15.0 Alliance Wars Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• AcanthusAcanthus Member Posts: 447 ★★★
    vikky89 wrote: »
    Kdog76 wrote: »
    No comment from the mods for days is our answer folks. The "game team" made up their minds apparently. There's No feedback from players being taken into consideration here and the patented silence treatment from kabam means choke this one down and play or move on unfortunately.

Get your regen champs up to rank ( I mean you only need 6,000 units LOL) and remember to force close at the right moment before you die- that is the only skill left in aw at this point.

If we've learned anything its that complaining here, with no response, never changes the game teams mind.

@Kabam Miike You need to seriously answer our concerns regarding regen champs without def kills. Anyone with champs like SIM, IM DV can try unlimited times with regen-pause-timeout method without any penalty.

Don't worry they'll add heal block nodes
  • BT1984BT1984 Member Posts: 11
    @Kabam Miike I've got this guy in war who died 10 times so far yet still have 2 healthy champs. Are you sure it's the right thing for war to remove defense kills?
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Member Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    BT1984 wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike I've got this guy in war who died 10 times so far yet still have 2 healthy champs. Are you sure it's the right thing for war to remove defense kills?

I'm seeing a similar thing in the alliance war going on right now.... our opponents, even when they die they somehow push through the absolute emotional devastation of those evil letters "KO" and are able to fight with their 2 other champs as well as able to revive/heal and fight some more.

It's almost like what @Kabam Miike said about the removal of defender kills doesn't match with reality.

#KeepDefenderKillPoints
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Member Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Let's just see what the map looks like. One has to assume it will be far worse than the existing map. All we can do now is try it and see. If the other team wants to buy the shards, let them have then
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Member Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Detection masteries needs to be addressed directly by the Mods. Way too much silence from them.
  • DarkConfidant14DarkConfidant14 Member Posts: 3
    @Kabam Miike First of all i'm happy about these changes.
    Alliance war need something new and the fact that i can move freely (without waiting 5 hour an alliance mate)makes me happy.
    And also i think that the introduction of portals can be really useful if it give me the chance to choose more easily the right path and nodes for my heroes .

the only concerns that i have is about killing points (like anyone else).

Let's face the case that my alliance have a great war defence full of all the usual defenders (Crawler, spidey, Magik, Mordo and Hyperion) ; the opposite alliance have a not usual defence (full of various crappy characters).

Now at the end of the war, if the explorations are both equals (100% for example), what happens? The other alliance wins just because they put a lot of different characters? same explorations, same offensive kills........makes me tink that does not reward the skill but just the choose of unusual characters.

Now rank up a defender hero (juggy, phanter c.w, spidey....ecc) for war defence, it's just useless.
    Makes me think that (like what happened in 12.0) things wheren't right tested.
    @Kabam Miike did you used the test server like you did after the 12.0 disaster? did you all studied the comunity feeling before choosing of remove defence killing poins?
    I think no!
    A proof of that is the question of the "detection masteryes" points.
    @Kabam Miike i think that is unacceptable that you forgot about them. Did you ever played this game before? i think that i need back all the mastery core that i have spent for them.

sorry for my english......i'm not mother language and i'm quite rusty with it :blush:
  • BT1984BT1984 Member Posts: 11
    If anything war should cut items from 15 to 5, fix MD (nerf) as it's just boring and keep defense kills
  • vikky89vikky89 Member Posts: 80
    Acanthus wrote: »
    No comment from the mods for days is our answer folks. The "game team" made up their minds apparently. There's No feedback from players being taken into consideration here and the patented silence treatment from kabam means choke this one down and play or move on unfortunately.

Get your regen champs up to rank ( I mean you only need 6,000 units LOL) and remember to force close at the right moment before you die- that is the only skill left in aw at this point.

If we've learned anything its that complaining here, with no response, never changes the game teams mind.

