Compensation for the Issues that we experienced on November 8th and the rewards that were unable to be claimed due to those issues are being sent out via in-game mail on November 15. Alliance War season rewards will be sent out on approximately November 20. Leaving your Alliance prior to this will result in missing out on your season rewards.

Witness the Great Revival! Act 6 Chapter 1 - Coming March 13th

Comments

• Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 572 ★★★
    Bidzy7 said:

Bidzy7 said:

Bidzy7 said:

AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

Awfully silent here.

A little too much over-reaction in the first place? 😂😂

Nope, still angry. Even more so when I was able to play it. How long will it take to get all of the champions needed for exploration? Several years as I refuse to spend any more money on the game due to them ignoring & angering the community on 3 different topics in the last week! I believe I could fully explore it with my 4* champions, and one suggestion made by several other people before was quite good there: Keep the restrictions for the initial run if you really have to, but allow Cavaliers (which you can track) to use 4* champions in Act 6.1 afterwards. They can easily take on every single opponent, Kabam just wants to restrict our utility so that we spend more money on FGMCs. But guess what: I´m done with that!
    However: You, xNig, have prooven something: You are a troll, you want the community to be angry. You want us to rant about a topic. Otherwise, you would be happy that people are getting silent, but no: You basically demand us to come back and write down out opinion about the restrictions.
    Well, from the sharp decline of angry posts once 6.1 was released, I was wondering whether the bulk of people who were posting angrily here felt that they have over reacted in the first place.

If you have read my previous posts, I have been telling everyone to look at the rationale behind Kabam’s reasoning, chill, and comment AFTER the act drops, not before.
    Yeah, I have commented after Act 6.1 dropped. And I´m still angry. So, what? I still don´t see any reason why we cannot bring in 4* champions apart from making money
    You might wanna read Midknight007's post above.

Being angry solves nothing. If you still don't see any reason, look back at all the posts that arguments and rationales were put forth and think, without being so blindsided by your rage.
    I have read it. Just because I don´t comment on something doesn´t mean I don´t read it.

There are no reasons why 4*s are banned from Act 6. If there were any reasons, this discussion would not have over 70 pages!
    Actually, there are reasons... you are unwilling to accept them.

There is a huge difference. Unfortunately, it is borderline ignorance on your behalf. I am using the correct term too, as you are ignoring Kabam’s response on any and all levels. They made it 100% clear, but 90% of the 70 pages are “I can’t use this 4* or that 4*” or “I ranked this 4* or that 4*”. Those choices were on existing content and AQ/AW. This is new content with a different perspective that does fit with your previous style of gameplay.

Instead of adjust and working towards something, which I have since the release of 6*’s... you simply want Kabam to change to your old-style play of relying on 4*. Kabam stated when they released Gwenpool Goes to the Movie that they were seeing people bring the same champs. They also stated with Variant they placed restrictions on chapters to highlight champs people do not use often and have viable alternatives to nodes.

It should have come as no surprise that a restriction might go the opposite way and restrict lower rarity champs. This forces players to either wait or look for alternatives within their current roster.

I have a ton of possible counters to several paths and I only have 85 5*’s (most being 2015 and 2016). The thing I am concerned about is 6* gates. I only have 11... I am in a Gold 1 alliance (though we might place in Gold 2 due to what tanking may have done to the tilts this time around) and I don’t spend like COW. The 6* restriction is the one we should be worried about, especially if they stagger a class restriction on the mission.
    You serious ?

first off 85 5*’s and 11 6* and you spend money on the game. Of course you understand where the f2p players are coming from. All us measly pheasants who have to grind are lucky if we even have half of that roster.
    You don't care for the restriction because it has very little affect on you, maybe it might of caused a slight annoyance because you lost a synergy or two, but seriously. Then in the same post you are berating people because they want to use their 4* you state they should of seen it coming and changed their game play, you say you are worried about the 6* restriction. Why are you worried because you only got 11 ? The restrictions and possible match ups mean you won't have counters ? well dam maybe you should change your style of play and stop relying on 5*

I have been playing for over 4 years and most 4*’s I won via arena, not spending... please check your facts before you comment. F2P could have about the same roster if they grinded arena. Most of my shards come from dups.

Do I spend on the game, yes... but No where near what you assume. And there is no written rule that F2P need have the same roster. Don’t forget, the spenders are the ones that keep your F2P experience going. And that is a fact.
    that's great but 6* was introduced last year. Uncollected introduced last year.
    don't really care about 4* you won as i never mentioned them. so irrelevant to mention them.
    what facts do i need to check ? i used exactly what you said in my post. Did i make something up ?

