**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

BG is not fun this season, heres one reason why

Comments

• Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,486 ★★★★★

Rohit_316 said:

7* have changed the course of the game . This is the 1st time i am struggling in any meta . I have a 3 mil account and matching with much higher opponents who have 7* r2s Hulk , Sunspot , Titania etc. Now either you can ban those 7* or ban annoying r4 6* . You will lose either way .

Another thing is that some champs animations while special attacks are long due to which by the time you remove 1 protection and do the damage , another one comes up and you end up doing like a 2k crit .

That's what's supposed to happen in a competitive ladder. If you're not as good as your opponents then you shouldn't advance.
    Right, but if Uru 3 and Uru 2 are completely empty then something's not right, 5k spots are empty basically lol. Nobody's talking about Cavs or TBs cause they definitely don't belong in GC, we're talking about the fact that because of those extra tiers and how quickly the game's economy has changed since the 4th of July deals, a lot of Paragons who don't have any r5s yet but have r4s only or r4s and r3s, couldn't even make it to Uru 3 or Uru 2 this season, that's why both tiers are still empty.
    Making it to the GC is an accomplishment and shouldn't be an expectation for those who aren't skilled enough.
    You're still talking as if only the top 100 players in the world can be in GC though, there are 12k spots in GC out of which only 7k are taken. GC is meant for strong players sure, but not exclusively for the best of the best Beroman level players cause if that was the case we wouldn't have 21 tiers and 12k spots.
    I just made it to Vibranium 2 the other day after playing 21 matches in a row (I am by no means a top Paragon player), this means if you grind enough you will make it to GC but right now it requires way too much grinding for a lot of players and that's the problem.
    The GC isn't for players that need to play 20+ matches a tier in the VT. If only 7k people are good enough to make it then only 7k people get to make it.
    You don't get to decide that, you're not Kabam. There are 21 tiers and 12k spots, that says a lot about what kind of players should be in GC, stop with the elitism.
    Actually Uru3 had 999.999.999 spots, it doesnt mean everyone has to be there though
    I know how many spots Uru 3 has, we obviously don't have that many players. The 12k comes from previous season results.
    Last season had all uncollected and conqueror players. It's the worst benchmark to compare to.

Even the low Paragons who pushed last week had a smooth ride to GC on the casualties of UC/cav forfitters.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,498 ★★★★★

Who's arguing for everyone? You seem to have an "only us and them" approach to things, and there's an entire range of Players within that "them".

I have an only us and them approach, you are the one calling people part of the 5%, and yes you are right I use US as part of players who enjoy the competition, tough, difficult, grindy or tedious enjoy it regardless. I also call them people whose only concern about being in the competition is their ability or successful way to get rewards. Plat 2 has a decent ammount of rewards for any UC/Cav/TB, I have yet to see 1 15-17 player complaining about facing 18-20k accounts.
    There's a difference between enjoying a competition at wanting to sabotage it for everyone else just for your own entertainment.
    My own entertainment? Sabotaging, I am a regular player, I dont work for Kabam I don't know how I am sabotaging by agreeing with their structure.
    Accusing me of being a saboteur for my own entertainment, who is getting personal now?
    If that's the way you are gonna belittle me and label my opinion i am done answering you wahwahwah
    Nice try.
    Nice try to blame it on people like me, you are mad at Kabam not us.
    You're trying too hard, you know that, right?
    You've been posting on every Thread against anyone who has a problem with the current setup.
    You've been dismissive, repetitive, condescending and provoking while doing it.
    You've disregarded the concerns of others and even claimed Kabam is on your side.
    I could keep going, but that is most definitely your responsibility.
    I haven't disregarded any concerns, I am in agreement with Kabam's take on the competition.
    You have been posting on every thread as well.
    I guess you and I are not so different, except we are on different sides of the road.
    Someone is taking this personal wow.
    Play the part of the victim while being passive aggresive, exactly the same way you probably play BGs. Why don't we fast-foward to the part where you quit?
    You are mad at Kabam not me.
  • Options

Rohit_316 said:

7* have changed the course of the game . This is the 1st time i am struggling in any meta . I have a 3 mil account and matching with much higher opponents who have 7* r2s Hulk , Sunspot , Titania etc. Now either you can ban those 7* or ban annoying r4 6* . You will lose either way .

Another thing is that some champs animations while special attacks are long due to which by the time you remove 1 protection and do the damage , another one comes up and you end up doing like a 2k crit .

