Options

[Android] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• Options
    makandymakandy Posts: 1
    edited November 2023
    In-Game Name: makandy
    Device and Model: LG G7 THINQ
    Device Operating System: Android 10 (latest for this model)
    Cellular or WiFi: both (cellular data and WiFi)
    Game Version Installed: 41.3.1 (latest)
    Game Mode: In every game mode
    Description of the Issue: The problem has persisted for 1-2 days: the entire game flow/gameplay is jerky. Every kind of fight, every animation. I've already cleared the cache, logged out and logged in again. Unfortunately no improvement.
    (translated with Deepl.com)
  • Options
    In-game name - theoppressor
    Device Redmi note 8
    Android 10
    Game version latest November 2023 install

Each time I enter a fight this update comes, but it won't complete. I quit the game and come back, I try the fight again same thing happens. I quit the quest and try again same thing happens again.
  • Options
    MizzMoMizzMo Posts: 7
    edited November 2023
    In-Game Name: MizzSloMo
    Device and Model: Galaxy S23 Ultra
    Device Operating System: Android 13
    Cellular or WiFi: Both and T-mobile
    Game Version Installed: 41.3.1
    Game Mode: Alliance Quest only
    Description of the Issue: Infinite loading issue that is affecting our ally [RIOT_]

• Options
    BenJGrimmBenJGrimm Posts: 19
    Ingame name: Ben Grimm
    Pixel 7a
    Android 14
    Wifi
    Alliance Quest only
    Also getting infinite loading trying to start AQ
  • Options
    BenJGrimm said:

Alliance Quest only
    Also getting infinite loading trying to start AQ

New AQ system.
    Only allows people to participate in maximum of 4 days worth of AQ (across any BG's).
    If you already did 4 this week, then trying to enter a 5th time (ie, Friday, if you already did Monday thru Thurs), it will result in infinite “Loading” screen.

Kabam will eventually correct this to actually show you that you can’t join more than 4, but for now it just sits there Loading.
  • Options
    StacheBoiStacheBoi Posts: 34
    In-Game Name: stache_boi
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
    Device and Operating System: Android 14, One UI 6.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 41.3.1
    Game Mode: All of them
    Description of the Issue: The fight background on the collector/grandmaster/carina is bugged; After using Apocalypse's sp3 against mole man, mole man becomes larger than normal; mangog has pink nails instead of normal color on helicarrier hangar bay fight background.

• Options
    RockpireRockpire Posts: 6

This happens when you minimise the game to go to some other window or phone locks due to inactivity.
  • Options
    I cant find my daily login calender iam unable to get gifting crystal award @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra
  • Options
    Potatoslice500Potatoslice500 Posts: 225 ★★
    BrandonCN said:

In-Game Name: BrandonWolf
    Device and Model: Galaxy Tab A7
    Device Operating System: 12
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version Installed: Latest 41.2.0 
    Game Mode: All, Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest, Alliance War, Battlegrounds, etc.
    Description of the Issue:
    -Lag and crashing issue, I know the lag maybe is because of the device, but the app crashing started 2 updates ago including the latest one.
    -I'm playing the game as always and after about 6 to 9 fights the game crashes, through all that fights there's a lot of lag and freeze, sometimes even the Google Play pop up that shows your level shows like the app restarted? and this provokes more lag, sometimes this causes the loading screens to be way longer than before and sometimes it just crashes while loading.
    -Of course this ends up on me disconnecting and joining back the game with 50% less health points.
    -another thing I saw was lag caused for a lot of particles or at least that's my theory, hitting the block of champions like Overseer, sandman, Vision arkus, etc. Causes a little bit of lag.
    -I hope this gets fixed because I'm not having a great time playing this last two updates because of that crashing issue, greetings kabam team.