@Kabam Miike You need to seriously answer our concerns regarding regen champs without def kills. Anyone with champs like SIM, IM DV can try unlimited times with regen-pause-timeout method without any penalty.

yeah just heal block whole map and render all regen champs completely useless like DV.
  • Gremlin23Gremlin23 Member Posts: 1
    I just reached level 56 on my contest of champions and when I was on level 55 I had 69 energy limit and when I leveled up I stayed at 69, is that the limit? Was it a bug? Is that as far as it goes?
  • MattyloMattylo Member Posts: 234
    Gremlin23 wrote: »
    I just reached level 56 on my contest of champions and when I was on level 55 I had 69 energy limit and when I leveled up I stayed at 69, is that the limit? Was it a bug? Is that as far as it goes?

60 is when you get the next point
  • Lo4eathLo4eath Member Posts: 309
    Any word on the new map/nodes ?
  • AmonthirAmonthir Member Posts: 754 ★★★
    Yes, Miike, any chance we can get a preview of AW map, or a list of nodes for each map? The disposition of nodes and such determines ranking up new champs, so we would really like to have the info sooner than 'day of'. Even with a 24 hour placement period, it might not be enough time to make sure we have the materials ready.
    Add onto that Defender Diversity, and we will need time for Alliances to discuss who will bring what champs to Defense, in case the points really matter.
  • SubTypicalSubTypical Member Posts: 64
    SubTypical wrote: »
    Mana_Pot wrote: »
    I am curious about the detect masteries now that its been brought up. This does make them completely useless. AQ has maps out there that list all of the opponents on what nodes. AW was the only place with variety (sorta) that they could be used. Can anyone tell me a purpose for them now that I may be missing?

This is something that I raised with the team, and they are discussing the situation now.

Any updates on how this discussion is going @Kabam Miike ? A bunch of people have been asking, and no mods have offered any follow up or even acknowledged that this is still being looked into. @Ad0ra_ , @Kabam Wolf , @Kabam Zibiit, @Kabam Vydious, @Kabam Pertinax, anyone want to chime in here?

Just gonna ignore @Kabam Miike ?
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Member Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Greywarden wrote: »
    I have another example of a war we barely won solely due to defense kills. @Kabam Miike I know you're only the voice of the game team but taking away defensive kills from points totals is going to make people not even try once they reach the "pay to win tier." If you guys are really concerned with people having a feeling of defeat, there will be no greater feeling of defeat when you go up against an item alliance and you don't have the resources to match.

4f66xiebwski.png

Also, reattaching my initial example from before the above war

dua8i6ut1zr8.png

couldn't agree more ... Alliance War is going to go from a fun/exciting/skillful/competitive game mode .... to a game mode where we wait to see if other alliance blows items and if they do, just ignore it and get our "defeated shards". - talk about feelings of defeat.
  • DarkConfidant14DarkConfidant14 Member Posts: 3
    I have another example of a war we barely won solely due to defense kills. @Kabam Miike I know you're only the voice of the game team but taking away defensive kills from points totals is going to make people not even try once they reach the "pay to win tier." If you guys are really concerned with people having a feeling of defeat, there will be no greater feeling of defeat when you go up against an item alliance and you don't have the resources to match.

4f66xiebwski.png

Also, reattaching my initial example from before the above war

dua8i6ut1zr8.png

Just happended the same thing yesterday! we won the war just with the difensive kills because we both where equal in the exploration.
    As i said before.....i think that no one have tested the new system before the realease. I think that all the the develloppers are not players. If you don't play this game you can't undersand it.
    I think that these new war system is going to fall really soon.
    I am curious about the detect masteries now that its been brought up. This does make them completely useless. AQ has maps out there that list all of the opponents on what nodes. AW was the only place with variety (sorta) that they could be used. Can anyone tell me a purpose for them now that I may be missing?

This is something that I raised with the team, and they are discussing the situation now.