I didn't assume or insinuate you spent loads, i simply stated you're a spender which you mentioned. You are the one who threw in the comparison with COW so the fact you did implies that you must spend a reasonable amount, or at least enough to mention you spend on the game. even those that say they are F2P have probably spent $5 or $10 on the game over the years they been playing, but wouldn't consider themselves a spender.

Where did i bemoan that spenders shouldn't be allowed to have better rosters and we must have the same rosters. Everyone knows you pay to get ahead or speed up stuff, but everything is still accessible to you as a f2p you just have to work/grind for it.

You honestly think a f2p who doesn't earn his living by playing the game and making YouTube videos can match your roster ? OK THEN :expressionless:

Did i say anything against people spending for you to mention that last sentence ? No
    Maybe you should remember that it isn't just the spenders who keep the game going. If the game can not keep the f2p engaged then they have no reason to continue and then the community dies and then the spenders go find another game. It is a balance of keeping all parties happy and engaged that determine the longevity of a game.

You bemoaned when you said this, “Of course you understand where the f2p players are coming from. All us measly pheasants who have to grind are lucky if we even have half of that roster.“

The assumption is clear as day on your behalf. Check yourself again.

I grinded hours for almost all my 4*’s. Three years in basic arena grinding. And every dup feed into my 5* shards. Even Prof Hoff speaks of how to grind 5* shards for free. However, I started over 4 years, so I know the grind and time it takes to build a roster.

So, yes this comment of yours is a huge assumption that I don’t know the work it takes.
    fair enough i did assume you have never grinded so don't know that struggle. so i apologize on that.

But to suggest a person who is not making youtube videos from playing the game as a living to match your roster as a f2p is still ridiculous.

easy to tell people to adapt and get on with it when you are speaking from your position.
    It is all good. I was not saying F2P need to match my roster... but that it takes time to develop one. My post about 85 5* also included that most are from 2015-2016 (and most are non-God Tier) champs. I have had some lucky pulls (Spark, GR unduped, Iceman unduped)... but I have lots of uncoveted champs (many of them duped). Hawkeye (great power drain and bleed), original BP (max sig naturally - pulled 6 times in my first 8 5* gems ever), Storm, Howard, Venompool, Netflix DD, Iron Fist....

I have more “duds” according to charts and popular opinion. I have some great champs too.

It is one of the reasons I asked Miike if we can get the old featured crystals with a 20% chance at a 5* champ. It would be nice to have a basic 5* arena and maybe introduce a 6* arena. Increase milestone awards and rewards in general (expand 5* to include top 800 and increase the 5* and 6* shards).

This is needed especially with the 6* gates (especially if the stagger class restrictions).
  • Arham1Arham1 Posts: 235

How do I block you?

Go to full site and option where you edit your profile image, you can put him in the Ignore list located at the bottom of the menu.
  • MikeHockMikeHock Posts: 1,433 ★★★★

MikeHock said:

I can give real examples of how 4* restrictions will cause me to suffer, since the node list has been published on reddit:
    -Biohazard, Safeguard gwenpool. My 4* iceman would melt her, but now I gotta resort to using a r2 5* nebula, my only double immune 5* (yes I know this is possible with a bleed immune but I don’t wanna throw units at it with no retreat and safeguard up)
    - Aggression Regeneration Omega red- usually my 4* vision would have this no problem, as spores stack up on him slowly. No retreat means I can’t completely avoid spore damage, so I will be throwing units at this one.
    - Tenacity killmonger- this killmonger has a 70% chance to shrug debuffs, and when he does, he regens 4% health. However, this only works when his armour is active, and this would be no problem to deal with if not for no retreat. So I gotta use my 4* medusa right? Nope.

Other examples where I luckily have the specific counter:
    -evading moon knight, I have a 5*r4 archangel
    -fire of hades Mephisto, I have a 5*r4 quake
    - sabertooth boss, again I have archangel, but anyone without a good high level heal block champ as a 5* will struggle

This is why people are complaining about the lack of 4*s. Im sure there are other examples I missed, and a lot of people will have to spend a lot more units or grind a lot more arena/buy fgmcs to get past these fights, when a 4* could have just been used. And this list is just 6.1.1, forget the rest of the chapter (I’m looking at those ultron and sentinel bosses that 4* Medusa probably could of shut down).

Here is the thing about your post, while you have a 4* counter for each of these that are “God Tier” and more preferred, there are tons of other champs that could counter every one of the champs you listed.

