**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Introducing: Alliance Wars Persistent Placement

Comments

• Options
    SaltygoodnessSaltygoodness Posts: 354 ★★
    Matchmaking is still disabled, are there plans to reenable it for next war (within the next 12h or so)?

Otherwise the next offseason war won’t happen
  • Options
    2BadNinjaz2BadNinjaz Posts: 19
    edited August 2023
    im only doin 2 Bg for war . How would i be able to remove teammates defenders so others can join without kicking them since it doesnt release like it used to ?
  • Options
    CHuck_fINACHuck_fINA Posts: 143
    Yeah buddy, I agree with you. But convincing everyone to stop spending would be almost impossible. Especially now. Those July deals created an even bigger rift between spenders and ftp. Even casual spenders like myself got left behind. And it seems that gap will only get bigger with 7* r3s around the corner already. Paragon accts can range anywhere from 2 to 5+ million right now.
  • Options
    BANNER UPDATE:

Preseason Matchmaking/Wars has resumed.
    Targeting Aug 16 to start the actual Season 43.
    So will be just 1 war short of 2 weeks of Preseason to try things out.
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 768 ★★★★

We are auto-enlisted for one BG both on and off season and the new system opens up 3 BG's to place defenders. We are a casual alliance that runs one BG in AW with whoever is available. Now I have a handful of people randomly placed across three BG's and I don't have the ability to move them from one group to another or turn off the extra open BG's that we don't want. I have unchecked, re-selected, and confirmed that I want to enlist for ONE BG. Does anyone have a clue how to turn off the BG's that I absolutely do not want? You have *not* made my job as an officer any easier. Old system was much easier to understand and manipulate. Not happy with the "new and improved" system at all.

I haven’t tested it but it should only go to Attack Phase with 1 BG and the other BGs won’t be active on defense. The people that placed in BG 2/3 should still be able to attack as part of your single BG as long as 10 other people don’t join attack first.

It seems like it’s going to be a big mess for casual alliances that had different people join every war. I haven’t seen anything from Kabam explaining how they intended this to help 1/2 BG alliances.
  • Options

We are auto-enlisted for one BG both on and off season and the new system opens up 3 BG's to place defenders. We are a casual alliance that runs one BG in AW with whoever is available. Now I have a handful of people randomly placed across three BG's and I don't have the ability to move them from one group to another or turn off the extra open BG's that we don't want. I have unchecked, re-selected, and confirmed that I want to enlist for ONE BG. Does anyone have a clue how to turn off the BG's that I absolutely do not want? You have *not* made my job as an officer any easier. Old system was much easier to understand and manipulate. Not happy with the "new and improved" system at all.

I haven’t tested it but it should only go to Attack Phase with 1 BG and the other BGs won’t be active on defense. The people that placed in BG 2/3 should still be able to attack as part of your single BG as long as 10 other people don’t join attack first.

It seems like it’s going to be a big mess for casual alliances that had different people join every war. I haven’t seen anything from Kabam explaining how they intended this to help 1/2 BG alliances.
    Yes, that is what was happening when wars were last active before this week.
    If ally ran 1 BG war, anyone who placed defense in BG's 2/3 were able to instead join BG1 as Attack only (provided there was attack slots open), and their 2/3 defenders were “discarded” for that war (but still “locked” out of being able to use for AQ because they were still “Persistent Defenders”, even though in a BG that was beyond what the Ally was enlisted run for wars).
  • Options

@Kabam Miike Unable to spectate the opponent info when they are alone in a path on DEFENSE. But the list is shown when a group of members are available at same spot.

Is this same issue as what has been happening in AQ ?
    Insightful that it depends if there are multiple people at that node, or just single person.

(don’t know if I saw it explained that way for similar AQ issue, which I think was just if looking at different BG, akin to in AW looking at your defense map since it is not your own offense map your looking at)
  • Options
    TheParasiteTheParasite Posts: 416 ★★

@Kabam Miike Unable to spectate the opponent info when they are alone in a path on DEFENSE. But the list is shown when a group of members are available at same spot.

Insightful that it depends if there are multiple people at that node, or just single person.

(don’t know if I saw it explained that way for similar AQ issue, which I think was just if looking at different BG, akin to in AW looking at your defense map since it is not your own offense map your looking at)
    its on the defense, when we try to see the info of a member
    offensive map works fine with info/poke
  • Options

But how about viewing a different BG offense in AW ? (similar to issue seen in AQ)
    Is it OK no matter which BG offense you look at ?
  • Options

But how about viewing a different BG offense in AW ? (similar to issue seen in AQ)
    Is it OK no matter which BG offense you look at ?
    there is just the problem with the defense info screen as in the picture, thats it, its so tough to see who is the opponent who is facing our defenders with what champs they have at the moment for data and analysis for next war placement

hope they fix this before the season launches
    @Kabam Miike mate, please take a look into this
  • Options

as a part of planning the defense, this play an important role to take data about the champs used against our defenders and which champs get koed by our defenders and a lot more

its not just like that place a defender on a spot without analysing these things when coming to WIN Focus
  • Options
    NüΚΞNüΚΞ Posts: 115 ★★
    Hello first time commenting. I have noticed that even though our defensive characters are available to use the relics on those characters are locked. Is this intentional? It makes sense to me that if those characters are available to use that the relics should be removable. Thanks
  • Options
    OpxOpx Posts: 132
    Today I wanted to use characters from AW in a Quest. But it still reserves this message for me. It worked before.
  • Options
    SpagNidusSpagNidus Posts: 51
    Opx said:

Today I wanted to use characters from AW in a Quest. But it still reserves this message for me. It worked before.

