

7* have changed the course of the game . This is the 1st time i am struggling in any meta . I have a 3 mil account and matching with much higher opponents who have 7* r2s Hulk , Sunspot , Titania etc. Now either you can ban those 7* or ban annoying r4 6* . You will lose either way .

Another thing is that some champs animations while special attacks are long due to which by the time you remove 1 protection and do the damage , another one comes up and you end up doing like a 2k crit .

That's what's supposed to happen in a competitive ladder. If you're not as good as your opponents then you shouldn't advance.
    Right, but if Uru 3 and Uru 2 are completely empty then something's not right, 5k spots are empty basically lol. Nobody's talking about Cavs or TBs cause they definitely don't belong in GC, we're talking about the fact that because of those extra tiers and how quickly the game's economy has changed since the 4th of July deals, a lot of Paragons who don't have any r5s yet but have r4s only or r4s and r3s, couldn't even make it to Uru 3 or Uru 2 this season, that's why both tiers are still empty.
    Making it to the GC is an accomplishment and shouldn't be an expectation for those who aren't skilled enough.
    You're still talking as if only the top 100 players in the world can be in GC though, there are 12k spots in GC out of which only 7k are taken. GC is meant for strong players sure, but not exclusively for the best of the best Beroman level players cause if that was the case we wouldn't have 21 tiers and 12k spots.
    I just made it to Vibranium 2 the other day after playing 21 matches in a row (I am by no means a top Paragon player), this means if you grind enough you will make it to GC but right now it requires way too much grinding for a lot of players and that's the problem.
    The GC isn't for players that need to play 20+ matches a tier in the VT. If only 7k people are good enough to make it then only 7k people get to make it.
    You and I both know we aren’t talking about only people “good enough to make it” making it to GC. For quite a few people, that’s the issue.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DrZola said:

Rohit_316 said:

You and I both know we aren’t talking about only people “good enough to make it” making it to GC. For quite a few people, that’s the issue.

Dr. Zola
    I'm not following you. Just because someone chooses to power through something doesn't mean that the content is for them.
  • Options
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Rohit_316 said:

Dr. Zola
    I'm not following you. Just because someone chooses to power through something doesn't mean that the content is for them.
    Accounts with 55 total champs have zero business being anywhere near GC this season. The suggestion it’s all about skill and competition is flawed if players are chaperoned through the VT.

Dr. Zola
    What are you talking about? Modders?
  • Options

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Rohit_316 said:

Dr. Zola
    Accounts with 55 total champs have zero business being anywhere near GC this season. The suggestion it’s all about skill and competition is flawed if players are chaperoned through the VT.

Dr. Zola
    I have no idea about that and I wouldn’t make that allegation without clear evidence. But if you look at the screenshots captured in the thread I referenced, you’ll see several accounts that are very small in Uru. I didn’t look very hard, and I only looked at perhaps 3-4 dozen GC accounts in all.

The fact that accounts of that size have made it through VT undercuts arguments that it’s all about skill. It isn’t, matchmaking is still very flawed, and the seeding process will only serve to amplify those flaws going forward.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Rohit_316 said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    I have no idea about that and I wouldn’t make that allegation without clear evidence. But if you look at the screenshots captured in the thread I referenced, you’ll see several accounts that are very small in Uru. I didn’t look very hard, and I only looked at perhaps 3-4 dozen GC accounts in all.

The fact that accounts of that size have made it through VT undercuts arguments that it’s all about skill. It isn’t, matchmaking is still very flawed, and the seeding process will only serve to amplify those flaws going forward.

Dr. Zola
    I don't put any thought into a few players who are probably cheating getting to the GC.
  • Options

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Rohit_316 said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    I don't put any thought into a few players who are probably cheating getting to the GC.
    Your words, not mine. I wouldn’t accuse anyone of cheating without a lot more data. But those are only 9ish screenshots out of the 40+ accounts I looked at. There are plenty more accounts that are hardly what I would call powerhouses that have leaked into GC. I prefer to think that’s a matchmaking problem, not a massive cheating issue.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    ngl, this season of BGs was a real slog, not very fun. competition is fine, but 3 tiers of 5 wins each was a bit much.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,372 ★★★★★
    The changes definitely make this a slog. I faced maybe 2-3 accounts throughout my journey who were low progression accounts. Maybe half were equal and half way more stacked than my account. Stringing together 5 consecutive wins in 3 tiers of vibranium is definitely a huge grind. I am in the circuit but I agree that it’s not really fun going through all of this.
  • Options
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Rohit_316 said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    Your words, not mine. I wouldn’t accuse anyone of cheating without a lot more data. But those are only 9ish screenshots out of the 40+ accounts I looked at. There are plenty more accounts that are hardly what I would call powerhouses that have leaked into GC. I prefer to think that’s a matchmaking problem, not a massive cheating issue.

