**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Parry Input Issue - Android Devices [Merged Threads]

Comments

• vomelunvomelun Posts: 16
    Raichu626 said:

Haven't had any issues myself on Android after updating, but maybe I just didn't notice in arena

the problems are not in arena. the problems is in the rest.... aw. aq and at incursions.
  • vomelunvomelun Posts: 16
    I couldn't parry a single time at war. in the arena, haven't tried yet but yesterday was fine. in daily missions, I think a could parry also. how would you expect us to compete in equal conditions if iPhones are the only ones without issues? the parry problem is getting worse.
    lenovo tab M10
    samsung tab SMT510
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,011 ★★★★★
    jondark86 said:

It is really disrespectful as there is no support whatsoever. Kabam's arrogance knows no bounds. Thousands of people writing and protesting about a serious problem and are not able to make a safe decision, such as ending the war to avoid harming android users. I recommend that you leave your comments on the playstore, so that they at least have that negative publicity.

@Kabam Miike how do you feel about it.....

It's not 1000's of people, it's maybe a hundred or so. War was already started so they aren't just going to stop it. If they cancel the season, this war won't count.

Miike and Boo have already commented on this thread, acknowledged the issue and have sent back our info to the game team.

If you have the magic wand, then by all means, share it with them. Google not Apple ratings aren't going to magically fix the issue or make them work any harder at finding the problem.
  • hmdemerahmdemera Posts: 78
    Kabam Boo said:

Thanks for your further clarifications, folks!
    The team is working on figuring out where the discrepancy is.
    Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding at this time.

Thank you for communicating to us. I am on a Samsung Note 20+ Ultra 5G and have been having similar problems as described. The timing on to dex and parry are much different than before the update. Unfortunately, it took two deaths in war before I realized what was going on. Combined with the AQ unlist issue, I really don't believe war is tangible. I am going to assume AQ will have similar issues, therefore should be postponed.
  • HERUHERU Posts: 121 ★★
    Terrible update!
    The lag makes it impossible to play: lost 3 champs in AW because of this. I have a POCO X3 NFC and usually even at 60Hz is butter smooth. Now I'm playing at 8fps!
    Missing all inputs, parry, evade, everything has 500-800ms delay.

Please @Kabam Porthos fix this messy update and cancel AW results!!!
  • ThomildoThomildo Posts: 442 ★★★
    I don’t think it just affects android users. I’m on iOS and the timing on parry and dex is really weird since the update. Thought i had adjusted pretty well but something’s different now.
    edited February 2022

Samsung S10 here... haven't updated and WILL NOT update until I understand what is going on here.
    Most of my ally members who have updated have similar issues as described on the prev 10 pages!

Need a quick solution here. My suggestion --> put AQ/AQ on hold, delay release of new EQ/SQ, roll things back to previous version of the game... and then find out what causes this problem

Thank you.

I get the frustration, but there's no need for head hunting. It's not as simple as a line of code being messed up. It most likely is connected to the Unity Engine issue iOS users were experiencing and that is a very, very complicated issue. No one is trying to sabotage anything and it's really hard to believe how anyone could think they'd purposefully put an update out if they knew it was like this which means, it wasn't caught in their testing. Also not every Android user is experiencing the issue either so it's not a obvious issue that they can see and fix.
  • If this war wasn't going to count for the season, they would have already spoken out

looks like they've been on vacation since december, apparently nothing will happen and later they'll give some more resources as compensation

Yes, that's exactly it. They've been on vacation since December. Lets just ignore also that Miike and Boo are already in this thread and let's also ignore that it's outside their normal business hours for the main Mods. But yes, you are 100% correct.
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    vomelun said:

Raichu626 said:

Haven't had any issues myself on Android after updating, but maybe I just didn't notice in arena

the problems are not in arena. the problems is in the rest.... aw. aq and at incursions.
    It's definitely in arenas.

If this war wasn't going to count for the season, they would have already spoken out

That's just not true. It's happened after war started and its not everyone being affected as well as no ones there to make that decision right now. When they were gathering info, it was too early to tell if they should cancel the war or not. Y'all really need to calm down and stop acting like this.
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Posts: 6,454 Guardian
    edited February 2022

This post will be deleted because it's not constructive and you know what, I'm fine with that. This may be my last post here as I'm betting this game is DONE. This recent parry issue is insane. Why don't @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra get on an android device and try to play this disaster on and play through this dumpster fire instead of asking us to post a video where you can't see our inputs for blocks... this should be the FIRST step taken when an issue is brought up. Do moderators even play the game? The inaction of the game team is killing the game. You are the equivalent of a self checkout at a grocery store... let me give you my money and do the work for you too.