That's what's supposed to happen in a competitive ladder. If you're not as good as your opponents then you shouldn't advance.
    Right, but if Uru 3 and Uru 2 are completely empty then something's not right, 5k spots are empty basically lol. Nobody's talking about Cavs or TBs cause they definitely don't belong in GC, we're talking about the fact that because of those extra tiers and how quickly the game's economy has changed since the 4th of July deals, a lot of Paragons who don't have any r5s yet but have r4s only or r4s and r3s, couldn't even make it to Uru 3 or Uru 2 this season, that's why both tiers are still empty.
    Making it to the GC is an accomplishment and shouldn't be an expectation for those who aren't skilled enough.
    You're still talking as if only the top 100 players in the world can be in GC though, there are 12k spots in GC out of which only 7k are taken. GC is meant for strong players sure, but not exclusively for the best of the best Beroman level players cause if that was the case we wouldn't have 21 tiers and 12k spots.
    I just made it to Vibranium 2 the other day after playing 21 matches in a row (I am by no means a top Paragon player), this means if you grind enough you will make it to GC but right now it requires way too much grinding for a lot of players and that's the problem.
    The GC isn't for players that need to play 20+ matches a tier in the VT. If only 7k people are good enough to make it then only 7k people get to make it.
    You don't get to decide that, you're not Kabam. There are 21 tiers and 12k spots, that says a lot about what kind of players should be in GC, stop with the elitism.
    Actually Uru3 had 999.999.999 spots, it doesnt mean everyone has to be there though
    I know how many spots Uru 3 has, we obviously don't have that many players. The 12k comes from previous season results.
    Last season had all uncollected and conqueror players. It's the worst benchmark to compare to.

Even the low Paragons who pushed last week had a smooth ride to GC on the casualties of UC/cav forfitters.
    Last season is probably the worst to use as reference, it took what? Like 100+ points to get out of Uru?
    I saw Conquerors in there that were pushed due to the point farming 🤣
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,376 ★★★★★
    No one is saying everyone deserves to be in the GC. It's also not about wanting every Match to be equal, although some people may have wanted that. Which is why I've taken the time to explain to lower Players higher in the VT that they will meet harder Matches eventually.
    It's really an overtuning issue more than anything. The current setup is too much. That's it.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,063 ★★★★★

Agreed, I've been stuck in Vibranium 3 for days now and the same thing happens to me, win four (against Paragons somewhat stronger than me) and then on the fifth one mega whale with r5 6* and r2 7*, I basically stand no chance.
    Hopefully next season won't be this bad once the seeding system is implemented, I think it's absolutely ridiculous that even Paragons with r4s and r3s can't make it to Uru 3 now because of the extra tiers and how fast the game is moving, I would've already been in Uru 3 if it wasn't for the extra tiers and the mega whales who for some weird reason are still stuck in Vibranium when they should've already been in Gamma with accounts that big.

I'm a paragon with no R5s or 7R2s. I'm at arcane 2
    I made it to GC earlier today after playing like a tryhard. As I've said multiple times, this has nothing to do with roster or skills, it's the fact that for some of us, the grind is simply too much because of those extra tiers which require five wins in a row.
    It's crazy how the people who do have the roster and skills still have an easy time making it to GC and beyond though.

No offense, but your roster doesn't sound particularly outstanding if you have no R5s or R2s. What's the problem with having to tryhard to get GC? Why should you be able to climb there if you're half-arsing it?

Kabam said they weren't happy with how many people were making GC, so they've made it harder. If you've plateaued in Vibranium, then you belong there and not GC.

Maybe rewards could use a touch-up (everyone should be on the paragon shop IMO) but I have no complaints for zero bias matchmaking in tiers.
    Right but a few of months ago that same roster would've easily been in Uru 3 on week two. The game's economy is changing really fast, and that is precisely why you shouldn't be making it even harder for people to climb up cause now, not only do they have to fight the people who spent on those 4th of July deals but they have to beat them five times in a row (on each tier).

When did I say I want to half arse it? I just said don't make the game mode too grindy. This is the problem with you people, it's either this or that, there's no in between. In case it wasn't clear enough I still think grinding for GC needs to be a thing, but this is too much, I'm not saying give me two medals per win and remove five tiers, I'm just saying don't make it too grindy.

