**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Champion Improvement Suggestions [edited by Mod for clarity]

YawnYawn Posts: 22
edited October 2018 in Suggestions and Requests
I don’t think there’s much argument in the fact that Iron Fist is one of the worst mystic champs in the game. There is absolutely nothing to this character in terms of his abilities or specials. The specials have no secondary effects, are easily evadable (no defensive utility), and have nothing to them that makes iron fist useful in any realm of the contest. All of his abilities can fit on the screen without having to scroll, not that this is a bad thing, but take a look at exactly what these abilities are. Heavy attacks can nullify 3 specific buffs? When is this ever useful and why is it so specific? 50% chance on crits to armor break? Okay fine. And that’s it. That’s all iron fist is. Even his synergies can’t make him better because all they do is increase armor rating by 130. (Because we all know Iron Fist desperately needs that, lol) The contest has really outgrown Iron Fist and he’s one of those characters that can’t be played anywhere in the game aside for arena points. KABAM has done an amazing job with buffing lackluster characters and I can’t help but feel as though Iron Fist should be one of the next in line. Give Iron Fist some utility and maybe armor shatter as an ability and I’d be over the moon. Just give him anything so that I can use this guy again. What are the forums thoughts on characters from each class that should be buffed?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• YawnYawn Posts: 22
    Yeah juggernaut is definitely on the terrible mystic list as well lol
    MSRDLD wrote: »
    I expected to see a post about Juggernaut. Iron Fist is deserving of this criticism tho. Supposedly the best martial artist and he is awwwwwful.

• Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    Iron fist is the worst, and a far cry from his counter part and that nerf basically destroyed what little worth he had.

As for juggernaut he's okay but his worth as defender and a attacker and is a counter for some people but if he's unduped the he sucks.
  • YawnYawn Posts: 22
    yeah, he got caught up in the update that was meant to nerf other characters but ended up neutering him. He went from semi-useful to riding the bench.
    Iron fist is the worst, and a far cry from his counter part and that nerf basically destroyed what little worth he had.

As for juggernaut he's okay but his worth as defender and a attacker and is a counter for some people but if he's unduped the he sucks.

• SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,141 ★★★★★
    I think he's mostly awful, but to be fair I have him as a 6* and when I have to use him in AQ he wrecks the Sentinels on map 5.
  • BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    Wasn't precision and critical nerfed right after 12.0 and didn't he benfit from those?
  • xananabananaxananabanana Posts: 495
    UC is by far worse

He can be useful if you don't have any bleed immune champs. But really don't enjoy using him at all.
  • BeginthEndBeginthEnd Posts: 334
    What?! Not one single mention of the most elusive champ in the game. Maybe people just forgot. Must not know who he is? I’m talking bout Tha Immortal Iron Fistich! He stole Juggs helmet, while he was in fourth grade!
  • HULK_BREAKHULK_BREAK Posts: 374
    Iron Fist.... both
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Iron fist used to not be bad pre12.0. You could at least get negative armor values going and do big damage.

Nowadays he is just useless.
  • MarriMarri Posts: 260 ★★
    Pre-12 he wrecked Groot Miniboss in AQ map 3. Synergy with BP was cool, who was a solid bleeder. Great couple in AQ, used em all the time.
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Marri wrote: »
    Pre-12 he wrecked Groot Miniboss in AQ map 3. Synergy with BP was cool, who was a solid bleeder. Great couple in AQ, used em all the time.

I used to that combo too. Ahhh the good old days.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    He was my Emma Frost slayer when I sucked against her, so he has some uses...not many others tho.
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    He definitely needs a buff. I don't think he requires a lot of work but yeah 12.0 killed him.
  • skullduggery72skullduggery72 Posts: 224 ★★
    edited October 2018
    Yes IF needs a buff, juggs needs one more though, especially as juggs is the more powerful champion, in the comics he can take on entire teams like the xmen yet here he's pathetic, uc also needs a buff, as do many others like colossus, IP, gamora, XFDP, magneto etc
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    The one thing I find useful when it comes to IF is when fighting Medusa, you can remove her Fury charges with his Heavy Attack. Can keep her from getting to Living Strands plus do some damage unlike champs thar just nullify the charges.
  • Swimmer15Swimmer15 Posts: 118
    The one thing I find useful when it comes to IF is when fighting Medusa, you can remove her Fury charges with his Heavy Attack. Can keep her from getting to Living Strands plus do some damage unlike champs thar just nullify the charges.

She is bugged right now, if nullify she gets the fury back almost instantly making her stay in living strands most the fight (your basically just resetting the timer)
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    A lot of Juggernaut hate at the moment but he’s unstunnable when unstoppable and adds nullify when you try so he’s actually kinda scary on defense if you got more frail attackers do he’s at least passable

If anything UC or IIF are worse but IF as a standard mystic you can just get no questions asked is definitely an awful champ. Negative armor being removed damaged him waaaaay to much
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    At 1 point iron fist was used for legends run back then,

But this is cae with all old champs there is no need to kabam to buff old champs,

Look at venom/carnage they got a nice buff...but how many of those people are actually going to r5 5* when there are champs like.

Medusa/hyperion/Corvus in cosmic category or other strong meta champs.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    edited October 2018
    Yawn wrote: »
    Gonna have to disagree with you on your point that there is no need to buff old champs. KABAM has made it their mission statement that they want champion diversity in all aspects of the game. This will never happen if there are champs as useless as iron fist/ x force Deadpool/ khan/ Groot etc... The whole idea that champs will one day “go outta style because they’re old therefore be rendered useless” shouldn’t be the direction the game should be taking and shouldn’t be something you’re okay with.
    At 1 point iron fist was used for legends run back then,

But this is cae with all old champs there is no need to kabam to buff old champs,

Look at venom/carnage they got a nice buff...but how many of those people are actually going to r5 5* when there are champs like.

Medusa/hyperion/Corvus in cosmic category or other strong meta champs.
    @Yawn

Yea ill wait for the day someone brings

Xforce deadpool,kamala khan,groot, to alliance war attack, till then, they are not meta characters and are not worth r5 5* vs better champs in respective class

And even if they did get buffs..how will they stack up? They will need to be equal or better in terms of what they will bring to the table.

For example what does buffing kamala khan or using her have over champions like hyperion,corvus,medusa? If she ever did get a buff..will she be any better? Willl she be a champion worthy to r5 5*?

And yea they are used for diversity for defense. Faced a 6* duped deadpool xforce via @DoolieRay defense for
    “diversity defense”
    Thats where he will be used for.