ICE PHOENIX

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,488 ★★★★★
    Back to the topic. We've had the same debate when Iceman came, and again with Mephisto. I think we can establish that some Damage will be Unavoidable. The impact is larger because it's a new level of difficulty. I don't suspect that every Uncollected will have Unavoidable Damage. We will have to see. It's not supposed to be that easy, in all fairness.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Member Posts: 8,672 ★★★★★
    How hard is it? Who did you use to fight her?
  • cUbA_LiBrEcUbA_LiBrE Member Posts: 1,123 Guardian
    @LeNoirFaineant
    She was OK. Only fought her once so far. Used a R4 5* Starky. Only needed one try and she was easier then most stuff in 5.3. She had no BS Buffs except the unaviodable damage.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Member Posts: 8,672 ★★★★★
    Lol thanks. Was wondering how @GroundedWisdom found her, but he won’t say because his opinions are all based on platitudes and generalizations as he hasn’t fought her
  • LeagueOfShadowsLeagueOfShadows Member Posts: 120
    edited December 2017
    It's not doing 700 per tick any loner, only about 400 give or take, but still, it's nonsense... There's no reason as to why a 4/55 should be left with less than 20% health after without even getting hit

They lowered her Sig. That seems consistent with the change.
  • NafaleonNafaleon Member Posts: 36
    The dmg is still pretty ridiculous. 5* or somethin like Rogue is needed.. Not sure but here description says 4k dmg not 12k..
  • Apex1212Apex1212 Member Posts: 185
    You people will always complain about something it will never stop no matter what kabam does its an endless circle of crying.
  • cUbA_LiBrEcUbA_LiBrE Member Posts: 1,123 Guardian
    Apex1212 wrote: »
    You people will always complain about something it will never stop no matter what kabam does its an endless circle of crying.

That's only human, I guess? :/
  • ChinalordChinalord Member Posts: 24
    King Groot should be able to shrugg off Iceman's Coldsnap at the start of the fight after 0.5 second at the cost of one Fury charge (He always starts the fight with 2 Fury Buff). However this is not working properly. Kabam should fix this as soon as possible and before the end of the month.

Please see https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/36501/king-groot-cannot-shrugg-off-debuff#latest
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Member Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    Can you change the signature back to full strength please? I like a challenge and I really enjoy everyone whining about something that's been in the game before. It isn't your fault that they failed to overcome a situation that we encountered during Master Mode in the Iceman Monthly Quest.

Dude, stop slamming salts. Stay with energy drinks and stuff...
    edited December 2017
    cUbA_LiBrE wrote: »
    Apex1212 wrote: »

That's only human, I guess? :/

Well, yes. Human, and common to this community. Not that I would criticize anyone's right to their feedback and concerns. Just a certain irony. For the longest time, people wanted another Difficulty, and said Master was too easy. Now that we have one, it's seen as unfair. Unavoidable Damage isn't new to the game at this point. The harder the content, the more Damage will be incurred. It gives a challenge either way. Otherwise it's the same type of content being released, and no matter how many Buffs or Nodes are added, it doesn't present much of a challenge to the demographic doing it. I don't see it as unfair. Just more challenging. It's more a matter of focusing on doing it than worrying about doing it untouched.
    The more you persist, the more you prove my point about the purpose of that line of questioning. The conversation is moving on because it's not one that we are having.
  • SchramiamSchramiam Member Posts: 3
    This is explain why this game is pay to win
  • Stark78AlfaStark78Alfa Member Posts: 502
    Siliyo wrote: »
    You have to change her someway asap. Seatin did a livestream with her and with a 4/55 SL he managed to have 15% health remaining ALL FROM COLDSNAP. A 5/50 champion will not survive that. Please change it and do not say "USE MEPHISTO" Please Kabam, change this fun & interactive content that you just added.

Everyone knew that 6* would make 4* the new 3*... That just came before we'd expect.
  • TaintedTainted Member Posts: 15
    Hey everyone, sorry for the delay in response about compensation. I can confirm that anybody who fought Ice Phoenix on Uncollected difficulty, prior to her Signature Ability level being lowered, can send in a ticket to our Support Team to receive compensation. You can contact Support directly from the game's home screen by clicking the gear icon in the top-left corner and scrolling down to the button labeled "Support". Additionally, they can also be reached here.