Also no they didn't, they said they wanted more people to make GC but lower accounts needed to work on their rosters if they wanted to make it to GC (talking about Cavs and UCs obviously since that was a problem last season).
  • Options
    KTPrimalKTPrimal Posts: 105
    There are players who makes it to GC that have already expressed that once seeding lands, they will do less fights in GC and the bare minimum for the BG objectives. The milestones may be a bit more out of reach. It may require more marks it may not. Which means they are aware that the fun factor for them in the "competitive competition" will decrease over time. This is a concern that players are attempting to relay in this thread. And its either being ignored or glossed over by the very players it will eventually impact. As the pool dries up, matchmaking will become longer and the matches will become tougher. Sounds exciting to some players who consider themselves elites until it becomes normal. At which point it will start to feel not worth the effort and engagement lessens for those as well. So on and so on goes the domino effect.
  • Options
    Josh2507Josh2507 Posts: 655 ★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Oye. Settle down.

Back on track, or it's closed.

Sorry sir

We’ll be good now
  • Options
    Phantomfire500Phantomfire500 Posts: 232 ★★

Agreed, I've been stuck in Vibranium 3 for days now and the same thing happens to me, win four (against Paragons somewhat stronger than me) and then on the fifth one mega whale with r5 6* and r2 7*, I basically stand no chance.
    Hopefully next season won't be this bad once the seeding system is implemented, I think it's absolutely ridiculous that even Paragons with r4s and r3s can't make it to Uru 3 now because of the extra tiers and how fast the game is moving, I would've already been in Uru 3 if it wasn't for the extra tiers and the mega whales who for some weird reason are still stuck in Vibranium when they should've already been in Gamma with accounts that big.

I'm a paragon with no R5s or 7R2s. I'm at arcane 2
    I made it to GC earlier today after playing like a tryhard. As I've said multiple times, this has nothing to do with roster or skills, it's the fact that for some of us, the grind is simply too much because of those extra tiers which require five wins in a row.
    It's crazy how the people who do have the roster and skills still have an easy time making it to GC and beyond though.

No offense, but your roster doesn't sound particularly outstanding if you have no R5s or R2s. What's the problem with having to tryhard to get GC? Why should you be able to climb there if you're half-arsing it?

Kabam said they weren't happy with how many people were making GC, so they've made it harder. If you've plateaued in Vibranium, then you belong there and not GC.

Maybe rewards could use a touch-up (everyone should be on the paragon shop IMO) but I have no complaints for zero bias matchmaking in tiers.
    Right but a few of months ago that same roster would've easily been in Uru 3 on week two. The game's economy is changing really fast, and that is precisely why you shouldn't be making it even harder for people to climb up cause now, not only do they have to fight the people who spent on those 4th of July deals but they have to beat them five times in a row (on each tier).

When did I say I want to half arse it? I just said don't make the game mode too grindy. This is the problem with you people, it's either this or that, there's no in between. In case it wasn't clear enough I still think grinding for GC needs to be a thing, but this is too much, I'm not saying give me two medals per win and remove five tiers, I'm just saying don't make it too grindy.

Also no they didn't, they said they wanted more people to make GC but lower accounts needed to work on their rosters if they wanted to make it to GC (talking about Cavs and UCs obviously since that was a problem last season).
    A couple of months ago, a brand new uncollected account piloted by an experienced player could breeze their way to GC in the first few weeks too. Just because you're one of the players who was getting a free ride from there being no competition pre-GC and you're not now doesn't mean the system is broken. So a good few of your opponents have a r5 Doom, Herc and Kingpin. That rarely loses you games, and it's not like it's common to see a deck all or even mostly comprised of R5s.

You said you got to GC "after playing like a tryhard". The way I read it, it seemed like you felt you should get to GC without having to tryhard, but maybe I am reading into it too much and I apologise if so.

Seeding pushes you up to the top of plat next season onwards I think, so a good chunk of the grinding will cease.
  • Options
    No, seeding alone is not enough with the current setup.
  • Options
    Go_ToGo_To Posts: 317 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Oye. Settle down.

Sort of interesting you comment on this thread but don't actually address the concerns raised here? It would be amazing to hear if you guys know of our concerns and are planning to change some things for the future seasons. With these new changes you've made BGS so much less fun for me.
  • Options
    Seeding will be great, not having to start at Bronze every season will be a blessing for players that make it to GC
  • Options
    Seeding should be a step in the right direction in my opinion. Ranked modes should have that system. For example, if you finish in Pred rank, when the new season starts you derank to like diamond or plat. But with the way both sides sees things I can also see it as kicking the can down the road. The dissatisfaction could flip back to the "big accounts" and "elite players" because they're constantly matched with similar or bigger rosters.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,615 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023
    Go_To said:

Kabam Jax said:

Oye. Settle down.

