**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Alliance Quest Season 6 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    So does the new AQ start when the next update comes out in June? If so that will be one less avenue to get Tier 4 Basic via the glory store. I literally need four more Tier 4 Basic and then can rank up my 4* Hulk to Rank 5.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,349 Guardian
    I assume AQ is continuing to run on schedule every 8 days. Just than at sometime in June it will switch over to the new style. It's not gonna go on hiatus until then.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,169 ★★★★★
    Ultra8529 said:

Before this becomes more quasi-personal, yes. It's been changed, and made more challenging. The Rewards have increased as well. The part I do not agree with is your statement that it's beyond what people are capable of. These improvements are made with a combination of feedback and data. Map 6 has been around for years now, and the part that I'm trying to bring home which is not getting through, is that the game has grown as well. Pretty much everything changes and grows, save for aspects like Storymode (which has also been reexamined), and ROL/LOL. The game has evolved and will continue to evolve.
    If people were trapped into going through the Maps, there might be some credence to the thought that they're just victims to unfair changes. However, there are a whole host of variables. We choose what Map we run. We continually improve our Rosters and strategies. We have newer Champs with newer Abilities. We grow along with the game. There is a great deal not being accounted for in saying it's too much. It's not too much for everyone running it. There's a lack of introspect.

You are jumping through too many hoops all at once. Let's take things 1 step at a time.

So as you have accepted that Map 6 today is harder than it was a year ago, even accounting for roster progression, the next issue we need to consider is whether that is desirable.

Your suggestion that rewards have improved is not an answer because rewards have improved only at a pace consistent with (if not slower than) roster progression, whereas difficulty has outpaced roster progression. I am not quarelling with your suggestion that maps should be revamped to be more challenging, my point is that it should not be overtuned to outpace roster progression (which it has).

More fundamentally, we need to ask why was there a need to make Map 6's difficulty outpace roster progression when we have Map 7 for that very purpose. If you want a next step up in difficulty, go to Map 7.
    Desirable? Necessary. The game is not what it was a year ago, nor two, nor three. Things change and need to be refreshed, updated, and equipped to meet growing skills and Rosters. It's 100% necessary.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★

Does anybody get it?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,169 ★★★★★
    raffster said:

Kabam DK said:

Jestress said:

Really displeased with the increase in difficulty, new nodes, etc and the fact that Map 5 and 6 receive no new rewards except T4B and T4CC, which players at that level have little need for. "Saving the big rewards update for later" is great, but I don't think it's right to increase difficulty and not ramp up rewards simultaneously.

We haven't revealed all the changes to Ranked Rewards, but every single rank will see an increase in rewards, with the exception of the 2 lowest ranks (below Rank 21001). If you're playing Map 5 or 6, you can expect a bump to the Tier 2 Alpha and Tier 5 Basic Fragments you receive. More details on how much of a bump that will be is something we'll talk about soon, but for this particular update, our focus is on getting mid to low level players the resources they need most, hence our focus on that in the post.
    Mid to low level players should be the least priority to any upcoming changes in the contest. Everyone else in the high level content paid their dues to get where we're currently at. To give newcomers and low level players special consideration is an insult to those who didn't have these resources when we were once upon a time had to endure entry, low to mid level content without these "new" rewards being given the new players.

There should be a significant boost in Map 5 rewards since the vast majority of players are probably here.
    Sorry, that's not how it works. The system contains all levels of Players. Balancing has to do with looking at all areas. You don't just ignore Mid-Level or Beginners because the Top has been here longer. Rewards are linked to progress needs and if you were actually playing a comparison game, it's the lower end that requires more progress to start out. Not people much further along. However, that's not what happens, and I'd be incredibly alarmed if that type of approach was the focus. The entire system is looked at as a whole with a pace of progression. I don't debate that areas need attention, I just disagree that the Top has to come first because they've been here longer. That kind of mentality would end the game in a heartbeat because no one would progress, and the Top would be unachievable. It's not a competition of who matters more. It's a balancing of the game and Rewards structure within the current Meta.
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    that Spite, Emphatic Lock, Oscillate Hype with a 3 minute timer and the new defensive AI looks like a lot of fun >.>

• Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    zeezee57 said:

Imagine how these threads would run if everyone just stopped spinning in circles with the usual suspects. I'm plenty guilty of it myself, but there's no convincing someone with logical when their position is made up long before the topic even comes out. If tomorrow Kabam announced 30 minute timers, we'd hear how amazing they are and that it's been the plan all along. Half of this entire thread is one person repeating nonsense over and over and over again. What would these people do with their lives if nobody replied to them anymore 😂.

Yeah its the same in pretty much any topic that spans several pages. I had enough especially since they derailed a discussion, although it was partly my fault too for not ignoring it and reacting to it. I simply used the ignore feature of the forums and added them to it.