Dr. Zola
    Cheating or not, they didn't stop me from getting to the GC or how high I can rank once I got there so I don't worry about them.

IMO, if people looked at themselves more and others less they'd have much more success.
  • Options
    StatureStature Posts: 426 ★★★

Rohit_316 said:

That's ~200 alliances. If it is going to be that exclusive, for most of the player base the only winning move will be to not play at all or participate at the margins, similar to what happens at lower levels of AW. It might not really matter to you (personally or the group of 'top' players), but it is a poor game experience for most players.

If progressing players are going to be regularly told to ignore BGs before they get to the highest level, then future Paragons are not going be as involved in the game mode as the current ones are. Even if you are only concerned about the conditions at the top, that can't be your ideal scenario. There is always churn is a game like this (existing players leave the game) and that has to be made up by new players joining and progressing up.

Last season was an anomaly in terms of BG participation. There was no war and little to do, so lot of players spent time in BGs. Moving AW rewards to BG obviously helped. I'm surprised the game team reacted as they did in terms of new tiers and token requirements, just based on one season's data. Maybe seeding will help, but given where majority of the players are, the climb up from Gold or so isn't likely to be any more fun next season.
  • Options
    Stature said:

Rohit_316 said:

That's ~200 alliances. If it is going to be that exclusive, for most of the player base the only winning move will be to not play at all or participate at the margins, similar to what happens at lower levels of AW. It might not really matter to you (personally or the group of 'top' players), but it is a poor game experience for most players.

If progressing players are going to be regularly told to ignore BGs before they get to the highest level, then future Paragons are not going be as involved in the game mode as the current ones are. Even if you are only concerned about the conditions at the top, that can't be your ideal scenario. There is always churn is a game like this (existing players leave the game) and that has to be made up by new players joining and progressing up.

Last season was an anomaly in terms of BG participation. There was no war and little to do, so lot of players spent time in BGs. Moving AW rewards to BG obviously helped. I'm surprised the game team reacted as they did in terms of new tiers and token requirements, just based on one season's data. Maybe seeding will help, but given where majority of the players are, the climb up from Gold or so isn't likely to be any more fun next season.
    No, the only winning move will be to improve their roster and skills. That should be to goal for everyone, especially progressing players.
  • Options
    StatureStature Posts: 426 ★★★

Truth doesn't have to be reductive, that's a the feeling you get cause it suits you. I am not being passive aggresive either. You seem to be a very casual player which is perfectly fine; but being so opinionated on a competition where skill and roster strength are key factors as a very casual player doesn't seem to fit.

Are you saying that I shouldn't expect to be put on the PGA tour because I play golf on the weekends? That doesn't seem fair. I know that I don't have the skill or have put in the time to make it but I try hard and that's all that should matter!
    For someone who claims to understand real world sports, this is an extremely reductive take. You do realise that the PGA tour exists because of the engagement it has with people outside the ones playing in it? There would be no PGA tour, without the people trying to get in and the people spending money to watch it. There are many countries in the world where golf doesn't have a similar following and rewards for being good at golf is appropriately scaled down in those markets. Similarly, if BG is going to be an exclusive realm of 10-20K players then it will likely see less and less investment over time.

Even if you fancy yourself as the Tiger Woods of MCOC, you should really want that the game attracts and encourages as many people to participate as it can. You can keep telling people to suck it up, know your place and git gud - but you won't have much of a competition to crow about, if the game mode can't engage the people you claim to never face.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,336 ★★★★

And the difference is ... this game is a hobby. There is no professional level where people get paid to play (even for Content Creators, it is indirect).

MCOC remains entirely, a game where you can pay real money to get fake digital items. So yes, time and effort in a hobby comes with the expectations that you can enjoy your hobby in the Gladiator Track.

You have still yet to explain how players who have never and will never face those in the current GC quitting will have any effect on the game mode. If someone is willing to quit when things get tough then they were never and will never effect the top.

My take is that since matches are not preplanned, scheduled matches, Kabam needs a big mass of players in all tiers (VT or GC), to ensure that it takes < 5 minutes on average to find a match.

