**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Announcing Act 5 Chapter 4: Cornerstone

Comments

• LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Mcord117 wrote: »
    Why would you assume there won’t be an act 6? Obviously we dont know a timeline, but it will happen at some point. I’m equally sure there will be a new Legend area (ROL, LOL) at some point in 2018 because they have to keep escalating.

To point out a flaw in your logic @Mcord117, players were able to complete everything in game without r4 5* also. It’s competition and new content, that’s all it will ever be.

Yeah I get that it’s just so repetitive after you get towards end game is all

Right, but Bases are Coming Soon 😀
  • Slux83Slux83 Posts: 357 ★★
    Top-5 5* for legends run should have been red pool!
  • edited November 2017
    will this chapter include class gates and keys like 5.3?

also, in case no one has said it, great job on rewards. A+ just what the community was expecting and wanted from this challenge, looking forward to it.
  • BrosoulBrosoul Posts: 4
    edited November 2017
    Question and hopefully no one has asked this in previous legend runs. Has anyone ever considered making a legends run like this, both first to clear and time attack? Basically it offers two chances to make the legend list. In the case that someone is one of the first 100 members to clear and also happens to be one of top 100 times, they will only be able to claim the rewards for one of methods used to make the list. This may eliminate some of the concerns players have about this particular legends run not being a blind race.

Updated: Yep, it appears this question has been asked already.
  • Kabam DKKabam DK Posts: 221
    edited November 2017
    mutamatt wrote: »
    will this chapter include class gates and keys like 5.3?

also, in case no one has said it, great job on rewards. A+ just what the community was expecting and wanted from this challenge, looking forward to it.

Nope, no Class Keys like in 5.3
  • Rocket_RakRocket_Rak Posts: 17
    By any chance will the HP percentage interface be present when 5.4 is released too? Like in NYCC?
  • Kabam DK wrote: »
    Hey everyone. Thanks for all the good discussion around the Legends format. It's really good feedback and we're actively listening to it so seriously, thank you!

For Act 5, it's a bit too late to change the format, so it will stay the way it is, HOWEVER We'll make sure to keep these suggestions in mind for future Legends runs, especially for hardcore content like this.

It probably wouldn’t hurt to include both ways to earn legends. That would appeal to the players tha don’t mind pulling all nighters to race to the finish to be the first and also allow the players who prefer to wait to see what other people do, maximize and plan out a strategy, and go all out for fastest time using their pre planned strategy.

Probably would only do this for hardcore content like you said, like finishing entire acts or LoL 2.0, etc.
    Hey everyone. Thanks for all the good discussion around the Legends format. It's really good feedback and we're actively listening to it so seriously, thank you!

For Act 5, it's a bit too late to change the format, so it will stay the way it is, HOWEVER We'll make sure to keep these suggestions in mind for future Legends runs, especially for hardcore content like this.

You need to sort out the android issue on this also they are almost completely locked out of these events. It needs to be done on time in fight and it including the load times etc.. which are a joke on android compared to iOS. It's clear you guys haven't thought about this at all and have just gone with the lazy rinse and repeat of previous methods. Very ill thought out.
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Brosoul wrote: »
    Question and hopefully no one has asked this in previous legend runs. Has anyone ever considered making a legends run like this, both first to clear and time attack? Basically it offers two chances to make the legend list. In the case that someone is one of the first 100 members to clear and also happens to be one of top 100 times, they will only be able to claim the rewards for one of methods used to make the list. This may eliminate some of the concerns players have about this particular legends run not being a blind race.

If anyone in the first 100 also finishes with a top 100 time they should absolutely get the rewards from both legend categories, especially considering how much more difficult it will be for them to do so compared to those who wait weeks for the maps and champ info.
    Whododo872 wrote: »
    Oh boy! This should be fun and interactive! And since this is usually a question, how many dorms, icemen, and magiks will there be?

3 Magiks Sig 50
    5 Dormammus, sig 5
    4 Icemen, sig 10

We lowered these signature abilities as much as possible to mitigate the damage applied through the Champion Boosts.

What about Mephisto? Will his sig be kept low as well, if present?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    Will we get news on the playable 6-stars in January or February? Since people will not start to hit the 10k shards needed to form a crystal
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Will we get news on the playable 6-stars in January or February? Since people will not start to hit the 10k shards needed to form a crystal

Haha, what do you always tell me when I ask a question about upcoming things?
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    I have to ask and maybe we the answer is simple but what is in it for people who play 5.4? May sound stupid but let me explain.