Any updates on how this discussion is going @Kabam Miike ? A bunch of people have been asking, and no mods have offered any follow up or even acknowledged that this is still being looked into. @Ad0ra_ , @Kabam Wolf , @Kabam Zibiit, @Kabam Vydious, @Kabam Pertinax, anyone want to chime in here?

Goooooooood morning Mikey! Just checking in again... @Kabam Miike are you guys still discussing?
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Member Posts: 528 ★★★
    Not sure if this has been brought up yet, but how about you penalize teams for using revives and health potions?

If defender kills are removed, we can just revive, and or burn thru health without consequence. If Kabam takes away points (or adds for not using) then that would introduce more skill-based play. I know Kabam wants us to spend money, and we still will, but at least there is a repercussion in wars for those who spam revives.

I loved the defender kills and am sad to see it leave, I just want to have something count when your team does a good job holding off the opposition!
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Member Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Penalizing for item use is basically penalizing for spending at all. Will never happen, but there have been a few good ideas mixed in the comments here on how to maintain war integrity (other than simply keeping D kills, which is the easiest solution).
  • GreywardenGreywarden Member Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Penalizing for item use is basically penalizing for spending at all. Will never happen, but there have been a few good ideas mixed in the comments here on how to maintain war integrity (other than simply keeping D kills, which is the easiest solution).

There has to be a penalty for being outplayed. Just getting the satisfaction of knowing you made somebody use an item isn't enough....
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Member Posts: 1,200 ★★★

There has to be a penalty for being outplayed. Just getting the satisfaction of knowing you made somebody use an item isn't enough....

Agree, I was responding to @Star_Lord_ above me. I think pts for D kills was the simplest and best solution and should be re-implemented, but there have been other good ideas as well.
  • OneslydoggOneslydogg Member Posts: 35
    Any update on detect masteries? The new update renders them useless, and I spent items unlocking them.
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Member Posts: 528 ★★★

Agree, I was responding to @Star_Lord_ above me. I think pts for D kills was the simplest and best solution and should be re-implemented, but there have been other good ideas as well.

I completely agree! I loved watching my body count increase. I was just trying to come up with a possible idea to track how good your defenders are. Kills worked just fine, but if they are set on removing that then at least track the about of bandages used.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Member Posts: 754 ★★★
    Patch is here, any chance we can get a look at War maps and nodes?

Goooooooood morning Mikey! Just checking in again... @Kabam Miike are you guys still discussing?

Goooooooood evening Mikey! Just checking in again @Kabam Miike . Anything yet?

ngvblphpek04.jpg
  • Unconquered_55Unconquered_55 Member Posts: 1
    @Kabam Miike
    Is there any effort being put into fixing the Vision bug? He is not dealing any damage on his specials and not placing the heal block when enemies are reduced to zero power. I was hoping to see something about it being fixed with 15.0 but nothing.....
  • AcanthusAcanthus Member Posts: 447 ★★★
    Acanthus wrote: »

yeah just heal block whole map and render all regen champs completely useless like DV.

DV would be far from useless even with heal block
  • vikky89vikky89 Member Posts: 80
    ztu7b7x4yihk.png

Just wanted to add my screenshot of a war that was a win last week but would be a loss in the new war calculations.

Our attackers played much better than theirs by a margin of a hundred ko's despite exploring 3% less. In this system we are rewarded for our superior gameplay by incurring less points for the opposing team. In the new system, the team that is more willing to buy revives and Zerg the champs down will be rewarded.

The shift from rewarding better gameplay to rewarding a willingness to spend seems impossible to deny.

And @Kabam Miike logic is that people are not trying to fight even with full health champs Lol. Talk about alternative facts.
  • BrandoniusBrandonius Member Posts: 292
    @Kabam Miike
    Is there any effort being put into fixing the Vision bug? He is not dealing any damage on his specials and not placing the heal block when enemies are reduced to zero power. I was hoping to see something about it being fixed with 15.0 but nothing.....

We’re still waiting for them to fix the Skill mastery L4&5...
This discussion has been closed.