Same thing happened to myself and another alliance mate. Had to exit my quest, join attack, then restart the quest.
  • Options
    CorvosCorvos Posts: 116

im only doin 2 Bg for war . How would i be able to remove teammates defenders so others can join without kicking them since it doesnt release like it used to ?

The alliance leader should have the ability to at least remove a player from a battlegroup so an open slot is made - what happens when we have a member who cannot connect for whatever reason and we need to swap their spot out ?

If we cannot remove a player from alliance war once they placed heroes at least let leaders be able to move the players within the 3 battle groups .

• Options
    JudgementdayJudgementday Posts: 19
    edited August 2023
    respected team, please introduce some tier 5 class catalyst selector crystal. It's very hard to get even one.
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,052 ★★★★
    This whole thing is still way too broken and way too confusing.

So I have persistent placement - I added my defenders to BG 2, a couple weeks ago (placing them three times you know the drill)

But now I'm "assigned" BG 1 (attack only?) and it tells me to "join" or "continue" depending on which BG, and when I actually go to join attack, I get the lovely error message many of us are getting. Can anyone make sense of this?

This has to be the worst implemented mode change we've had in a really long time. Hopefully we get some adjustments and clarification before an actual season starts.

• Options

This whole thing is still way too broken and way too confusing.

So I have persistent placement - I added my defenders to BG 2, a couple weeks ago (placing them three times you know the drill)

But now I'm "assigned" BG 1 (attack only?) and it tells me to "join" or "continue" depending on which BG, and when I actually go to join attack, I get the lovely error message many of us are getting. Can anyone make sense of this?

This has to be the worst implemented mode change we've had in a really long time. Hopefully we get some adjustments and clarification before an actual season starts.

I’ll take a stab at it..

(**first, for reference..)
    When going to Setup Defense screens, if you are already placed in say BG2 (like you seem to be), you still will see it say Join for BG 1/3, and Continue for BG2. That indicates you are already placed persistent defense in BG2.
    Now, clicking JOIN on either BG 1/3 (we are still in the Setup Persistent Defense area), that will have the effect of REMOVING your defenders from BG2, and allowing you to continue to put them in BG 1/3 instead (starting from scratch though, just can’t “move” them all over with single click)

(**so, now onto joining ATTACK..)
    The Join/Continue/Join you see in Attack screens is probably piggy-backing off of the same situation as above.
    First, the “Assigned” is nothing more that leadership's wish for you to join a certain group. Doesn’t actually indicate you “have to” or are “committed to” joining that BG.
    BUT, the JOIN option on BG 1/3 seems to be something that still needs to be flushed out in the new system.

?? Will they allow someone who placed defense in BG2 to then change their mind and join Attack in BG1 ?? (For Ally’s that only run 1 or 2 BG's, that is what you can do if you had placed your defense in BG3, since BG3 isn’t being run, you can join BG1 on attack)

?? Or does Kabam want to require you to stick to your defense-placed BG for Attack too ? Maybe this is why this ERROR message is coming up. Maybe you can’t do that (with the exception I mentioned above if a higher BG isn’t actually enlisted and used, even though you can set defense in those higher BG #’s)
  • Options
    I check the first 3 pages of recent discussions almost daily looking for any kind of response from Kabam about AW concerns. Haven't found a single one.
    But I have noticed @SummonerNR responds to just about everything. And also that he/she tags Kabam Mike and another for some type of list. Are these the official Kabam responses we've been looking for? NR seems to have some kind of inside track of what's happening. What exactly is going on? It's extremely frustrating to not have any kind of input from Kabam about such a large part of the contest.
  • Options
    BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★
    Maja1988 said:

Why you can’t do aw masteries like in BG?

Ikr !

• Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★

I check the first 3 pages of recent discussions almost daily looking for any kind of response from Kabam about AW concerns. Haven't found a single one.
    But I have noticed @SummonerNR responds to just about everything. And also that he/she tags Kabam Mike and another for some type of list. Are these the official Kabam responses we've been looking for? NR seems to have some kind of inside track of what's happening. What exactly is going on? It's extremely frustrating to not have any kind of input from Kabam about such a large part of the contest.

He's a forum guardian so he is trying to help us out by trying to provide info and answers to questions that Kabam refuse to address. I believe the forum guardian program was updated some time ago to actually provide them with some direct access to Kabam people for information but to my knowledge Kabam hasn't said they are supposed to be official go-betweens such that we should be looking to them for official Kabam communications.

Kabam should still be the ones providing most of their information to us and as usual they mostly don't.

(I know, the forums are mainly for us to communicate amongst ourselves and aren't a direct line of communication with Kabam, blah blah blah. Changes this big should have plenty of info provided to us and we should be able to get questions answered when there's confusion and things inevitably go wrong and the forum seems a logical spot for that to happen. We are just being ignored the same as all the threads asking for info on what they are doing about all the 6/7* champs and other rewards that supposedly weren't removed from the mythic crystal fiasco when they promised they would be. No one was asking for account specific info, just info on what they will do to complete the removal they promised they would do.)
  • Options
    NoOnexRONoOnexRO Posts: 339 ★★★
    I have posted a rather long feedback about my problems with this system.
    I edited the message because one of the words was wrong.
    The entire message entered in "moderation" expecting approval from a mod.
    After 24 hours my message is not visible.
  • Options
    No ill will towards NR at all. I'm sure he's genuinely trying to help. But that is just a giant copout by Kabam.
  • Options
    FisefarFisefar Posts: 83
    Any update on when season will start? in game say it starts in 20hours. here on forums Kabam is saying maybe 9th or possibly 16th...
  • Options
    OpxOpx Posts: 132
    Why aren't defenders from aw also used in aq? I thought it only applied to attackers. People with few characters then have trouble playing AQ.