New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• ChenChen Member Posts: 115
    It has nothing to do with the buff/debuff descriptions in the pause menu. I just started the game with 100% battery and kept it open in the main menu. No game play just trying to move it so my phone doesn't go to lock mode. Phone started to heat up just from the menu.

Try it out if you can and see if the main menu, no game play as it should minimize your GPU. I think I read someone having the heat up just by ranking champs.
  • MaybeThisIsNotMeMaybeThisIsNotMe Member Posts: 147 ★★
    cegw9d1shwlf.png
  • D_Ace_71D_Ace_71 Member Posts: 151
    Chen wrote: »
    It has nothing to do with the buff/debuff descriptions in the pause menu. I just started the game with 100% battery and kept it open in the main menu. No game play just trying to move it so my phone doesn't go to lock mode. Phone started to heat up just from the menu.

Try it out if you can and see if the main menu, no game play as it should minimize your GPU. I think I read someone having the heat up just by ranking champs.

I’ve noticed this too. Logging in just to claim the 4 hour crystals...just opening the app, the back of my ipad heats up.
  • SeetheevilSeetheevil Member Posts: 66
    Hey kabam dont you have some popular brands of phone if not then first buy some phones to your dev team so that before releasing an update they can see if it works or not

Secondly is it joke it has been3 days but no solution from your side
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Member Posts: 276
    D_Ace_71 wrote: »
    Chen wrote: »

I’ve noticed this too. Logging in just to claim the 4 hour crystals...just opening the app, the back of my ipad heats up.

Please read Page 34
  • KarinshiKarinshi Member Posts: 280 ★★
    by the way Kabam, while looking into this issue, you might as well fix the issue with the game restarting every time you swap apps, you can cooperate with Apple to fix this issue if it's an iOS related issue, it's a shame that a multi-million company can't fix a bug that introduced since iOS 11 (September 19, 2017 - 291 days so far)
  • DJSergyDJSergy Member Posts: 170 ★★
    Alright Summoners!

We're in need of your help! We're looking for a fairly Tech Savvy player that is seeing this occur often/can reproduce this easily, that planned on updating to the iOS 12 Beta, or is willing to update to the Beta to help us test some things out. We'll need to make sure that you are able to back up your device as is, and are able to revert if the Beta causes unintended interactions with the game or other parts of your phone.

If you're interested and willing to help, please let me know what Device you are currently using. I'll be corresponding with the team to help you through the process.

Just to help make sure that we're choosing the correct Summoner, you'll first need to know how to join the Beta program, and update to it.

I’ve seen the issue happen after app goes to background. Like going back and forth from line and and game, thats when you will see it bad.

It happens regardless actually, you guys shouldn’t have any issues replicating it @Kabam Miike
  • mflat872mflat872 Member Posts: 4
    iPhone 7
    Ios11.026
    WiFi - Comcast
    Cellular atat

It only occurred with the last update - I never had to issue before - my apologies about the duplicate thread
  • DJSergyDJSergy Member Posts: 170 ★★
    ctp1223 wrote: »
    Alright Summoners!

We're in need of your help! We're looking for a fairly Tech Savvy player that is seeing this occur often/can reproduce this easily, that planned on updating to the iOS 12 Beta, or is willing to update to the Beta to help us test some things out. We'll need to make sure that you are able to back up your device as is, and are able to revert if the Beta causes unintended interactions with the game or other parts of your phone.

If you're interested and willing to help, please let me know what Device you are currently using. I'll be corresponding with the team to help you through the process.

Just to help make sure that we're choosing the correct Summoner, you'll first need to know how to join the Beta program, and update to it.

if things go south, what is the plan? I'm sure nothing will because of a backup.

Also, I am not trying to micro-analyze this, but I'm afraid it happened anyway- does this mean that a fix is coming to iOS 12 only?

Oh that's not what it means! We're looking to find out if this is an interaction with iOS 11.4, especially for those that have been experiencing it a lot. We're looking into how our 19.0 build is functioning with 11.4, and what could be exacerbating these issues.

From what we can see, players across many different iOS and Android are having some issues, but none more than 11.4. We want to know if updating to 12 helps at all.

Also, to answer your first question, the only plan I have is to revert back to your backup. Not as an official endorsement or anything, but I have not been having any problems with iOS 12. In fact, I've been enjoying it more than 11.

The issue happened to me before upgrading to 11.4. I upgraded to 11.4 in hope it would fix it but nope
  • LnnyLnny Member Posts: 2
    Iphone 7
    Ios11.4
    Wifi / mobile network