But yeah the increase to rewards at every rank is nice. Based on the AW season 10 announcement and this I would imagine alot more alliances focusing more on AQ next season
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    edited May 2019
    I really hope that some of these new nodes for AQ and AW you are including in the upcoming UC EQ. It would be nice to have an environment to test them some versus jumping into AQ/AW and not fully knowing all limitations / counters

Given more and more nodes are have this counter or you are effectively stuck be nice to just know list of counters besides some tips you gave. Your tips don’t always factor in defender / other nodes. For example I think you recommend DrV for acid wash. For the Red Skull on that path are you going to remove the 95% mystic warding? You bring up the empowered healing or whatever path can be tricky... ya probably because you put spectre on it too to reverse heal us when trying to heal in various spots of fights (and does reverse heal cause opponent to heal haha)
  • Sieger7999Sieger7999 Posts: 48
    I am an officer in an ally that has the skill to run map6 but not the time due to being spread over the world, so we just sit and do map5. If the timers are reduced we are more likely to at least run a few days of Map6 and therefore use more resources
  • GymRatMarcoGymRatMarco Posts: 8
    If you could replace the Sentinels with the Outriders and mini bosses with the Children of Thanos that would be so awesome!!!
  • sup dudes
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,365 ★★★★★
    I don’t understand @Kabam Miike how can Map 2 and Map 5 be the most played, but the rewards are relatively the same. If anything, you might have increased the difficulty of map 5 but did not have an increase in rewards. Why is that?
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    can someone show me the change in cost for items it looks the same to me or am I missing something ???
  • FactorQFactorQ Posts: 110
    edited May 2019

This is really unfair. Rank 4201+ gets 30000 full T4B? :P
  • zeustarzeustar Posts: 67
    @Kabam Miike I don't notice any update for Glroy store item cost or the value given out on purchasing T2A fragments and T5B Fragments for example. Everything seems to be the same as it is right now. Anyone Correct me if I'm wrong
  • JahVinci1982JahVinci1982 Posts: 48
    Why no improvement in rewards for Map 4, 5 or 6? Just curious in how you came to your conclusion to exclude those maps @Kabam Miike
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Kabam DK said:

V1PER1987 said:

Kabam DK said:

Jestress said:

Really displeased with the increase in difficulty, new nodes, etc and the fact that Map 5 and 6 receive no new rewards except T4B and T4CC, which players at that level have little need for. "Saving the big rewards update for later" is great, but I don't think it's right to increase difficulty and not ramp up rewards simultaneously.

We haven't revealed all the changes to Ranked Rewards, but every single rank will see an increase in rewards, with the exception of the 2 lowest ranks (below Rank 21001). If you're playing Map 5 or 6, you can expect a bump to the Tier 2 Alpha and Tier 5 Basic Fragments you receive. More details on how much of a bump that will be is something we'll talk about soon, but for this particular update, our focus is on getting mid to low level players the resources they need most, hence our focus on that in the post.
    Then give us all of the rewards when you make a post and tell us you are increasing the difficulty. I know a lot of the top 45 alliances are SUPER MAD with these changes.
    Our choice here was either to get this information out early without all of the rewards information (because that information is still being finalized) or wait until it is finalized and include it all at once, which gives players a lot less notice. In this case, we decided that it's probably best to get as much information as we have out as soon as we could.

This is why this is an early look.
    So then can you clarify the timing? Are we going to be playing the updated maps without updated rewards or is it simply that you’re waiting to finalize the updated rewards and the rewards will be added to the updated maps.
    The latter. You won't be playing the announced changes without the rewards updates, it's just that the rewards updates typically come in later than the Map changes. We didn't want to wait to finalize the reward updates before telling everyone what was happening in the Maps, since then it would have been too close to release for comfort.
    This makes perfect sense and I think people should be ok with the changes as long as the change in AQ comes with change in rewards. Thank you for this clarification and it puts my mind at ease for now.
  • zeustarzeustar Posts: 67
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious Just noticed a changed in only T4CC Frags, Glory Crystal & Greater glory crystal. Wasn't there suppose to be a change in T2A frags and I hope some in T5B frags. Please update us accordingly. Thanks
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Honestly, the reward bump pretty much sucks. You get 1000 more t2a frags, and 500 more t5b frags. Glory store update is also pretty lame... Guess I wait with high hopes for AW season reward changes.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,364 ★★★★★

More reverse controls. One day we'll have to play with the phone/tablet upside down...

That doesnt work tried on my S8 against thanos and the screen flipped to the same position before turning upside down lol
  • GamerGamer Posts: 9,894 ★★★★★

More reverse controls. One day we'll have to play with the phone/tablet upside down...

That doesnt work tried on my S8 against thanos and the screen flipped to the same position before turning upside down lol
    It work if you locked you screen