**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Nerf uncollected adaptoid!

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    simolaz wrote: »
    Is it true that at master level the Adaptoid doesn’t trigger the third special? A friend of mine said he had three power bar full, but instead of launching the third special he went with the second, leaving one bar full. He tried again and it happened again.
    Is it true?
    Does it work this way event in the uncollected mode?

Adaptiod only has 2 specials

Good to know then! Thanks!
  • Options
    LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    He's a bit much. I never have to use items in Uncollected, but this boss alone costed me 15 revives for 100% (and I didn't use items anywhere else in EQ). Most of that came from dying when he was under 25% and getting rekt trying to get started again.

Not complaining cause I always overflow on those revives these days anyway, but I can see why people are upset about it. He's probably hardest boss we've had in EQ after Thanos (Ronan infinite stun cheese tactics aside).
  • Options
    VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Was a fun fight, no items used.
  • Options
    BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Or just use the right champ for he fight. Ronan spam that adaptoid.
    What did people expect, its kabam, they messed us about with updates and overheating. Ofc they guna cash grab its who they are

Honestly though, this isn’t a cash grab.
    Yes, unlucky fighting, sneezing at the wrong moment, mind drifting can get you killed.
    But with proper evades and a sensible champ to counter some or all of his abilities, items aren’t really needed.
    And even then...
    The quest runs for a month, energy refills for free. If you lose 5 champs, quit, restart and try again. By doing we get better. Not every opponent goes down with the same tactic. That’s the game..
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/87538/hydra-adaptoid-counters-definitive-list#latest

If anyone’s still having trouble, I’ve drawn up a list of all the counters to Adaptoid that I can think of. I’d recommend having a read and seeing who you have that you may not have considered
  • Options
    Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/87538/hydra-adaptoid-counters-definitive-list#latest

If anyone’s still having trouble, I’ve drawn up a list of all the counters to Adaptoid that I can think of. I’d recommend having a read and seeing who you have that you may not have considered

@BitterSteel thanks for doing this! Should be helpful to a lot of people coming here for advice like they should :)
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,666 Guardian
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Bapoi wrote: »
    Heimdall can be easily downed with an AA, just make sure to evade that initial L2 and keep him at L1.
    Adaptoid sucks, very true, but he can be taken down with a multitude of champs as well, I used Magik and her L3 on him. Went down pretty quick.
    Bapoi wrote: »
    Heimdall can be easily downed with an AA, just make sure to evade that initial L2 and keep him at L1.
    Adaptoid sucks, very true, but he can be taken down with a multitude of champs as well, I used Magik and her L3 on him. Went down pretty quick.
    I

I don’t have him

Dont do the event then. Stop crying

How would you feel then, a year and a half in. Don’t lie ask your self truly

When uncollected difficulty was first introduced, I couldn't complete it without spending units, and I didn't even try for full exploration. I felt fine. That's what happens when the game introduces a newer, higher difficulty. Some players will be able to run through it, some won't. I was just slightly outside the cutoff, and I had to progress more to get there. The game has always been like that for me, and I expect always will be. I actually hope that never changes.

Uncollected is where the highest difficulty recurring content shows up, and the difficulty is not just in brute force but also it challenges your roster, your *knowledge* of your roster, and gameplay tactics other than parry-combo. And because the content is implementing different tactical and roster challenges, the apparent difficulty can vary wildly from one player to the next, and from one month to the next. That's entirely predictable, and actually desirable. That's what content variety will inevitably do.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

@BitterSteel thanks for doing this! Should be helpful to a lot of people coming here for advice like they should :)

No problem. Just trying to highlight just how many counters there are for one of the most talked about (and not in a good way) bosses of uncollected so far. Hopefully people will think about fights in future rather than just throw revives and complain when it doesn’t work.
  • Options
    MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★
    Jiren1234_ wrote: »
    He is a money grabbing fight for people who don’t have a Ronan or magik. Even my 4* 5/50 blade can’t our damage vigor.

I used 3 star Ronan. It was funny. Who told you that Adaptoid is a money grab???
  • Options
    No, this fight is ridiculously easy. You can beat uncollected adaptoid and red skull with a 2 star ronan. The only mastery you need is pacify maxed.
  • Options
    BKEsouthpawBKEsouthpaw Posts: 18
    Cry harder bro.