**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

She-Hulk Heavy Speed Bug Fix [Title Edited for Clarity]

Comments

• NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    Someone should make a video of that champs that can chain heavy and see if kabam fixes them as well lol
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    It has nothing to do with keeping it because it's been there too long. It has everything to do with what effect it has. There's no such thing as a bug that should be kept because it's been there too long.
    It's not a matter of picking and choosing Description over function. It's about the overall effect and intended outcome. If something is unintended or game-breaking in some way, they'll work on it. Sooner or later.
    gp87 said:

gp87 said:

Hey everybody,

We’re sorry that this update came as a surprise. The Ability to chain into a Heavy Attack from a combo is not one that is intended for any Champion, and we have never advertised it as one (except for Wasp, who has a built in short Passive stun to ensure that she is able to do it). No Champion should be able to Combo into a Heavy attack with 100% reliability, unless explicitly stated in their Ability description.

This was not something that was listed as an ability or an exception for She-Hulk. She was not built, tuned, or tested, around this unintended interaction. This was identified as an issue and resolved.

We apologize for the confusion caused by this interaction.

You change the abilities of Symbiote sumpreme right? You made it 50% because he is working like that for over a year.

Maybe is time to change the abilities of shehulk.. because is working like that for over 3 years.. make it as one of her abilities.

Right?
    No. The Description was wrong. They discussed changing him to match it, and came to the conclusion that it would be too OP.
    There are exactly the same situation: the champs did something different from their descriptions : if they want to change shehulk they must hold the 100% at ss. If they want to change it to 50% they should change the description of she hulk.
    No. It's not the same at all.
    JohnHS said:

It has nothing to do with keeping it because it's been there too long. It has everything to do with what effect it has. There's no such thing as a bug that should be kept because it's been there too long.
    It's not a matter of picking and choosing Description over function. It's about the overall effect and intended outcome. If something is unintended or game-breaking in some way, they'll work on it. Sooner or later.

It's not game-breaking. Unintended has nothing to do with it. This has been around for ever, they've known about it forever, and now they're changing it because it was a useful mechanic in many situations? That's absurd. You can do 1 heavy instead of 1 medium. Helps in avoiding parrying, thus reducing costs of questing, makes her ramp-up smoother, makes it easier to push champs to a bar of power. It's not like you can keep them heavy-locked in the corner like Doc Ock. You still have to bait specials.
    She-Hulk? Perhaps not game-breaking. SS would have been too OP at 100%. In terms of Shulk, that interaction is not intended. It bypasses functions they don't want bypassed. Really has very little to do with keeping it just because it says one thing and does another. It's about the intended interactions of Champs.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★

JohnHS said:

It's not game-breaking. Unintended has nothing to do with it. This has been around for ever, they've known about it forever, and now they're changing it because it was a useful mechanic in many situations? That's absurd. You can do 1 heavy instead of 1 medium. Helps in avoiding parrying, thus reducing costs of questing, makes her ramp-up smoother, makes it easier to push champs to a bar of power. It's not like you can keep them heavy-locked in the corner like Doc Ock. You still have to bait specials.
    She-Hulk? Perhaps not game-breaking. SS would have been too OP at 100%. In terms of Shulk, that interaction is not intended. It bypasses functions they don't want bypassed. Really has very little to do with keeping it just because it says one thing and does another. It's about the intended interactions of Champs.
    But for real shuld stil be giv rdt not matter with way you get it kabam Hav Ben unprofessionall with tel us somting and when ther dos ther don’t even won’t to get in a conversation ther just runs. From the whole problem.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    mitchy231 said:

If Kabam thinks this change is for the better good of the game, I am fine with that as an answer. Where I continue to struggle with this though is all the people who spent resources on a champ are now SOL.

Picture it like buying a BMW, then a couple months later the dealership randomly taking the engine out of it and putting in a corolla engine. Then to top it off, the dealership then tries to sell you on the idea that even though you "thought" you bought a BMW, it was not our intention to actually sell you what you thought you were getting. And then not allowing you to return or trade in the car you bought. It just does not make any sense.

That would suck, but you don't buy things in this game, you basically rent them. And as a renter, you have limited rights if the landlord decides to make changes. And you're supposed to know that and accept that if you decide to rent. If you want to buy instead of rent, you should buy games instead of renting them. If you buy a game at GameStop and the game developer changes something that you actually bought after you bought it somehow, then I think you'd have a right to complain.
    JohnHS said:

JohnHS said:

I don't give a symbiote about their intentions. It's not about the developers. It's about the players who are supposed to be able to enjoy this game without their favorite champions getting "nerfed".

Also, let's be real. This is happening because she's powerful, which costs them potions. And I know that argument is overused, but this is one case where this is true. Why didn't they fix her, or OML, or any of the other champs who can do this years ago? Because they weren't making fights easier and cheaper.
    You may not care, but their intentions are what form the game and keep it running. Considering we're coming up on 5 years, I'd say they know what they're doing.
  • mfleurymfleury Posts: 100
    DNA3000 said:

mfleury said:

I understand what you are saying but the problem is the way they handle the bugs.

If anyone wants to complain that Kabam is horrible when it comes to communicating game intent, documenting in-game abilities and mechanics, bug tracking, or documenting bug fixes, they will get no argument from me.

I don't really blame the players for complaining about these kinds of changes. I'm simply stating that players are really complaining about the wrong thing. They are actually inadvertently directing their anger towards other players, when they should be directing it at the source of the problem: the poor communication and bug management processes in the game that range from poorly maintained to completely non-existent.

There's no good way to report bugs or anomalies. You can open a ticket. Ha ha, just kidding. And you can post on the forums. But the developers don't, and can't follow the forums continuously. And to the extent that they do, they don't always spot the right things and there's no way to follow up to see if anything is being worked on or even acknowledged. As far as I'm aware, it is no one's actual responsibility to track player-reported bugs specifically. For a game of this size and complexity, that's unacceptable.
    I think I misunderstood your first comment, than. Couldn't agree more with you.
  • volrexvolrex Posts: 48
    edited August 2019
    that was a really strong part of her utility kit ,that let her the ability to consistently ramp up even against stun immune and medium champions

now with this nerf ,it's gonna make her alot harder to ramp up and pretty much maker her useless against so many fights where she shined

tbh i dont see her being much used much over some unstoppable nodes ,that even against those she not always a good counter because of nodes that deny ability accuracy reduction
This discussion has been closed.