**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Developers Thoughts: Improving Alliance Wars Discussion Thread

Comments

• ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    OKAYGang wrote: »
    The bleed immunity only encourages the use of Medusa, Mephisto, and MODOK on defense, it just makes them that much stronger since bleed was one of the few weaknesses they had.

Let's face it, people were already going to use the above champs whether or not bleed immune is introduced. They are just that good.
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    OKAYGang wrote: »
    The bleed immunity only encourages the use of Medusa, Mephisto, and MODOK on defense, it just makes them that much stronger since bleed was one of the few weaknesses they had.

Let's face it, people were already going to use the above champs whether or not bleed immune is introduced. They are just that good.

Well Kabam's justification for this is to get people to switch it up, this is counterproductive to that is what my point here was.
  • Non basterebbe aggiungere diversità in attacco come è stata aggiunta x la difesa?
  • Well kabam who to blame for players using the same champs on ATK and DEF? You release IWIM, Korg, Modok with all their abilities, you also release AUTO-BLOCK champs that can only be counter by very few champs effectively... what do you expect players to use Hawkeye, Spidey Gwen when you have all these champs you releasing with better features? So with your new setup to diversify you just imbalancing or shifting the game dynamic for your gain NOT THE PLAYERs... so please let just cut the nonsense... That doesn’t sound like you trying to diversify... i hate to say it, your approach is not stupid cause you know what you planning on achieving... your focus if what you saying is true intend for the player base should be;

1. Cheating - piloting, match-fixing etc.
    2. matchmaking - this is horrible having Gold alliances making up against plat1 and master alliances. You are ruining the game experience for lower alliances period...
    3. Do what you want with #3 cause this is business
  • Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Posts: 445 ★★
    Yes, I am all about keeping the meta fresh. These changes aren’t bad really.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Will the global bleed immune node affect champs that armor break or gain cruelty against bleed immune champs or is this restricted to naturally bleed immune champs only ? This affects x23 and Carnage and others, and is poot planning on your part kabam, not to mention the inevitable bugs this brings with it.
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    Kpatrix wrote: »
    Will the global bleed immune node affect champs that armor break or gain cruelty against bleed immune champs or is this restricted to naturally bleed immune champs only ? This affects x23 and Carnage and others, and is poot planning on your part kabam, not to mention the inevitable bugs this brings with it.

I’d like this answered officially as well. If it means the champs mentioned - this goes for Yondu and Elektra as well - won’t be able to use their ‘backup’ abilities, those champs will be completely useless in AW. Especially in Gold 1 and up. There is no way they can get a 5/5 down without any abilities, given the short time. It’ll be time about after time out.

• R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    With both my r5 champs being AA and Blade, who I ranked specifically for AW attack ,I can't help but feel I am being screwed rather than getting a more enjoyable or funner gameplay. Doesn't seem Ill be able to use them much and have completely wasted my rare T5 basics. "Woe is me," right? But I think many others will suffer this set back.

This seems more like an opportunity to nerf Blade w/o actually touching him. Which leads to the question, why don't you put more thought into their creation? Rather than create a champ everyone wants, blows resources on, and later take it all away from them? Money? Profit?

Changes haven't happened yet, but with this "nerf" to bleed champs in AW, I think you'll hear many arguments for RDTs. Arguments will be, "but champs haven't been changed," "They are still useful in other modes." Who cares about other modes? This game is all about AW (which posts like this make clear of) and thats what we base our rank ups around, not some silly monthly EQ that can be beaten with Spider Gwen or Kamala Khan.

If you're gonna keep forcing different forms of diversity to eliminate top ranked champs than you need to increase resources to make up for it. What you tend to think is a chance to increase roster use only pushes our chosen rank ups to the bench. Where is the diversity there? Just say you have added so many useless champs to the game and you want people to use them, whether we like it or not, and you will always make us waste resources on ranking the good champs.
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    I understand wanting to create a ever changing AW experience in order to keep it fresh. How about this... before working on and releasing new features, Kabam fixes the bugs and issues.

