**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Witness the Great Revival! Act 6 Chapter 1 - Coming March 13th

Comments

• Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    myPUNCAKE said:

I’m not sure if this has been answered yet, but is Act 6 the end of all story mode content or just this “elder wars story” in story mode? Seeing as contest of champions is an endless game of grinding to the top I’m assuming more static content will be added

They haven't said but 100% it's the end of this story arc and there will be a new Act.
  • Options
    Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    I’m not complaining because I prob won’t do act 6 straight away, like I didn’t with act 5 but I got it done eventually. Although I would think restricting act 6 to 5 and 6* is abit silly since the content is obviously going to be hard, using 4* is just going to make it more challenging which is why I don’t understand this decision. I’d say if your gonna restrict make it to 4,5 and 6*.
  • Options
    Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Restrictions are just a bad thing to do tbh
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★

To pe perfectly fair, they HAVE eluded to this in creating Champion Requirements, and have stated that more restrictions would surface in the future.

That doesn't make it a good decision. And this decision doesn't really hurt me. I'd just like to hear the reasoning behind it.
    Fair enough. I'm just saying it because I remembered the tie-in. I don't know the reasoning, but I wouldn't necessarily call it a bad decision. Requirements aren't really new.
  • Options
    BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★

To pe perfectly fair, they HAVE eluded to this in creating Champion Requirements, and have stated that more restrictions would surface in the future.

Locking 4*’s out of act 6 entirely is a HUGE step up from eluding to future champion restrictions, when the only ones we had seen were class based and being forced to use LOWER tier champs.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★

Locking 4*’s out of act 6 entirely is a HUGE step up from eluding to future champion restrictions, when the only ones we had seen were class based and being forced to use LOWER tier champs.
    You're entitled to your opinion on that, but those restrictions don't make a difference. A roadblock is a roadblock. We've seen it all the way back to the Spider-Man Path. We even have an Event on now that's similar. It's all the same thing.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Kabam DK said:

CHAMPION REQUIREMENTS
    Act 6 is some of the most challenging content to date, and the perils within require only the strongest Champions of The Contest. Chapter 1 will contain CHAMPION REQUIREMENTS that will restrict the Champions you use to ONLY 5 and 6-Star Champions.

Act 6.1 requiring 5* and 6* champions could've been done a variety of reasons. Preventing players with lesser rosters from paying MCOC mercenaries or friends to pilot their account for Act 6.1 rewards, for example. Other examples could be the developers designed aspects of Act 6.1 with the intent to see how the 5* and 6* pools manage new nodes. Based on the data players give maybe we'll get future content (Act 6.2, new Variant, new special Maze like challenges) that restricts champion use to 3*s or 4*s for certain fights or even certain paths.

No doubt some players whose skill exceeds their rosters will temporarily miss out on being able fully experience Act 6.1. However, this content is permanent, and 99%+ of legends runs will be done by players max 5*/6* r2 champions like Corvus, Domino, Ghost, and max 5* champions like Sparky, Blade, and Omega Red. Furthermore, completing difficult content with questing teams that don't include synergy champions on the bench is a great way to improve MCOC skills. IMO the extent of potential positives of Act 6.1 requiring 5*s and 6*s outweigh the extent of potential negatives, at least from the current state of forum comments on this topic.
  • Options

That doesn't make it a good decision. And this decision doesn't really hurt me. I'd just like to hear the reasoning behind it.
    Fair enough. I'm just saying it because I remembered the tie-in. I don't know the reasoning, but I wouldn't necessarily call it a bad decision. Requirements aren't really new.
    I'm calling it a bad decision until I hear an explanation that convinces me otherwise. Willing to be convinced but dropping this note with no explanation doesn't sit well.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

You guys claim there were beta testers, yet went forward with only requiring 5 and 6* champs? Cool, then because I wasn’t lucky enough to open a 5* stark spidey, Or Domino, I would like you to gift me them. I used those 2 as examples because I have them as 4*s, and use them........ all the damn time for questing. And your beta testers failed on telling you the rewards were good too..... Pretty crappy rewards for content we all know is going to be stupid.

