Options

Winter of Woe Community Chat [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• Options
    KC4lifeKC4life Posts: 23
    2nd forums page is weirdly wholesome nice to see the good side of the community
  • Options
    EldarforceEldarforce Posts: 15
    But Jax, you guys have taken away the joy of this content! It was so so much fun beige to try and try and try, and we all improved as a result. This has sapped the joy.
  • Options
    EldarforceEldarforce Posts: 15
    But bless you for being such an awesome diplomat, Jax!
  • Options
    pathak_arppathak_arp Posts: 17
    Anyone else think the valiant objective is easy than paragon one..I don't know if it was intentional or pure oversight but it doesn't makes any sense
  • Options
    SamanunSamanun Posts: 630 ★★★
    I don’t really think it makes that much of a difference to be honest.

If it was sinister 6 i wouldn’t have even been able to do the obj and some people aren't able to do the obj because it’s robot
  • Options
    ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,173 ★★★★★
    edited February 8
    I feel like @Kabam Jax's earlier post brought everyone together in a positive way like Rocky brought the Russians on his side at the end of Rocky 4 lol

• Options
    Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 456 ★★★

Great content. Back to the good days where skill is necessary and everyone can't get through content in 10 minutes.

Those people who have played the game only since herc came out and never explored act 6 with 5*3 and r4 before it was ever nerfed might now understand why they see *skill issue* so often now.

Mate, don't be a twat.

I'm valiant, R3 7* warlock, duped 7* sandman, 7* hulk.. necropolis fully explored.

This event sucks.

The energy requirement is the largest part of the suck; I'd probably eventually get there with two of these, probably all three.

But the combo of nodes, huge healing (one sp1 takes him from 50% to 70% on a try where debuffs fell off) and brutal energy cost preventing retrys?

It's just not it. They've missed the mark on this one.
    I would go one step further. The energy cost is a disgusting limitation- but even at 0 that robot objective is downright evil. You could put in a LOT of repetitions and not get a sufficiently strong run because it takes hundreds of hits to make any progress. Fixing the energy would be a fair compromise for the gamma and sin6 objs but the robot one should be retooled altogether
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,075 ★★★★★
    Hear me out on this: Sinister Six is only the easier objective if you have Sandman or Shocker, both relatively recently released champions. Whereas for Robots, the best counters we’ve seen are Warlock and G2099, much older characters and therefore more widely available amongst the player base.

It’s possible that the intention here was to give Paragon players the objectives they were more likely to have the champions to do, even though the fight itself is harder.
  • Options
    Mrwarren96Mrwarren96 Posts: 431 ★★
    I'm a valiant player, all be a lower tiered one compared to some whales and content creators, but this fight just seems way unbalanced, its not a skill check it's a roster check event.. I don't have hulk, sandman, she hulk or shocker .. luckily I have a r2 warlock so I was able to do the robot objective but that still took me over 15 revives to get him down.

The concept of making it hard I understand. But to throw one of the most annoying defenders in the game, up first is frustrating but fine we can deal with that, but to then add unstoppable brute force and then also have the cheek to remove all DOT damage ability from him aswell is ridiculous🤦🏻 then to add the #objectives which literally limit it to all of I think 5 viable counters is nuts... how about make him 5 million health but give us back the DOT damage ability that would make it a bit more fair, I wouldn't mind having a beefier boss but allowing us to more damage, also that allowing alot more counters to be able to do the fight... the game should be about skill abilities not having 5 champs at high rank out of the 200+ champs we have in game....
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,697 ★★★★★
    So update from me with robot practising i now have gotten him to 62% with viv slowly but surely getting the rhythm but getting timings down with unstoppable but its rough when 1 wrong thing kills on a blocked hit but mainly the deaths from my practise has been the unstoppable not happening when i want it or him using a special before the unstoppable gets active
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,942 ★★★★★
    xLunatiXx said:

Kabam Jax said:

We also spoke honestly about why this energy cost needs to exist. But for extra context, there are many players who would dive into this type of content, practice, lose and restart in order to work towards a solo, literally requiring no cost to their account. I don't mean cost in a financial sense, but as we said on the stream, Summoners aren't meant to get high rewards for literally nothing. (don't say time; that isn't a relevant resource in the game's economical balance).