Sort of interesting you comment on this thread but don't actually address the concerns raised here? It would be amazing to hear if you guys know of our concerns and are planning to change some things for the future seasons. With these new changes you've made BGS so much less fun for me.
    What do you expect Jax to tell you other than the redundant posting of he passed the message along? He doesn't work on the game. If they game team said anything about it that they have permission to relay, him or Miike would have already let us know
  • Options
    XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Posts: 510 ★★★
    Why can't we just identify ourselves as GC and be done with it?
  • Options

Wow! I didn't know you had a time machine and could tell how next BGs season will play!
    I have a brain. Quite an intelligent one, that has years of experience with this game. I can tell how systems are going to play out, with pretty close certainty.
  • Options
    Crossy76Crossy76 Posts: 81
    main point here is to progress, people will eventually stop playing if they are circling in same spot without moving
  • Options

main point here is to progress, people will eventually stop playing if they are circling in same spot without moving

Main point is to progress in the game in all aspects, not to progress from the most competitive PvP mode.
  • Options
    edited September 2023

Wow! I didn't know you had a time machine and could tell how next BGs season will play!
    I have a brain. Quite an intelligent one, that has years of experience with this game. I can tell how systems are going to play out, with pretty close certainty.
    None of the statements made in this comment are provable fact
    I have a brain. That can be proven. I have years of experience with this game. Also proven. As for the latter, leave the system as-is, and see.
    No one is right about everything all the time, and I don't know everything if that's what you're getting at. However, if you would like to debate my actual points about the current system, I'm all for it. This argument however, is a bit arbitrary.
  • Options
    XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Posts: 510 ★★★

I have no doubt about your intelligence and your extensive knowledge in various areas of life. However, when you mentioned your years of experience in Marvel Contest of Champions, I found it a bit confusing.
  • Options
    Crossy76Crossy76 Posts: 81

Main point is to progress in the game in all aspects, not to progress from the most competitive PvP mode.
    so you telling me only 7k top players or deserve to progress in BG ?
    what makes you think BG is only comitative mode ?
    people like to get entertained from this game mode
  • Options
    XFREEDOMX said:

I have no doubt about your intelligence and your extensive knowledge in various areas of life. However, when you mentioned your years of experience in Marvel Contest of Champions, I found it a bit confusing.
    I have a stomach and years of experience eating, I should be able to win a hot dog eating contest.

so you telling me only 7k top players or deserve to progress in BG ?
    what makes you think BG is only comitative mode ?
    people like to get entertained from this game mode
    I never said that, I said need to stop being in denial and know their limitations.
  • Options
    XFREEDOMX said:

I've been here for almost 8 years. Don't mistake where I am in the game with what I understand.
  • Options
    JustWantTheRewardsJustWantTheRewards Posts: 442 ★★★

None of the statements made in this comment are provable fact
    However, if you would like to debate my actual points about the current system, I'm all for it
    I can't prove that you have a brain the same way I can't prove that you're even a human being. You could be a squirrel with access to a computer or the first ever mcoc Arena bot gone self aware. I'm also all for debating your actual points about the current system, my main point being: you cannot predict how Seeding will turn out next season or even further down the line. I don't like this BGs season either, but it will change next season and we can't be totally sure of how that experience is going to be. If it sucks, at least we'll know then exactly why.
  • Options
    Phantomfire500Phantomfire500 Posts: 232 ★★

Well forgive me if I'm skeptical of the claims that a reduction of grind won't help from a person who holds the unpopular (at least from what I can tell) opinion that unbiased matchmaking within tiers in a competitive format is bad, but I don't think their concerns align with the playerbase as a whole.

Of the players who *are* strong enough to reach GC, most of the complaints I've heard are that the grind is too much. Maybe eliminating 12/19 tiers will help the job along?

Obviously that doesn't much help the people whose roster/player strength is the limiting factor rather than their time/resources, but they do have the option of improving both their accounts and their play.
  • Options
    edited September 2023

Well forgive me if I'm skeptical of the claims that a reduction of grind won't help from a person who holds the unpopular (at least from what I can tell) opinion that unbiased matchmaking within tiers in a competitive format is bad, but I don't think their concerns align with the playerbase as a whole.

Of the players who *are* strong enough to reach GC, most of the complaints I've heard are that the grind is too much. Maybe eliminating 12/19 tiers will help the job along?

Obviously that doesn't much help the people whose roster/player strength is the limiting factor rather than their time/resources, but they do have the option of improving both their accounts and their play.
    There are a few complaints here that comes off as selfish and what you and others are saying is right. Big accounts have had selfish complaints in last seasons as well. But there are other points being made for the mode as a whole. One side is just choosing to ignore that discussion and zero in the small progressing accounts. The same thing small progressing account are expressing now just may become the same expression for the big accounts with the current system in place.
This discussion has been closed.