**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Introducing the next Campaign Progression Level: Paragon!

Comments

• Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★

I've completed everything the game has to offer. Carina Challenge's included, as well as the Summer of Pain event. Adding that I also completed the Grandmaster's Gauntlet, and bought the unit offers there as well on cyber monday, and 4th of july (although I don't remember if those had rank 4 materials in them).

Having said that, it is not possible for me to have a 3rd rank 4 champion. Luckily I recently got the champion to use the gem I got on act 7, so that will sort my 2nd option.

So, how's that? Even with additional ways of getting these materials than the one's that were pointed out, it is still not possible for a player like me to get a 3rd rank 4 champion. So clearly something must be wrong there with your calculations.

There seems to be the intention to tie it to the upcoming act 8 and of course fourth of July and spring cleaning
  • Yaron_avivYaron_aviv Posts: 37
    Paulr2011 said:

This is the first time that I’ve really felt that a new progression title was solidly locked behind a pay wall. I’m fairly certain I could 100% all in game content and still not have 3 rank 4 6*s.

You couldn’t. That’s my point.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    A bit irritating that the number is 3 and not 2, as 2 is still such a tough number to reach at the moment. But it is what it is.

All I really ask honestly is that you update the daily objective crystals. They suck so bad.
  • YimiGotayYimiGotay Posts: 100
    For the amount of resources to get to rank 4, it should be 1 or 2 champions. I hope that the event that is launched will be with many resources
  • XSquadXSquad Posts: 147 ★★
    what about sigil and glory store updates?
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 934 ★★★★★
    I have 1 R4, not far off my 2nd R4. I’m ok with having to earn the right for another R4. It sucks a bit that if I purchase everything I could already be there but the guys the buy everything keep the game running. If we don’t have the opportunity to have earned another 2-3 R4’s over the next few months then maybe get the pitch forks out.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,980 ★★★★★

Using AW rewards as justification is pretty bad, especially since the catties were only available to Master (top 20) until this season

I can see requiring 2… but 3 only really caters to top top .01% of MCOC

And as a warning, any Paragon deals on July 4 better not be insanely higher than TB (like the difference between Cav and TB is now)

But that's exactly what this title is intended for right out of the gate. It's meant for those who don't have much if anything other than high tier AQ and AW. it's not meant for someone that isn't at that point yet.
  • TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    I tick pretty much all the boxes
    but can we get clarification pls on what high tier alliance is? @Kabam Miike
    How long do you have to be in one?

I play AQ competitively just not AW. The alliance requirement is really annoying.
  • JhonST33JhonST33 Posts: 499 ★★★
    edited April 2022

Jaded said:

Idk why progression titles have to be tied to rank ups. Bad form to continue this trend imo.

Because we can no longer tie them to Story Content without significantly raising the difficulty again, and that's not what players want. They are not just a random reward, but a differentiator for where Players are in-game, what content would be a challenge to them, and what rewards they need to move forward.

Roster strength is a better indicator than just having completed Act 7 now.
    Is funny that you said that players, us, want this kind of limitations to obtain progression titles, I wonder what kind of players you ask for this.
    Also you said that if you have exolored or completed all game content (this is rigth), you play high tier AQ (this is great to) and if you purchased the act 7 exploration bundle (this is bad, this is a coward way to you don't admit that this title is make for you greater wallets), maybe if you said at beginning of the act 7. 4 the weird requirements many of us will be purchased the bundle but for many of us just a random rank 4 was enough and don't spent on this bundle cause was expensive.
  • Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,005 ★★★★

I am a very old player.
    By no means a whale but definitely not a zero spender.
    I have completed 100% act 7 (and all of book 1) - every variant - 100% summer of pain and 100% gauntlet.
    I cherry picked carina challenges.
    I bought max unit deals in both previous Black Friday and July 4th deals.
    I bought the 10k unit deal at the end of 7.4.

And so, as you can imagine, progression wise - after 6 years in the game, I feel that I should be at the top.

DESPITE ALL THIS I only have 2 r4 six stars and only half the rank up materials for a 3rd, and so fall short on the new Paragon title.
    How could this be?
    This is really maddening. It will definitely make me think again before spending a dime on a game that looks at my efforts and spits in my face.

At least act 6 had a full t5cc as a reward for exploration allowing you to become thronebreaker of you did the content. Needing 3 r4 champs makes paragon have nothing to do with story progression, please correct me if I’m wrong.

Unless eternity of pain comes out RIGHT NOW and allows me to compete my progression, I will be forced to reconsider my devotion to the game, especially if I will again be shafted come July 4th deals…

Cry about it, u r an old player and in order to get the new title u have to get only half the materials for only 1 r4, and that's all. For a title that really is meant for the top players, having to get only that is nothing, we have to really work hard now, and get 3 r4s

U r at a good place
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,823 ★★★★★

Hey all,

There was one point missing, and I know it's going to be a contentious one, but I want to be transparent. A majority of F2P players that have 3x R4 Champions (yes, they do exist) purchased the 10k Unit Offer at the end of Act 7 Chapter 4. For those that did not, or still have content to complete/missed SoP, there is still content coming that will help you get to Paragon.

This is not meant to be accessible to everybody the day that it drops, the same way the Thronebreaker was not, and is a new title to grind and fight for.

Even with that offer, it is still not possible. There is still something missing. And I'm adding points that I completed and aren't listed in the first post, like Grandmaster Gauntlet and offers.

Keep in mind, the first rank 4 champion that a F2P could get came with the full T3 alpha on the Carina's volume 2 challenges. Not even eith the fragments. I'm excluding gifting crystals from the equation here of course.
    So ever since those challenge arrived, how was there enough materials for the 3rd rank 4 champions, if none were added apart from the T3 alpha on this months side quest?
    Exactly this! This is ridiculous! I bought the 10k too but the third r4 is Miles away
  • DynamicsDynamics Posts: 1
    Well I understand tying the game to roster progression but really this is just a pay wall which most f2p games have turned into unless R4 material is more available tied through content. Cheers to another 7 years, a part of my soul died today