I`ve used this post to ask for a refund. I`ve just received the answer. How the hell would 5 level 2 team health - 500 health points, 2 lvl 1 revives and 5 partial energy would be decent to compensate for a coldsnap that was basically killing even an r4 champ inside 20-25 seconds ? Is that supposed to be a joke ? I had to use 2 team revives and health pots in order to get passed her prior to the nerfing.
    @Kabam Zibiit : your company is mocking us most of the time. The team`s idea of compensation for something like this is simply insulting to anyone`s intelligence. Can you confirm that this is the intended compensation or there was a mistake ?
  • Tiarib_PTTiarib_PT Member Posts: 28
    Tainted wrote: »
    Hey everyone, sorry for the delay in response about compensation. I can confirm that anybody who fought Ice Phoenix on Uncollected difficulty, prior to her Signature Ability level being lowered, can send in a ticket to our Support Team to receive compensation. You can contact Support directly from the game's home screen by clicking the gear icon in the top-left corner and scrolling down to the button labeled "Support". Additionally, they can also be reached here.

I`ve used this post to ask for a refund. I`ve just received the answer. How the hell would 5 level 2 team health - 500 health points, 2 lvl 1 revives and 5 partial energy would be decent to compensate for a coldsnap that was basically killing even an r4 champ inside 20-25 seconds ? Is that supposed to be a joke ? I had to use 2 team revives and health pots in order to get passed her prior to the nerfing.
    @Kabam Zibiit : your company is mocking us most of the time. The team`s idea of compensation for something like this is simply insulting to anyone`s intelligence. Can you confirm that this is the intended compensation or there was a mistake ?

This is ridiculous!! All my stash went to toilet and this is what we get?????????????
    Frustrating players and making fun of them will backfire on you kabam!
  • Cptnkillr_89Cptnkillr_89 Member Posts: 56
    edited December 2017
    Bendy wrote: »
    Remember it is the base attack also so it will do more than normal like use a tech or regen to help out on surviving
    There is heal block bud. A simple fix is available that I think would make everyone happy. Move her back one spot towards the start and you will only have to fight her once for exploration.
  • ProxProx Member Posts: 12

Can u tell me how do I send the ticket to kabam support team for compensation rewards
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Member Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I go in with all my champs at just about 90% health I walk out with revives used. This needs to be fixed or all the praise kabam received goes down the drain.

Also they’re taking away the skill of intercepting. How can task master be unblockable finale but also being to intercept yourhit aifhout explorjf a weakness? Lol. If you want to take away the skill from the game just let us know. We will just parry every combo. I intercept ahout 75% of the time and thay requires skill not luck.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Member Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    I thought she was nerfed. Then why is she still doing 426 coldsnap damage per tick? It's impossible to survive her coldsnap damage unless you use a 5 star. You need at least 13k+ health to survive it. Most 4 stars don't even have that.

I used a 3/45 Iceman (16k health) and I was able to survive the coldsnap with ~15% health.

Is this working as intended?
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Member Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Indrick781 wrote: »
    LoPresti wrote: »
    I thought she was nerfed. Then why is she still doing 426 coldsnap damage per tick? It's impossible to survive her coldsnap damage unless you use a 5 star. You need at least 13k+ health to survive it. Most 4 stars don't even have that.

I used a 3/45 Iceman (16k health) and I was able to survive the coldsnap with ~15% health.

Is this working as intended?

She was. She used to do over 700 damage a tick.

Wow... ok fair enough. She's still insane though if you don't have the right champs that can shrug off debuffs.
  • waynegcorewaynegcore Member Posts: 93
    waynegcore wrote: »
    I am putting a request to have this fight further adjusted. This is not fun, challenging or interesting, it’s just bad design in my opinion, here is why.

Currently only Mephisto who is not in the base pool is immune to cold snap, so If you have him, this fight is probably no problem.

Otherwise it is an extremely tedious task of trying to figure which of your champs can actually survive this, requiring multiple runs.

If you do somehow survive, you cannot take a hit or in some cases even a blocked hit.

This would make sense if it was the end Boss and the node was “1 hit KO”, then the player would know what they are dealing with.

I really like the design of the Modok Lab, that is fun, interesting and challenging, but this is nearly making me rage quit the entire game when I see stuff like this. It makes the player feel cheated.

I will not be spending any money, units to complete this, you can keep the rewards.

I ask that again that you look into this further. Thanks.

Since some are talking about challenge and difficulty , I just want to elaborate on why I think this fight is bad design.

If you have Mephisto, there is no challenge to this fight. Plan and simple.

If the goal was to create a challenge, then it should be the interaction of any champ and the node / opponent.

The challenge right now is, does the player have a very specific champ to counter this node? Since the game uses a gacha system to acquire random champs, which I understand and am completely fine with, then this is bad design as content should be able to cleared with a variety of champs.

If the goal was to create a frustrating, terrible user experience, and cash grab, then mission accomplished!

This is one cash grab I will not be buying into. Thanks.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Member Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    This is very difficult content and more so for some specific players. I think a fair solution is to offer a halls of healing this month which can aid people in beating this content. Please Kabam?