Having exact same issue for last few updates. Motorola 5g, tried buying Samsung A14 and it was doing same thing so I returned it. I have to preemptively restart game every ten fights or so.
  • Options
    TonesublimeTonesublime Posts: 17
    In-Game Name: Tone Sublime.
    Device and Model: Galaxy S 9+
    Device Operating System: Android 10
    Cellular or WiFi: Both, T-Mobile cellular, Xfinity wifi
    Game Version Installed: 42.0.0
    Game Mode: Event Quests
    Description of the Issue: I was going for legends title run then halfway through started experiencing really bad buffering times between loading screens. First about 10 secs but then went all the way up to 30 secs between screens. By the time I got around 90% finished I started experiencing in fight freezing in addition to the extremely long buffering between fights. Waste of so much energy not to mention time and shot at title.
  • Options
    RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,602 ★★★★
    In-Game Name: renaxqq
    Device and Model: Nokia 7 plus
    Device Operating System: Android 10
    Game Version Installed: V42.0.0
    Game Mode: Not related to any game mode.
    Description of the Issue: hitting into Sandman's block makes game/fps to slow down.
  • Options
    In-Game Name: WoodyNailsome
    Device and Model: Moto G Play 2021
    Device Operating System: Android Version 11
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi
    Game Version Installed: 42.0.0
    Game Mode: ALL
    Description of the Issue: phone keeps force closing in all game modes. Will pop up this afterwards
  • Options

• Options
    Kano84Kano84 Posts: 55
    I have not stopped connecting daily and they have already blocked me from a prize
  • Options
    Akshay_94Akshay_94 Posts: 14
    Game Name: Infernate
    Phone: Redmi (Android 11)
    Cellular data: cellular 4g
    Game version: 42.0.0
    Game mode: AW
    I was playing in AW, when I entered fight with hit monkey against scorpion, the loading screen before match appeared and loading for around 3 minutes but I never entered the match. Then I restarted the game and when I entered the AW, I posted 1 bonus point. This thing happened with me 2nd time this season. I also have the recording of the issue. Please work on it please.
  • Options
    Akshay_94Akshay_94 Posts: 14
    Game name: Infernate
    Redmi (Android 11) cellular 4g
    Game mode AW
    The game is pissing me again, it's a 4 times this AW season I lost a point because champion did not enter the fight and I had to restart the game.
  • Options
    Potatoslice500Potatoslice500 Posts: 225 ★★
    BrandonCN said:

In-Game Name: BrandonWolf
    Device and Model: Galaxy Tab A7
    Device Operating System: 12
    Game Version Installed: Latest 41.2.0 
    Game Mode: All, Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest, Alliance War, Battlegrounds, etc.
    Description of the Issue:
    -Lag and crashing issue, I know the lag maybe is because of the device, but the app crashing started 2 updates ago including the latest one.
    -I'm playing the game as always and after about 6 to 9 fights the game crashes, through all that fights there's a lot of lag and freeze, sometimes even the Google Play pop up that shows your level shows like the app restarted? and this provokes more lag, sometimes this causes the loading screens to be way longer than before and sometimes it just crashes while loading.
    -Of course this ends up on me disconnecting and joining back the game with 50% less health points.
    -another thing I saw was lag caused for a lot of particles or at least that's my theory, hitting the block of champions like Overseer, sandman, Vision arkus, etc. Causes a little bit of lag.
    -I hope this gets fixed because I'm not having a great time playing this last two updates because of that crashing issue, greetings kabam team.

Still having this exact same issue. Anyone else? Is anything being done to address it?
  • Options
    SUIC1DESUIC1DE Posts: 20
    Your game is broken.

Fix it
  • Options
    SpookyquailSpookyquail Posts: 34
    In-Game Name: Spookyquail
    Device and Model: S23+
    Device Operating System: 13
    Game Version Installed: 42.1.0
    Game Mode: Event quest, Side quest, Quest form content
    Description of the Issue: When I enter a quest, the game encounters a weird bug, and the background of the quest is still showing the loading screen. When I try to look around the map, this happens:
    I really don't know how to describe this bug, I hope this gets fixed soon. Thank you
  • Options
    MothMoth Posts: 3
    In-Game Name: NeoCharaxes
    Device: Huawei P smart
    Device Operating System: Android 9
    Game mode: Monthly event quest
    Description of the Issue: I was doing the Monthly Quest, when I'm going to fight against Luke Cage in the second node of the first chapter, the scren goes from "Loading" to "Upgrading" And it stays upgrading. The fight never starts. Is this a bug?
  • Options
    For those with cascading (solitaire style) graphics (aka some posts above), here is a nice/concise writeup of steps to take which should resolve this issue for you.
    Steps courtesy of @djquu from main post about it at..

