**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• BensonBenson Posts: 5
    Benson wrote: »
    I didn’t read into it correctly but yes they had the app downloaded on the device already as well and updated the game when it was available but his iPhone don’t have issues when playing it like mine does and the difference is I’m running 11.4 and he is running 11.3 that’s all I would be able to say.
    I asked him if by any chance did he re download the game and he said yes he had deleted it to make room for his phone and around the time this new update came he got the app again

• tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    It's been awhile since the last update from kabam , I think they are making tweeks on the Live Servers, There are few new members reporting now reporting on there devices overheating for the first time and a few android users . Trying tweek, check after each tweek, on forum to see how many new members are are reporting overheating problems, hoping 0 response . Most members that have overheating problems from early this week are not playing game, a few have reported hardware failure

There has been no Update, besides try use IOS 12. And ofcourse we need help from a Tech Savvy player. (Read from page 31) . As I have Said before , Getting a anwer from Kabam , Is like a dentist sitting on your chest pulling teeth out with a pair of pliers

comments please
  • BenLucasBenLucas Posts: 69
    Iphone SE - heating up when using MCOC app
    Ipad model A1822 - game crashing randomly
  • TheremonTheremon Posts: 62
    iPhone 8 with 11.2.6
    iPad mini 4 with 10.3.2

No issues with overheating, but have had a lot of trouble with intercepting, blocking, and evading this week, especially in Master and AW. Like something changed with timing or speed of AI attackers or not registering my controls fast enough. I'm a 3.5 year player, I didn't forget how to fight overnight.
  • GiddzGiddz Posts: 5
    Lag so bad tonight could barely finish a fight in aq had to stop after 10 mins after phone over heated and shut down bad times
  • TreoTreo Posts: 382 ★★
    hjpcloxhg1yp.jpeg
    Mcoc Players around the World on iPhone at this moment trying to be able to play since aw and war is starting
  • KahrahtayKahrahtay Posts: 146
    DJSergy wrote: »
    ctp1223 wrote: »
    Alright Summoners!

We're in need of your help! We're looking for a fairly Tech Savvy player that is seeing this occur often/can reproduce this easily, that planned on updating to the iOS 12 Beta, or is willing to update to the Beta to help us test some things out. We'll need to make sure that you are able to back up your device as is, and are able to revert if the Beta causes unintended interactions with the game or other parts of your phone.

If you're interested and willing to help, please let me know what Device you are currently using. I'll be corresponding with the team to help you through the process.

Just to help make sure that we're choosing the correct Summoner, you'll first need to know how to join the Beta program, and update to it.

if things go south, what is the plan? I'm sure nothing will because of a backup.

Also, I am not trying to micro-analyze this, but I'm afraid it happened anyway- does this mean that a fix is coming to iOS 12 only?

Oh that's not what it means! We're looking to find out if this is an interaction with iOS 11.4, especially for those that have been experiencing it a lot. We're looking into how our 19.0 build is functioning with 11.4, and what could be exacerbating these issues.

From what we can see, players across many different iOS and Android are having some issues, but none more than 11.4. We want to know if updating to 12 helps at all.

Also, to answer your first question, the only plan I have is to revert back to your backup. Not as an official endorsement or anything, but I have not been having any problems with iOS 12. In fact, I've been enjoying it more than 11.

The issue happened to me before upgrading to 11.4. I upgraded to 11.4 in hope it would fix it but nope
    DJSergy wrote: »
    ctp1223 wrote: »
    Alright Summoners!

We're in need of your help! We're looking for a fairly Tech Savvy player that is seeing this occur often/can reproduce this easily, that planned on updating to the iOS 12 Beta, or is willing to update to the Beta to help us test some things out. We'll need to make sure that you are able to back up your device as is, and are able to revert if the Beta causes unintended interactions with the game or other parts of your phone.

If you're interested and willing to help, please let me know what Device you are currently using. I'll be corresponding with the team to help you through the process.

Just to help make sure that we're choosing the correct Summoner, you'll first need to know how to join the Beta program, and update to it.

if things go south, what is the plan? I'm sure nothing will because of a backup.

Also, I am not trying to micro-analyze this, but I'm afraid it happened anyway- does this mean that a fix is coming to iOS 12 only?

