**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Back Issues #8: Deadpoolooza!

Comments

• Ceo_WakefordCeo_Wakeford Posts: 115
    )))
  • GasHaulerGasHauler Posts: 174
    @Kabam Thrillson I think a majority of the people sound like they agree that Variant rewards are now a little stale, but not because of the 6* resources. I think the worst part is that you only get 1 4-5 5* rank up gem! A larger base of players’ 6* rosters are growing (a good thing for sure), but that means their 5* champs are collecting dust unranked.

Just in the past couple of months alone, I’ve pulled, duped & R2’d 6* Magneto, R2’d Warlock (soon R3), Venompool and Sorc. Supreme. Odin to R3, Mangog to R3 for war defense…

In the last few weeks I’ve pulled 6* Hercules, Domino (don’t have her as a 5*!) and Diablo, and also have Ibom, Karnak, Nebula, Storm X (and many others) sitting at R1!

Am I going to want to use any of my preciously limited T4/5 B/C and T2A Cats to R4+:

5* BWDO, CGR, Guardian, Gwenpool, IHulk, Kingpin, Kitty Pryde, Hit-Monkey, Masacre, Namor, Overseer, Platinumpool, Red Guardian, She-Hulk, Silver Surfer, Stark Spidey, Sym Supreme, Thing, Thor Ragnarok, Venom, War Machine (Lots of other good ones), all of whom are really useful champs for content and I don’t have as 6* yet?

NOPE! That’s why we need more than one 5* 4-5 rank up gem! I would still like to rank some of those really nice 5* champs that are very useful for AQ, AW and story/monthly/side quest content, and not just 1 every few months when a new Variant comes out.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Chikel said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Rewards are weak for state of game

For how easy variants are these days, probably too good of rewards.
    Easy for a TB or veteran cav with wide rosters and experience. For people who this content is aimed at, it's probably not easy especially since the usable pool is small.
    Also, even as a TB, the new variants aren't easier, I found V3 and 4 completion and exploration easier. The champions are older and the nodes easier. V5, 6 and 7 have newer champions with harder to evade specials, higher attack values and newer "fun and interactive nodes"
    Pretty sure my archangel was killing people in v7 with like 5 heavies and that’s it.

To the extent that 5-7 are harder, the rewards are better to match. V4 was one of my favorite pieces of content in this game, but that Deadpool and electro were worse than any boss in 5-7, and supposedly the buffed Hulkbuster is now a jerk, though I haven’t played it myself.
    AA only gets you past Ch.1. You still need to beat Miles and Venom.
    V4 was also my favorite content with the exception of the 1* quest. It was a massive slog. Both Deadpool and Electro were easy soloes with Hyperion. Ibom with health boosts can also solo because of willpower (Spam sp2) I actually found the final MK boss worse because of the random evades. I only soloed him once. HB was surprisingly soloable with Colossus so long as you have willpower and don't get more than 1 shock at a time on you. The Hulk and Vision lanes were the worst.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★

Wiredawg1 said:

This isn't endgame content anymore either. If you're looking for T6B and T3A, ask Carina for a new Challenge!
    Speak for yourself: I've fully explored all Variants (bar V1, only completed), Act 7 and I'm at 91% exploration for Act 6 and yet I find Variants to be extremely tough. They are end-game content for me, more than the majority of Act 6 ^_^
    Yea, the recent variants have roster restrictions that are certainly endgame.
  • I agree with most of the players, the rewards are Weak, most of the players are now either Cavalier or Thronebreaker level and they want to upgrade 6 star champs to compete in AQ and AW plus do higher level end game materials. Variant 8 has more emphasis on upgrading 5 star champs (like 5* awakening gem, 5* R5 champ upgrade etc) and no emphasis on upgrading 6 star champs. I was looking forward to Variant 8 and I normally have a lot fun with the Variants but it also give me the opportunity to upgrade my champs to higher level but now I am not motivated to do Variant 8 as the rewards doesn't help me in upgrading my champs to compete in current level of play. Previous Variants used to provide rewards at the current level of play. Kabam should rethink about the rewards.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Wiredawg1 said:

