Introducing the next Campaign Progression Level: Paragon!

Comments

• PseudouberPseudouber Member Posts: 793 ★★★
    Kabam, you want to make some real money. Put out a Thronebreaker daily and include T6B and T3A shards.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,501 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Still no word about this issue.

Tomorrow drops the money cleaning event deals, and some people will buy another rank 4 champion just for the sake of this title.

Last thing you need now is to change the requirements after selling the product. So if we don't get any news about this till tomorrow, I can assume that nothing will change and that this issue will be going forward

I have my doubts it will change. It didn't change last time, and the feedback was on par.
    This is a whole other issue, not comparable to the situation with the TB title.
    I think they should make a title just for you and your asinine view. Only requirement for you is to pay your way to the title.

This is very much like TB. People didn't like the requirements then and you don't like them now. There is zero difference.
    If you’re obtuse, there’s no difference at all. If you exercise an ounce of critical thinking, you realize that there’s an enormous difference. Thronebreaker required one champ, not three. The ability to get the resource was in-game from the moment it was announced. It was announced four months after new content and two months after July 4.

This was announced two months prior to July 4 and before summer content with gated rewards. It was announced one month after the required content, and it was never disclosed how significant the act offer might be for the new title right around the corner.

You can have a t6b and a t3a right now. If you’ve already cleared act 7, you have no way to do anything to use those two catalysts. They’re literally unavailable in any meaningful quantity.
    Saying it's prior to July 4th in the middle of April is a bit of a stretch.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,807 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

Tomorrow drops the money cleaning event deals, and some people will buy another rank 4 champion just for the sake of this title.

Last thing you need now is to change the requirements after selling the product. So if we don't get any news about this till tomorrow, I can assume that nothing will change and that this issue will be going forward

I have my doubts it will change. It didn't change last time, and the feedback was on par.
    I think they should make a title just for you and your asinine view. Only requirement for you is to pay your way to the title.

This is very much like TB. People didn't like the requirements then and you don't like them now. There is zero difference.
    Thronebreaker was a made up issue about "what about RNG". Paragon is "the catalysts do not exist in game without buying offers". This is not the same issue.
    Except they do exist in the game 🤷

Being "possible" to acquire a title, and being "impossible" to acquire the title, are two very much different things.

Again, the initial premise to release the title has been proved incomplete, and Kabam made a mistake there. Go back read the thread.
    No, you think it has been proved incomplete but you are wrong. It's your opinion that it can't be but again, you are wrong.

Literally the same. A new benchmark is introduced, people protest the requirements.
    The requirements that Kabam itself said aren't enough to obtain the title. Introducing the title like this would be against their own words
    Again, for the 1000th time, in your personal calculation, you aren't counting AQ and AW. Kabam is. Kabam is listing all the ways to get R4 mats without spending on real cash offers.
    TyEdge said:

If you’re obtuse, there’s no difference at all. If you exercise an ounce of critical thinking, you realize that there’s an enormous difference. Thronebreaker required one champ, not three. The ability to get the resource was in-game from the moment it was announced. It was announced four months after new content and two months after July 4.

This was announced two months prior to July 4 and before summer content with gated rewards. It was announced one month after the required content, and it was never disclosed how significant the act offer might be for the new title right around the corner.

You can have a t6b and a t3a right now. If you’ve already cleared act 7, you have no way to do anything to use those two catalysts. They’re literally unavailable in any meaningful quantity.
    TB was released a month before cyber weekend. 🤷 Much bigger than 4th of July.

The resources for 3 r4s has been in the game. Just because people like and ebony aren't counting AQ and AW, doesn't mean those avenues don't exist.

How was literally any F2P player supposed to know that the 10k offer from act 7 was essentially a must-buy in order to become Paragon?

No one ever said they were supposed to know. People that picked it up, wanted the offer to rank up.
  • IKONIKON Member Posts: 1,352 ★★★★★

IKON said:

Thronebreaker was a made up issue about "what about RNG". Paragon is "the catalysts do not exist in game without buying offers". This is not the same issue.
    Ok, explain how an account right now can become Paragon. Assume they have no T6B or T3A, how do you get the materials?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,947 ★★★★★

Literally the same. A new benchmark is introduced, people protest the requirements.
    The requirements that Kabam itself said aren't enough to obtain the title. Introducing the title like this would be against their own words
    Again, for the 1000th time, in your personal calculation, you aren't counting AQ and AW. Kabam is. Kabam is listing all the ways to get R4 mats without spending on real cash offers.
    They weren't counting offers as well. But then they did added one as an excuse, and might still be counting with the other one's as well. Completely going against what it was stated

IKON said:

IKON said:

IKON said:

Ok, explain how an account right now can become Paragon. Assume they have no T6B or T3A, how do you get the materials?

