**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Root Feedback (New Mechanic)

Comments

• VoretexVoretex Posts: 8
    This is only fun with easy matches. When facing hard opponent it's extremely annoying. Being rooted with no rhyme or reason is trash it should either be avoidable with certain situations or possibly be able to root AI opponent would be fun...not this garbage
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,137 ★★★★★
    Jetenyo said:

Root in my experience has not been that bad. My biggest complaint over it is that it may not be working correctly?

When I am Rooted and Parry Stun an opponent, they should be within reach of my attacks. Something I have come across on multiple fights, even if I stun them and they are visibly in range, I cannot touch them with my rooted basic attacks. The Root description even says I can attack, what's the point though if opponent is by default just out of reach?

I think it should be a given if you hit them once while rooted you get UNroooted...it shouldn't rely on throwing specials. This would negate the ridiculousness of hitting them out of range of your attacks. Currently it punishes you twice.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    I dislike it so much I quit doing it. I'll save up and run the robot day over and over because Redneto kills before you run out of hits. And he may even shut down root, but unsure of that.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    Voretex said:

it should be avoidable

It is
  • CashierCashier Posts: 68
    Not sure what people’s problem with it is. Not like it’ll become something in every fight. It’s just a node. One that isn’t that hard.
  • JetenyoJetenyo Posts: 138
    Bugmat78 said:

Jetenyo said:

Root in my experience has not been that bad. My biggest complaint over it is that it may not be working correctly?

When I am Rooted and Parry Stun an opponent, they should be within reach of my attacks. Something I have come across on multiple fights, even if I stun them and they are visibly in range, I cannot touch them with my rooted basic attacks. The Root description even says I can attack, what's the point though if opponent is by default just out of reach?

I think it should be a given if you hit them once while rooted you get UNroooted...it shouldn't rely on throwing specials. This would negate the ridiculousness of hitting them out of range of your attacks. Currently it punishes you twice.
    Becoming unrooted when you hit them wouldn't be that big of a change imo. Root would still exist to catch people off guard which is I suppose part of its purpose. Problem is (again) that I can't reach them while rooted, so technically it wouldn't let me unroot anyway.
  • ljdr77ljdr77 Posts: 62
    IMO days 1 and 7 weren’t too bad but for the most part the rest were horrible. The ai has gotten so smart that the wrong application of this mechanic would be an absolute nightmare.

If this has already been said I apologize as I didn’t read through every comment.
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 864 ★★★★
    Honestly, I really don't like this mechanic.

When rooted, you have go full quake style in order to avoid taking a combo into the block. As someone who depises the quake and bake (mostly cuz I suck and I can't get it), I don't find this enjoyable at all.

You can't hit them since it pushes them back slightly, meaning it's just one hit and then go on the defensive.

Additionally, there are some matchups that are basically stupid with root, such as Omega, where you have to stay away to prevent getting destroyed.

If you are gonna keep it, then please keep it in monthly events. Thank you
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I’m not a big fan of nodes that only have downsides. Things like thorns. These are negative feedback loops where gameplay is normal, unless you do this and then it’s bad. Or gameplay is bad unless you do this and then it’s normal.

My favourite nodes are ones that have positive feedback loops. Where they benefit you if you do something right. Where gameplay is normal, unless you do this then it’s better. Things like the cavalier class boosts. They are incredibly fun and encourage a range of champion usage. I don’t think many people were planning on using luke cage or wasp in the science one, but the debuffs + vulnerability makes them hit crazy hard.

I’m even ok when there’s a downside to a node like this. Where gameplay is normal, but you can do this to make it better, but don’t do this or it’s worse. Something like combo party is a perfect example. Gameplay is normal, but with every 10 hits you get a bonus with crit damage but don’t lose your combo or you take damage.

Unfortunately root is just plain bad. Gameplay is normal, unless the opponent throws a special/heavy, or you don’t do something right etc. In which case you are rooted. There is no possible good scenario in this except gameplay is just normal. There’s no benefit to the player. The choice is experience something bad (being rooted) or have normal gameplay. Where’s the fun in that?
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★

Root is not really fun. Not being able to move during unblockable specials is not something that should be implemented into the game, especially with combo party. This is the worst combination of nodes possible.