This isn't endgame content anymore either. If you're looking for T6B and T3A, ask Carina for a new Challenge!
    Speak for yourself: I've fully explored all Variants (bar V1, only completed), Act 7 and I'm at 91% exploration for Act 6 and yet I find Variants to be extremely tough. They are end-game content for me, more than the majority of Act 6 ^_^
    Wait, I thought you had everything done.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 ★★★★★

XOXO Thrillhouse

Sooo. What is your highest score on Bonestorm?
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 797 ★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Hen4y said:

Hi There, basically I can't understand the meaning of this variant, the game has now shifted to using the 6s characters, even the new players (not the players who have just started), no longer use 5s, the rewards include runkup for 5s characters, some of which with the further limitation of PG under 2017, it is simply anachronistic, I refuse to think that the rewards cannot be adjusted to 2021, 48 stone 5s who are they for now? but then why the choice to keep the rewards equal to variant 7, where people were already complaining because they were anachronistic?

If you want to get rankup resources for 6*, all of act 7 is at your disposal. Variants aren't meant to be endgame content. It's a early 6.1 level, fun and challenging content. The statement that noone uses 5* anymore is just dumb. 5r5s are still really useful during act7 exploration.
    Those rankup gems are really helpful too when you don't want to waste resources on 5*s and use those on 6*. It saves you t4c and t2a.

I really don't understand the complaining. I bet 90% of those who want variants to have 6* r2-3 gems and 30.678 6* shards are far from act7 and/or act6 exploration.

Also, it gives 4 mil gold and 3 whole t5b and 5k 6* shards. Its pretty good even for vets.
  • looking at the state of the game rewards are weak, They should give more 6 star shards like 10,000.
  • Nalak8Nalak8 Posts: 387 ★★★
    I always find MCOC’s English a bit odd and grammatically off. I wonder if they outsource their writing department.
  • jondark86jondark86 Posts: 108 ★★
    I was hoping for more 6* crystal shards, 2 x 25% t5cc selector.... maybe a 6* Nexus for 100% exploration....

😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑
  • JohnnooooooJohnnoooooo Posts: 123 ★★★
    What about the day one players like me that have literally every pre 2017 ranked up past the gems? I’ll have no use for any of them
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★

Why did you think i've done everything? ^^"
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Why did you think i've done everything? ^^"
    For some reason I thought you were satsui no hadou and you reply for all gameplay questions and stuff
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★

the hardest resource by far for end game players to acquire is t5b, and this quest gives 3 full t5b!

This is the one thing that will make me explore it.

Dr. Zola
  • Nihal_BNihal_B Posts: 11
    Is variant 8 coming out today or tmw UK time
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,974 ★★★★★
    Hen4y said:

Hi There, basically I can't understand the meaning of this variant, the game has now shifted to using the 6s characters, even the new players (not the players who have just started), no longer use 5s, the rewards include runkup for 5s characters, some of which with the further limitation of PG under 2017, it is simply anachronistic, I refuse to think that the rewards cannot be adjusted to 2021, 48 stone 5s who are they for now? but then why the choice to keep the rewards equal to variant 7, where people were already complaining because they were anachronistic?

There are players in varying levels of progression. After the backlash of V1 and it's difficulty, Kabam went the other direction and nerfed the difficulty to near zero.

Back issues are nothing more than updated versions of past quest meant to show people what players did back in the day. You can see the original form in the classic version and the updated version in the variant version.

The content itself isn't that hard. The rewards are really fine for as little effort there is to complete these quests. Not everyone is done with all content so those looking to expand their 5* rosters and get some extra goodies, this content is for them.

Personally, I like the T5B and gold. Always need those.