**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The difficulty increase is ridiculous

Comments

• L1zardW1zardL1zardW1zard Posts: 144 ★★★
    edited January 2023

Are we going to discuss the subject, or are we here to talk about me? This is getting monotonous.
    If you have any counterpoints to anything I've said, by all means discuss.
    I'm not responding to any more generalizations and accusations because that's not why we're here. End of.

Buddy, at the very start of this thread you were saying people should "grow into the changes in difficulty". Then after it got tuned down you immediately changed your mind to "it was overtuned". That alone speaks volumes lol not only does it prove you accept and agree with anything Kabam does but it also proves my initial point, you disagree with everyone just to defend Kabam, no accusations here just facts.
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    I'm sorry but i still find this hilarious...and i will repeat myself ..
    Saw so many posts during CM and banquet event... See them in global.. people with conqueror or UC titles.. with god tier new champs... 6* 5*.. even some ranked.. which is kinda ridiculous based on their progression....
    Well where exactly are u planning to use those pulls?...cause honestly UC is not that hard...
    Cav kinda got nerfed.. even the description of each chapter got simplified ... IE: cav 1.1 Science 40% atk rating... Skill -40% it doesnt get any simpler than that...
    Coppin said:

Saw so many posts during CM and banquet event... See them in global.. people with conqueror or UC titles.. with god tier new champs... 6* 5*.. even some ranked.. which is kinda ridiculous based on their progression....
    Well where exactly are u planning to use those pulls?...cause honestly UC is not that hard...
    Cav kinda got nerfed.. even the description of each chapter got simplified ... IE: cav 1.1 Science 40% atk rating... Skill -40% it doesnt get any simpler than that...

This argument is not valid because for certain matches like Absorbing Man you need the right counters, not just any God tier. You go in with a r2 6* Galan in UC difficulty and you won't be able to outdamage his regen. Your comment may apply to those that pulled God tiers and that can indeed counter most of the nodes and opponents but you can't just generalize cause not everyone had that same luck.
    Sounds more like you're just mad that they're allowing newer players to progress faster.
    Graves_3 said:

Coppin said:

What percentage of conqueror or uncollected people got these god tier new champs as 6*5* in relation to the overall number of uncollected and conqueror summoners after the banquet event? If you have the data please share it with us.
    What number of conqueror and UC players are legitimately complaining in here then?.. cause most of the people are complaining about not being able to auto play it 🤣
    Agent_7 said:

Graves_3 said:

What percentage of conqueror or uncollected people got these god tier new champs as 6*5* in relation to the overall number of uncollected and conqueror summoners after the banquet event? If you have the data please share it with us.

They don’t know, but they got opinions. It goes something like this:

1. It’s easy for me. Git gud.
    2. I saw it on the internet so it must be true.

Clearly the Banquet event was like Oprah. Every player at every progression level now has God Tier R4/R5 6* so there’s no excuse for not being able to beat brand new never before seen bosses at your respective progression level for the same rewards you were getting previously.

2+2=5

Here is what i can tell u from reading other posts.. its an example..
    I saw many people complaining about the last boss.. Absorving Man... How his regen was insane.. how they restarted several times... How they team revived and healed back to max health but as soon as they join the fight it would start regening back to full... People who said i took Galan, Doom, QS.. and every other top champ possible... Yet NONE of them named a healblock or reverse healing champ... Now is that really a difficulty issue?
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    Hello All,

Can someone please confirm Thronebreaker and Cav EQ difficulties have been toned down ???

Please let me know.
    Coppin said:

Agent_7 said:

Graves_3 said:

They don’t know, but they got opinions. It goes something like this:

1. It’s easy for me. Git gud.
    2. I saw it on the internet so it must be true.

Clearly the Banquet event was like Oprah. Every player at every progression level now has God Tier R4/R5 6* so there’s no excuse for not being able to beat brand new never before seen bosses at your respective progression level for the same rewards you were getting previously.

2+2=5

I saw many people complaining about the last boss.. Absorving Man... How his regen was insane.. how they restarted several times... How they team revived and healed back to max health but as soon as they join the fight it would start regening back to full... People who said i took Galan, Doom, QS.. and every other top champ possible... Yet NONE of them named a healblock or reverse healing champ... Now is that really a difficulty issue?
    You realize most new UC players don't have an extremely diverse 5* (and 6*) roster with tons of different options and counters for everything right? If they don't have a good heal block or poison champ how exactly do you expect them to take out that Absorbing Man without potions and boosts?
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,150 ★★★★

Hello All,

Can someone please confirm Thronebreaker and Cav EQ difficulties have been toned down ???

Please let me know.

I barely noticed a difference tbh. The nerf was more tailored for newer players doing easier difficulties.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    I don't think there was much of an issue with them, TBH. Cav was somewhat easier as per the goal, and TB was a step up.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 ★★★★★
    djr17 said:

DNA3000 said:

Agent_7 said:

DNA3000 said:

Now, the devil is in the details. I thought the original difficulty release was way too high, and I still think it is a bit too high. That's an argument about the details. But the process itself I have no problem with. What's happening is a logical and inevitable consequence of all the acceleration that has been pumped into the game over the past two years. People can not like it, and they can disagree with it, but these changes are in fact inevitable and unstoppable. Players are going to have to adjust to them as the new normal.

