So how exactly are they going to fix this mess?

ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,403 ★★★★★
edited August 2023 in General Discussion
Not trying to stir the pot here but how exactly is Kabam going to fix this? As you can see this guy opened 1 100 mythic crystals, he was Cav when he opened the crystals, now he's TB two weeks after the exploit.

Many people were saying the pulls alone wouldn't be enough to help them cover content they otherwise wouldn't have been able to cover and "it's not like a Cav will make the jump to TB thanks to the crystals", that's clearly not the case as someone has indeed made the jump from Cav to TB thanks to the crystals lol.
Are they going to lose all the progress they made since they opened the crystals or will that stay the same?
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,822 ★★★★★

I’m pissed that people could have used these new champs to gain more points in the BG event and jump people who were playing fairly. I’d hate to lose out on higher rank rewards because of this exploit.

I wouldn't get too worried. It's unlikely most of them had enough resources to do anything with the champs.
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,703 ★★★★★
    I don't forsee them touching their story progress, think they're focusing more on the guys that stomped BG with the inflated rosters, maybe special quests like EOP and AOL, but can't see them rolling back a single r3 but who knows they may do an entire roll back to before it happened. So they get back an items used but also lose everything from the past month or so.
  • SchwarteSchwarte Member Posts: 48
    The first thing Kabam has to do is identify the accounts that the Mythic Crystalls have opened. And remove all the champs from these crystals.

As long as this has not happened, there is no need to philosophize about other "sanctions".

I haven't seen an account where the champs have been removed (till now). And you?
  • AshacekarAshacekar Member Posts: 2,003 ★★★★
    Let's check back after they say that they have successfully rolled back the rewards. It's just not as simple as rolling back all champs from the crystals. It's about all the dup rewards and progression as well. Let's keep that in mind and check after they are done and comment.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,505 ★★★★★
    Honestly, I feel like removing the Champs and Crystals is probably what's being done. In a perfect world, all the progress would be undone, but that becomes increasingly complex and time-consuming.

I’m pissed that people could have used these new champs to gain more points in the BG event and jump people who were playing fairly. I’d hate to lose out on higher rank rewards because of this exploit.

I wouldn't get too worried. It's unlikely most of them had enough resources to do anything with the champs.
    You keep saying this but I don’t understand where you’re coming from. A cav or TB player that picks up 2-3 7* champs could easily blow throw a lot of content and they also likely picked up almost every champ at the 5* level and most 6* champs so just ranking up Doom/Herc/Torch/Nimrod to R2 and a few other counters would get them pretty far.

And they could easily coast through a lot of BG tiers with a few 7*s and deck or 6* R1/2 champs and use all the tokens in the store to get more rankup materials.

I think you’re underestimating how much could be accomplished for a Cav/TB account with that many mythic crystals.
    Which content could they blow through they couldn't already blow through with 6* R3's?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★

In a perfect world, all the progress would be undone, but that becomes increasingly complex and time-consuming.

As does any mess that needs cleaning up

In a perfect world, all the progress would be undone, but that becomes increasingly complex and time-consuming.

As does any mess that needs cleaning up
    Well yes, that's why the most ideal outcome isn't always feasible.

I don’t think most Cav players have multiple 6* R3s. I know I didn’t when I was Cav. And I didn’t have that many as an early TB. I don’t even have that many as a Paragon now. I’m at 9 6*R3/4 and one 7* as a paragon.

Even just having most 6* to choose from at R1 would be a huge advantage for Cav players to get to TB and for a BG deck to get through several tiers.

If you're an older player who was Cav when it was released, no you wouldn't have. Cav and TB players are getting 6*'s and resources faster than ever. They are going through Act 6 with R2's and R3's now. Story content isn't the end all be all for new players as MEQ's are way more valuable.

But you listed content and BG's separately. Yes, it could cause issues with BG's and we'll never know what they'll do to fix that but with content, I doubt they're blowing through as most of them complain about how hard it is with full rosters of 6*'s.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,403 ★★★★★
    Ashacekar said:

Let's check back after they say that they have successfully rolled back the rewards. It's just not as simple as rolling back all champs from the crystals. It's about all the dup rewards and progression as well. Let's keep that in mind and check after they are done and comment.

I doubt they'd do something about it after the first roll back though so I was hoping Kabam could at least comment on what is going to happen exactly not just "yeah it's happening later this week". If they only roll back the champs and do nothing about the resources (and the progress which yes I doubt is even possible to revert) then the people who exploited the bug, still got something out of it.

Honestly, I feel like removing the Champs and Crystals is probably what's being done. In a perfect world, all the progress would be undone, but that becomes increasingly complex and time-consuming.

I understand that but they created this mess, and they made it even worse when they allowed all these accounts to continue playing with the stuff they got for two whole weeks when every single account should've received a temp ban until the issue was fixed. Now it's too late for that and if they don't roll back every single thing those accounts got these last two weeks, then they still got something out of the exploit.
    I get that, and that's why I said in a perfect world. They may or they may not, but at this point, I suspect that well enough might be the outcome.
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,966 ★★★★★

They're working on it now. We don't know how and we'll never know. It's going to be very complicated.

I’m not in a twist about it, but I’m going to suggest that it won’t get ironed out all the way, if for no other reason than that it’s way too complex and the game has to go on regardless. I think the best you can hope for is that some percentage of the most egregious abusers lose their champs, resources, etc. but I cannot imagine the team devoting the manpower needed to clean it up completely.

I hope I’m wrong, because this is truly one of the small number of things that happens in game that’s unquestionably an “exploit.”

Dr. Zola
  • TheDarkestknightTheDarkestknight Member Posts: 33
    edited July 2023
    People who want kabam to remove everything they earned after the exploit, it's the same as banning them right after the exploit, then why didn't those bans issued? People could have earned some rewards regardless of exploiting so taking that too is not punishing them, it's injustice.

TheDarkestKnight
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

People who want kabam to remove everything they earned after the exploit, it's the same as banning them right after the exploit, then why didn't those bans issued? People could have earned some rewards regardless of exploiting so taking that too is not punishing them, it's injustice.

TheDarkestKnight

Are you saying that when someone steals stuff, punishment is when you take that stuff back, and costing them more than what they stole is an injustice?
    It sounds like they're just worried about Kabam rolling back progress made after the exploit by those who took advantage of it. Like if someone who just reached Cav opened 20 crystals then completed 6.2, having that progress reversed could suck if they didn't use the champions they pulled for that content.
This discussion has been closed.