Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Insane Paragon Gauntlet Glitch! [merged, resolved]

Comments

• Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 851 ★★★★
    Still waiting on comp:$$$$$$$$$
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,253 ★★★★
    I did ut a second and third time for event quest completion solo event because the paragauntles was very easy last month. I didn't get any second set of rewards.

I then saw 80% of my alli mates hearing about the bug, redoing the gauntlet and getting a second set of rewards. To say it didn't sting a bit would be a lie
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 777 ★★★★

I did ut a second and third time for event quest completion solo event because the paragauntles was very easy last month. I didn't get any second set of rewards.

I then saw 80% of my alli mates hearing about the bug, redoing the gauntlet and getting a second set of rewards. To say it didn't sting a bit would be a lie

Such is life. I've routinely warned alliance mates not to this stuff only for members to watch others reap the rewards. Such is life haha.
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,329 ★★★★
    Again: nobody deserves these rewards, Kabam didn’t plan to give them to anyone

So the cheaters do not deserve them, the others who didn’t even knew there is a Bug do not deserve them, nobody.

They might take the items away and temporarily ban the biggest cheaters, that’s how they usually handle this. But we can just wait for their info.
  • Options
    Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    Milan1405 said:

Wubbie075 said:

"Oh nooooooo!!!!! I got everything I was entitled to but someone else got moooooore!!!!"

I have no clue how you people get through real life if the fact that someone got a free fake item that you didn't get bothers you so much. Life is really gonna slap you in the face when you graduate high school.

why are you even playing this game?
    To kill time and have fun. I also enjoy progressing my roster, just like everyone else. As long as I get what I am supposed to get, if a few people get a little extra, it's no skin off my back.
    Milan1405 said:

Wubbie075 said:

"Oh nooooooo!!!!! I got everything I was entitled to but someone else got moooooore!!!!"

I have no clue how you people get through real life if the fact that someone got a free fake item that you didn't get bothers you so much. Life is really gonna slap you in the face when you graduate high school.

So you would be happy if everyone else was allowed to repeat act 8 and obtain double rewards but you weren't? Or even simpler, everyone else got a free gift of a R3 gem but you didn't? Technically you're not entitled to any gift by your previous logic, so you should just shrug off the fact that other people got a bonus 'free fake item'.
    Yeah, I wouldn't care. I didn't do any extra runs of gauntlet so I did get anything extra. And here I am saying it's no big deal.
    Milan1405 said:

Wubbie075 said:

If you are so set on a real world example, you're not 'entitled' to anything beyond your salary at your job. But if you saw a coworker got a bonus that year, but you got nothing when you did the same amount of work as them, you're going to feel hard done by.
    I'm not sure why you're bringing up the bonus hypothetical. I said fake items in a mobile game don't matter. Bonus income in real life absolutely matters.

And I've been in the situation you described with a manager who played favorites and screwed me over with bonuses and vacation time and other things. Yeah, it sucked. But you know what I did? What an adult does. I got a new job.

But again, all of that is completely irrelevant to the discussion because those are things that actually affect my life. This is a game. It's not that big a deal.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,839 ★★★★★
    Wait what? So Kabam didnt even hold up to their word when they stated that although those who did it without exploration during the bug would not get banned, but would not be able to do it again a 2nd time?

How many times has this happened now that people exploit a bug without being reprimanded and those honest players are left with the short end of the stick?

There was a season in BGs in which players were able to grind out trophy tokens due to a glitch in the rankings before everyones rank reset, and there was no compensation there either.

This begs the question, why be a ToS abiding player, when players can abuse exploits without consequences and honest players are left without any compensation?
  • Options
    Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    Milan1405 said:

Wubbie075 said:

Yeah, I wouldn't care. I didn't do any extra runs of gauntlet so I did get anything extra. And here I am saying it's no big deal.

I highly doubt that you wouldn't care if everyone got a free gift of a R3 gem and you didn't. I get that the game isn't a big deal for you and you don't really care about some of the items in the game. And if this game had no spending element, I probably wouldn't care either. But for other people, especially those that spend money, it's really not acceptable when people get free rewards considering you've probably paid for less valuable items, as the t6cc and 7 star shards, which are some of the most valuable items in game.

My main point still stands. It simply doesn't feel good to be excluded for no legitimate reason, other than 'Kabam screwed up again.' It's like being picked last for a sports team, especially when you don't consider yourself the worst player. It doesn't matter at all, but it still doesn't feel good, simply because it feels unfair.
    Boo hoo. Life isn't fair. There are much more important inequities in life that are actually worth devoting my limited bandwidth to.

Doubt all you want, but I wouldn't care. Or, more accurately, I'd be annoyed for a brief moment and then I'd move on. It's also not an equivalent situation, because in your example, I am being specifically excluded in a way that appeared to be intentional, rather than it just being an accidental situation that a small number of people were able to benefit from. But I also use hyperbolic examples when debating so I won't belabor the point.

I am also a spender. Not a huge amount, but enough to notice. This is also an irrelevant example, because people are not getting a reward for free that you paid for. They are getting more free rewards than you. And I'm also 100% certain that a significant number of the people who went through the extra runs used items to do so, so it wasn't quite free for them anyway.