I just had another crash when loading an AQ match. It wasn’t because of network connection. Players are tired of losing 1/2 health for things that are not their fault. Not to mention lag, and a whole list of issues with every update of either phones/devices and of the game itself.
  • NoOnexRONoOnexRO Posts: 339 ★★★
    Kabam, you have good intentions with these changes but maybe there is something simpler than rotating buffs in order to get that full roster use and not just the use of top heroes.

5 days cool down for all heroes placed in AW.

Each week there are 3 wars. So in these 3 wars force the players to use each time different heroes.
    Not with nodes but with a cool down system similar to the one that is present in the Arenas.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Here's what I want to know. Will these changes really do what the developers want them to? Will their goal for summoners to bring in a different team really happen? I highly doubt it to be honest. Blade is still just as effective without his bleed and Corvus is still the king of AW, nothing has changed. You can introduce all of the global nodes you want, but until the top tier champions aren't leaps and bounds better than our other champs, we won't stop using them.

I can tell you right now, I expect nothing to change for my team in AW, my top 3 attackers will still be my top 3 attackers. The key here is not to change AW, but to change the viability of 75% of champs. I would argue that the majority of champs never get used in AW because they simply cannot compete in the most competitive mode in the game. Until that 75% of champs get balanced to at least be usable in AW nothing is going to change. You can't tell us that you want us to use a wider variety of champs when that "variety of champs" are broken because you guys made them that way. I realize not all champs can be "god tier" but until the lower tiers of champs (which also happen to be the majority of champs) don't suck so much, not only will nothing change, nothing CAN change.
  • Everyone always complains when there is a good champ but let’s be honest if there weren’t better champs then others we wouldn’t spend on crystals to acquire these champions. The problem I see with nerfing champs is you make us spend money or resources to acquire a good champion then after you milk all the money possible from us you need the champ. I have a blade at rank 5 200 and have spent a lot of time and resources to get him there only to now have him become pointless. I have now become pointless to my team as my attack team revolves around blade. This is not just about blade it’s the fact we are pushed to getting a top champ then that same champ is nerfed somehow down the line. It’s got to stop or people will get sick of the same routine. Making all defenders bleed immune does not make AW fun or more strategic it’s just a way to nerf all bleeders and make them pointless. You guys can do better then this so please rethink this change and come up with something better.
  • ACKILLACKILL Posts: 1
    Hello, I have a few suggestions:
    1) make a war of choice map.
    2) make buffs (1 per cell have 5 buffs and you can choose 3 bufs)
    3) the most important thing to do it change all the characters in the game for balance.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Maybe put the global node on 29 so you can eliminate it on a difficult fight instead.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Just buff older champs and make the viable (like you did with Luke, Red Hulk, Venom, Carnage, etc). These are all great reworks and makes them viable rank-up choices and usable in war.

I know you are doing it now, but at a really slow rate. Focus more on buffing older champs and it will fix a lot of issues.

Also, bleed champs were already handicapped in war. Bleed immune nodes are already everywhere in AW, now with this global buff bleeders are completely useless. The idea's are nice, I'm all for diversity, but I don't agree with the implementation on how to fix this. It's a good idea, but it needs some work.
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Now can we get the non-spin version of dev thoughts?

Bcoz I don’t think they are that naive that they don’t know the causes for such lack of attacker diversity?
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    I understand the need to shift the meta constantly to try and keep war from becoming stale but it doesnt matter how slowly the meta shifts if its moving faster then our ability to acquire rank up materials. Am I supposed to bring r3 5 stars to attack over my 2 r5 5 star champs? Just reducing the effectiveness of the current top tier attackers but giving no way to shift our rosters to the new evolving meta is just going to upset most players in my opinion.
This discussion has been closed.