Oh that's not what it means! We're looking to find out if this is an interaction with iOS 11.4, especially for those that have been experiencing it a lot. We're looking into how our 19.0 build is functioning with 11.4, and what could be exacerbating these issues.

From what we can see, players across many different iOS and Android are having some issues, but none more than 11.4. We want to know if updating to 12 helps at all.

Also, to answer your first question, the only plan I have is to revert back to your backup. Not as an official endorsement or anything, but I have not been having any problems with iOS 12. In fact, I've been enjoying it more than 11.

The issue happened to me before upgrading to 11.4. I upgraded to 11.4 in hope it would fix it but nope

So.. you guys make millions, but need is to test and help tou fix it
  • Do we have a answer for this by @Kabam Miike or someone.
  • BeerDragoonBeerDragoon Posts: 54
    iPhone 6S - was on 11.3 and now upgraded to 11.4. Same issues on both iOS versions.

My phone will go from 100% battery to 20% in about 10 minutes of running the game. That is a very concerning amount of battery power to go through so quickly. You guys could be doing legitimate damage to our phones with this -- seriously you could cook an egg on the back of my phone after those 10 minutes.

If you can't fix it you need to pull the iOS version of the game. This is a lawsuit waiting to happen and, based on the number of messages here, you can't claim you didn't know about the issue.
  • DJSergyDJSergy Posts: 170 ★★
    This is serious. The community needs daily updates on the progress of this, with specifics on the status, not just blanket responses. AW and AQ should be suspended, compensantion given for lost events and Arenas schedules need to be reworked.

This is the worst update by far. I do get that you guys are working as hard and fast as you can to resolve this, but with all honesty its not fast enough and it is just unacceptable.

@Kabam Miike
  • Gracie78Gracie78 Posts: 2
    iPhone 7
    Office 11.4
    Sprint
    WiFi-full bars
    While playing game my phone completely freezes lags and crashes. I can't open apps nor can I take phone calls. I have to completely shut off the phone for it to normalize.
  • BensonBenson Posts: 5
    Update on the iPhone 7 Plus iOS 11.3 into one hour of play the game shut down like the phone will restart but it doesn’t it goes back to home screen. I still haven’t experienced over heating on this device but will continue playing and will update with any new info I have. I’m still scared to log into it with my iPhone X because of the number of times my phone was over heating really really bad and like others have concerns as to what damage my phone will have since it’s not a cheap iPhone by any means $1100+ Can anyone confirm if this will affect my IPhone moving forward now with battery or any other things?
  • TreoTreo Posts: 382 ★★
    I don’t play arena because more then a few fights brakes my phone ... and it needs to cool down ... I play 1/2 fights and then close phone so it can cool down ... rinse and repeat to do aq and aw ...
  • ks101ab486ks101ab486 Posts: 51
    edited July 2018
    iOS 11.4

Device: iPhone 5s, 6s, 7 plus
    iPad mini 2

Problems: Lag, overheating, app crashing, phone crashing, to where the game is unplayable.

I’ve been using 5s iPhone as I got that for free - hence I don’t care if the overheating destroys the phone.

Once that phone dies - I may be done with the game for good as I’ll need to leave my alliance before war seasons if there is no fix ASAP - and I’m not spending a dime anymore after this brand new level of a mess. If it’s happened once it will happen again. Over.
  • Lowend0707Lowend0707 Posts: 4
    Phone heats up and battery drains faster after the update. Goes from 100% to 50% in 30 min of playing the game.

iPhone 6
    OS 11.4
  • Issues:
    - When playing the game my phone heats up really hot.
    - Phone will do a quick restart or reset (app crashes with spinning circle and I have to use my passcode to log back into my phone. I have to restart the app)
    - Sometimes when playing in a 3v3 arena and I select to play next, I’m taken to the singe vs arena instead of the same arena.

iPhone 7
    iOS 11.4
  • WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    Treo wrote: »
    I don’t play arena because more then a few fights brakes my phone ... and it needs to cool down ... I play 1/2 fights and then close phone so it can cool down ... rinse and repeat to do aq and aw ...

