**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

15.0 Alliance Wars Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• Im pretty sure being vocal about our thoughts on the defender kills issue counts as being constructive. Not sure why so many comments about them being deleted
  • hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★
    Thawnim wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike These changes are severely disappointing.
    I agree changes were needed, but you have not addressed any of the major issues we see with war right now: cheating and alliance swapping due to crappy rewards at higher tiers.

It's ok when the big alliances are doing it. They are the ones who fund the game so they shall not be punished!
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Ok this is really bothering me. With the big announcement of 6* champs came the statement 5* will be more available. How is it remotely possible you can announce a revamp of war and then say we are not changing rewards but it's being talked about?
  • Mikif10Mikif10 Posts: 13
    How about the 5* & 4* shards rewards?
    Are they going stay the same or we will see a much needed increase?
  • Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    hurricant wrote: »
    Thawnim wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike These changes are severely disappointing.
    I agree changes were needed, but you have not addressed any of the major issues we see with war right now: cheating and alliance swapping due to crappy rewards at higher tiers.

It's ok when the big alliances are doing it. They are the ones who fund the game so they shall not be punished!

How do you know "they " fund the game ?
  • DrFreakyDrFreaky Posts: 30
    Will the Rewards be the Same? Hope it get better, i mean, much better.
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    @Kabam_Miike can you answer my question regarding how many defenders each summoner will need to place on the new expanded map? If this has increased from the 5 where it currently sits, is there any chance we will at least be able to use defenders in other game content like solo and alliance quests?
  • Mike if you guys remove defender kill points at least reduce the amount of points per try given during attack for example if you are killed fighting one node on AW and trying again and again. It shouldn't be the same... there should be some kind of punish for those who keeps reviving and it shouldn't be the same killing your opponent on your first try than killing your opponent on your fith try. Also considering the points per boss, mini bos or normal nodes.
    At least that way there would be a skill gap reflecting in those points.
    If you guys let that way you're not helping anyone except for the big spenders.
  • PIKESTAINPIKESTAIN Posts: 139 ★★
    @Kabam Miike

I specifically ranked up Elektra (and not that long ago) to deal with Thorns nodes in AWA and now feel she is wasted on my roster and that I should have ranked up another champion instead - is this something you plan to tackle or are there any thoughts on releasing some rank down tickets for the 'anti-thorns' champions? Thanks
  • Plus, more mini bosses, no defender kill points AND still having 3 attackers means more $$$ for kabam.
  • [/quote]

Unfortunately, there won't be any more information on Nodes made available at this time. Sorry guys, but you're going to have to wait and see! We've gone through many revisions on them already to ensure that they are not too punishing, and that they are enjoyable to play, while still sticking to that goal of playing up Champion archetypes.
    [/quote]

does that mean nodes in tier 1 are weaker now? no point to r4 my 5* spidy classic i guess?
  • GabbrosGabbros Posts: 157
    edited August 2017
    Amonthir wrote: »
    Can you tell us if the extra mini-boss nodes are comparable in strength to the current ones?

They're more or less equal to where they are now, but they now scale better across difficulties. For instance, Instead of all difficulties having full Debuff imunity, it's a slowly growing list of immunities, with only Expert and Challenger having full debuff immunity.

Please clarify ur statement. Will there be multiple nodes with full debuff immunities? Exactly how many? Will u b narrowing down the expert map group? I ask because i am not sure if enough players will be ok without parrying. You guys strengthened bleed champs and added masteries to improve their damage. Peeps will not welcome the idea.
  • PIKESTAIN wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike

I specifically ranked up Elektra (and not that long ago) to deal with Thorns nodes in AWA and now feel she is wasted on my roster and that I should have ranked up another champion instead - is this something you plan to tackle or are there any thoughts on releasing some rank down tickets for the 'anti-thorns' champions? Thanks

This update is also the end of Black Widow. She went from being the best in the game to completely useless in a few months.
  • KyrieRedKyrieRed Posts: 287 ★★
    Will you be looking at replacing the class detect masteries since they are largely useless now then?

Also, +1 on disagreeing with the removal of defender kills as that was a pretty key strategy element of the war system. In fact, our last war win was a close one that was won in large part because the opponent had 27 more deaths. Seems like a pretty blatant attempt to encourage more spending to revive/heal to win. Will the item caps at least stay in place?
    So you won the war based on defender kills. Now the other side of the coin. How do you think the other alliance felt after trying their best to beat your probably 5/5 MD Magik. Let's not be hypocrites. The so called "boss killers" can take a shot at the boss (it doesn't matter if the do poorly or good) because he/she is... well the boss killer while other members have to sit idle because if theytry to fight the boss and don't do good you are helping the other alliance. I'm by any means agreeing with the change because let's be honest here AW will continue to be a cash grab regardless, but also let's be logical you won't be on a at disadvantage because, whoever the alliance you go against, the same rules will apply to them.
  • Pry22Pry22 Posts: 136
    Let's all use 3 stars in war from now on :-)

Lets all have a beer
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Hey Kabam, really think you need a new marketing team. Hit me up, I don't mind re-locating up North :)
This discussion has been closed.