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/357012/solitaire-win-graphical-issue-official-comms#latest

-uninstall MCOC
    -settings > apps > google play store > storage > clear data+cache
    -find MCOC in Play Store, scroll down, Leave “Beta” (unless you already left the Beta, then it says Join, but don’t join the Beta)
    -install MCOC
  • Options
    paras282000paras282000 Posts: 8
    M the only one who didn't get any glory points 🥲?
  • Options
    Nerdy_Bot28Nerdy_Bot28 Posts: 2
    In-Game Name: Nerdy Bot
    Device and Model: OnePlus 11 R
    Device Operating System: Android 13
    Game Mode: All modes
    Description of the Issue: Screen sticks and input delay in all the modes.
  • Options
    TylerTyler Posts: 37
    Same most of them. Lag, no alliance text coming in, when I go to glory there not showing items and not able to move in fights or blocking. Not happy overall with game. All these bugs with android needs to be fixed
  • Options
    Gold_ToKYoGold_ToKYo Posts: 4
    edited January 24
    Game name - GoLD_ToKYo
    Problem: I have already researched the monthly plot. But they still gave me a ticket. What should I do?

• Options
    Gold_ToKYoGold_ToKYo Posts: 4
    edited January 24

Game Name: GoLD_ToKYo
    Device and Model: Samsung galaxy S10
    Device Operating System: ANDROID 12
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi Beeline
    Game Version Installed: Latest (up to date 13 December 2023)
    Game Mode: monthly story
    Description of the Issue: explored the storyline of the destroyer of thrones until the title "perfect". And now I took the title of perfect, but they didn’t give me a perfect ticket

I have already taken the title "Perfect"
  • Options
    WilrdWilrd Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: rwilcox
    Device and Model: pixel 6pro
    Device Operating System: Android 14
    Game Version Installed: 25.0
    Game Mode: Story, monthly quests
    Description of the Issue: in any multi fight mission I can get a random loading screen as soon the "vs" screen pops up. The loading screen will never progress. If I close the app and reopen I can hit continue...and the loading screen will pop up again. I have to exit the quest and start again. This has wasted alot of time, boosts, and revives.
  • Options
    frank_arinzefrank_arinze Posts: 12

Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing crashing, lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the Android version of The Contest, please reply using the template below.

This thread is for Android users only.

In-Game Name: Please include your in-game (not forum) name.
    Device and Model: (Example, Galaxy S6)
    Device Operating System: (Example 8.0) You can find the operating system version on Android by going to Apps, then Settings and “About Device.”
    Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue hap

pen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
    Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the Google Play Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number.
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.

In-Game Name: frankarinze
    Device and Model: Samsung note 20 ultra
    Device Operating System: Android version 13 one ui version 5.1
    Cellular or WiFi : both
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: it started about a month ago
  • Options

Device and Model: Samsung note 20 ultra
    Device Operating System: Android version 13 one ui version 5.1
    Cellular or WiFi : both
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: it started about a month ago

Regarding cascading image screens that started in January, see post below for resolving this for yourself.

Steps pertaining to not only Uninstall, but ALSO to remove yourself from PlayStore BETA BUILD version, before clearing device “cache”, and reinstalling game.

BETA BUILD opt-in is what was causing the image cascade for most people having this issue.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/357012/solitaire-win-graphical-issue-official-comms/p2
  • Options
    Spidey081Spidey081 Posts: 34
    In-Game Name: SPiÐE¥
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
    Device Operating System: Android version 14
    Cellular or WiFi: Both. Cellular AT&T
    Game Version Installed: 42.1
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: stuck on the secondary loading screen. It won't load the game.