I don’t think anyone is arguing that players lingering in lower difficulties, amongst other factors, might be a consideration for Kabam. But it really gives the shaft to players who are in their appropriate progression.
    This is a bit of an open question, and one I've discussed and thought about off line. My initial reaction was there was no way progression tier players could possess the champions I calculated as being appropriate for the content in those EQ tiers. However, I was told by Kabam (and they acknowledged this in more general terms here) that the champion strength I calculated as necessary was what they datamined players actually bringing to the content. Which begs the question: where are they getting them from?
    Reading this sparked something. In their data mining, did they eliminate the people autofighting with 5 & 6*s in their calculations of what the average player brought, or did they not, and that is what caused in the 'bigger increase than intended'
    I wondered this also.

• BmanBman Posts: 221
    Kabam always so dam stingy as hell with rewards!!! Never realizing the more ppl accounts grow, the more likely they are to play Act 6 or 7, which will obviously make them a lot of money from ppl playing and trying to finish harder content!!! They always look at a short term loss, versus a long term gain! Game so broken, so many ppl pissed, yet they change NOTHING?!?! Don’t even answer the ppl? All we get is the “meta data” said make it a lot harder (even what was normal and heroic) from top
    To bottom difficulty?? Meta data didn’t say almost the exact same dam thing 2yrs ago??? I call BS!!!
  • Agent_7Agent_7 Posts: 182 ★★
    Coppin said:

That would be a roster management issue on their part. Took me very little time to figure out that Void was MY best option there and it worked for me in UC and would expect it will at Cav too (I haven’t started Chapter 3 yet in Cav).

But there is still a scaling and consistency issue across levels of progression. I just can’t see where a true UC level player is going to fare well against the UC level content, particularly when they may not even have the specific roster options to deal with those very specific challenges.
    djr17 said:

Reading this sparked something. In their data mining, did they eliminate the people autofighting with 5 & 6*s in their calculations of what the average player brought, or did they not, and that is what caused in the 'bigger increase than intended'

Bingo. I don’t think you can just put a blanket “average” on it and call that a proper benchmark. But it would have been possible to filter their data set by progression level and that would likely have given a more suitable result. And they may have done that, but if they did, then very likely there’s a large population within the game opting not to progress. And that would support my assertion that it gives the shaft to the players who are growing into their progression level.

Data is a tricky animal. GIGO.

Freakyd said:

Feeling like I'm to blame for skewing kabams data.
    I'm cav but should be TB. Tried grandmaster nearly a year ago for the first time and not really had time since. Can complete the path with whole team in tact but waiting for chance to save units as I sucked at GM fight. Also have a 2nd account at UC but don't really play it anymore except in AQ but still have a small roster with 2 R3 6*s. I'm in a 50+mil ally and doing my bit and enjoying the time I get on the game.
    I was running through UC EQ and then Cav when I had time.
    Just to add, not being able to autofight is a pain as I get a lot of spare energy and I had just started to burn it up collecting units for my GM fight.
    Looks like I'm not alone if kabams data is anything to go by. If I put the same time into the game now, I will get less rewards...which is a bit s#*t
    Not looking for opinions on my skill or how I should progress, just showing up as one of the guys hanging around with out of balance progress/roster

I don’t think it’s a “blame” thing. And I don’t think it’s an easy job for Kabam. Being in IT, I’ve watched data sets get skewed for a variety of reasons over the years and even the best analytics people (my wife is one of them and she’s pretty damn good - but she gets it wrong sometimes) make mistakes in their interpretation of the data.

I’m probably close to ready to make a TB push myself. Just need some of the niche options to deal with certain content (e.g. just starting out, I’ve been struggling with Dormammu in 6.2.1, so I’m working on Negative at 5* rarity to hopefully help with that).

That GM quest looks equally fun and equally frustrating. I’ve watched videos and it seems great conceptually but will likely take tons of practice to master. Those are the kinds of challenges I can get behind, but can also see where some of the casual player base would eye roll and move on.
  • Saru2244Saru2244 Posts: 181
    With the whole question of whether the new difficulties are appropriate or not, I would like to point out the following: You shouldn't see the evaluation as purely static. Ultimately, the question of difficulty is one that is subject to development or process. Right now we have bigger changes coming up with the Relics and the upcoming introduction of 7* Champs. Content that might be a little too heavy today can be just right tomorrow with a matching 5* or even 6* - Relic or a 7* - Champs. Of course, I can't say for sure either, I don't have a 6* - Relic or a 7* - Champ yet either. But my expectation would be that Kabam has priced in these very soon upcoming changes when determining the new difficulty and since the new difficulties are already there but the 6* - Relics or 7* Champs are not yet, it is for me currently quite normal that you have to stretch more to play the content. I'm curious how it will behave when all the other innovations are there and whether the difficulties then don't fit better with the respective Rossster.

From my point of view, you have to wait with a final assessment until all changes are there and then you have to see how they relate to each other. It's a little too hard at the moment, but I'd be disappointed if I got the new 7* and then again didn't have any decent content to use.
This discussion has been closed.