One thing is you only have Nebula at R2, that was your choice to keep her at R2. While Kabam did not give advance warning of the 4* restriction, it was obvious with the release of 6* that 4*’s were the new 3*’s. You relied on 4*’s due to personal choice, as it didn’t require arena grinding for 5* shards.

There are many like me that spent the last year bringing 5*’s and focused on ranking 5*’s. The writing was on the wall that 4* days were numbered in AW and for the game. My only concerns are the 6* gates. They have not been out long enough to even consider a gate of that magnitude.

I already finished completion of 6.1 (not exploration) with my 5* roster of Blade, Spark, Magik, Omega Red and Corvus. In fact, Corvus was my main character despite not being a great counter for most of the nodes. The only issue I will have is not being able to 100% with my current roster. So, I will have to wait.

Most of the complaints on 4* bans are from people who are extremely impatient. They want to clear everything the day it is released. Like LOL and Variant, not everything is meant to be cleared immediately. Kabam has been stating that. Sure, you can still attempt it, but it will cost you money. That is a personal choice. Most people have enough champs to do 1 run of chapter 1. 100% will take a very diverse roster. Now you know to focus on 5* ranking (which you should have been for the past year).

You simply were ranking on current content and not paying attention to how the game was expanding. Kabam hinted at gates and * restriction with Gwenpool Goes to the Movie. It was 100% unexpected that eventually they may do this. They want to slow down progression instead of 20-30% of the player base completing content within days and demanding more while complaining they are bored. Now they have something to challenge them and to build towards.
    “Most of the complaints on 4* bans are from people who are extremely impatient.”

Oh really? What a ridiculous blanket statement. I am not going to pretend to speak for others , but I just want to use the heroes I’ve earned.
    You can call it ridiculous, but it is a true statement... And you are not guaranteed to use any specific champ on all content. If the restriction was on existing content your moaning would be more valid. People complained on restrictions on 5* arenas when they first released.

This is new content with a new focus. It is intended (like Variant) to use other champs outside of your coveted “god tier” or wait until you have said champs. Don’t blame me because your are either impatient or unskilled to use other champs that are less coveted but can do the job.

Most of the global nodes can be beat with adjusting play style. Even Korg can be beat with Original BP. Yes, there are specific champs that make content easier, but Kabam has been trying to challenge players (especially end game). They have stated they wanted people to use a more diverse roster instead of relying on a coveted few.

It was the reason they added diversity in AW, added global nodes like bleed immune... you thought that was only for AW? It was regarding the Contest as a whole. Based on their announcement, Chapter 6 is the end of this specific story mode, and they are using the ante and trying to make it last and be a challenge.

And just because you earned something doesn’t mean you can use it whenever and where ever you want. Kabam has made it clear, and frankly their intent on restrictions has been event if you read the release notes of content and adjustments to AW or the past year.

Anyway, cheers and enjoy.
    “You can call it ridiculous, but it is a true statement..”

Get back to me when you have evidence to back up such a ridiculous claim .

Regards.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,482 ★★★★★
    Dshu said:

I said many, many pages before. When all reasoning fails, look to the Rewards. Look at some of the drop results. If you're giving access to Crystals with those rates to Rosters that aren't far enough along, you're upsetting the balance of game play itself. It doesn't matter if people below a certain point CAN do it. It's about balance among progression levels.
    People probably won't like it, but no one likes being excluded from something. Doesn't mean it's not necessary.

The drop rate just adds a 1% chance at a 6* why you feel the need to keep lecturing people on content you still are nowhere near entering is just a cry for attention. When you get to the point in the game where you are capable of entering act 6 feel free to throw in your two cents until then keep worrying about arena fights being too hard
    I'm sorry, did I lecture anyone?
    You get a 1% chance at a 6*, a larger chance at a 5*, in half the time as the Grandmaster Crystal. As we've seen from the results shared, it's quite an accelerated access. There are reasons it's only available for a certain demographic.
    As I told you in my Thread on it, I was not complaining about the difficulty of the Arena, but you didn't hear that. I have been a Grinder since I started, with over 80k PVP Wins. I can handle the Arena. I asked why the Matches were coming up all Hard Level in the Infinite, instead of the usual Medium with a few Hard. Nowhere did I say it was too hard, or I couldn't handle it. That's the problem with following one's own narrative. Reasoning is seldom heard.
  • zeezee57zeezee57 Posts: 1,984 ★★★★
    edited March 15

I said many, many pages before. When all reasoning fails, look to the Rewards. Look at some of the drop results. If you're giving access to Crystals with those rates to Rosters that aren't far enough along, you're upsetting the balance of game play itself. It doesn't matter if people below a certain point CAN do it. It's about balance among progression levels.
    People probably won't like it, but no one likes being excluded from something. Doesn't mean it's not necessary.