If you are a person who has 100% lol, compete at the highest level of aq and aw, what do any of these rewards actually do for you? There Is no act 6 coming out next month. I haven’t heard of any rumors of a new labyrinth. You already make it through aq and aw. So why are we all hyped about a maxed 5* when the rank 4 is already doing everything that is needed? I get the challenge of the content and the “fun” of beating it. I just don’t know that I understand what progression at that level does for anyone

if there's nothing in it for you, then don't do it.

• ScottryanScottryan Posts: 467 ★★★
    Qwerty wrote: »
    I have to ask and maybe we the answer is simple but what is in it for people who play 5.4? May sound stupid but let me explain.

If you are a person who has 100% lol, compete at the highest level of aq and aw, what do any of these rewards actually do for you? There Is no act 6 coming out next month. I haven’t heard of any rumors of a new labyrinth. You already make it through aq and aw. So why are we all hyped about a maxed 5* when the rank 4 is already doing everything that is needed? I get the challenge of the content and the “fun” of beating it. I just don’t know that I understand what progression at that level does for anyone

if there's nothing in it for you, then don't do it.

I have all story content 100%. Have not started LOL. Thats whats in it for me
  • RSoxNo1RSoxNo1 Posts: 43
    As of now you need four Tier 5 basic cats to bring a 5* champ from Rank 4 to Rank 5. Completing Act 5 would only get us halfway there, no?
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    RSoxNo1 wrote: »
    As of now you need four Tier 5 basic cats to bring a 5* champ from Rank 4 to Rank 5. Completing Act 5 would only get us halfway there, no?

check announcement about 6*. theyre lowering the cost to 2 t5b
  • Emrebaba1907Emrebaba1907 Posts: 2
    edited November 2017
    Who is the boss of 5.4.6
  • BrosoulBrosoul Posts: 4
    edited November 2017
    Rektor wrote: »

If anyone in the first 100 also finishes with a top 100 time they should absolutely get the rewards from both legend categories, especially considering how much more difficult it will be for them to do so compared to those who wait weeks for the maps and champ info.

Honestly either or is fine with me, I just figured chances of getting Kabam to actually incorporate the rewards for completing both methods would be pretty slim.
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Rektor wrote: »

Honestly either or is fine with me, I just figured chances of getting Kabam to actually incorporate the rewards for completing both methods would be pretty slim.

Maybe only top 50 should qualify for time attack in these circumstances since they have such an advantage.

That would cut down on the likelihood that anyone in the first 100 would also qualify for time attack rewards, but again, if they are in the 50 fastest playing blind on the first day, they absolutely should still get both rewards.

Kabam might be more amenable to 150 legend spots (potentially filled by less than 150 players if someone in the first 100 finishes with a top 50 time), but only for high-end 12+ hour content like this.
  • rogueKlyntarrogueKlyntar Posts: 268
    @Kabam Miike Any thought on seeing who among your Kabam group can beat it the fastest. Might be entertaining for the community to see that happen. :)

That is making a pretty big assumption that they actually play the game and are not just pencil pushers.

Rumor has it that moderators can get Thanos; i would assume that if this is true, the re are obviously at least some who make it a point to play.
  • rogueKlyntarrogueKlyntar Posts: 268
    Simple question
    Why a time attack method for legends?
    This is totally unfair, and i explain why
    People will have a lot of time to gather info, wait the last 2 days of the eligible period to submit the time... And in this case all is down to **** RNG system based on the luck with the 5* pulls, and is total unfair
    The right way for a legend run in a hard and competitive event like this, is to do it "first to complete first to get it" order
    Because that's is the meaning to risk everything and go immediately into a rush for 100% of it without have any info, like was for Act4 and for LoL

Please, i'm asking to you all team and community, give me your feedback and start a discussion about this, maybe with a dedicated thread for the legend run method

Thanks for your time

Time attack is a lot fairer of a system than first 100. This event will be released on a Wednesday, people have this thing called a job, most jobs require you to work on Wednesday. Therefore you wouldn't have a chance at competing for legends unless you cleared you're schedule right now for a few days, as nobody knows how long it'll take to beat 5.4.