utterly ridiculous how the game will causes issues directly to the phone and other applications. Initially I thought my phone was acting weird on it’s own.
    This is a serious issue that affects out-of-the-game real life situations and problem. I’ll refuse to play the game in fear that it will actually cause permanent damage to my phone.
    But If this permanent damage has already happened to my phone from the past 2 days before I realised the game was the issue, will I be left to suffer alone with a broken phone or will Kabam have solutions and answers, or be held responsible for releasing a game that damages phones?
  • LilJohLilJoh Member Posts: 52
    IPhoneX
    iOS 11.4
    Game lags and glitches like never before and phone gets so hot that it hurts to hold it
  • Zer0bitsZer0bits Member Posts: 104
    edited July 2018
    It’s clearly something in the v19 code kicking the phones cpu into overdrive, making it get super hot and killing the battery fast due to it overprocessing. Similar to stress testing a cpu on a new pc build, where u max out the cpu with multiple processor intense threads to heat it to the maximum level to test if your cooling solution is sufficient.
  • ManifesttManifestt Member Posts: 6
    Since update my phone overheat. Causes lag. Sometimes shouts down my phone. Won’t response. Have to do a force close of the phone then. When I enter a fight it just hang sometimes. Have to reboot the game or phone. In war it cost me half a champ :(
    Can’t take screenshots when it gets hot. Line starts to hang. Can only see start up screen. Have to reboot again. Hope to get a fix soon. Cost to much in aw when it f.... up.
    iOS 11.4
    iPhone 7 Plus
    WiFi or cellular network same thing happens
  • KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Member Posts: 451 ★★★
    So Kabam you guys ready to fix this yet? Pretty sure you have enough info from everyone by now, or do you want us to slowly kill all our phones first😂
  • ManifesttManifestt Member Posts: 6
    Forgot the new update drains my battery as well
  • Ingi_FreyrIngi_Freyr Member Posts: 11
    I have an iPhone 7 and after couples of fight the phone starts heating up a lot under the camera area and soon after that the left side of the touchscreen stops working and everything begins to be unresponsive. I have wanted to throw my phone through the window few times out of frustration about this. Hope it gets sorted quickly. I only play few times per day now and only for like 5 minutes each time :/
  • SMiller80SMiller80 Member Posts: 230 ★★
    edited July 2018
    I'm using a Galaxy 7 and have overheating issues. Arena can't be done, so I'm out 2 t4bs and any shards I might have gotten. I can quest some, but not for long. This is getting ridiculous. Not being able to play this game, which I love playing, is making it tempting to quit altogether. I can get over bugs and whatnot, but this is very different.
  • DawgballsDawgballs Member Posts: 18
    iPhone 7
    iOS 11.3.1

Overheating, crashing, Black spinning wheel, all other apps including home button, and phone functionality totally unresponsive.

I’m not one to complain but this type of “bug” on a version release is entirely unacceptable. It’s *almost* as if you don’t actually beta test your releases across varying mobile devices.

I actually find this type of issue much more neglectful than a server outage. By releasing a defective product that negatively effects my personal device is straight up negligence and reparations should be made.
  • bongstabongsta Member Posts: 11
    i have trouble and concerns w/my ios phone when playing this game for few minutes. 1. am concern about my phone when am playing this game!!!! phone heats up and battery life span drains very quickly from 100% - 20%!! 2. my phone freezes when playing 3. game lags, champs moves by itself (sometimes), game downloads is awfully slow, & will get “wifi” connection problems”.
  • GeezeluizGeezeluiz Member Posts: 3
    iOS 11.4
    iPhone 7

Thanks for responding
  • dcw_dcw_ Member Posts: 130
    edited July 2018
    I find it very troubling that this issue continues to persist. Does Kabam not recognize the damage to physical property this is or has the potential to cause.

This is worse then a virus, you can say “just don’t play the game then.” However, I’m an alliance leader and feel a duty to ensure it runs smoothly for my fellow alliance members this requires me to be in game for a period of time to meet those commitments. On a personal level i’ve Not been able to compete in the arenas to attempt to obtain the current champions fratured. I also have multiple accounts so it’s made my gaming life a nightmare.

I would not be surprised at all to see a class action suit to pop up over this issue. I would have thought Kabam would have anticipated this by now. I’m surprised they have not either fixed it or rolled it back until fixed. At this point it could appear that Kabam is knowingly and actively damaging real property.
  • Ezra7676Ezra7676 Member Posts: 678 ★★
    Is the issue the game or the phone? No problems here. I'm kinda dissapointed I've been saving glory for the new store prices and have to wait because people using outdated phones, if that's the case? If the game has outgrown your phone get a new one or deal with it.
  • Gohan2606Gohan2606 Member Posts: 21
    Ezra7676 wrote: »
    Is the issue the game or the phone? No problems here. I'm kinda dissapointed I've been saving glory for the new store prices and have to wait because people using outdated phones, if that's the case? If the game has outgrown your phone get a new one or deal with it.

It’s the game as it is effecting iPhones x 8 and 7 so maybe see the phones being listed before you say a comment such as get a new phone or deal with it
  • WestthepestWestthepest Member Posts: 9
    edited July 2018
    iPhone 7 11.4
    Overheating. Reset phone to factory reloaded just Mcoc still overheating.
    Also have Motorola z2 latest update. Seeing same overheating and battery consumption issue with this device (not as bad as apple but come on we all know it sucks on android as it is)
    All problems occurred post 19.0 update.
    Must have something to do with app overclocking processor.
    I don’t feel we need compensation other than the game fixed. As it is customers are less likely to spend money to destroy their devices. Come on Kabam this isn’t a little bug you need to step up and get this resolved.

Note: moto z2 force has snapdragon 835 processor with 6gb of ram it should be hard to push this to its limits.
  • bongstabongsta Member Posts: 11
    my ios newly updated is over heating and battery drains pretty quickly!! game lags, “wifi” connection problems”, my fone freezes when playing, champs dash/does heavy attack automatically! and game time downloads is awfully slow!
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,966 ★★★★★
    It’s going on three days now and no solution, no advice—I realize this is a top priority, but your communications need to be mindful of the timeline of what is going on in-game.

@Kabam Miike AQ is up and running (albeit in the wrong brackets)—what is the game team’s advice for players experiencing the overheating/shutdown problem?

Dr. Zola
  • docdanzdocdanz Member Posts: 10
    Lots of issues. Lag, temporarily unresponsive controls, occasional complete sceen freeze but more often phone just powers off then reboots.

iPhone 7+
    Ios11.4
    Carrier Spark NZ
    Happens on wifi and 4g

This is the most glitchy update I have seen from Kabam and that’s saying something. Hey your **** sorted guys!

Thanking you in advance...
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Member Posts: 683 ★★
    Update? Info? Anything...
    @Kabam Miike
This discussion has been closed.