Sorry but you're so ignorant about practically everything that it's downright laughable. Since it's all about balance now please explain one thing, just one. Where was all this concern for balance during the gifting event? Seriously, anyone who spent enough money to stack thousands of those greater gifting crystals (looking your way as the prime example COW) has damn near infinite resources to get new champs from all the shards, rank, level, awaken, add sig levels, etc (whatever else came in those crystals) and the only requirement was spend a ton of cash.

Sooooo, balanced? Please tell me more about how defeating content to earn rewards with the roster you've built would just destroy the balance of the game for good, but dropping boat loads of cash to advance your roster potentially years ahead is totally balanced.

Edit: I had the Cavalier title within 24 hours of release, so please save me all the nonsense you're about to spout about how i just don't like being excluded and am just upset that my roster isn't ready yet. And I've got all 3* from my cavalier crystals so far and got 5* Groot with the shards from completion, too bad for balance since i just vaulted to the top with these rewards.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 3,714 ★★★★★
    How will balance of the game be affected? It’s not as though the Cavalier crystals give infinite number of rank up materials to bring your 5/6*s up to R5/R3.

If you have 6 6*s and 5 R4s, compared to a guy who has 100 6*s, both you and him are still only able to bring 3 for AW Attack, 5 for AW Defence and 3 for AQ.

What upsets the balance of the game isn’t the breadth of rosters when the champs obtainable aren’t of the maxed available rank, but rank up materials.

Just imagine what would happen if Kabam releases a Cavalier Resource Crystal that is only purchasable not obtainable, and grants T2A and T5B.
  • RodsteinRodstein Posts: 205
    So by now the general consensus is that 4* bc of their synergies would make this way easier and less frustrating, so @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious when are we expected to see the 4* ban removed?
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,375 ★★★
    AndiYTDE said:

Rodstein said:

So by now the general consensus is that 4* bc of their synergies would make this way easier and less frustrating, so @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious when are we expected to see the 4* ban removed?

We are not going to change the requirements for Act 6 Ch 1.
    It that case you can use the feedback of the community and remove restrictions for Act 6.2-6.4. Nobody liked the decision, there were people who did not care, but nobody said "I think they are great! I´m happy that I cannot use my 4* champions!"
    After my completion run through act 6.1
    Im personally glad I didnt have the option to use 4*s as in many cases they would have just been mostly useless. The only reason anyone wants 4*s for act 6 is for synergies.

Rodstein said:

We are not going to change the requirements for Act 6 Ch 1.
    Being this out of question, as welm dropping the price of 5* shards and not making them really available given the 100+ basic pools, what about 10k shards 5* crystals that contain all of one class champions, at least the odds would be better for the not so easy to obtain 5* champs, still you would be able to give us those meme champs equally distributed
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 512 ★★★
    Kabam needs to listen to this CCP vid, really tells it how it is about Act 6, and other stuff.

Really, amazing vid!

• FrankYoungFrankYoung Posts: 9
    @GroundedWisdom why are you consistently bombarding our fellow community members, they have a right to like or not like anything they see fit...I’m sure if they play the game they already have a good understanding on how to gain champs, play arenas, rank champs up...trying to be helpful in explaining stuff that they already know can cause trouble or backlash. Everyone already knows what the deal is and what is going on, love it or hate it...it is what it is now. I’m sure we will all get use to the change over time and adjust. Like the Beatles song said “just let it be” no sense in kicking around the same ball for weeks on end. Have love and respect for your fellow community...everyone has a mind, thoughts and feelings, everyone is different...please remember that.
    Just venting and being heard can sometimes can help people through a bad situation.
    Funny story.

Yesterday I got my paycheck from my boss after a month's hard work, took that pay and some savings and went to buy an electronic cigarette to work on my smoking addiction since I'm visiting my parents this weekend and they don't allow smoking in their house.

So today I went to the airport and as I was boarding the flight, the guys checking the bags found my e-cigarette and told me that I could not bring it into the airplane because it was not allowed.

Needless to say, I was furious.. Here's the conversation that followed after that.

Me: "I bought that e-cig from my pay that I EARNED and saved for MONTHS! Why can't I bring it?"

Security (S): "Sorry. You can't."

Me: "But I am a heavy smoker and I will not be able to survive the long journey and clear the trip without using it."