That's where you're wrong. Spending hours to grab a solo, improving game knowledge and skill, should be possible and rewarded.
    If you think otherwise, then this game is going into a direction I'm afraid isn't gonna suit to everyone.
    What's with all these "rewards"="cost" lately? And by cost I mean consumables.
    You guys are using this so much these days, trying to justify spending on content like never before. People used to call it "cash grab". I used to laugh at it. But it's a serious topic at the moment.
    Is Kabam lacking revenues or what ? Let's be honest here and put everything on the table.

This is what SensorTower has their revenue on each platform at for the last 30 days. I think they're fine.
  • Options
    DrDisconnect.DrDisconnect. Posts: 410 ★★

Jeah thats also true. But if i had a 7* r2 warlock i would be able to do it

I did it with a r2 warlock but it still took me 15 revives to get him down, sadly I don't have hulk sandman or shocker or she hulk at 6* or 7* so the other two objective will not be getting done for me🤦🏻 I'm valiant aswell, this content is a joke, fancy putting one of the hardest defenders in the game up first, removing majority of damage being able to be done by DOT addong unstoppable and brute force and then have the cheek to limit it via #objectives, big swing and a miss here from kabam🤦🏻
    Feel sorry for you😒 and im not saying i would do it without revives if i had warlock but at least i'll be able to do it😅
  • Options
    Grub88Grub88 Posts: 219 ★★
    Crcrcrc said:

xLunatiXx said:

Kabam Jax said:

We also spoke honestly about why this energy cost needs to exist. But for extra context, there are many players who would dive into this type of content, practice, lose and restart in order to work towards a solo, literally requiring no cost to their account. I don't mean cost in a financial sense, but as we said on the stream, Summoners aren't meant to get high rewards for literally nothing. (don't say time; that isn't a relevant resource in the game's economical balance).

That's where you're wrong. Spending hours to grab a solo, improving game knowledge and skill, should be possible and rewarded.
    If you think otherwise, then this game is going into a direction I'm afraid isn't gonna suit to everyone.
    What's with all these "rewards"="cost" lately? And by cost I mean consumables.
    You guys are using this so much these days, trying to justify spending on content like never before. People used to call it "cash grab". I used to laugh at it. But it's a serious topic at the moment.
    Is Kabam lacking revenues or what ? Let's be honest here and put everything on the table.

This is what SensorTower has their revenue on each platform at for the last 30 days. I think they're fine.
    Money in has to be more than money out, you have only given us half the story
  • Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,535 ★★★★★
    I do understand Kabam's logic here, but I don't like it. Free entries do basically provide end game rewards for free essentially. HOWEVER, the paragon restriction on here would contradict that IMO. You take revive farming away to prevent free rewards. I get that. And don't' come at with me with apothecary or 22hr events. Of those 22hr events, Arena wins and EV completion require a time investment and make us go for those on certain days. Those are the 2 most dull 22hr events. If so, 2 revives a day is a lot different than what we able to get before. I stated long ago that I understand the reason for revive nerfing, so that's not what this is about. What this is about is that by nerfing the revives, requiring energy cost and then saying "time investment isn't a game resource" is (and I hate to say this) a slap in the face. This game requires a MASSIVE time commitment if you want to play even semi competitively. You are now not only requiring us to burn energy in attempt to hold our sacred and rare revives, you are also saying that the time MANY of us have invested over years is worthless to you. Just like sports teams, they wouldn't exist if not for fans. This game wouldn't exists if not fur us and OUR TIME. Very bad take there Jax.

Either way, The energy cost is a tad much. 2 energy per tile is much more reasonable and make everyone happy.
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,086 ★★★

Was that a solo at 6 mins too? Impressive!

Just waiting for Level Up, then I’ll take mine to r3 along with popping an ungodly amount of boosts and repeating with She Hulk and Robot and playing straight for an hour until it’s done.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,313 ★★★★★

Remember namor regen got nerfed because kabam felt it was too op for the game . But no one bets the eye on absman regen.
    Wonder why:
    "Maybe namor regen was useful as attacker hereas absman regen kicks in more in defender roll"
    For me. This fight seems not based on "may the best skilled players prevail" but more on "do it or leave it"base.

6% was ridiculous OP. 30% is just right.