**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Root Feedback (New Mechanic)

Comments

• TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    edited November 2020
    Etjama said:

I had high hopes at the beginning. Special and heavy attack roots were fun, entertaining, and challenging. These last 2 versions have just been idiotic. Hitting the opponent should not cause them to be out of your range. If you're able to land a standing intercept (quite literally), or parry, you should be able to land a full combo instead of just landing one hit and whiffing everything else. Root can also trigger smack dab in the middle of a multi-hit heavy attack and half of your heavy ends up whiffing. These versions have just been dumb and punishing. And the champs that are being placed are starting to get dumb too.

My thoughts exactly. I liked the first two for sure.

Thr last one Tricky Icky Sticky. Seems to work like special delivery. Bypasses the root when you fire off a special
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    Is it just me or is today's tech root bugged wrt the counter? It didn't reset for me when I threw a special if I threw the special before I reached a count of zero ( unlinked a normal node like special delivery which resets whenever you throw the special).

And it was still counting down until the last hit in a special several times, while others it reset immediately.

I used Medusa sp1 Vs the last Ultron and got rooted after throwing it (despite that not happening in several fights before) then got rooted after throwing a Hyperion sp3 (counter didn't change after I used his sp2 a few times also in the same fight). None if these specials were blocked either.

Magneto cheeses this btw.
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    Dont really care for this new mechanic. It's not terrible hard but does make some weird interactions.
  • NeverWasBornNeverWasBorn Posts: 58
    I didn't like root although it's not bad so far, I am sure it will be abused in the future. It made easily avoidable attacks very hard to dodge which will cause us to get unnecessary damage. Also, it can be combined with nodes that will make it a nightmare like unblockable specials or unblockable finale for the special root, or annoying defenders that can't be parried easily (IMIW, Havoc, Ebony Mau ....etc) for the heavy root, and so on.
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

I had high hopes at the beginning. Special and heavy attack roots were fun, entertaining, and challenging. These last 2 versions have just been idiotic. Hitting the opponent should not cause them to be out of your range. If you're able to land a standing intercept (quite literally), or parry, you should be able to land a full combo instead of just landing one hit and whiffing everything else. Root can also trigger smack dab in the middle of a multi-hit heavy attack and half of your heavy ends up whiffing. These versions have just been dumb and punishing. And the champs that are being placed are starting to get dumb too.

Then propose the removal of the variations you don’t like rather than advocating to scrap the entire concept. Or maybe propose changes to the variations that you don’t like to make them better. For example, I think they could make the timer duration longer on day 3’s root node to make it less stressful. You can contribute to the discussion and help fix it to make it better instead of just complaining.
    Starhawk said:

What a money grab. I'm not even playing the hardest level and I had to use a revive today. I'll be taking another break from this game to guarantee i don't waste money on this game. What's next? Can't move and just get hit no matter what randomly? These kind of game mechanics should not be there on "easier" game modes. You want to keep your end game players challenged then great...do it but keep that junk on the hardest modes.

If i wanted to play a game where my character doesn't move I'd watch a still image.

Explain why it’s a cash grab. All it is, is you’re getting held in a fixed position for a few seconds.
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★

Starhawk said:

What a money grab. I'm not even playing the hardest level and I had to use a revive today. I'll be taking another break from this game to guarantee i don't waste money on this game. What's next? Can't move and just get hit no matter what randomly? These kind of game mechanics should not be there on "easier" game modes. You want to keep your end game players challenged then great...do it but keep that junk on the hardest modes.

If i wanted to play a game where my character doesn't move I'd watch a still image.

Explain why it’s a cash grab. All it is, is you’re getting held in a fixed position for a few seconds.
    I don't think i need to explain myself it's pretty obvious. Unless you are a more skilled player you are going to get hit and odds are you will need revives. That's a cash grab if you then have to pay for those resources with money.

I play this game for the fun of it. This game mechanic is not what I consider fun. Keep that stuff for the more skilled players in the hardest game mode. Kabam needs to remember this game isn't only played by really skilled players. Some of us are not that skilled and we've reached our plateau without investing more time in this game and I certainly will not be doing that for gameplay I find not fun at all.
    edited November 2020
    Starhawk said:

Starhawk said:

I don't think i need to explain myself it's pretty obvious. Unless you are a more skilled player you are going to get hit and odds are you will need revives. That's a cash grab if you then have to pay for those resources with money.

I play this game for the fun of it. This game mechanic is not what I consider fun. Keep that stuff for the more skilled players in the hardest game mode. Kabam needs to remember this game isn't only played by really skilled players. Some of us are not that skilled and we've reached our plateau without investing more time in this game and I certainly will not be doing that for gameplay I find not fun at all.
    So you’re literally saying, because this node challenges you to actually focus, which you don’t find fun, that it’s a cash grab? Hilarious.