Security (S): "Then I'd suggest you reduce your reliance on them or get a few transit flights in between to make the journey shorter."

edited March 15
    @xNig unless the same airport securoiy was the 1st to introduce you to said addiction, i dont see relevance
  • RaikisRaikis Posts: 139
    I need more 5*. Can you please make an discount on Unstoppable Colosus like 20%? :))))

@GroundedWisdom why are you consistently bombarding our fellow community members, they have a right to like or not like anything they see fit...I’m sure if they play the game they already have a good understanding on how to gain champs, play arenas, rank champs up...trying to be helpful in explaining stuff that they already know can cause trouble or backlash. Everyone already knows what the deal is and what is going on, love it or hate it...it is what it is now. I’m sure we will all get use to the change over time and adjust. Like the Beatles song said “just let it be” no sense in kicking around the same ball for weeks on end. Have love and respect for your fellow community...everyone has a mind, thoughts and feelings, everyone is different...please remember that.

I'm not bombarding anyone. The majority of my comments have been to people who are addressing my comments. Many of which are not-so-pleasant, but I look past that and stick to the topic. I am not stopping anyone from expressing their feelings. I never have. In fact, I've been consistent with not debating how people feel. Everyone has the right to be heard, and the right to their feelings.
    Feelings are not the same as making demands and assumptions, ignoring the information, and claiming things that are not there. When someone replies to me with those things, I'm going to address them.
    Throughout this Thread, people have been asking, demanding, debating: "Why?". They say there hasn't been one good reason given to have the gate. There has been a whole slew of illogical claims amidst the actual responses. That is what I'm adding clarity on, the reasons behind having the gate. Both based on the information provided and my own understanding. Simply put, people can't say there are no reasons for it when the answers are staring them in the face. Those may not be answers people like to hear, but to brush off those reasons negates the claim that there is no reason to have the gate.
    People are free to express their feelings on it. If they don't like it, they don't like it. I would never debate how they feel.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 8,663 Guardian
    AndiYTDE said:

nobody said "I think they are great! I´m happy that I cannot use my 4* champions!"

In general, no one tends to say they like restrictions: if they like them, they aren't really restrictions. But I recognize the fact that restrictions on gameplay is what makes gameplay interesting, and unlimited freedom tends to make gameplay uninteresting.

I'm constantly driven to try to get more champions and build a stronger roster. That means I'm always looking for ways to earn more shards, more crystals, and open crystals more efficiently (that was part of the point of my featured crystal experiment, for example). But I also recognize this all depends crucially on those things being hard to get in the first place. I don't want a game in which it is easy to get any champ you want, because that then makes the game pointless to me.

So I don't *like* restrictions, but I also know that restrictions are necessary for the game to be both fun for me, and for the game to exist at all at any scale. Individual people will disagree about which restrictions are more or less acceptable, but that doesn't change the fact that whether they "like" them or not, they all benefit from them.

I'm not happy that I can't use my 4* champs. But I'm not angry or sad about it either. I'm driven to overcome that limitation, and get to the next stage of the game. I've stated my position on the restriction several times in a nuanced fashion, but if the only two choices some people recognize is "I love it" and "I hate it" then you have to pencil me into the "I love it" category. I don't, but the other category doesn't represent what I believe to an even worse degree.
    edited March 15
    @FrankYoung i think 99.99% of us understand the fact that it hasnt been really justified, therefore makes no sense to engage with that 1% who will always deny the truth, i do agree there has been no real explanation other than "we want to", bc the trying to avoid frustration justification has already been proven wrong, synergies that most of us only have as 4* would have been a great way to avoid said frustration
    @Rodstein I agree with ya a 100% bud, I’m in the same boat and understand 😉
    edited March 15
    Rodstein said:

@xNig unless the same airport securoiy was the 1st to introduce you to said addiction, i dont see relevance

I doubt it’ll make any difference in result even if the said airport security were your childhood friend of 40 years.

Anyway it’s just weird that the community across all roster and skill level wants to participate in end game content discussion. Lol (I mean.. even Kabam knows to invite only the top 800 alliances into their AW Beta Test.)
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 8,663 Guardian
    xNig said:

Me: "I bought that e-cig from my pay that I EARNED and saved for MONTHS!

The moral of this story appears to be: smoking is now pay2win.
    DNA3000 said:

xNig said:

Me: "I bought that e-cig from my pay that I EARNED and saved for MONTHS!

The moral of this story appears to be: smoking is now pay2win.
    This just killed me. XD