To the best of my knowledge, beta testers for new content (as opposed to early access previews of new announcements of changes) have never been told what the rewards for that content are going to be. That's not relevant to the kind of testing of the content Kabam requests.
  • Options
    edited March 2019

A single stroke they've eliminated 90% of their player-base's synergies.
    That's really what it comes down to for me. Let's assume you and I have very similar teams. We both have deep rosters. But there is one champ that makes it much easier with synergy. You have a 5* synergy champ you aren't going to actually use. I have a 4* synergy champ I'm not going to actually use. What sense does it make that you have an easier time because you happened to get the 5* version? Also what about people that could do this quest with 4*s and don't have the 5* roster? When did the endgame become RNG crystal luck? And why shouldn't we be able to run permanent content down the road with low teams for practice, fun or whatever? Not feeling it.
  • Options
    ManchaSolarManchaSolar Posts: 3
    ❎👤🤝🏻👩🏼‍🚀🌟💫
  • Options

You guys claim there were beta testers, yet went forward with only requiring 5 and 6* champs? Cool, then because I wasn’t lucky enough to open a 5* stark spidey, Or Domino, I would like you to gift me them. I used those 2 as examples because I have them as 4*s, and use them........ all the damn time for questing. And your beta testers failed on telling you the rewards were good too..... Pretty crappy rewards for content we all know is going to be stupid.

Look at the rewards for chapter 1 of every part of story and then decide if these are bad rewards. Keep in mind that when act 4.1 came out it was end game, and so was 5.1. The rewards are honestly fine
  • Options
    JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 789 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    I highly encourage the game team to rethink the champion requirements. Players had to invest in 4*s to progress, and it makes no sense to spend years selling the community 4* rank up materials for cash, then prohibit their use. I cannot see this being well-received.
  • Options
    Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    There should be no element of crystal luck involved in story content, you should be able to pay your way through using 4* if that’s the route you want to take, not simplly just waiting around for that’s elusive 5* to drop from a crystal.

I should be able to have my 5/6* locked away in AQ/AW and use my 4* to handle the “easier” paths if I so choose.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

As with @LeNoirFaineant , if they give us an explanation that actually makes sense, ok. But for now, every imaginable explanation is outweighed by its counter argument.

I wouldn't hold my breath. There isn't some super secret game design reason for this that would convince anyone, because it is a question of design value. It is a progress gate. If you believe in progress gates, and you believe this one is reasonable, then this won't bother you. If you don't believe in them or don't believe this one is reasonable, I don't think it is likely the devs have any way to persuade you to change your mind, and I don't think the converse is likely either.

I accept it, but I also wouldn't cry much tears if the playerbase somehow gets the decision overturned. I'm just not betting on it, at least in the short term.
  • Options
    Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    Kabam DK said:

In a new turn of events, we’ll also be featuring a Legends Run for all Chapters of Act 6, and a special Act Legends Reward throughout the release of Act 6! The top times for each Chapter’s Legends will be collected, and awarded with a new Champion never before owned by any Summoner!

is this new Champion never before owned a 6* champ?

This Champion has never been obtainable at any Rarity whatsoever
    I understand it’s an entirely new champ at all star ratings. My question is “will” the legend winners receive a 6* or will it be a 5* (or something else)?
  • Options
    Tommy3374Tommy3374 Posts: 5
    Some people (not myself though) like the challenge of tearing through really hard content with lower ranked champs. That requirement kind of surprises me? What’s the thought process? Buy more champs?? Hmmmm?
  • Options
    BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

As with @LeNoirFaineant , if they give us an explanation that actually makes sense, ok. But for now, every imaginable explanation is outweighed by its counter argument.

I wouldn't hold my breath. There isn't some super secret game design reason for this that would convince anyone, because it is a question of design value. It is a progress gate. If you believe in progress gates, and you believe this one is reasonable, then this won't bother you. If you don't believe in them or don't believe this one is reasonable, I don't think it is likely the devs have any way to persuade you to change your mind, and I don't think the converse is likely either.

I accept it, but I also wouldn't cry much tears if the playerbase somehow gets the decision overturned. I'm just not betting on it, at least in the short term.
    Don’t worry, I’m not holding my breath. I think it’s unwise and will create more negativity, but all of my salt is by proxy. I’m just here advocating for others.