However, since you brought spending up, here's another example. Let's say you paid to go see a movie. Later you discover that someone of the people whom you saw the movie with stayed and snuck into another movie. Is your response to go to the management and demand free tickets since other people got to see a free movie?
  • Options
    Longshot_33Longshot_33 Posts: 355 ★★★
    Just let everyone re-run it so everyone has done it twice
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 777 ★★★★
    WOLF_LINK said:

Again: nobody deserves these rewards, Kabam didn’t plan to give them to anyone

So the cheaters do not deserve them, the others who didn’t even knew there is a Bug do not deserve them, nobody.

They might take the items away and temporarily ban the biggest cheaters, that’s how they usually handle this. But we can just wait for their info.

Just like you say they don't deserve them. And you don't deserve compensation either
    Lee99 said:

I didn't do the second run because the fear of getting banned now youtubers doing it and a compensation is definitely in order! @Kabam Miike

I wanted to do the wrong thing but was scared. Then I saw other people do it and now I regret it. Give me free stuff!

- This thread.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,224 ★★★★★
    Milan1405 said:

I purposefully didn't re-run it in case it was considered an exploit, but Kabam aren't even acknowledging it and now people who didn't re-run it are at a disadvantage. Idk man, feels bad. I didn't double dip on battlegrounds rewards either. Way to make your honest players feel under-appreciated, Kabam.

What was the double dipping in BG rewards?
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 671 ★★★★
    So are we getting some answers?
  • Options
    XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Posts: 482 ★★★

Yes, we will get some answers in a few hours, but it's not gonna be what you would like to hear.
  • Options
    Rohith21Rohith21 Posts: 169 ★★

Hoping we do.
  • Options

This is silly. I run that quest for event quest completion and hero use as do many people. To call this an exploit is ridiculous and to beg for compensation just means you’re just a hypocrite who wants the rewards while pretending to be a pious person.

Out of all the quests you can do for hero use, this is probably the last anyone would pick.
    It makes sense if he wants to do this quest for event quest completion (which was not even the topic of discussion) but to just beat down someone's point, bro said he would do the Paragauntlet for hero use 😭
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,297 ★★★★

This is why I've consistently said that it's impossible to do and just a Kabam L. How would you separate the people who did it knowingly from the people who run that quest for event quest and hero use (to farm revives for Necropolis)?

The issue is not people running the gauntlet multiple times. As you said, they are welcome to do that as they wish.
    The issue is if they got rewards multiple times.

So intention is irrelevant, all that matters is multiple rewards. Rewards should be removed. I don't think Bans or Compensation is needed, just removal.

And besides, running a second time just for Event Completion and happening to get duplicate rewards is believable. But, if you run it a third time and now have 3x the rewards you should be receiving, the intention clearly is now about getting the rewards, so Solo objective milestones are no longer a believable defense at all.

Hero Use is entirely a laughable defense.

• Options
    altavista said:

This is why I've consistently said that it's impossible to do and just a Kabam L. How would you separate the people who did it knowingly from the people who run that quest for event quest and hero use (to farm revives for Necropolis)?

The issue is not people running the gauntlet multiple times. As you said, they are welcome to do that as they wish.
    The issue is if they got rewards multiple times.

So intention is irrelevant, all that matters is multiple rewards. Rewards should be removed. I don't think Bans or Compensation is needed, just removal.

And besides, running a second time just for Event Completion and happening to get duplicate rewards is believable. But, if you run it a third time and now have 3x the rewards you should be receiving, the intention clearly is now about getting the rewards, so Solo objective milestones are no longer a believable defense at all.

Hero Use is entirely a laughable defense.

Now that I think about it, rewards being removed makes more sense than compensations or bans. But the problem is, they said the same about the mythic crystal situation and look where we are now (people still have the champs, shards obtained from dupes, the gold and the iso too). If they manage to carry it out well, removal of rewards is fine too.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,150 ★★★★★
    I see people listing the paragon gauntlet for EQ completion points but it is still not listed there - how many points does it give? Bwcause if it's a lot I might do it more than once this month just for that.
  • Options
    Bugmat78 said:

I see people listing the paragon gauntlet for EQ completion points but it is still not listed there - how many points does it give? Bwcause if it's a lot I might do it more than once this month just for that.

If I'm not wrong, two runs of the paragon gauntlet means all the five objectives of "event completion" being done. That's 12 energy for completing "event completion" solo objectives.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,150 ★★★★★
    Rohith21 said:

Bugmat78 said:

If I'm not wrong, two runs of the paragon gauntlet means all the five objectives of "event completion" being done. That's 12 energy for completing "event completion" solo objectives.
    Dayum!
  • Options
    Bugmat78 said:

Rohith21 said:

Bugmat78 said:

Dayum!
    You should definitely try it out. Although the bosses are a bit annoying, 12 fights for all solo objectives is sweet.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,098 ★★★★★
    Bugmat78 said:

18,000 per run