Root was a decent idea but it needs to be adjusted, you can still become rooted but either the timer needs to be less or dexing the first hit should free you.

No one wants to fight tigra on a root node.

Again, no one wants to fight taskmaster on diss track. The fact that there are very bad to impossible combinations that could be implemented is nothing new. There are lots of node/champ combinations that would literally be impossible. That doesn't make the node bad. Emma was really hard at first with reverse controls. Lots of complaint posts on the forum. Then people learned how to do it and it's no problem anymore. If they implement Root in later content it'll be like that. Just another node. This post will get lots of disagrees but I'm not wrong lol.
    Completely agreed. I’ll take on the disagree flood with you.

@cashier @Iron_Patriot_is_lit i just read your comments and here is my opinion
    This new mechanic is awful and should not be in game yeah not every nodes should benefit player and they must make the game challenging but not by changing the way our brain memorized to play we never used to dex every special attacks nor we can now not everyone is skilled/have ghost or quake so if u like this node it doesnt mean it's something good while most of the players are whining about it and dont like it so stop acting selfish it doesnt matter where they implant it we gonna play it one day right?it's not the worst node out there but that doesnt mean we need this one in game defenders were easy to fight and there were no nodes on them and it's still hard for many people to counter it. I know that some players like it but most dont so they should either change or remove it

You right, @Nightkiller7312
    Was just speaking for myself. But yeah most people don’t seem to like it.
    HI_guys said:

Cashier said:

Not sure what people’s problem with it is. Not like it’ll become something in every fight. It’s just a node. One that isn’t that hard.

It isn't hard only beavuse we got some of the easiest defenders in the world with absolutely no nodes
    Fair enough
  • RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 ★★★
    The Root node is kinda okay but the Combo Party node punishes you way too hard if you get hit once while being rooted. That way the players who really want to try to do it the right way will have less tries than if it would only have been the Root node.

Too stressful imo, not enjoyable.
  • Odinson9Odinson9 Posts: 115
    Honestly the new root mechanic sucks. You need to dex a heavy more times then normal. Let’s take black widow (OG) for example. She kicks multiple times which you were able to avoid normally, now with this new mechanic you need to dex like 5 times. ANNOYING
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,571 ★★★★★
    As it is now, it’s just a new node that makes things more difficult for the player. Not sure why there’s a thread dedicated to this unless they plan on giving this ability to specific heroes.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

@LeNoirFaineant tbh still some people have problem with reversal nodes/reversal debuff not because they are not skilled it's because we memorized the way we should play and implanted it in our brain we usually evade heavy attacks/some special attacks by spacing them now imagine u should dex them it may not hard for you but for most it is. (Get good) cant be a good solution too because not everyone has time nor energy to play all day to master it. Tbh this one is even harder then reversal and can cost you a lot since attack values are going to be so high. Also i dont think we need nodes like this for now but why they cant make nodes like the ones for cavailer difficulty?

I think people have a hard time with reverse controls on random fights, but no so much on Emma because we've got lots of practice fighting her. I don't see how root is harder. You are using the same evade timing. Many of the applications you can just play around. Root on heavies can be avoided by not playing in a way that causes the AI to throw heavies. One of them you just have to not be far from the defender for long, etc.
  • DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 762 ★★★
    I’m just putting this out there. Hopefully someone with more interest can add more and maybe even video.

I was in the vision daily quest and was rooted by a heavy from black widow. I used a special since her heavy is like 32 hits. I was able to about damage from her heavy. I was rooted during my special, after my special. Was still rooted after the timer had gone away.

It says that if I perform a special during the root, It will automatically go away. I think. They make it sound like you won’t get it anymore for the rest of the fight. I’m sure they mean that during my special attack I can’t be rooted.

That’s it! No videos, only happened once. Adiós!