You think this title is meant for someone with zero r4s right now?
    That's not the point of the question. The point is to have a path to Paragon laid out for those who can't be yet. That path does not exist.
    Lol the path is to continue playing the game. If you don't have any R4 mats right now-
    Act 7
    Carinas challenges
    Plus future content.

It's the same path all of use currently have taken to get R4 mats.

What a stupid question.
    Cool, now what about the temporary content, the Act 7 offer, and alliance choices people make not knowing they'll have content locked for them based on these decisions?
    IKON said:

IKON said:

IKON said:

IKON said:

That's not the point of the question. The point is to have a path to Paragon laid out for those who can't be yet. That path does not exist.
    Lol the path is to continue playing the game. If you don't have any R4 mats right now-
    Act 7
    Carinas challenges
    Plus future content.

What a stupid question.
    Cool, now what about the temporary content, the Act 7 offer, and alliance choices people make not knowing they'll have content locked for them based on these decisions?
    Then they'll hit Paragon at a later time? What is your point?
    IKON said:

IKON said:

IKON said:

Didn't people who didn't have an R3 have the same problem when TB was introduced? It's the same. Not everyone is going to have everything they need right away.

IKON said:

IKON said:

IKON said:

IKON said:

Act 7
    Carinas challenges
    Plus future content.

What a stupid question.
    Then they'll hit Paragon at a later time? What is your point?
    I have no point, have a nice day. Life is so much better when I avoid the forums.

IKON said:

IKON said:

IKON said:

Didn't people who didn't have an R3 have the same problem when TB was introduced?
    No, they didn't. The so called "path" existed at the time for everyone
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,068 ★★★★★

IKON said:

IKON said:

IKON said:

Didn't people who didn't have an R3 have the same problem when TB was introduced? It's the same. Not everyone is going to have everything they need right away.
    Just wrong. After Thronebreaker was announced you had 30 days to beat the GM and Abyss. There was an RNG aspect as your T5cc had to be for a 6 star class you owned. But if you wanted that title that’s it. The path was available for day one access.

IKON said:

IKON said:

IKON said:

Didn't people who didn't have an R3 have the same problem when TB was introduced?
    Well the so-called "path" existed for some with this one, because people have 3+ R4s currently. Once again, there's an assumption that people are supposed to have the means the second it comes out. Not everyone.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Member Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

IKON said:

IKON said:

Best point I've seen since the issue was raised. You can't talk your way out of that fact.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,068 ★★★★★

IKON said:

IKON said:

IKON said:

Well the so-called "path" existed for some with this one, because people have 3+ R4s currently. Once again, there's an assumption that people are supposed to have the means the second it comes out. Not everyone.
    The point which seems to be purposely ignored at this point and time is anybody could play the game and achieve TB between the time it was announced and when it went live because you could get the required resources by completing PERMANENT CONTENT.

That is not the case here as the permanent content providing the resources does not exist. I’m fine with the requirement itself just think the community uproar is more than justified

They weren't counting offers as well. But then they did added one as an excuse, and might still be counting with the other one's as well. Completely going against what it was stated

Yes they were. The forgot to add the 7.4 offer in the op announcement.
  • ChovnerChovner Member Posts: 1,222 ★★★★★
    Make it Act 7 100% Exploration and 2 R4’s and all the backlash goes away…. DO IT KABAM!!!!!

You’re welcome

Yes they were. The forgot to add the 7.4 offer in the op announcement.
    Nop, offers aren't included here. They had to add that one as a last resource excuse
  • CR3WL1FECR3WL1FE Member Posts: 6
    If all the resources to rank up 3 x rank 4 were available through permanent in game content during the launch of the new progression level... or post launch. I would understand the decision, and be totally on board.

But there isn't..... you should be able to pick this game up, at any point and be able (if skilled enough) to reach the Paragon progression level.

Unit offers, non-permanent content, and a requirement to be in a "high teir" alliance, should not be a factor or a requirement to determin a players progression level.

I understand that these are factors that will help you achieve that goal sooner. Or achieve Paragon via alternative methods. But shouldn't hold someone back or roadblock a player if they have the ability to complete all the content that is currently available in game.

Maybe in time when all the resources are available to claim, via permanent in game content we might see different response from the community .. but maybe Paragon should have been kept until that point in time.. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
    edited April 2022

Best point I've seen since the issue was raised. You can't talk your way out of that fact.

What do you mean it doesn't exist? Act 7? Act 8? EoP? Carinas? Future side quests? You know, all the same ways we've been r4 mats to begin with?