**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I hate to say this, but SoP’s Rewards to Difficulty ratio is way too high

167891012»

Comments

• Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,302 ★★★★★

grfvb said:

grfvb said:

Crcrcrc said:

Wow, 100 disagrees. I guess we’ll see if I’m right when the rewards pay out

im surprised it's not more... please educate yourself on how mobile game economy works before writing such garbage..a simple googling would do. or at least read DNA's feedback. he's got very valid points backed up with hard facts. i suggest everyone reading DNA's posts.. pure knowledge, no misinterpretation or misleading nonsense...
    I’m pretty sure DNA has also said it’s too easy.
    I am not talking about difficulty of SOP... like it or not... you cannot objectively state if any content is easy or dificulty. it's all relative.

i encourage you to read his posts again, got lots of insight (again forget about whether SoP is easy or not, it's about understanding the logic behind rewards structure in context of overall game econ) a bit longer posts, but not even DNA is smart enough to explain complex dynamics of this game in 2 sentences...
    But this post is so intrinsically linked to the difficulty of SoP, that you can’t just decide not to include it in your argument. The entire premise is that if SoP was harder, there wouldn’t be any question at all about the rewards given out.
    How difficult is it to whip out your wallet and buy t5cc?
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,106 ★★★★
    edited August 2021
    Getting a t5cc is not hard. You just need 5k units, duped 5/65 aegon and maybe torch. You don't even need much skill as my own and others experience shows; 5 hit combo and some rudimentary dex skills.

Getting a t5cc is easy with the above. There was no skill check to getting t5cc, just an aegon and 5k units check. And that's how most people did it from the options available:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/265607/how-did-you-get-the-t5cc-for-thronebreaker#latest

Is sop easier? Yes.

But.

To get from cav to TB (and the mists of time may have lessened the memory of the pain) means beating mordo, champion, Medusa, capiw, Mysterio and the grandmaster. There are far more roster checks in beating act 6 than there are in getting a t5cc.

There used to be a 5k unit premium, top end, plus aegon requirement to getting a whole t5cc in the past. I actually think that this change therefore represents fair progress.

Additional TBs is not going to unbalance the game.

That will be relics.....
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Kerneas said:

DNA3000 said:

Crcrcrc said:

Tb is also going to no longer be a very rare title, because most cavs are going to be getting it after SoP.

It isn't really intended to be a rare title, but regardless most Cavs aren't going to become TB after SoP rewards go out because they will still need 6.4 completion, which contrary to what some people say is still a significant barrier for most players. What this will do is make the R3 hurdle extremely low for Cavs who live through SoP.

But once SoP is gone (and technically, in terms of T5CC it is already at the point where newly minted Cavs can't get high enough anymore) every player that reaches Cav afterwards will have the same hurdle as Cav players had before SoP. SoP's Cav2TB benefits are temporary.
    6.4 completion is easy tho, compared to obtaining t5cc
    That depends greatly on how patient you are. It is in general significantly more difficult to get T5CC from zero quickly compared to getting 6.4 completion from zero quickly. However, if you're patient, it is usually massively more difficult to get 6.4 completion than your first T5CC, because you can get T5CC from Cav EQ and side quests eventually.

If you're a high skill player there's a steep but short path to TB, and the hardest leg of it is probably getting T5C selectors from the Abyss. If you're a medium skill player there's a more conventional path to TB (now) that involves slowly acquiring T5CC from monthly content and Variants and building roster to have reasonably strong options for easy path Act 6 completion. If you're a low skill player there's a very low skill but probably very long path to TB that gets there eventually that involves slowly building up a gigantic roster of strong R2 and even R3 champs from monthly content to overwhelm Act 6.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Crcrcrc said:

grfvb said:

grfvb said:

grfvb said:

Crcrcrc said:

Wow, 100 disagrees. I guess we’ll see if I’m right when the rewards pay out

im surprised it's not more... please educate yourself on how mobile game economy works before writing such garbage..a simple googling would do. or at least read DNA's feedback. he's got very valid points backed up with hard facts. i suggest everyone reading DNA's posts.. pure knowledge, no misinterpretation or misleading nonsense...
    I’m pretty sure DNA has also said it’s too easy.
    I am not talking about difficulty of SOP... like it or not... you cannot objectively state if any content is easy or dificulty. it's all relative.

i encourage you to read his posts again, got lots of insight (again forget about whether SoP is easy or not, it's about understanding the logic behind rewards structure in context of overall game econ) a bit longer posts, but not even DNA is smart enough to explain complex dynamics of this game in 2 sentences...
    Yes this content is relatively breadcrumbs compared to the difficulty people go through to get selectors in act 6. Act 7 is way longer than what we have to do here. I suggest you read other people's posts as well and try and understand their perspectives as well.
    i do read other ppl's posts if they have valid arguments and i appreciate some perspectives but mostly coming from lack of knowledge or just fallacy - e.g. how can you compare rewards/effort of act 6, 7 and SOP when they were constructed different time, under different conditions and for different purpose, etc

dont be too negative my guy, i am just encouraging hopefully majority of reasonable forum users to appreciate we have chance to peak into dev kitchen via DNA.

DNA isn’t an mcoc dev, and this is an anonymous forum. That makes him pretty much have the same level of qualifications as everyone else here without proof otherwise. As far as we know, he could just be making it up as he goes along, and so could I. Nobody has any idea, so every comment should be taken with a grain of salt
    I will say people should be skeptical about anyone posting on an anonymous forum, because there's just too many millionaires that know Kung Fu and sleep with supermodels.

At the end of the day, it comes down to credibility. Everyone has to decide whether a poster has credibility, based on what they say and how they present what they say. Credibility is not the same thing as accuracy, by the way. I get things wrong all the time, because I make careless errors or I have some misunderstanding. Even if you believe I'm credible, that doesn't make me infallible. Although it is rare for me to make an obvious error that goes unchallenged, so at least there's that: if I make a mistake, chances are higher you'll find out about it when I make that mistake than when another random person does.

If someone wants to agree with me, that's cool. If they want to disagree with me, that's also cool. If someone wants to quote or reference me (to amplify or to refute), that's why I post, so have at it. But while I appreciate it, no one should feel the need to defend me. I've been here for a long time and I don't take things too personally, so I'm not going to be discouraged from posting any time soon. I think my posts speak for themselves, and everyone is free to judge them on their content.

Having said all of that, I will say that only an idiot would lie about having conversations with the developers of the game on their own official forums. The developers themselves might not step in to refute that, but there are enough other players with direct contact with the devs wandering around, and they wouldn't have the same hesitation to squish a fraud. So take that for what it is worth. As to any other experience I might have in the games industry, that would be difficult to prove without, say posting a contract or something (which I believe I'm legally barred from doing anyway), but once again that's not an easy thing to make up without sounding like an ignoramus. I could fool the average player, but not actually knowledgeable people, of which again there are some floating around.

It is a lot more difficult to feign expertise than most people think. You can do it to people who know less than you, but everyone that knows more will spot you pretty much instantly.