So yes, elite players who don't face non-elite players, will be affected down the line.

Elite-elite players might mostly only face elite-elite players. But some Elite-elite players might face some elite players, who also face some non-elite players. If non-elite players start dropping out (GC or VT), then potentially some Elite players will stop playing when matchmaking takes longer or they can't advance (due to loss of non-elite matchups), then some elite-elite players might stop playing when matchmaking takes longer or they can't advance (due to loss of elite matchups).

You can bet that if only 4k players were in GC instead of 7k, matchmaking would take a lot longer, and there would slowly be attrition since players don't want to wait or can't progress. That 4k player count might start to drop to 3.9k, then 3.7k, then 3.4k, then 2.5k as it starts taking longer and longer to find matches. At a certain point, it could become a death spiral where there are not enough players in VT, and so on. I am not saying that will be the case, but if the gatekeeping is as harsh as you seem to want it to be, I can certainly see it heading in that direction.

Kabam probably wants more players present in each tier than actually deserve to be in it. This buffer or softness to the "deserve" player cap makes it so that matchmaking does not take too long.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,376 ★★★★★
    The changes have gone too far. You can keep telling people to improve (git gud), but that's not going to change.
    There's a fine line between motivation and exclusivity. That line has passed.
  • Options
    lol, just because you're going to quip because you're not good enough doesn't mean everyone else will. That's such a losers mentality.

BGs will force players to either get better or quit. IMO, the more players with a loser's mentality to quit the better.
  • Options
    @Ironman3000 to be fair, you've been complaining non stop for the last few seasons.
    When did you reach GC this season? that experience may have colored your opinion.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,486 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Rohit_316 said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    Nah brother, accounts you pointed out are all modders. You may not want to make allegations, but Im not afraid calling out foul play. They are all without a single doubt modders. I won't hesitate calling cheaters out in any thread, even in those daily 'this guy is modding' threads.
    Modders ruins all games/modes, not a new discovery.

-going to refrain myself commenting on current VT setup, which is a base for next season's seeding.
  • Options

@Ironman3000 to be fair, you've been complaining non stop for the last few seasons.
    When did you reach GC this season? that experience may have colored your opinion.

I've been complaining that in past seasons BGs didn't accurately slot players in the correct place due to the matchmaking. It was too easy for lower players and too hard for higher players. This season is the closest we've had to a real competition, where the better players actually rank higher than the lower players.

I personally went on a ~20 match win streak at the start of week 3 to make it to the GC.
  • Options

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Rohit_316 said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    Nah brother, accounts you pointed out are all modders. You may not want to make allegations, but Im not afraid calling out foul play. They are all without a single doubt modders. I won't hesitate calling cheaters out in any thread, even in those daily 'this guy is modding' threads.
    Modders ruins all games/modes, not a new discovery.

-going to refrain myself commenting on current VT setup, which is a base for next season's seeding.
    There are realistically (in my opinion) only a couple of ways accounts that size progress as far as those have, and one of them may be modding.

If that’s the case, then it should be appalling to be able to locate so many in such a cursory search (approx. 1/5–although there are also plenty of smallish Cav/TB accounts in GC that I believe would struggle against nearly every player I’ve faced the past few seasons).

While it may not technically impact a player directly, where it does seem to pose a problem is in the way it seems to affect the final rankings. If, as it appears, players are not reranked after any bans that occur, then cheating potentially disadvantages every player below the highest cheater who is caught. The team hasn’t commented specifically on this to my knowledge, but past screenshots of rankings would suggest that cheaters who are caught retain their ranking but lose the prizes.

In my opinion, that should change promptly if that is how it works.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,376 ★★★★★

lol, just because you're going to quip because you're not good enough doesn't mean everyone else will. That's such a losers mentality.

BGs will force players to either get better or quit. IMO, the more players with a loser's mentality to quit the better.

The disrespect is real.
    People aren't going to play it if it's an absolute slog for everyone who isn't among those you deem as better.
    The effort needs to be worth the stress. You can make digs at me because I said I'm not trying. I really don't care.
    I played all Season. I wasn't bashing my head against a wall for 10 Tiers because it's overboard. The expectation for Players to have a perfect streak 10 Tiers in a row is ridiculous. Just to get to where the actual Ranking starts.
    You can call them losers all you want, but that attitude will result in a competition no one under the Top Players wants to play, and an absolute miserable experience for the ones who remain to scramble in. Good luck with that.
This discussion has been closed.