15.0 Alliance Wars Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• VoluntarisVoluntaris Member Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    MikeHock wrote: »
    More time consuming, more demanding, push for more item use and more spending.... what is the benefit to the players?

benefit is all the money you'll spend on items, you won't be able to afford your car payment, thus you switch to bike riding to work, becoming healthier in the process! see, kabam just wants to make you healthy!
  • GodMan114GodMan114 Member Posts: 45
    I, too, like others, have detect masteries. I am hoping there is reimbursement for these, or is there another use? I see a boatload of peopple asking about detect masteries, and have not been able to find an answer.
    ARE THEY USELESS NOW? They're unncessary for AQ since we all find out what the champs are anyway. Detect masteries were useful in AW... now what?
  • MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Member Posts: 340 ★★
    edited September 2017
    GodMan114 wrote: »
    I, too, like others, have detect masteries. I am hoping there is reimbursement for these, or is there another use? I see a boatload of peopple asking about detect masteries, and have not been able to find an answer.
    ARE THEY USELESS NOW? They're unncessary for AQ since we all find out what the champs are anyway. Detect masteries were useful in AW... now what?

pretty sure i read a comment from miike stating that he has brought that to the game team and they are discussing how to handle it

edit: found the reply to a similar concern
    i9ltr4bw9jke.png
  • GodMan114GodMan114 Member Posts: 45
    @MEŦAPħҰS thanks, bud!!! 22 pages is hard to look through... I looked through for like 20 min then gave up... thanks again.
  • MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Member Posts: 340 ★★
    edited September 2017
    GodMan114 wrote: »
    @MEŦAPħҰS thanks, bud!!! 22 pages is hard to look through... I looked through for like 20 min then gave up... thanks again.

i hear ya...luckily i read through most of it yesterday amd remembered about where it was.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Member Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    I think the whole defender kill issue boils down to guys spending tons of units in war only to lose to more skilled players who spent nothing and got the win. The big spenders started sending in tickets complaining that the $100 in items each of them spent should have given them better rewards than the free to play guys who were just better skilled and organized.

There were probably a lot of request for refunds after seeing how crappy rewards were for the amount spent, especially with deals out that gave more shards for less money.

Now Kabam tries to spin it like it benefits the players, but the fact is there will always be a winner and a loser and no amount of money will ever change that and unless they make rewards equal with a small bonus crystal for the winners.

It really seams like a lazy attempt to invigorate content, and force more money to be dumped in to add diversity to defenders. They should have released all info about the changes at least a week in advance, not 24 hours if we are lucky.
  • ZappZapp Member Posts: 69
    It really doesn't matter if it was your (or the game teams for that matter) intention or not Miiike. This is going to happen. Lot's of people hardly spend any items in wars and currently this balances out with spenders because it's a risk for them to have a lot of defender kills. Sometimes you take the win anyway then and that hurts and prevents people from just winning wars with $$$.

This mechanism is essentially removed now. The only reason not to spend tons of $$$ now is that the rewards are probably not worth it, but that's not an issuie in the the top tiers. They are doing wars to win, not for the rewards.

There is a real and not unlikely scenario that you will have to max out your items EVERY TIME to win a war. You could just have made "diversity points" significant btw., forcing people to place sub par champs as defenders. That would have evened out a lot, but you choose to make this just about $$$.
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Member Posts: 442 ★★★
    I thought there were supposed to be less linked nodes. So far it looks like every node has a link. Classic Kabam, say one thing and then line their pockets. I can see why so many of my alliance mates started to call it quits. It never ends.
    @Kabam Miike I know it has been said that classes will be able to be seen now, Im wondering if you guys will be adding in the ability to see our opponent before placing. When AW first launched you could see what alliance you faced and Im hoping you bring that back so we can all not waste our time when getting the big spenders.
  • Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Member Posts: 445 ★★
    Amonthir wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike , regarding removal of defender kills in AW scoring, please confirm the following scenario: 2 alliances battle, each achieving 100% exploration. One with higher defender diversity wins, if my understanding is correct.

Now, let's extend this notion one step further. Alliance who is committed to 100% their opponents (as most top 20 war alliances do), would simply drop all possible champions on the map. It becomes irrelevant what the opponent does, as long as you 100% them and have better diversity..

Taking it even further, those alliances with players who have rare champions like Kang and Thanos would be guaranteed greater champion diversity than their opponent who do not have Thanos on anyone's roster. As such, they are guaranteed a win regardless what the opponent does (if they 100%).

Please correct me if I am wrong...

With only 50 defenders placeable, and many more champions than that in game, I don't think Thanos/Kang/OGUltron will be a sticking point on the diversity scale.

30 members placing 5 defenders each is 150 total champions.. #Math
  • Superman69Superman69 Member Posts: 534 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike , regarding removal of defender kills in AW scoring, please confirm the following scenario: 2 alliances battle, each achieving 100% exploration. One with higher defender diversity wins, if my understanding is correct.

Now, let's extend this notion one step further. Alliance who is committed to 100% their opponents (as most top 20 war alliances do), would simply drop all possible champions on the map. It becomes irrelevant what the opponent does, as long as you 100% them and have better diversity..

Taking it even further, those alliances with players who have rare champions like Kang and Thanos would be guaranteed greater champion diversity than their opponent who do not have Thanos on anyone's roster. As such, they are guaranteed a win regardless what the opponent does (if they 100%).