Same. Temporary solve for me. If this continues more than a day or two I will just call it quits. Shame, I have enjoyed playing for 2 + years...
  • brok3nbrok3n Posts: 8
    iOS 11.4
    IPhone 7+

@Kabam Miike So I just noticed a few interesting things. I swapped my game center account and the phone did not over heat as much but over time 30-40min+(gives me at least enough time to run through my top champs) and it still went to the black screen timer. But it wasn't as hot as it used to. Then just moments ago I swapped mcoc account on my phone to do some AQ and with in minutes the phone rapidly shoot up in temp like it used to. I had to shut down my phone in fear that it might break my phone. Could the problem be with the way the game is interacting with game center? not sure if you guys changed anything with how they interact. I know that game center is suppose to tract all your scores and stuffs. could it be that the game is constantly trying to send info to game center but the game center is rejecting the info cause it does not match your game center account because it is not your initial account that's attached to your game center. Let me know if that helps.

But all-in-all Kabam as a company is disappointing putting out a product that could be dangerous to our phones. I'm sure kabam is not going to refund us and give us new phone. We don't even know how damaging these multiple overheats will affect our phone over time.
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    where is Kablam , so many Players/members are asking for help, update on NEW 19.0 UPDATE PHONE PROBLEMS [MERGED THREADS] but there has been no update or response from Kablam.

On page 31 Kablam asked for sent a request for a a Tech Savvy player to assist to resolve this overheating.

Now on Page 39 with no update . how many members/users does it take to say - CAN YOU PLEASE HELP

See page 30. members have said a lot of things Good and Bad, maybe from worst offenders of this post from Apple user

But with no updates, some members reporting hardware failure, Some members are shouting, asking for help

Not a sound in in nearly 24 Hours from Kabam

Please add comments
  • DiscountjohnnyDiscountjohnny Posts: 17
    More dissapointed. New war up, new quest up. Still no answers to when we can play again. Wont take long to get booted from long term alliance. Missing out on arenas. Guess its over. They keep the money with no regrets. Hope they enjoyed their weekend.
  • BeerDragoonBeerDragoon Posts: 54
    It’s hard to believe this wasn’t caught during the testing phase of development. You mean to tell me none of the testers used a iPhone and played for more than 15 minutes? This isn’t random

This isn't an issue affecting all users, or even all iPhone Users on 11.4. I play on a iPhone 7plus (on iOS 12 Beta though) and haven't had any issues, and believe me, I've been trying so that I can help get a reproduction case going.

Wanna bet? Pick anyone with an iPhone running game version 19 and iOS 11.3 or 11.4, you will find the issue. I have access to a few Apple devices and they all do it. Current installs, fresh installs, AQ, AW, Arena...does not matter. They all do it.

Sure it works on the iOS 12 beta you are running...but how is that helpful? 11.4 is the current release of the software that everyone not in the beta program should be running. I cannot believe that this was not tested.
  • Yeah i have this in 2 Days now and no fix is released by kabam or anybody else. So i havent played anything and that is to sad cause i really grind the arena everyday and i gona lose alot of shards. I hope they gona do some about it :neutral:
  • ChickenChicken Posts: 160
    My phone heats up too. It doesn’t heat up enough to cause problems but it gets pretty hot.

iPhone 8+
    iOS 11.4
    Happens with both WiFi and cellular data.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Well complaints are starting to roll in of trashed phones. Great job Kabam, that's one way to lose a customer permanently. There should have been a warning from the company. It didn't take me long to put the game down but evidently others had more confidence in their devices survivability.
  • NEONEO Posts: 347
    They just took down my post I said how I was upset and my iPhone won’t charge up anymore. It’s a paperweight now.
  • AvoabbasAvoabbas Posts: 40
    Device and Model: iPhone 7
    Device Operating System: iOS 11)
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi and LTE
    Game Version Installed: 19.0 latest version
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War. Usually when I play the game for a couple hours straight.
    Description of the Issue: My device is over heating. Sometimes my phone restarts and the volume shuts out. I’ve never had this problem u till the 19.0 update.
  • NEONEO Posts: 347
    I didn’t even swear or say anything insulting and they deleted my post. Despicable
  • DiscountjohnnyDiscountjohnny Posts: 17
    Lol. Cant get any body to answer us in the forums but kabam just sent me a customer feed back email from my customer support ticket they closed. REALLY? They have the nerve to ask how well they did as a support team? Very frustrated Kabam. Thats my feed back. If i told you how i really feel you would just pull it.
This discussion has been closed.