Options

Introducing: Alliance Wars Persistent Placement

Comments

• Options
    Chief_WiggumChief_Wiggum Posts: 16
    Not only is that pre season is less than a week of a complete new system but we have not had the steady Loyalty from those practice wars.

• Options
    Tinnr95Tinnr95 Posts: 62
    @Kabam Miike @“kabam jax”

Could you please do an instruction video for the new AW placement set up? Because at the start it said the champs will be locked? Also, I thought we could pick via players profile to place in defence to help not use excel files etc.

Thanks
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 470 ★★★
    I don't think 1 week is enough for us to understand how the new system works, I'm also not sure if it's really "fixed" or it has some new issues.
  • Options
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/2345599#Comment_2345599

This thread has some details regarding 1bg/2BG wars folks.
  • Options
    HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 453 ★★★
    I see the whole request 1 bg, place 3 hasn’t been fixed.
  • Options
    OpxOpx Posts: 132
    In addition, there is no longer a list of players with their characters in the lower right corner. Now I have to manually search for each character.
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,845 ★★★★★
    It surely will work out 🌝
  • Options
    ExHavokExHavok Posts: 519 ★★★
    I hope they do something about loyalty too, we can't get it for a while now.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,873 Guardian
    Dukenpuke said:

Members that left our alliance weeks ago still have defenders locked in AW BGs with no way to remove them.

@pseudosane , add that to the list.
    Definitely a problem that people who left the alliance (kicked or left) don’t AUTOMATICALLY have their Auto-Enlisted placement removed for future wars (and thus their spot in general as being one of the 10 in a BG opened up for others to join instead).
    That issue shouldn’t even have to be left up to Leadership to resolve manually. It should be Automatic.

(yes, only for “current war” should their place still be reserved, not opened up for another attacker, if they were still in alliance as of the matchmaking+attack beginning).
  • Options

Dukenpuke said:

Members that left our alliance weeks ago still have defenders locked in AW BGs with no way to remove them.

@pseudosane , add that to the list.
    Definitely a problem that people who left the alliance (kicked or left) don’t AUTOMATICALLY have their Auto-Enlisted placement removed for future wars (and thus their spot in general as being one of the 10 in a BG opened up for others to join instead).
    That issue shouldn’t even have to be left up to Leadership to resolve manually. It should be Automatic.

(yes, only for “current war” should their place still be reserved, not opened up for another attacker, if they were still in alliance as of the matchmaking+attack beginning).
    Agreed. It has been brought up. @Dukenpuke check your PMs please
  • Options
    KeltanKeltan Posts: 487 ★★
    edited July 2023
    Why I can use my attackers in solo questing?

• Options
    Terror_TomTerror_Tom Posts: 152
    Is it meant to be that we are in attack phase now and i can still Place defenders? Or is this Placement Phase for the upcoming war?
    Then why did the war schedule change?
    Will the loyalty be increased that we get because of the missing wars in offseason?

In addition to this Land of confusion you created, the war tiers seem to be wrong, as well as the defensive tactics, where you can choose between 3 instead of 2.

This is going to be fun in the season next week!!!
  • Options

Is it meant to be that we are in attack phase now and i can still Place defenders? Or is this Placement Phase for the upcoming war?
    Then why did the war schedule change?
    Will the loyalty be increased that we get because of the missing wars in offseason?

In addition to this Land of confusion you created, the war tiers seem to be wrong, as well as the defensive tactics, where you can choose between 3 instead of 2.

This is going to be fun in the season next week!!!

(1) can still place defenders even though Attack started (now 2 days of attack) because it is “persistent placement” aka Auto Enlistment.
    Changes to Defense setup takes effect for NEXT War.

(2) “why did war schedule change ?”, huh ? You mean why didn’t wars start last week as originally planned ? There was a bug, and Matchmaking never happened last week, so they got it fixed and started this week.
    Or, why did Attack start a day earlier than it used to ? Because Attack now covers BOTH days of a war's duration now.

(3) War Tiers. As always in pre-season, number of TOTAL Alliances opting into wars in pre-season is different from actual season, and so messes with which Tier of war you now fall into for this war because of that.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    FYI, for Alliances only running 1 or 2 BG's, and had people pre-place defense into a higher BG # that how many you actually run for wars..
    Those people can still join Attack for one of the BG's you actually are running (provided there is still slots available in them). They were not “locked” into a BG which is higher than how many you actually got the war matched for.

Their “persistent” defenders will still say that higher BG #, and because persistent placed for FUTURE wars still in that higher BG, their Defenders (although NOT actually used in current war) are still locked from AQ because of being persistent placed for future wars (even though placed into a higher BG than will actually end up being matched for a war).
    **as well as those persistent defenders in a higher BG being locked out of even the current war (from joining as AW Attackers in a lower, actually running, BG), which seems really odd (hopefully will be part of fixes in future) since they aren’t actually being used in Defense for the current war.
  • Options
    Pin_the_AvengerPGT17Pin_the_AvengerPGT17 Posts: 333 ★★
    Am I even allowed to go into attack phase at this point? I can’t enter and help my alliance. I could only place defense. Plat 4, and I was choosing armor burn attack tactic, but this is what I got

• Options
    Kyllak11Kyllak11 Posts: 97
    Seems like a great time for those coming soon masteries and masteries 2.0
  • Options

So if I place 5 defenders, are they locked out of being used in AQ for the entire season unless I “unplace” them?

Yes (at least, as currently implemented).
    Hopefully some redesign might change that.

What's worse is that, since you can specify DIFFERENT defenders for the “potential” +/- Tier maps, those other defenders seem to get locked out from AQ (or also from being an AW Attacker in current war) even though you stayed in the same Tier Map and so those other “+/- Tier Map” defenders (if different) never actually got assigned to the current War.
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 780 ★★★★

So if I place 5 defenders, are they locked out of being used in AQ for the entire season unless I “unplace” them?

Yes (at least, as currently implemented).
    Hopefully some redesign might change that.

What's worse is that, since you can specify DIFFERENT defenders for the “potential” +/- Tier maps, those other defenders seem to get locked out from AQ (or also from being an AW Attacker in current war) even though you stayed in the same Tier Map and so those other “+/- Tier Map” defenders (if different) never actually got assigned to the current War.
    So it could be up to 15 champs tied up. And this is a new and improved system…

Have they explained why they are locked out of AQ? Is that intentional or just an unintended quirk they can’t fix easily?
  • Options
    pikapika Posts: 74
    edited July 2023

When I tap on the little blue marker to see who's at a particular spot I get this display. It makes it hard to see who's on what spot if they run into trouble, need to be poked, etc. I have no idea who this person is sitting in front of Void.

Yes, now u can only view them if you are in same BG, otherwise it shows like this and it's definitely annoying as there are alliances like myself with only few leaders.
    Please fix it to work on all bg's.