Options

Costs of 7* crystals revealed!!

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,214 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited April 2023

I'm actually trying the understand this new cost, they said over and over during the stream that it wouldn't matter because everything about the rewards will scale, so why do it? I mean if nothing changes about the acquisition then there's no real reason to do it.
    I'm guessing is the 6* dup shards but feels to big of a change just because of that

Cuz it does benefit them. They are full of ****....it's a bad pr move when you get 275 for duping a six star....that didn't scale so don't scale the cost....plain and simple
    How does it benefit them?
    50% higher cost for 7* shard acquisition meaning you're more likely to feel the need to purchase 7* shards.

If you limit supply then it pushes up the price of things, ceteris paribus.

The Mythic Nexus for $5 is a good chance at 275 7*, which is too cheap if a 7* still cost 10k shards.

If you're not a spender now, you won't spend for 7*'s. This is just speculation on your part.

Whales are gonna whale regardless but doubt anything will change for F2P or low spenders.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,169 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    IKON said:

Axew said:

So the point is to nerf acquisition through 6 star dupes? Why was that necessary?

Just a guess, but I believe it's because 7* are coming out at a time when a lot of end game players have every 6* champion, and they'd like to slow progress of those accounts.

Whether that's a good move or not, I dunno.
    Agree - I think this is exactly what they are doing. If they don't slow down acquisition then they have to release the next stage sooner (7r2 etc). They want to stretch out 7* progression more than they did 6* and that requires a slower acquisition rate.

I'm okay with that myself, especially as the 2 pools don't overlap. The worst part of featured is pulling champs in basics over and over again, wasting shards.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,836 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    After thinking, I feel like the titan shards thing, even for a ftp player, is a good thing. No matter when you open that titan crystal, your going to get a new champ regardless if you open 1 now or wait until the next batch etc. Only if you open 2 or more at once would it possibly be a waste unless you dupe the one you wanted to most.
  • Options
    SkunkcabbageSkunkcabbage Posts: 204 β˜…β˜…
    Greekhit said:

H3t3r said:

I'm actually trying the understand this new cost, they said over and over during the stream that it wouldn't matter because everything about the rewards will scale, so why do it? I mean if nothing changes about the acquisition then there's no real reason to do it.
    I'm guessing is the 6* dup shards but feels to big of a change just because of that

Cuz it does benefit them. They are full of ****....it's a bad pr move when you get 275 for duping a six star....that didn't scale so don't scale the cost....plain and simple
    50% higher cost for 7* shard acquisition meaning you're more likely to feel the need to purchase 7* shards.

The Mythic Nexus for $5 is a good chance at 275 7*, which is too cheap if a 7* still cost 10k shards.

Except we get 6* shards like candy.
    Apart from the broken BGs, nowhere in the game we get 6* shards like candy.
    No reason for the 15k price at all, apart from separating ftp from the whales even more.
    I’d love to see when a ftp player will rebuild his roster with 7*s πŸ˜‚
    They missed the mark with the BGs store, with the very cheap 6* shards, creating absurd availability of 6* shards and now they try to fix it through increased 7* price.

Paragon Mythic crystal for $5 is probably partially the reason too.
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,880 Guardian
    Greekhit said:

H3t3r said:

No reason for the 15k price at all, apart from separating ftp from the whales even more.
    They missed the mark with the BGs store, with the very cheap 6* shards, creating absurd availability of 6* shards and now they try to fix it through increased 7* price.

So you want 6* shard acquisition to plummet just because 7* shards are 50% more expensive?
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Greekhit said:

H3t3r said:

I've opened 39 featured crystals since the current one was released. That's about 1.5/day. I don't play BGs heavily either and I'm in plat 4 wars which isn't a ton of 6* shards. I'd say we get them pretty easily.

Also, they already stated that with 5*'s they were going to increase the price of the crystals but didn't. On the stream, Jax even said this is the reason behind the price of the crystal.

Just like everything in this game, it will be easier and easier to get those resources as time progresses. In no time, we'll be having this same argument about 8* crystal prices.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    H3t3r said:

Greekhit said:

H3t3r said:

So you want 6* shard acquisition to plummet just because 7* shards are 50% more expensive?
    Reread my post.
    I said BGs 6* shards absurd availability created the need of an increased 7* shard price for the developers.
    I didn’t said I want 6* shard acquisition to plummet because 7*s are 50% more expensive.
    In fact I’m supporting the opposite.
    Since 7*s are 50% more expensive, 6* shard acquisition should get buffed everywhere in the game, outside BGs.
    Time to get real rewards in other modes except from BGs.

• Options
    allinashesallinashes Posts: 806 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    6* shards floodgates must be about to open. Otherwise, it would've made more sense to simply give fewer 7* shards in rewards.
  • Options
    edited April 2023

Also, what about the players who have been spending $$$$ to stockpile 7* shards?
    They've been buying them on the assumption that it's 10k for a 7* crystal based on the number of shards earned from a dupe. Should've been announced last year IMO rather than telling us only now.

That would be their fault for assuming. They still get to open crystals regardless of the price. You assume all risk if you're doing something without the knowledge of the final result.
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,880 Guardian

Greekhit said:

H3t3r said:

I've opened 39 featured crystals since the current one was released. That's about 1.5/day. I don't play BGs heavily either and I'm in plat 4 wars which isn't a ton of 6* shards. I'd say we get them pretty easily.

Also, they already stated that with 5*'s they were going to increase the price of the crystals but didn't. On the stream, Jax even said this is the reason behind the price of the crystal.

Just like everything in this game, it will be easier and easier to get those resources as time progresses. In no time, we'll be having this same argument about 8* crystal prices.
    This. People seem to forget how long it took to get 1 6* back when they were new. Then the 2nd came faster and so on.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Greekhit said:

H3t3r said:

Greekhit said:

H3t3r said:

Reread my post.
    I said BGs 6* shards absurd availability created the need of an increased 7* shard price for the developers.
    I didn’t said I want 6* shard acquisition to plummet because 7*s are 50% more expensive.
    In fact I’m supporting the opposite.
    Since 7*s are 50% more expensive, 6* shard acquisition should get buffed everywhere in the game, outside BGs.
    Time to get real rewards in other modes except from BGs.

None of what you said is true lol

You get 275 5* shards for duping a 4* and it's a 8k gap. It's a pattern they've already established.
  • Options

6* shards floodgates must be about to open. Otherwise, it would've made more sense to simply give fewer 7* shards in rewards.

What do you mean "about to open"? They've been open.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Outside BGs they really not πŸ˜‰
  • Options
    Greekhit said:

Outside BGs they really not πŸ˜‰
    What? How are they not? TB alone has 19000.
  • Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 840 β˜…β˜…β˜…

The cost of a 7* crystal is 15,000 shards. Opinions?

It scales poorly with what we were getting for duping 6*.
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 774 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    and there doesn't seem much of a reason to just hold onto your shards for the next wave, as that or maybe wave 3 is when titan crystals would come / your shards wouldn't matter anyway.

Maybe I missed it, but were there any costs for taking R2 or anything like that given?
  • Options

Didn’t they also say there would be 3* champs in the Titan crystals?
    By the way, I did not watch the live stream obviously

No lol. The Titan crystal is like the 6* featured crystal. It's just 7*.