With only 50 defenders placeable, and many more champions than that in game, I don't think Thanos/Kang/OGUltron will be a sticking point on the diversity scale.

I think he was talking about just one BG, as diversity points would probably be calculated per BG.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Member Posts: 508 ★★★
    uargce4i3tk7.png
    So I would like to know more about the scoring system. It seems quite likely that you don't get a whole lot of points for defense. This would mean that top tier alliances who are normally getting 100% of the map anyway, could place no defense at all but still win based on attack kills. I read through the announcement again to make sure I didn't miss anything, but I didn't see anything about how points are calculated. Just that defender diversity would only be a tie breaker.
  • MillybearMillybear Member Posts: 113
    with the release of the new war tomorrow can we get the node info and the map layout with all the linked nodes and portals officially released please. It would help alliances prepare their plans and prevent that instant shock feeling...cough cough 12.0.

would appreciate if you could release:
    - map layouts for all tiers
    - local nodes for all tiers
    - outgoing links descriptions, orientation and position for all tiers
    - detailed scoring formulas (for all aspects including diversity)

Thanks.
    They never released a map with nodes on the previous war map. It was created by players. Then players developed paths, best defenders to use for different nodes, and best attackers to use for each path.
  • yellonizedyellonized Member Posts: 3
    when does AW start?
  • Kabam MiikeKabam Miike Moderator Posts: 8,269
    yellonized wrote: »
    when does AW start?

Matchmaking will be back tomorrow!
  • WorkingAsIntendedWorkingAsIntended Member Posts: 164 ★★
    edited September 2017
    Way to pick and choose to answer questions mike!!! Can you answer some real question we have been asking since 50 posts ago? That's be great
    Way to pick and choose to answer questions mike!!! Can you answer some real question we have been asking since 50 posts ago? That's be great

Yeah, nothing to see here. lol
  • HosemaniaHosemania Member Posts: 18
    The sad truth is that AW was never about skill. Alliances that pay to win, usually won but sometimes skill would win since defender kills would determine the victory and allow a skilled alliance to actually win. With the new scheme, it just shows they are taking out the victories for skilled alliances and pretty much giving it to the spending alliances. It a shame that Kabam has to do this since the alliances that spent money will no longer feel ashamed that they spent for the win. Just tell the truth since we all know why Defender kills are going away. Shame on you Kabam for continuing to make this aw event a spenders event and not a skilled event. Sad how a company can manipulate everyone into believing Defender Kills are going away for any other reason then to help a spenders confidence.
  • DD2DD2 Member Posts: 309 ★★★
    A contest is supposed to be about who's better, not about who gets more chances at trying.

Dying many times in any game and still coming out the winner against someone who is more efficient and effective takes out all the fun and makes the contest meaningless.

It's the equivalent of losing in a game because your opponent bribed the referee or because of nepotism. Two meaningless factors that have no business being in a game.
  • WorkingAsIntendedWorkingAsIntended Member Posts: 164 ★★
    The fact that they have no info and will not put any out before it is being implemented which is tomorrow (even 6*s) got more of a heads up then aw changes. Kabam beating the dead
  • AmonthirAmonthir Member Posts: 754 ★★★
    Superman69 wrote: »

I think he was talking about just one BG, as diversity points would probably be calculated per BG.

Yes, talking a single BG. But Miike, can you answer if Defender Diversity will be calculated on a per BG basis, or as a whole? If the latter, then yes, rare champs may influence matters.
    7dkf8xkjdmom.png
    Across all bgs
  • AmonthirAmonthir Member Posts: 754 ★★★
    Forget #Math, I need #Reading =p
  • DeathBringer77DeathBringer77 Member Posts: 159
    AW was and more so now is all about who can spend more. Probably 20 out of 30 in my alliance hate aw cause of this fact. It's absolutely riduclous that you can bring a 4/55 champ in and get ko'd with one or two hits. So what does kabam do about this, they add more nodes and more mini bosses. The logic here along with their logic on 6*'s is so out of touch with the player base.
  • InvisibleInvisible Member Posts: 113
    So who are those unique champs?
  • DeathBringer77DeathBringer77 Member Posts: 159
    The 24 champs no one cares about. That's who they are.
  • InvisibleInvisible Member Posts: 113
    The 24 champs no one cares about. That's who they are.

Or they are trying to say if a BG has all 50 different champs? Like no magik or Dormamu fiesta.
  • winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★
    Anonymous wrote: »
    It seems quite likely that you don't get a whole lot of points for defense. This would mean that top tier alliances who are normally getting 100% of the map anyway, could place no defense at all but still win based on attack kills. I read through the announcement again to make sure I didn't miss anything, but I didn't see anything about how points are calculated. Just that defender diversity would only be a tie breaker.

Two top tier alliance matchup. Both not placing defenders. B)

winterthur wrote: »
    Anonymous wrote: »
    It seems quite likely that you don't get a whole lot of points for defense. This would mean that top tier alliances who are normally getting 100% of the map anyway, could place no defense at all but still win based on attack kills. I read through the announcement again to make sure I didn't miss anything, but I didn't see anything about how points are calculated. Just that defender diversity would only be a tie breaker.

Two top tier alliance matchup. Both not placing defenders. B)

Ends in a tie lol
This discussion has been closed.