Call me a wimp, but I kinda find the rewards of Thanos and Kang unfair. Imo they ought to be regular champions available in the standard crystals, but with a requirement of a PI prequalification or a Punisher-like drop rate. Same for Deadpool. Or at least a special Arena with the above participation qualification requirements.
  • JuggerneyksJuggerneyks Posts: 275 ★★
    edited November 2017
  • What’s the energy cost for Act 5.4?
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike Any thought on seeing who among your Kabam group can beat it the fastest. Might be entertaining for the community to see that happen. :)

Do you think anyone at Kabam is actually able to clear it all? I do not get the impression that they play the game very much at all.
  • vrto wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Simple question
    People will have a lot of time to gather info, wait the last 2 days of the eligible period to submit the time... And in this case all is down to **** RNG system based on the luck with the 5* pulls, and is total unfair
    The right way for a legend run in a hard and competitive event like this, is to do it "first to complete first to get it" order
    Because that's is the meaning to risk everything and go immediately into a rush for 100% of it without have any info, like was for Act4 and for LoL

Please, i'm asking to you all team and community, give me your feedback and start a discussion about this, maybe with a dedicated thread for the legend run method

Thanks for your time

I don't think it is more or less fair to run the Legends run first to finish or best time to finish. Yes, the people who do it first will have a harder time completing it than the people who start later and can gather information from the earlier runners. But that's only if the earlier runners choose to share that information and every Legend runner is in the same position to decide when to start.

I'm not even sure you mean "unfair" when you say the legend system is unfair. Unfair presumes it is unfair to someone, but there's no one you can point to that has an unfair disadvantage: everyone has the same opportunities to try to improve their knowledge of the map. I think you mean it is less competitive doing it this way because you see learning the map to be part of the competition, and thus allowing legend runners to learn from other players first and then attempt the run after having additional information removes an element of the competition. I think that is a fair criticism, but Kabam seems to believe that allowing legend runners the most flexibility to choose their starting time is more desirable than maximally limiting the information they can collect from other players.

There's always a little bit of tension between the game designers wanting to limit the amount of information the players have about the game and the player communities wanting to share that information. After all, LoL also has a locked camera and hidden nodes, but its not like many players go into it blind. Is it "unfair" that LoL runners have the benefit of that knowledge when LoL was "intended" to hide that information from the player? Yes and no. It goes against the quest design, but in part that is what you have to expect will happen when you make an MMO that is presumed to have active player communities.

You are forgetting that some people have other accounts to scout ahead, and that some people will do it without caring about the legend run, and be more than happy to share the quest details...

I'm not sure what about my post made you think I forgot that, because all of that was on my mind when I said things regarding how players choose to start and what effects the general community has on hidden information in the game.
  • Superman69 wrote: »
    But yeah agree with the time-attack thing. No one's forcing you guys to do your run on the day it drops, you can wait and strategize too.

Another thought crossed my mind. I would always advise a legend runner to *not* attempt the run on the day it drops, because that is when there is the highest probability of bugs or other anomalies in the game. That creates another problem for first to finish legend scenarios.

If the devs decided to make this legends run be first past the finish, given the enormous rewards potentially on the table, if the game glitches on day one the entire thing will be a gigantic disaster. Of course, a glitch at any moment during the window when a legend run can be attempted will suck, but in a first to finish version a game glitch could potentially affect essentially every legend runner in different ways or worse a large subset of them that isn't everyone, stacked on top of the fact that the game server load will be higher on that day than normal just because of the new content being released.

I think first to finish only makes sense if we have confidence in no launch day bugs. I don't have that confidence. But if you make the legends starting gun any day other than the launch day then all of the issues regarding information gathering are already present and you've lost the primary reason for requiring everyone to start at the same time.
  • Awesome A-Wells
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    OKAYGang wrote: »
    Kabam DK wrote: »
    Simple question

Thanks for your time

This has been mentioned by others, but the main reason is that it isn't a level playing field for anyone who has a day job where they can't take time off work, or lives in a time zone that doesn't line up with our specific release times (usually 10 AM Vancouver time). That's pretty rough for someone who lives in China where it would be around 2 in the morning...

This way, people have time to set aside a chunk of time and really invest in a legends run, instead of just giving up before they tried because they had to work that day.

Maybe a regional and a platform specific legends system is needed. Example: top 25 Android and top 25 IOS users in Eastern Americas each get Legend, top 25 for each platform in Western Americas get it, top 25 in Asia on each platform get it, and top 25 on each platform in Europe get it. that would make 8 groups of 25 to account for four regions and 2 major device platforms so total number of legends per event would be 200. Give the special prizes to the top person in each of the 8 groups instead of the top 5 across the board. Not sure if a system like the one I propose would be possible for you all but it would certainly be a more efficient and fairer way for all of your player base to participate if it is.

You DO KNOW MCoC is global right? And not only based in Asia, America and Europe? I figure not since you left out the likes of Australia and Africa (which is where I am) in your calculations.

Australia would be in the Asia region, time zones are similar enough are they not, much lime Mexico and South American times-zones are pretty darn close to their northern neighbors in the US.