Your bar for what qualifies as a cash grab is incredibly low.
  • nero8913 said:

Kabam you wanted our feedback here it is WE DONT WANT ROOT MECHANISM IT’S NOT FUN

By we you mean you? I want and like it
  • the game is not only about skilled player,if a medium content player is having trouble,and a skilled player doesn't..it's not that the mechanic is good,the game is for everyone

If a medium skilled player can't do it, that doesn't make the mechanic bad either. It is something that will help make the medium skilled player more skilled
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

the game is not only about skilled player,if a medium content player is having trouble,and a skilled player doesn't..it's not that the mechanic is good,the game is for everyone

so if one person in thee entire playerbase can't do it, it should be removed? once the going gets tough, the tough get going or whatever that dumb saying is. im not sure if I'm understanding you correctly, but what I understand is that you don't think skill should be rewarded, or that skill shouldn't be necessary, or that if something requires skill, it shouldn't be in the game. alright cool. korg, gone. reversed controls, gone. half of the games specials, gone. who needs those when you can parry five hit combo to victory
  • FlashSpideyFlashSpidey Posts: 107
    I disagree about root with you, op. I find root really cool. Yes, it is difficult. I'm a very low skill player so I can admit that. But it adds challenges and has so much really cool potential. It forces you to play slightly differently and think. Isn't that what good nodes should do?
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★

the game is not only about skilled player,if a medium content player is having trouble,and a skilled player doesn't..it's not that the mechanic is good,the game is for everyone

so if one person in thee entire playerbase can't do it, it should be removed? once the going gets tough, the tough get going or whatever that dumb saying is. im not sure if I'm understanding you correctly, but what I understand is that you don't think skill should be rewarded, or that skill shouldn't be necessary, or that if something requires skill, it shouldn't be in the game. alright cool. korg, gone. reversed controls, gone. half of the games specials, gone. who needs those when you can parry five hit combo to victory
    is not just one person, thousands of people cant do this.
    i think there should be a way to shut it down though because you can shut down korg shut down reversed controls (or practice it easily) and shut down hard to evade specials
    the only problem i see with it is that is more challenging than fun. fun =/= hard.

nameless thanos was fun
    Moot4Life said:

i think there should be a way to shut it down though because you can shut down korg shut down reversed controls (or practice it easily) and shut down hard to evade specials
    People can’t do it because they’re not used to it. I’m not quite used to it yet either. And that’s okay.
    edited November 2020
    Moot4Life said:

how can you shut down reverse controls? aar? same for root. and in the case for reverse controls, that's been in the game for quite a bit, so people are used to it. people aren't used to root do it'll be hard in the beginning, like any new mechanic. id wager that people will get used to root quicker because there's a lot more access to it and can practice with it in a variety of scenarios
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★

Moot4Life said:

how can you shut down reverse controls? aar? same for root. and in the case for reverse controls, that's been in the game for quite a bit, so people are used to it. people aren't used to root do it'll be hard in the beginning, like any new mechanic. id wager that people will get used to root quicker because there's a lot more access to it and can practice with it in a variety of scenarios
    Actually, the access to it isn't good at all. You don't get practice. Need to either use revives if you die or lose out on getting Gamma. Since you only have limited entries.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★
    I would like it to be in a quest that isn’t timed and doesn’t have an entry fee. That is all
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    It’s a new skill based node. I didn’t do the skill day, but the only one I can forsee being an actual broken issue is the rooted specials. All the others so far have been purely skill based.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★

That makes 0 sense whatsoever. So if one person can’t do reverse controls, it should be removed? Seriously?

Moot4Life said:

Actually, the access to it isn't good at all. You don't get practice. Need to either use revives if you die or lose out on getting Gamma. Since you only have limited entries.
    I think it's better than whenever inverted controls were introduced.(this is just an example) I think it was with emma frost, but I could be wrong. I'd say a daily event with 10 fights is better access than the final boss of an event quest. additionally, there are 7 different things with root, compared to reversed controls on specials attacks. it was mainly a comparison between inverted controls and root, but I do agree it's not that easy to get a ton of experience with it
  • AdokAdok Posts: 274 ★★
    Mr_Holl87 said:

GET RID OF THEM! You seriously want to implement trash mechanics that screw over the players when parry and dex STILL don't work?! This event is great but root is a DISASTER and completely breaks my game and does nothing but screw over the players. FIX the trash in your game before you make new trash. Dang good veteran players getting absolutely robbed in EASY fights with these two nodes alone.

GET RID OF THEM!

Sis, It isn't hard. Just time your Specials right Xd.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★

Moot4Life said:

I think it's better than whenever inverted controls were introduced.(this is just an example) I think it was with emma frost, but I could be wrong. I'd say a daily event with 10 fights is better access than the final boss of an event quest. additionally, there are 7 different things with root, compared to reversed controls on specials attacks. it was mainly a comparison between inverted controls and root, but I do agree it's not that easy to get a ton of experience with it
    I agree with that, but just because it's better than what it was then doesn't mean it should be this way now. If we don't get proper practice in, majority of the players may not like the node. So their feedback won't be productive. On the other hand, allowing unlimited entries and the gamma only once like last months event would give proper practice and possibly better feedback.

Moot4Life said:

there is reverse controls immunity