They need more than just what they may seem to see how big of an issue this is, what type of interactions everyone is seeing, things like that. They are mods tou relay information, not the developers themselves. Also there is a person checkout at self checkout if needed and have had to use them when the self checkout isn't working. Different teams do different things and if you work, you probably know this as well. Plus it's important to get as much information as you can to the devs especially when the issue, like this one, is varying between people
  • FredericogoulartFredericogoulart Posts: 13
    edited February 2022
    Demonzfyre said:
    That's just not true. It's happened after war started and its not everyone being affected as well as no ones there to make that decision right now. When they were gathering info, it was too early to tell if they should cancel the war or not. Y'all really need to calm down and stop acting like this.

I hope you are correct, what i wanna to say is that we dont have more time to wait in the currently war, we must finish and wait any action

Demonzfyre said:

I hope you are correct, what i wanna to say is that we dont have more time to wait in the currently war, we must finish and wait any action

They won't shut off the war regardless, it's going to continue whether they cancel the war or not. Just play for like it counts for now and let's see what they do.
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    edited February 2022
    great. i was planning to finish up the monthly side quests this morning and i woke up to my MCOC version already updated so now because of the android input issues i won't be able to as the fights at the top tier are hard enough as it is. Thanks for the lost 6* shards....
  • Starhawk said:

great. i was planning to finish up the monthly side quests this morning and i woke up to my MCOC version getting updated so now because of the android input issues i won't be able to as the fights at the top tier are hard enough as it is. Thanks for the lost 6* shards....

I recommend practicing in arena to try and get the timing down before doing the rest of the content
  • PsyGrinder_XPsyGrinder_X Posts: 58
    edited February 2022
    Playing on Galaxy s8.
    War, and Arena have become unplayable. I have not tested other areas, I'm a little distraught. Parry rarely works. Blocks seem to be doing nothing half of the time. The game play is very choppy. Before the update the animations were smooth.
  • Thekiller8967Thekiller8967 Posts: 323 ★★
    I dont understand how at the very bare minimum this war isnt cancelled?? Not even a forum banner
  • pikapika Posts: 74
    I wouldnt be very surprised to see the android FPS bug gets fixed when post-middle 2019 where u lose half fps whatever refresh mode you choose. Since this is the only time where many Android phones are affected, especially with 90hz+ displays, would be a good chance for they make some upsi and fix the issue.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★

There's an issue, and they're looking into it. I get that frustrations are paramount, but there's no use in dog piling on people and arguing about testing. If it was preventable before it was released, they wouldn't have released it. As much as people are frustrated, we're just going to have to wait for them to look into it.

You have to be joking, it’s been 7 years of this. They release broken things every month. We have been the testers the entire time. The whole if it would have been preventable they wouldn’t release is crazy. If that was the case we wouldn’t have had an update ever in the last 8 months at minimum.
    I'd like to see the data to support 7 years of this.
  • Doc_ocDoc_oc Posts: 14
    Parry issue is worsen now after update, Everytime i tried to parry it failed
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    I seriously don't understand the posture of some people defending Kabam on this..
    There is a thread "investigating" the issue... Where members of the forum which is a minority of players were asked to give some input... Since i went to bed to now.. 5 hours... 2.1k new messages.. and thats for players THAT BOTHER BEING IN THE FORUM.
    Statements like well.. they cant test it cause android has a broad number of devices... Yes it is true.. but if u see the whole 2021 history with botched quests, broken objectives, people double dipping on rewards, missed drop rates or inexistent drop rates being show, events being shut down and restarted, champions being buffed and then adjusted.. ITS OBVIOUS we are the guinea pigs to test the game for them, its ridiculous at this point.
    When the first parry issue was shown, they shut down the whole season, then they said it only affected iOS users, now they say its only Android users but they keep this war season going. Yeah i understand that shutting down 3 war seasons looks really bad, but its worse to keep it going.
    Have in mind AQ is about to start as well, JUST Roll back the game, no one is willing to do a new EQ and Side EQ with a frame rate of 30 fps and a broken game.
  • tstatsta Posts: 11
    This is just inacceptable I updated the game and immediately got greeted by parry issues not a single parry was working and that's on arena u guys need to give out some kind of compensation on this and fix the issue before new content is out or many Android users will be missing out on the sq and aw and aq
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 798 ★★★★
    With Huawei P20Pro I had like 6 "mistimed" parry against bishop and BW (DO). Happy that I'm not crazy or something.
    Sad that it cost me 2 deaths in war